PDA

View Full Version : hi and help

blooh
11-13-2011, 07:13 AM
before anything else i would just like to warn you bout my english grammar... its not my native language so pls bare with me... :cat_right:

so.. hi im blooh (i know.. i suck at choosing names :cat_cryincorner: ) just got here and i wanna learn how to draw... so can somebody direct me to the right way?? if possible the most basic parts of drawing manga.... i really want to learn and share some of my knowledge to the community... i hope someone help me with my problem...
thanks for reading my post and nice to meet u all.... :cat_remorse:

Sylux
11-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Hello there depressed mangaka, press the Tutorials button up at the top there

ram
11-13-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm so depressed right now as well! Your not alone.
:cat_sad::cat_listen::cat_listen:

Manga isn't easy to draw!(I mean a real pro manga) That's so much I figured out after trying so much! I think I underestimated the world too much in my first dream to make a manga.

Anyway I'll help you with anything you need just ask me, I'm sure I'm at-least capable of answering any questions of a real beginner.

Kenzieroo
11-13-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm sure that with some help you'll get better in no time(Well not, no time.) If you want to lear to draw Manga the first thing you should do is deside what style you want to learn, with me I don't care about style and right now I'm focused on drawing people.

blooh
11-14-2011, 05:11 AM
Hello there depressed mangaka, press the Tutorials button up at the top there

i did... but confuse wich one to choose...

I'm so depressed right now as well! Your not alone.
:cat_sad::cat_listen::cat_listen:

Manga isn't easy to draw!(I mean a real pro manga) That's so much I figured out after trying so much! I think I underestimated the world too much in my first dream to make a manga.

Anyway I'll help you with anything you need just ask me, I'm sure I'm at-least capable of answering any questions of a real beginner.

then can you give me a tut for beginner??? i dont no where to start...

snowb400
11-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Give us some examples of your art. You can decide where you need improving after that. Whoa! my 69th post! I'm a ying yang member now. That was fast. I remember being new just a little bit ago. Anyway, I'm (sorta) new. Compared to the people like bacon barbarian, ram, rei/sutari, anyway.
Question: What is your native language? And what do you mean by basics? Anatomy? Foreshortening? Shading? Hair?

blooh
11-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Give us some examples of your art. You can decide where you need improving after that. Whoa! my 69th post! I'm a ying yang member now. That was fast. I remember being new just a little bit ago. Anyway, I'm (sorta) new. Compared to the people like bacon barbarian, ram, rei/sutari, anyway.
Question: What is your native language? And what do you mean by basics? Anatomy? Foreshortening? Shading? Hair?

well... i had a classmate in high school who is really good at drawing stuff.... then i tried asking him if he could teach how to draw like him.... and the first thing he thought me was lines... he draw some lines and he want me to mimic it... but you can give me tuts that you think could help me... and bout my art... maybe... a little bit like ur avatar... but no hair.... :cat_sad: btw tagalog is my native lang... im a filipino...

Siaman
11-15-2011, 05:13 AM
you choose what you want to learn from the tutorial above...( beside dashboard)

blooh
11-15-2011, 06:53 AM
sorry for asking this here but is this style of drawing the face okay..??? http://thejennypill.deviantart.com/art/How-to-draw-Anime-Face-tutoria-135728925?q=boost%3Apopular%20how%20to%20draw%20ma nga&qo=7

ram
11-16-2011, 04:47 AM
That made me laugh somehow after viewing what you posted.
Didn't understand why >_>

Anyway blooh dude, I'm a filipino as well and siaman too.
Try viewing all about head tutorial if your a complete beginner.

blooh
11-16-2011, 06:45 AM
That made me laugh somehow after viewing what you posted.
Didn't understand why >_>

Anyway blooh dude, I'm a filipino as well and siaman too.
Try viewing all about head tutorial if your a complete beginner.

ahahahaha.... :D
yeah did check that and didn't help me at all... (sorry) i learn how to draw anime/manga style starting with teh eyes...
btw do you understand tagalog...??
and i luv ur avatar... she (i prefer she i dont know why :D) follows my mouse pointer from left to right.... :D (been doinf that every time i go to this thread :D)

ram
11-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah well improving procedural memory isn't like improving episodic memory

I mean you can read all you want all about drawing books but you won't get better if you don't practice it.
Just draw what you learn and try what you gain.

Yeah I speak tagalog, Although I speak english here for people to undrestand what were saying.
I would speak to you in tagalog if it were on the main site and just us commenting on each others profile, I never speak to a fellow filipino in english anyway, I hate those fancy people who feels their any intelligent or rich when they speak english. (philippines is full of those people)

blooh
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM

I mean you can read all you want all about drawing books but you won't get better if you don't practice it.

Yeah I speak tagalog, Although I speak english here for people to undrestand what were saying.
I would speak to you in tagalog if it were on the main site and just us commenting on each others profile, I never speak to a fellow filipino in english anyway, I hate those fancy people who feels their any intelligent or rich when they speak english. (philippines is full of those people)

ahahahaha.... yeah right... for crying out loud were in philippines...!!! >_<
anyway do you use paint sai??? or tablet??? can you recommend me a nice tablet???

snowb400
11-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Depends on the cost. I speak Mandarin, English, and am learning French. Do you want a cheap or expensive tablet?

ram
11-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Mine is CDR-king tablet, Since your in the philippines I would recomed that one since it's cheap and works fine.
It's only P2180

Well if you do have money you can buy wacom if you want, They say wacom is better in every way (don't really care as long as i can draw in the computer)

I use Mangastudio ex4, Illuststudio, photoshop and paint tool sai as software for drawing.

I don't use Sai that often.

blooh
11-17-2011, 04:57 AM
Mine is CDR-king tablet, Since your in the philippines I would recomed that one since it's cheap and works fine.
It's only P2180

Well if you do have money you can buy wacom if you want, They say wacom is better in every way (don't really care as long as i can draw in the computer)

I use Mangastudio ex4, Illuststudio, photoshop and paint tool sai as software for drawing.

I don't use Sai that often.

actually i do have a tablet from cdr king... but its so small..!!! i think it cost me 1k.... *sign* should have bought the 2k like urs.... *_*

blooh
11-17-2011, 05:02 AM
Depends on the cost. I speak Mandarin, English, and am learning French. Do you want a cheap or expensive tablet?

i only speak english , tagalog and a little bit of japanese... :D
and bout the tablet... i think ill just buy one from our local store....

ram
11-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Bigger tablet is better but Big tablet with small screen isn't good enough.

If you have a really small laptop or something it's better to draw on small tablet as well but if you do have big screen desktop or something then you should have bought the bigger one.

doesn't really matter cause Cype already proven that you don't need a tablet to draw good.

Anyway go visit the group board sometime, it's on the top menu.
Just replace the name guest and name it your name and click enter

snowb400
11-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I thought cype had a tablet?

DemonChild101
11-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Hello! I hear your just starting drawing!! Thats soooo exiteing!!!
The basics are in the tutorials and other than that just draw!! I know its cliche, but the more you draw, regardless of the style, the better you'll get.
... and so is the fact that you speak another language! I have to hand it to you your grammars probably as good as mine! ... which is sad. I know a few people who speak tagalog and they're all cool. So you must be cool right? COOL:cat_thumbsup:

Fenn
11-20-2011, 10:20 PM

THANK YOU. If I ever go to the phillipines I will be sure to learn tagalog first.

ram
11-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Sorry, That's what happens when I'm not too specific, I mean fellow Filipino who were born and raised in the Philippines should speak Tagalog.

Rio
11-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I would speak to you in tagalog if it were on the main site and just us commenting on each others profile, I never speak to a fellow filipino in english anyway, I hate those fancy people who feels their any intelligent or rich when they speak english. (philippines is full of those people)And you get the reverse in America where if you don't speak Tagalog, then you're not really a Filipino. Face it, elitist people are elitist for whatever dumb reason they want to be better than everyone else. :\

@ Fenn
It's always useful to speak the local language just so you can communicate and get around.

@ Blooh
Welcome to Manga Tutorials! C:

Fenn
11-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry, That's what happens when I'm not too specific, I mean fellow Filipino who were born and raised in the Philippines should speak Tagalog.

No dude I was really thanking you! It's good of you to use English here for our sakes, and as such I'd make sure whereever I travel I at least have a basic understanding of the native language in respect to the people who live there.

Cloudy
11-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi and welcome.

The tutorials is a good place to start, choose something you feel comfortable with learning such as how to draw a simple face or simple body.

when Group Board gets back up you might consider having a look there at some of the artists drawing and maybe you could have a go too :)