PDA

View Full Version : Respite (Umbralume)



Pages : [1] 2

Kodos
11-02-2011, 09:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHXsFe2iag
There are rumors.
In torchlit taverns huddled Humans have begun to whisper what the Vampires have long hoped. Argintazori, it is claimed, has vanished. The angelic defender of Humanity gone - some say it was the Vampires what killed her, while others say the Horned Society simply had her disappeared. The churches say that this is not true, or they say nothing.
In Valahia, it is said, a powerful Human Necromancer has deposed the Vampiric baron of Inchissol and claimed the barony for her own.
And Naletsa, the dread demon, continued to grow in power, as her cult waxes and her vile presence begins to concern even the Vampires.
There are rumors.

And there is a meeting. An unlikely meeting called by a Stitcher between herself, a Vampire Hunter, a infirm Psion, and an Alchemist.

***

Abigail Godwin lived alone in her family's manor for many years. Well, not entirely alone, but none of the other residents were quite capable of forming even basic sentences, so they probably did not count. Recently she'd gotten a girlfriend, and in doing so gained a housemate.

Despite having no maids or butlers, and no hired help, Abigail did have plenty of servants, and the mansion was well maintained and cared for, although some areas of it had clearly not been used in a considerable amount of time.

Abigail personally welcomed her guests - her servants lacked people skills. She was a stunning woman with ample curves, flowing black hair, and a gorgeous face. She'd worn a conservative black dress, and while she seemed to be aware of her looks, she didn't see to feel the need to show them off.

Escorting her guests to one of the mansion's parlors, she took a seat upon a divan and offered the Alchemist, Cleric, and Telepath chairs of their own.

"So," she said with a smile, her voice soft, "thanks for coming. And thanks for understanding. It is not common for people to be so accepting of what it is I do." She gave a smile. "I do not blame others, though. The world is a frightful place, and progress can be scary." She gave a shrug. "I hope in time my work and efforts will maybe lessen that horror in some small way. But before we continue," Abigail gave a slight wave at Lucy. "How are you feeling, love? Shall I get you anything?"

Delphinus
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Beneath the hood of Lucy's long, shapeless cowl you could discern only a few features. Here was a small white nose. Here was a loose black ringlet. It was impossible to tell anything about her appearance beyond the following basic facts: she was smaller than usual for a woman, had skin that was translucent and faint even for a citizen of Umbralume, which contrasted with her raven hair and - most unusually - clutched a walking cane in one hand.

"Please, some water, just water, I've already eaten... I'm not too unwell." Her voice was too clear and certain for what she was saying, as though the words were being read out by someone who had been handed a transcript of a conversation. But perhaps that could be explained by the whispering, dry voice that seemed to be half a second ahead of the louder one.

Kodos
11-02-2011, 09:47 PM
Abigail excused herself before returning with a glass of water for Lucy. "I'd have had the servants do it, but while some of my better ones can carry glasses, I still can't get hem to pour without making a huge mess." She gave a laughing sigh, "it's frustrating, but I am hopeful."

Smiling, Abigail sat down and continued. "Well, where were we? Oh, right! I was recently going over some of my father's, gods rest his soul, letters and notes when I learned that he had been in a correspondence with Samuel Burnside, about matters of interest to me. Sadly, Burnside, and the entire village near his estate, were overrun by the undead a few years before my father's passing. I'd like you all to accompany my beloved Mishka to the Burnside estate, and to see what you can find for me. I'll pay you all for the safe return of my beloved, whether or not you manage to find anything. I understand the town is relatively intact, all things considered, though, and I am hopeful that some of his notes or letters have survived."

"If there are no questions, I shall go fetch Mishka, and you can all get acquainted."

Evil_Cake
11-02-2011, 10:33 PM
Titian the Alchemist sat upright in his chair, with a very stiff and withdrawn posture. His hair was black and greasy, his eyes extra wide and apprehensive. In his lap, he clutched an old leather backpack, and seemed to have it ready for use as a shield if necessary.

"Uhm... I'd love to get acquainted with uh, your Mishka...", he spoke with an uneasy voice, "but uh, I hope we won't be leaving immediately after... I didn't come fully prepared to deal with undead, and was hoping to uh, use your labs... I have plenty of money to pay you if needed..."

Kodos
11-02-2011, 11:11 PM
"Of course, silly!" Abigail laughed. "I wouldn't send you all off on some dangerous errand without feeding you and giving you a place to rest up and prepare yourselves, first!" Abigail then looked up at the ceiling. "Mishka, my love, you can quit being paranoid and overprotective and come down and say hello. Honestly, we're among friends!"

Regantor
11-02-2011, 11:38 PM
"Sorry, darling..."

A statue-esk figure hung in the dark above them, clinging to the rafters with innumerable dark limbs. The centerpiece of the creature was the lithe torso of a woman bearing skin the color of granite, absolutely stunning in form, with reddish accents layering the cheeks of a soft face, and small, neat bob of steely white hair curling out from above it. The black leather clothes showed as much of this off as possible, typically. -And yet, the deep, red eyes spoke of a creature desperately trying to avoid scrutiny...

And for good reason. The lower half was that of a gigantic chitinous spider, a glossy jet black armor layering all eight of her contorting legs. Also, wings. Vast blood-red wings spouting from the back, and a barbed claw on the right arm which would not have looked out of place on a Vrock. A gnarled mutant spider shedding it's skin and spewing out baroque, living artwork.

"...It's... It's cute!" A charmed voice echoed down, sweet tones totally juxtaposed with the abominable silhouette creeping down towards Titian. She moved down very slowly and ponderously, nervously attempting to stay in the shade for as long as possible. "The male thing is... He's all wrapped up! Who put clothes on the little darling?..."

Evil_Cake
11-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Titian leaned back into his chair with his face full of terror. Normally, he would have pissed his pants at a moment like this, but he managed to hold it in. "Y-you're Mishka?! Do you really need our help? SHIT WE'RE HERE AS FOOD AREN'T WE?!!"

Kodos
11-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Abigail gave Mishka a warm smile. Judging by the way her features lit up she really was head-over-heels in love with the spider-lady. "Mishka! Manners!" She laughed before turning to Titian, giggling a bit. "Mishka wouldn't hurt you, and she certainly wouldn't eat you. You can relax. I know her appearance may be a bit surprising, but I personally think she is beautiful regardless of what those monsters did to her."

Regantor
11-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Rather than be offended, Mishkala took to incessantly giggling at Titian's outburst. "...I'm.... Ha.... Sorry, it's just... such... A silly little male... hahaha..."

Refraining from ruffling his hair as her whispish left arm apparently wanted to, she instead made her way to Abigail's side and softly embraced her using all four upper limbs instead. "No harm meant, Darling... And thank you." Her forehead met with the woman's upper chest, totally comfortable and unexpectedly submissive. Almost like the creature was pandering to the woman out of some sort of guilt or repayment, even.

Kodos
11-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Abigail began to stroke Mishka's hair, embracing the large spider-lady. "She means well, but like all of us she is the victim of her culture, and in more ways than the obvious one." She gave a sad little smile.

Evil_Cake
11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
"Mmhmm..." Titian calmed down a little bit, but kept his eyes glued to the Drider, just in case. He also tightened the scarf he wore by tugging on the ends a little.

Delphinus
11-03-2011, 05:48 AM
Lucy jerked back in her chair. That - thing - was unnatural. The Saint would want her to purge it - but then, the Saint wanted a lot of things purged, didn't he?

In the same unsynchronised two voices: "She- she's not coming with us? Can we be seen with her? Why would we... want to be... why would you... too far? No, too far hasn't killed anyone... product of her culture?"
This dissolved into incoherent muttering as she realised she was thinking out loud.

Regantor
11-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Mishka regarded the hooded woman now, wings twitching and kicking up a small gust subconsciously. A serene smile crossed her face. Perhaps she appreciated the fear?...

"Be at ease. I'll simply be a whisper in your ear. A shadow in the corner of your vision." If you closed your eyes, that voice could nearly count as soothing... Never mind the fact she clearly didn't understand the concept of making people comfortable. "You didn't see me when you came in, did you? Everything will be just fine..."

After a moment, she then departed from Abigail's side and swiftly floated over towards Lucy. It was no secret that the creature was trying to examine the small, shrouded thing up close. Her legs lowered, and her body coiled like a snake, seeking to make direct eye contact.

"...You wouldn't... have another reason to dislike me, now, would would you?..."

Delphinus
11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Lucy shrank back into her chair even further. Her cane, which she'd been holding up with the palm of one hand, fell to the floor with a clatter. Beneath the hood Mishka could see a face that was pale and attractive, if quite thin and overly pronounced, with two blue eyes situated under long dark eyelash. Luminescent blue eyes: they glowed with an interior light, and the iris had a shifting and swirling pattern.

This time, Lucy's voice echoed. There were three or four copies of her voice shouting: "Get away from me! Stay away! Stay away..."

It was obvious to Miska that the movements of Lucy's mouth were a little ahead of her apparent voices' emergence.

Regantor
11-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Mishka looked a little surprised at first, but then veiled her emotions over with an expression of quiet haughtiness. The creature did not approach any closer, and found itself just basking in Lucy's abject horror instead. You could see it in her posture; Scaring a human was piecemeal, but scaring something ab-human was worth bonus points.

"...I see... So, you're not quite so pleased with yourself, either..." The tone of her voice denoted a simple observation, formidable granite-colored breasts now arced upwards. "What an interesting thing... Your fear flatters me."

Anybody who knew anything about Drow knew that they tended to put fear and respect in one basket. But this monster, likely considered a freak by her own people... Lapped it up like sweet nectar all the more.

Superdooperphailmachine
11-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Lucia gave Mishka a look of disgust. The lady of the manor was clearly a deranged psychopath, who in there right mind would let a Drider live with them, especially as a lover.
"Miss Abigail, how can you stand to live around such grotesque monsters? Even if they are a little more docile than usual they still look hideous."

She looked like the real deal as far a vampire slayers went, was armed with a load of silver daggers, a mace and wore a mithril breastplate, which was shaped around a huge tattoo of a pelorian sun on her back. under the armour was a practical black dress, made for mobility it seemed.

Kodos
11-07-2011, 06:49 AM
"They are neither grotesque nor monsters, Ms. Lucia, and I am saddened to see that you take a such a backwards view on things that you cannot appreciate even the amount of artistry and craft that goes into their creation. What I do is as much an art as it is progress. I admit that all my work is not quite as visually appealing as that which I did for my beloved, but sadly we all cannot be gorgeous young women." She gave a little laugh and smiled lovingly towards the Drider.

Superdooperphailmachine
11-07-2011, 07:18 AM
"If those golems are anything like the one's I've seen, they are probably the artistic equivalent of a childs scribbles. Now if you could remove the spider half of your Drider and attach some actual legs, that aren't grossly mismatched I may see it as a little more than disgusting. although that wouldn't change the fact Drow are terrible and cruel creatures."

Kodos
11-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Abigail gave Lucia a Look.
The Look said 'STFU bitch'

"Ms. Lucia I strongly suggest you remember your manners lest I forget mine. And while I would not dare to deny the cruelty or degeneracy of the Drow culture I assure you that my beloved is reformed. And I would agree with you that she deserves punishment for the sins she has committed in the past, but neither she, nor anyone deserves to be punished in the obscene manner in which she was punished. Finally, Ms. Lucia, you would fancy yourself a defender of Humanity and yet your lack of compassion, empathy, or mercy strongly suggest to me that you probably ought to re-familiarize yourself with it."

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-iceburn.gif

Regantor
11-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Mishka started to giggle after the first salvo of insults, slowly building it into a cacophony of shrill, uncontainable laughter that reverberated around the gothic stone walls.

"You humans and your arguments..." It took until Abigail spoke once more for the Drider to regain her composure. "Throwing insults and rubbing each another's faces into your worst failings... Never once thinking about how much more effective things would be if you just went ahead and fixed the situation you had such a problem with."

"Abigail, my beloved creature... She fixes death, you understand? Nothing can be more startling in it's beauty, save for the soft, warm hands she uses to complete such task." Mishkala once again gave her a warm expression, before leaning towards Lucia and laying a clawed arm on the table. "Either way, my dear hunter, would you be the one to advocate digging up and desecrating the grave of some poor young woman? I find myself grateful for macabre parts my mistress has given me, considering the alternative. Considering the damage that has already been done-..."

Her voice seemed to curve and fail on the last word, betraying a small amount of uneasiness about the mutation herself. It's not like one could even choose to become a Drider if they wanted to; Perhaps her confidence was the only thing refusing to let her to admit that?

Again, a sombre, hopeful smile cropped back up, seeking to brush all the ill omens under the carpet.

Superdooperphailmachine
11-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Lucia rolled her eyes, they are already digging bodies up to make disgusting golems, giving the Drider actual legs wouldn't really be any worse. But Abigail was obviously touched in the head so she debated no further.

Regantor
11-18-2011, 09:04 PM
"Please try to brush the dust off your sense of humor, priestess." Mishka made another sharp, silhouetted smile, and sort of lent against a backwards chair in a weird imitation of sitting. "How exactly would it profit Abigail or myself if I killed you in your sleep? It would not."

"As... devoted as you are to your particular studies, I'll forgive you for not realizing many of the greatest Drow in history have become Driders and have died that way." Rather than patronizing, her voice now seemed to be as harsh and sarcastic as Lucia's, perhaps in a desperate bid to relate to the stoic woman. "I am not arrogant enough to assume curing it is childsplay. I do not enjoy the feeling of it under my skin. Becoming an even less Drow monster is perhaps even preferable."

Using her crimson talon, she rather carefully plucked some glasses up and moved one infront of Lucia, pouring them both a considerable quantity of finely aged red wine. Trying to drink from her own glass nearly resulted in her toppling it, so she just shrugged and swapped hands to the more humanoid one before disgruntlely sipping away.

"...Knowing this... Can we at least agree to put it behind us for now?"

Superdooperphailmachine
11-21-2011, 08:06 AM
"Pff, great Drow? How can anyone use those words together?" Lucia, ignored the wine but at least had the decency to actually respond to the creature this time.
"I am going to go to sleep, make sure your creatures stay away from me."

Kodos
11-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Abigail rolled her eyes as Lucia made her way off to one of the bedrooms, smiling to Lucy and Titian after she left. "I'm sorry about that. I thank you both for your understanding. It is unfortunate that Lucia is racist, but I understand she is very good at what she does, and I put your wellbeing first." She smiled warmly at Mishkala. "I do not know what I would do without my beloved Mishka."

Regantor
11-23-2011, 10:48 PM
"Great and Drow? Of course! These should be great by human standards, for sure!" Mish held up her bazongas by crossing her arms beneath them, making a tremendously prideful face. Lucia was beginning to stand up anyway, but the tact of showing them to a priestess seemed to be lost on her regardless. "Just tell me if you want anything, okay, sweetheart?..." She was still talking to Lucia, typically.

"It's alright, Abigail, darling..." Placing her elbows back on the table, the arachnid-woman then just made an upbeat little sigh and looked at the ceiling. "I like her!... She's such a bitch!"

"As for you two... I understand this place is scary and all, but please ask if you want something." The helpful expression on her face said she might actually be serious. "You're helping my darling, after all, so I can hardly let you go hungry or thirsty... Just knock on the door, okay?"

Kodos
12-02-2011, 09:44 PM
The next morning, Abigail and Mishka greeted everyone in the main dining hall of her mansion. "Morning dears." Abigail smiled, waving the group over. "I made everyone breakfast because I'd feel awful sending you all off on adventure with an empty stomach! And because last time I tried letting one of the servants cook they caught fire and then the other one flipped out and it was just a very big mess and I'd rather avoid that again."

She smiled at Titian. "I trust my lab was helpful? My field's a bit different from yours, but I imagine it had everything you needed, yes?"

Evil_Cake
12-03-2011, 12:17 PM
"Breakfast isn't.... bugs... is it?" The alchemist seemed genuinely concerned. "And the lab was perfect! But... erm... well I was making this sticky bomb... and it kind of blew up prematurely... all over the place..."

Delphinus
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
This time only the quiet, murmuring voice emerged from under Lucy's cowl. It seemed the scene last night had deterred her from pretending to be able-bodied.

"I hope it isn't too rich. You know how rich food makes me feel..."

Then, as though she'd forgotten herself, the other voice emerged. This time it didn't bother to traverse Lucy's vocal cords, and instead came from inside your heads.

TĘR̛R̷IB͜L̸E͠.͏ LÁS͘T͟ T͜I͞ME̵ I̶ ͟AT̵E̛ MEAŢ I ̢W̴A̢S IN ͞B̕ED F̷O̴R ̵T̨HRE͡E ͡D̵AYS A͘F̛T́ĘR̴W͘AR̴DS. ͞A̷ND ͘T̕H̴E͝N M̨Y C͟HA͏M҉BE͜RMAID̢ ͘RE̴TI̴RED̀ B̨ECAUS͘E S̢HE͘ ̧WA̛S̵ ́PR̨EGŃANT. NOT T̢HAT ̶I̵'M͟ ̵C̕O̴MPLAI̸ǸINĢ. y͡ou'͞l̷l͘ jusţ ҉h̴a͠v͜e̷ ͝to͠ ̕p̀u̸t͞ ͢up̢ ̢w͢ith ̨it́. àl͠so͏ no̴b̀o͜dy ̀c͏ares̛ about͞ y͏òur ͟d̢i͜e̵t̴ o͞f̀ i̶n҉s҉ects͏

Regantor
12-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Mishkala was already seated with a backwards chair propping up her pelvis, busy gorging into a pile of gammon, fried eggs and bacon sizable enough to kill an average person. It certainly didn't look like bugs, but at the rate the intense arachnid woman was going at it, joining in could still be considered hazardous for your health.

The voice that penetrated each of their minds... Now, that did get her attention. So much so that her breakfast almost went down the wrong way. Coughing heavily, she just gave Lucy and irate look and again pondered on what exact kind of freak the woman was.

"...Look, are you possessed or something? Or turning into a Lich?" Yeah, she went ahead and said it, alrough her expression was more one of curiosity or perhaps sadistic interest rather than fear now. Using her left hand, she molded a tiny little humanoid shape made of blue light, then puppeteered it on a little dance around the table top. "Forgive my forwardness, but the worst kind of monsters are the ones you cannot see. The ones that manipulate your mind from the shadows..." A snap of the fingers, and the little man dissipated.

A small laugh, then she lent on her elbow and shot Lucy a coy but shady grin. "...Now, I've been perfectly honest with you, haven't I sweetness? We can all trust each other, can't we?"

Delphinus
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
N͘OT A̧ LIC͢H. ͢I ͜B́ARELY͢ KNOW͡ ŢH̶E̢ ̴FU͢ND҉AME͟ŃT̡ALS͢ O̡F́ ͠SP͢EL͘L͞WEA͢VIN͡G̀.

Í'll͘ t͘a̛lk l͘i̧k̨e͞ ̢t͞h͡is͘ ̸to̵ ýo͘u͟.͏ It͠'s ̛e̶asi̸e̶ŗ, a͢n̵d ̢s̷i̸n̕c̡e you̕ ķno̶w̴ I do̴n͝'͟t̡ ̴n͢ee͟d t̕o͝ ca͜re̡.͡ I ̛d̢oņ'̀t k͟n͘o̴w ͡wh̶a̴t̀ Į a̢m. N̡obody s͠ee͜ms t͡o̸ know ҉wh͏a̕t ҉I a͢m̀.͠ B͢l̴asp͜he҉mou͝s,̕ t̶ḩat'͡s w͝h̡ąt I̶ am. An͝ a̡b҉e̸rr͏ati̷o͝ń. Doze͟n̨s̢ o̧f b͏ooks ̴c̛a̵n͠'t tȩll ́mȩ what I a̢m̧. N̡o̷r ca̧n ̶d̛octo̷r̴s͞, wiz̸a̵rd̴s͞, ҉p̡r̷i̛es̸t̛s̢ -̡ ҉ņo̶t҉ ̕e̕v̷e̵n ͡t̷he̸ ͜Sa̛i̕ńt́ k͝now̛s ̷wha͜t͘ ̕I ͡a̵m.̛ A̕ di̧sg͞r͜ac̶e̕ ̢t̴o ̡m͡y̧ ҉fam̴i̶ly҉ ̡a̕n̶d ́r͟el҉i͢g̸i̶o̴n̡,͘ th҉at's ͏w͢hat I͢ am.́ A ̷c͡r̢i̴p͜pled ͘f͡re̴a҉k̵,͟ t҉hat's ̡what I am͏. Un͏hol̴y ̀an͟d͡ ̴blas͡p̕hemo̕u̶s͟.͢ ̕L̛ik͝e̛ y͝o͝u. ͜Be gl͢ád̡ I d͞e̸ìgn͟ed͢ ̢t̨o te͝l̶l y͜ơu.́

Regantor
12-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Like everything with Mishkala, this news was met not with a shocked expression or respectful silence, but instead a highly enthusiastic laugh.

"And here I was thinking working with humans wouldn't be all that interesting!" She basically cooed, a soft but sharply accented voice betraying less than savory daydreams. "Let me tell you my dear, for starters, being considered a crime against nature and religion is underrated. Consider that the further away from being the best human you become, the closer you are to being the best something else..."

"Many of my own Drow sisters cannot grasp this simple fact, even! Do they really think that the all-knowing gods would appear to us as simple little humanoid shapes? It's preposterous! Hilariously misguided and hilariously preposterous!"

Whilst making her 'motivational' speech, she began to glide towards the group at a slow, relaxed, rather rhythmic pace. Lucy and Lucia were given plenty of room, but Titian was affectionately patted on the top of the head like one might treat a trusted dog.

Knowledge - Religion Test on anything Mishy would know relating to Lucy's descriptions...
1d20+8=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3292168/)

Kodos
12-19-2011, 04:23 AM
"Oh pfft." Abigail smiled towards Lucy. "You're not a freak, love, and neither is my Mishka. You are as the gods, or nature, or whatever, made you, and Mishka is no more a freak than the victim of a violent crime is a freak. You are not your condition, and she is not the obscenity that was done to her. And neither of you are unholy." She smiled lovingly at Mishka. "My Mishka may be blasphemous to Lolth, but I don't think that quite counts." Abigail gave a slight laugh before turning to Titian. "Why? You eats bugs, dear?" More laughter. "Of course not, silly! It's breakfast, silly! If you're expecting me to cook something exotic and Drow for you, I can't. Besides, we don't get spiders that large here to even try half their dishes!"

Regantor
12-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Mishka hadn't even thought about it before, but the idea of eating a fat juicy cave spider suddenly seemed a whole lot like cannibalism. She just shot Abigail a small dishearted smile, before curtseying towards their guests and returning to the table. "...Don't worry, it's just words, dear. You taught me that... More tea?"

Always eager to serve, she refilled Abigal's cup back to the brim, regardless of her answer. She then just took up a place hanging from the stitcher's arm and smiled contently. "Come now, eat up!" A pleasant sigh was directed at the group of hired hands... Well, the women, anyway. "There is no reason my dearest would poison you, as spare bodies are in no short order. I also asure you that she is a wonderful cook, and it's not like you can say that about alot of people who hire mercenaries... So, please! Dig in and renew your vitality for the day ahead!"

Evil_Cake
12-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Titian sat down at the table, but just kinda prodded his food with a fork. It might be best to let others try the food first...

Regantor
01-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Mishkala held up the smile well enough through the elongated silence, through their guests seemed pretty obviously happy to go without all the food they lovingly prepared...

But, now, she couldn't think of any new ways of ushering them along. What exactly were they taking so personally? Were a priest-turned murderer, a self-declared abomination, and a damn clueless little alchemist boy really so sure of themselves that they'd keep on insulting her so blatantly? It's... criminal ignorance...

The uncomfortable quiet continued. Trying to distract herself, Mishka went back to eating her own breakfast, through her hands shook so much now it became difficult to restrain her fork.

What exactly was it that they wished to clean their hands of? Did acting so disdainful towards the lovely soul that was Abigail somehow make them smug, or internally justified? Blind love wasn't a Drow trait. The human woman had dragged her out of a ditch and pieced her back together as best she could, asking absolutely nothing in return. As yet, Mishkala had not found a way to repay this debt, but was utterly trapped in the concept of trying to.

"...So, you just want to belittle everything to feel powerful, is that it?..." The frail thing finally spoke up again, through now with a tone as spiteful and tormented as her broken form actually suggested. "Think you just speak down on my mistress like she's a simpleton performer of cheap tricks? Like you can just rip all of the Drider organs out of my lower half, and I'd survive just like that? You're... y-you're...."

Anger built in her shoulders, until she couldn't think of doing anything but throwing her remaining breakfast across the room, which collided noisily with the far wall.

"As morally unclean as every fucking inhuman creature you despise so much. It's... unforgivable!”

Giving a quick glance across to Abigail, she then just retreated from the outburst as quickly as possible, awkwardly hiding her eyes using her hand and the grooved rear of her red talon.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-02-2012, 02:55 AM
"Oh be quiet, and imagine for a second what it must feel like to have a monster stand over you while you eat food offered to you by someone you have only just met in a mansion that is filled with Shuffling dead" Lucia wasn't too happy about getting shit from this creature first thing in the 'morning', she wasn't really happy about it being part of her morning at all really.

Regantor
01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
"I wasn't exactly born here either, you fool." Mishkala scowled back, through her anger was quickly loosing weight. She didn't exactly attempt to discredit her being a 'monster' this time. "Apparently some people of the cloth are just better at counting their blessings than others... Why do human priests insist on thinking their race is the center of the universe?... Where do they get off thinking they can still be considered 'good' at the same time as wishing death upon every other race out there?"

The twisted woman's mannerism became strange. It was almost like her spite wasn't quite directed at Lucia anymore, instead into the table before her, mixed in with equal parts denial and despair. It was perfectly possible that the human priesthood were not the organisation she had come to hate alone.

Delphinus
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Leaving non-combat telepathy un-ZALGO from now on to make it easier to read.

You don't need to like it - her - just be gracious to... her. She? should be treated as - oh, I don't know the stupid proper etiquette for dining with abominations - but she's the object of a lady's fancy, so it - I mean she - should be treated more kindly than dirty commoners, maybe? Oh bother, I don't know, but treat her like a pet?

She... is a lovely... um. Curiosity, Abigail. How did you find her?

Oh curses. Now she sounded as though she were standing up for the wretched thing. Not that it was any more wretched than her, but... no, it's still a wretched thing. Still a wretched thing, yes.

Kodos
01-06-2012, 07:25 PM
"Mishka is not a 'curiosity', Lucy." Abigail said coldly. "She is a person, and she has a name. Mishkala is not some stray dog I rescued, I did not 'find' her. We met."

Abigail turned to Mishka and smiled lovingly at the Drider, the affection clear in her voice and eyes. "I was in Otranto getting some parts and I ran into her, more or less, and one thing led to another and now we're a happy couple and, gods willing, we'll continue to be so for a very long time." She turned to Titian. "Hey, eat up, you!" Abigail laughed at the Alchemist. "You'll need your strength! Big day and all that!"

Evil_Cake
01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
Oh Gods, will they kill me if I don't eat? Titian inaudibly prayed for his life, then picked up some of the meal with a fork. Sweat poured down from his forehead as he slowly, with a trembling hand, brought the food closer to his mouth. He opened wide, and let out a cry of defeat before sticking the stuff in his mouth and swallowing it. Then he repeated this many times until breakfast was all gone, and he fell back in his chair, exhausted.

Kodos
01-11-2012, 08:57 PM
The trip to burnside manor was fortunately uneventful by Umbralume standards - only a few dozen Zombies, Wolves, and Zombie Wolves to fight or evade on the way over, and most of the Zombies in the town were easily avoided. The trip took two days, both nights of which some of the group may have been able to hear the otherwise fierce Drider woman softly crying in her sleep.

***

The mansion itself was thankfully gated and somewhat away from the rest of the town. With the gates closed behind them and the distance between the mansion and the town proper, it would probably be many hours, if not a day or two, before the zombies outside the gates managed to stumble their way inside, thankfully. Granted, it was probable there were already zombies within the mansion and ground, and given the late Lord Burnside's hobbies, quite probable the interior of the mansion might have other, nastier, things waiting.

The mansion itself was a fancy, two story, affair and largely intact - there were no obvious broken windows or walls and other than general neglect, no signs to show that the mansion, like the town, had recently suffered a zombie apocalypse.

The apparent points of ingress for the group were the large double doors in front, which may or may not have been locked or barred from within, and a few large windows for dynamic entry.

Regantor
01-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Mishkala approached the double doors quite hastily, lithe body swift and low to the ground. She had barely said anything to the group during the journey, mostly just giving them ambivilent looks. Now that it was actually time for some action, she wasn't going to be content with wasting the slightest second.

Her clawed arm pressed heavily against the thick doors, giving them a decent ammount of pressure, but also doing her best not to set anything off. They were locked anyway, probally barricaded from the inside.

"We should-..." She gave them a weird look for a second, glancing at their stumbling little humanoid legs, then sighing heavily. "...I'm going to see if I can get inside on the second floor, then I'll come back and see if I can unlock this from within." There was no time wasted indeed. Not leaving them the smallest space to object, the drider just went right up the side of the stonework, spindily legs hooking effortlessly into the gaps between each eroded brick. "Please try and keep the noise down, this is not one of your sloppy little human inns..."

Rapidly approaching the second story, she just sought out the closest window she'd be able to actually fit through, then gave the handles a hefty nudge.

{Edit break}

The small window directly above the door was practically opaque with dirt, but Mishkala could at least just about make out the floor below, her blood red irises cutting through the resounding darkness clear as day. It didn't look like it was supposed to open, either, but none of the other windows ran directly into the main promonade beyond...

Slowly, carefully, she dug her unholy arm through the glass, seeking to make as little noise as possible. Several dull crunches followed by a few stray clattering fragments. Nothing too bad. Now, the window itself, which Mishkala had to painfully twist her way through in order to get all of her legs inside, along with that momentous ass...

It was pure silence within. Furniture was huriedly stacked up against the doorway, but all signs of a struggle were long since gone. Now, all that remained was the small dunes of dust piling in the corners, and enough cobwebs knited around that the gloomy alcoves that it looked more than a little like a hanging fog.

Wasting no time, Mishkala just began to haul the furniture out of the way, one eye perminantly remaining on the supposedly empty doorway behind her.

Nothing game. Three or four minutes later, she briskly opened the door and ushered the others inside.

"Well, you three look like you're having fun..."

Evil_Cake
01-18-2012, 09:07 PM
Titian didn't want to be the first to enter the house with Mishkala. There could still be some unsprung booby traps... "Uh! After you, ma'ams.." He bowed at Lucy and Lucia, while waving his arms towards the door.

Delphinus
01-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Really, Titian? Are you so lacking in masculinity that you'd send us in ahead of you? I thought you would show a little more gumption in such a situation.

Lucy hobbled in after Mishkala, pulling her cloak tighter around her to stave off the biting cold. The manor was at least dry, and even homely if you were accustomed to decaying aristocratic homes.

Evil_Cake
01-19-2012, 03:58 PM
As Lucy entered the building, Titian realized something terrible. What if there are a bunch of monsters out here, waiting for all of us but one to go inside? He spun and jumped towards the door, smacking Lucia with his backpack in the process.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Lucia headed in with the rest of the gang keeping her distance from the monster with a spider ass.

Regantor
01-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Mishkala took a moment to examine the inner doors.

Search (Trapfinding);
1d20+5=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3338247/)
"...Don't think there is anything perticularly deadly on the other side... Should be safe... for, erm?..."

She looked at each of her fellows in turn now, making her thought process pretty blantly obvious. ...Lucy?... Too damn sickly... Titian?... I don't even know who the hell he belongs to. Do they really let their males run around like that?...

"Lucia. Can you be a darling and take point, please? I know I look fearsome and all that, but..." The drider actually looked a little flustered, but if that was just acting or not was anyone's guess. "...I'm not exactly... what I was..."

Superdooperphailmachine
01-25-2012, 05:27 PM
"If you insist on being spineless"
Lucia drew her mace and opened the doors

Kodos
01-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Fortunately for Lucia, Mishkala's assessment was right and the door was not trapped.

The main hall was once quite grand, clearly, although the years of disuse had not been kind to the dust and web caked chamber. There were no horrors to be had here, although the group could hear the faint moaning and shuffling of zombies elsewhere in the manor.

There were two doors, one to the left of the group, and one in front of them. A staircase led up to an indoor balcony of sorts and several more rooms.

http://i.imgur.com/VRKJK.png
The arrow is the staircase going up. The black bits are wall. The thicker lines are doors - in case it's not clear there's one door to the left and one up in the north. The room to the south is where you came from.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Lucia headed over to the door on the left and listened for any shufflers
Listen:1d20+5=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344106/)

Kodos
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Lucia heard neither shuffling nor moaning, implying either a lack of zombies, or the world's quietest zombies.

Or that Lucia may be going deaf.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Lucia tried opening the door, but it was locked, so she kicked in.
Door smash1d20=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3344918/)

Kodos
01-26-2012, 12:28 PM
MIGHTY BOOT ENGAGED.

Lucia kicked down the door revealing a study of sorts. 15 by 30 feet, abouts, and with the walls lined with bookshelves. On the other end of the room was a desk. Everything was covered in dust and cobwebs.

Well, Mishkala knew this, because she had darkvision. But the rest of the group couldn't see shit because what little moonlight came in through the windows didn't reach this side of the house, obviously.

You guys didn't mention who's carrying a torch. Also I'll do a map when you explore more. Not gonna fight with Imgur, which is loading slowly, just over one more room.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Lucia pulled out a Sunrod, Titian had apparently gave her one on the way over, and struck it against the wall.

Regantor
01-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Mishakala didn't wait for the others before rooting through the room, but the drider showed her apprehension pretty clearly by humming a myraid little ditty. No way would she admit to them how scared she really was. That would just be too pathetic.

~A drow that can't leave the house without a nursemaid to hold her hand every step of the way.~ Inside her head, that dry little song had lyrics. ~Pathetic pathetic pathetic pathetic~...

Uneasily and with haste, she began to work through the shelves for any books involving the undead or grafting, and the desk for any stray journals or letters.

Search;
1d20+5=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346771/)
Spot;
1d20+5=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346776/)... Fumble. >_>

Evil_Cake
01-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Titian joined in the search. He looked very scared on the outside and was the same on the inside.

spot http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346824/ 23
search http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3346827/ 8

Delphinus
01-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Lucy's eyes drenched the room in a pale blue light, making her already-wan face (http://zombieslash.com/wp-content/zombie_pics/Game_of_Thrones_-_The_Others-20110630-024417.png) look newly-deceased. As she scanned the room with the others, the shadows cast on the walls seemed to assume unnatural and monstrous shapes (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Zflu-LrhNWo/TWEeNKF-lAI/AAAAAAAAA34/6c8C1w9wt8k/s1600/IMG_0573-1.JPG).

(Permanent My Light (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/myLight.htm) power)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3347412/

Spot: 14
Search: 19

Kodos
02-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Under a carpet, beneath the desk, was a trapdoor. It was solid, sturdy, metal, and most probably locked, and quite probably trapped.
WHAT DO?

Delphinus
02-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Lucy reached out with her mind and tried to open the trapdoor, probing the depths of her knowledge on traps as she did so...

Far Hand power: 1pp
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20+7=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3377660/)

Regantor
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Mishkala kept her distance from Lucy nervously, but still angled her body downwards to get a good look at the trapdoor.

Trapfinding;

10 + 5 = 15

(Also, Invisible castle is down BTW.)
Probally not the most effective way of helping, with her spidery butt half way up the wall, but eh...

Kodos
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
The trapdoor resisted Lucy's attempts at mental manipulation, clearly locked. Mishkala could not find any traps, but she wasn't very confident. Abigail kept the secret entrances to her laboratory trapped (non-lethally, of course. "Goodness, what if someone died?!"), after all.

Regantor
03-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Mishkala seemed more or less frozen in place, now basically using Lucy as cover despite the rather hopeless size difference. The drider would definitely have thought to place a trap in a place like this herself, after all, but didn't want to be seen as a gigantic coward by simply running away.

"...T-They're probably going to tell you to open it, boy..." Her face scrunched up in annoyance, before giving Titian one of the oddest looks of 'affectionate pity' going. "...But... but... don't do it!... You'll get hurt, okay?... Just cause... j-just cause you're a daft little male... it's..."

Before he could even gain eye contact, the weird sympathetic moment was instantly over, and she had stuck her nose right back up at him in favour of examining the door a little more.

...Damn it, not infront of the human women... What's wrong with you... Stupid worthless girl...

Searching for traps again;

1d20+5=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3427588/)

Kodos
03-22-2012, 11:53 PM
If it was trapped, the spiderlass wasn't finding the trap.

Evil_Cake
03-23-2012, 12:57 AM
"Eh?! Theres no way I'm opening anything that could be trapped!" The alchemist patted his pack and pockets, which made sounds of clinking glass and metals. "I'm carrying explosives... So everyone should just get the idea of me opening suspicious trapdoors out of their heads!"

Delphinus
03-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Mishkala ought open it. If it's not trapped, that's good. If it is trapped, she's strong enough to take it.

And, of course, nobody but Abigail would really care if the abomination were injured.

Regantor
03-25-2012, 02:00 PM
"...Strong enough?... Just what kind of monster do you think I am?" Mishkala was looking pretty upset about the comment. It wasn't exactly like her fleshy bits had much armour on or anything, and the spindily nature of her added limbs sort of suggested a disturbing speed and grace rather than toughness.

Crossing her arms awkwardly and huffing, she just stayed where she was and refused to move. "..."

"Well, Titian, you said you had some diddy explosives. Would you be a dear?"

Evil_Cake
03-25-2012, 03:18 PM
"You- You want to blow it open?" Titian snapped his fingers, and a liquid filled vial appeared in his gloved hand. He reached his arm out and offered the vial to Mishkala. "Just throw this... but we should probably step back... Or maybe not do this at all!"

Delphinus
03-26-2012, 11:46 AM
For the love of the Saint, hurry up.

Regantor
03-26-2012, 09:57 PM
As soon as the others had livened up enough the get out of the room, Mish threw the vial at the trap door and then quickly yanked the rest of herself back out of harms way, and slaming the room's proper door to deflect the expected wave of pressure.

It was a bit like watching a trap door spider at work, only in reverse.

Kodos
03-29-2012, 03:04 AM
Conventional Survival Horror Approach: There's got to be a key around the place somewhere, let's go looking for it!
Your Approach: 11d6+4 worth of explosive.
Oh, you guys!
The door slammed hard against Mishka, but she was able to keep standing and avoid any real damage. Some crap fell off the walls in the main hall, too. Peeking in, Mishka could see that the bomb had scorched the whole room black, incinerated all the paper and most of the wooden objects and also removed the trap door. Like. Entirely. Not even splinters.

Of course, odds are that every horrible monster in the mansion not only heard the explosion, but probably felt it, too.

Best get moving.

Delphinus
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Who wants to go first? Lucia? Mishkala? Titian and I are hardly well-equipped to deal with psychotic, shambling corpses.

Superdooperphailmachine
03-30-2012, 04:43 PM
"Shuffling corpses are hardly a threat" Lucia went on ahead, pushing past spidergirl.
Abigail was apparently pretty shit at picking people for jobs, they can't even gather documents from a mansion.

Kodos
04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
The group descended a dark stairway about 20 feet before coming to a cold, damp, stoney hallway. Presumably it was once a wine cellar or dungeon, but most likely it had last served its master as a laboratory.

There was one doorway at the end of the hall, and another off along the right wall. Ominously, both were sturdy, metal, and large enough to accommodate most Flesh Golems, at least if Abigail's own creations were any indication.

Evil_Cake
04-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Titian took a vial out of his pack, and nervously approached the door on the right. He tried opening the door while holding the vial in the other hand, like he was ready to throw it or something.

Kodos
04-12-2012, 07:59 PM
The door opened into another narrow corridor. This one had one door on the end, and one on the left. The right wall, as far as Titian could see in the torchlight, was covered with shelves containing various limbs, organs, and appendages stored in preservative jars. Some of them had clearly gone 'rotten' and were heavily decayed and rotted, while others seem to have retained their preservative fluids and were still 'fresh.'

Oh - And there was a Flesh Golem. The heavy, vaguely humanoid thing had an upper body covered in eyes and an otherwise featureless face. Its eyes were looking at Titian but it didn't seem to be attacking or anything. Maybe it wasn't 'on'?

Evil_Cake
04-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Upon seeing the Flesh Golem, Titian tossed his vial of acid at the thing, then pulled out of the room and slammed the door shut. "Oh shiiiiit..." Titian backed away from the door, realizing the mistake he just made. "Guys.. Theres a golem in here, and I might have pissed it off..."

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3466326/ = 19
damage = http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3466328/ 6 -5 = 1 damage >_>

Kodos
04-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Titian's words were a bit unnecessary - the group could hear the great lumbering thing stomping towards the door. It probably would have roared if it had a mouth.

The metal door may or may not be strong enough to keep the Flesh Golem in there - and assuming it is strong enough, the Flesh Golem may or may not be smart enough to open the door. If you intend to try and fight it, roll for initiative and include it in your post. If you don't intend to fight it and think the think is both unable to break through the iron door and unable to figure out how to work a doorknob, post as much so I know.
Either way, you can also attempt a Knowledge (Arcana) check to see if you know if Flesh Golems can open doors. Mishka gets a +5 on the check due to her relationship with Abigail and the fact she's probably had Abigail showing off lots of her creations for her.

Evil_Cake
04-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Titian knew that most flesh golems dont use doorknobs. "Maybe it can't break through..."

Delphinus
04-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Lucy's glowing eyes widened as the abomination charged the door. Come on, Lucy, come on. You've read about this somewhere, you've read about everything.

Knowledge (Arcana) Check: 1d20+15=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3467283/)

Kodos
04-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Lucy knew that only a tiny minority of Flesh Golems have the mental and physical dexterity needed to work doors, and most simply make their own entrances and exits.
As for whether or not this Flesh Golem was strong enough to break down the door... who knew? The door was iron, and it was pretty thick.

Regantor
04-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Mish's heavily silhouetted face simply had a look of apathy on it, as if disapproving of the group giving the male explosives in the first place. For some reason she didn't choose to scold them, through, and sunk further into the darkness of the elongated corridor, adding a peep no more than "Those doors were probably supposed to keep that thing inside, but..."

Indeed, being a ball of contorted limbs made one's mind disregard her shadow automatically. The brain just wasn't designed to pick up something so... ignorant to the laws of nature.

Leaving the group behind, she swiftly crept ahead, and checked to see if the door at the far end of the hallway was either locked or trapped.

Move Silently;
1d20+16=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3470099/)

Trapfinding;
1d20+5=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3470106/)

Open Lock (If locked);
1d20+6=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3470104/)

Kodos
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
The thing was smashing against the door, leaving a few indents here and there, but for now the door seemed to be holding.

***

The door did not seem to be locked, and Mishky found no traps. Which of course simply meant Mishky found no traps.

Then again, with giant flesh golems stomping around, did you need traps?

Regantor
04-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Breathing in deeply, Mishka then briskly opened the door with her more gnarled hand, and cautiously veiwed what was on the other side.

Kodos
04-18-2012, 10:36 PM
The doorway led to a large office/study of sorts. There were numerous bookshelves along the walls, lined with books on anatomy, fleshcraft, and a bit on alchemy and necromancy. There was also a desk with many papers and a jar or two with organs on it. In the corner of the room was the corpse of the late Lord Burnside, apparently the poor fellow had starved to death down here while his house lay besieged by the Undead.

Oh, and there was a Flesh Golem. A more lithe, human-like, one that called to mind some of Mishka's finer creations. On the bright side, it wasn't attacking, although it was looking right at Mishka. Also on the bright side, Burnside's corpse wasn't trying to eat her.

Regantor
04-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Mishka kept a close eye on the thing, but couldn't help but feel a little empathy mixed in with the self-disgust that observing the patchwork being brought to mind. It made her grafted arm ache, even after all the effort that Abigail had put into enlightening her.

"...You're not going to attack me just for having a little look-see, are you?..." She gave it a hoarse, weary sigh, without really expecting a response.

Going through the paperwork was immensely rushed buisness, with half of her attentions constantly on the room's other occupant. She was certainly cafeful not to touch anything unless it could definatively be of use to her beloved, of course...

Searching (For any letters, documents or books useful to Abigail);
1d20+5=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3475863/)
Spot (Keeping an eye out for other threats);
1d20+5=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3475867/)

Kodos
04-18-2012, 11:18 PM
The Flesh Golem just watched Mishka in silence. Apparently whatever its last instructions were, she hadn't done anything to trigger a violent response from it.

Mishka found some books and notes that looked like they might be useful for Abby's work. The Flesh Golem didn't seem to mind her taking them, and just continued to watch her.

Then there came a hollow, echoing, voice. "Oi! What's all this then!?" Came the literally ghostly voice. "Who're you!? Why're you touching my stuff!? Who're you?! What're you?!

The room felt colder. It's a g-g-g-g-g-g-phantom!

Evil_Cake
04-19-2012, 01:33 AM
"WAH!" Titian actually jumped up in the air when the spooky voice echoed through the study. He landed on his feet, thankfully, and backed up against a wall. Then he spoke, while his eyes frantically stared for any signs of movement, "Are y-you... Lord Burnside?? Uh- Uhh.. how are you doing today??!"

Regantor
04-19-2012, 01:43 PM
The second the strange voice began to bellow, Mishka reflexively bolted up the side of a bookshelf and managed quite effectively to squash herself into the shade of the ceiling.

"...M-m-m-mister Burnside?..." It took her a moment to put two and two togeather, alrough her voice was as sweet and polite as it had been when she first met the other humans. "...I'm sorry sir, for intruding... but... Is it really you?... Were you the man in contact with Mister Godwin, by any chance?... His daughter Abigail... She s-s-sent us..."

Kodos
04-20-2012, 02:26 PM
"Oh, you know. Starved to death a few years ago. Trapped between lives as a ghost, living every second of my un-life in agony the likes of which you could not begin to imagine. Feeling my grip of sanity slip daily as the pain becomes more and more unbearable, somehow.
I'm dead! And a ghost! How the fuck do you think I am you right stupid bastard!"

The voice sounded closer to Mishka now. "Oi, and what in the Nine Hells are you supposed to be?"

Regantor
04-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Mishka shuddered a little bit with panic and let out an uncombfertable squeek as she crammed her spindily bulk even flatter against the baroque upper coving. Both hands came to her mouth, and her crimson wings wound tightly around her shoulders.

"...I-I-I... P-Please don't..." The drider stuttered uncontrollably, then gulped deeply before continuing. "I-I-I'm Abigail Godwin's handywork... You k-know her don't you?..."

What could they do against a monster they couldn't even see? One that should have been dead already? The only solution the drider could think of was to keep namedropping mister Godwin until it stuck. The dead had to remember something of their lives, surely...

Kodos
04-23-2012, 03:41 AM
At Mishka's words, the ghost materialized a few feet away from her, the spectral being resembling a wispy, semi-transparent, and ethereal version of the late Lord Burnside.

The ghost moved about Mishka, not touching her, but examining her grafted wings and arm. "Abigail did this? Godwin's little girl?" The ghost sounded incredulous, before muttering to itself "Gods but she's good."

The ghost went on, it's voice less grumpy, and more mournful now. "Is she well? She is a lovely girl. How is her father? The pigheaded dolts from the churches haven't been bothering them, I hope?"

Regantor
04-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Mishkala continued to hide behind her wings, not quite wanting to look at the disturbing, ethereal character, but not quite able to avert her eyes either. "I-I-I'm afraid that he has passed away also, Mister Burnside. It was quite a few years ago now, before I met Abigail... and h-he doesn't seem to be q-quite as active as you are, either..."

The papers she had taken from the desk raised up in her hands, to make a show of the fact she wasn't trying to decive him. "...But she is not lonely with this kind of knowlage, at least... It might not be technically correct to call the place 'alive', but it's close enough, these days..."

"...I'm sorry, did you want me to put them back? We are a-awfu-.... We are a-awfully s-sorry about intruding, also, sir..."

Kodos
05-02-2012, 08:46 PM
"That's a pity. He was a good man, and a good friend." The ghost said, wistfully. "I trust he rests well? His soul, anyway." The ghost resumed fawning over Abigail's work. "Can you move it much? How are the sensations? Does she have to replace it periodically, or is it permanent?"

Regantor
05-08-2012, 11:49 PM
"I haven't seen him, so I guess-" Mishka was doing her best to speak politely, but was interrupted by the enthusiastic bumbling of the old ghost. Well, ghost of an old person. Did that still count?...

Through still uneasy and holding her left hand to her face, the drider still meekly held out her crimson-plated right arm to show it to the mansion's owner. "It aches some times. P-Pretty bad... But I guess that's... good, right?... The sweetheart hasn't had to take it off again...and... I-I think the w-wings had something to do with soaking more... ah... outsider-ness?... i-into the blood..."

"B-but r-r-really, we d-don't mean to kick up a fuss... Is t-there anything you want in return for the p-papers, my good s-sir?..." Just speaking up over the spectre clearly terrified her, but if she was struggling to be polite just for Abigail, or if it was purely a defence reaction, was unclear.

One thing was certainly of note; The arachnid wench had managed not to mention Mr.Burnside's male-ness at all...

Kodos
05-11-2012, 01:30 AM
"Yeah, there kind of is." The ghost vanished and re-materialized by his corpse. "You lot will give me a proper burial or I'll kill you all." He sighed and shrugged. "Well, you look kind of tough, so I guess I'll just haunt you for the rest of your lives and make sure you never enjoy a moments worse. Which is, I think, worse. I'm dead. I've nothing else to do." The ghost shrugged again. "Do tell Abigail I said hi. She's a nice young girl, you know. You lot best not be planning on ripping her off or anything."

Evil_Cake
05-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Titian raised a slightly trembling finger to the ghost and asked, "Uhm- Ah.. Is there a... certain place you want to be buried?"

Kodos
05-12-2012, 02:06 AM
"In a graveyard you tosser!"

What a nice former man.

Regantor
05-13-2012, 11:56 PM
Mishka's skin crawled, no pun intended. She was okay with touching dead body parts, since she helped Abigail out all the time and all, but there was something of an extra disturbing layer attached to draging around a person's corpse whilst they watched you do it...

"D-Do you have a c-c-coffin or something we can put your... ah... b-b-bits i-in?" The drider stuttered uncontrollably, trying and failing miserably to act warm towards the dead man. "Honestly, s-sir, I owe my Abigial everything, s-so you don't have to worry about that... I'd d-do anything to accomidate a f-freind of hers..."

Kodos
05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
"Your Abigail?" The Ghost asked confusedly before getting angry again. "Of course I don't have a coffin you tosser. I wasn't planning on starving to death in my lab while hiding from zombies! Get me one!"

Delphinus
05-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Lucy butted in with her disjointed voice, being uncharacteristically democratic. She was also a lot calmer than the rest of the party, though that was probably because she spoke in a monotone and you couldn't see her face.

"Come now, Lord Burnside. Be reasonable. It's terrible that you've died without the correct rites, but you needn't take out your frustration on us. We only want to help you to find peace."

Miska felt the same voice invade her head and make petulant demands. For the love of the Saint, you're useless! Pick up his corpse and get on with it.

Kodos
05-17-2012, 08:15 PM
"Reasonable? Reasonable!? I'm dead you right stupid bitch! I'm dead and stuck here! You can't imagine what it's like! Every second is agony! You have no idea how hard it is right now just talking to you idiots! Bury me already! Set things right!" The ghost was screaming at the top of its lung-analogues no. "Hurry the fuck up!"

Superdooperphailmachine
05-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Lucia went and threw the body over her shoulders. The idiot crew she was with obviously couldn't handle burying a dead guy.
"Do you want to help pick a nice spot or should I just throw you in the nearest ditch?"

Kodos
05-22-2012, 04:44 AM
"Why don't you get me to a proper graveyard first before you start getting catty you bothersome twit!" The ghost began following Lucia. "Oi! Careful with my body! It needs to be buried in one piece! And you, spidergirl! Abigail can have anything of mine she wants. I have no fucking use for it anymore. I'm dead. In case you haven't noticed."

Regantor
05-23-2012, 12:01 AM
"...I-I thought you m-m-might have a... c-c-coffin b-because..." Mishkala tried to correct herself whilst being yelled at by the deathly thing, nerves in tatters. "...all of t-the... d-d-d-dead..."

Finally, her meddle just completely broke, and the drider bolted underneath the overloaded desk in panic. To her credit, she actually squashed in well, and left only a gleaming pair of red eyes peeping out from the shade.

Only after they had exited the room completely did she nervously poke her head out again, then rapidly begin to gather up every book and usefull-looking peice of parchment she could find, all the while muttering and whimpering under her breath.

Kodos
06-03-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm skipping the Zombie fights, because hordes of Zombies by themselves are literally just time wasters for characters of your level. They're only challenging for you when coupled with other monsters or in cramped places. And outdoors in a town have neither. I'll give you some fun random encounters on the way back, methinks.

The trip to the graveyard was full of zombie smashing and lots of complaining from Mr. Burnside, but otherwise uneventful.

Perhaps amusingly, unlike most graveyards in Umbralume, there weren't very many Undead in this one. They all probably left to eat the villagers.

"Well! Get on with it! Bury me! You, priestess, get on with it! I want to fucking die already."

Superdooperphailmachine
06-03-2012, 01:26 PM
"Be quiet you ungrateful old man." Lucia threw the body down and pointed out a little spot for Mishka to dig.
"Monster, dig a hole."

Regantor
06-03-2012, 04:38 PM
"...I... I don't have a shovel..." Mishka replied meekly. It seemed as if she was still trying to give sass, but with her nerves completely in tatters by now, any element of a brave face was lost.

A few seconds latter, she simply grabbed dislodged plank from a nearby decaying fence, and used that to begin digging instead. It was not exactly effective, least of all because the woman-thing hadn't had the initiative to dig a hole since she was a child.

The work was exerted, at least, but it was hard to tell if she was still trying to befriend them, or if the drider was simply afraid of being left alone out there in the middle of nowhere.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2012, 03:44 PM
After an hour of fighting zombies and digging, Burnside's grave was dug and ready.
Lucia said a prayer and dumped the grumpy old man's body in the hole.

Delphinus
06-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Lucy had stood to one side and let Mishka do the heavy work for the past hour. She'd also retrieved a book apparently entitled The Bumper Fun Book of Demonology from her bag, and sat on a nearby gravestone reading it. If there was one thing to be said about having light shine out of your eyes, it made reading in the dark a lot easier. When she saw that the crime against nature had finished digging, she stuffed the book inside her cloak and walked over to inspect the grave. She didn't bother to acknowledge Mishka, although the thing was obviously exhausted by now.

"Can't you remember any proper burial rites, Lucia?" said the voice enamating from behind Lucy's head. "Lord Burnside will be thrilled, I'm sure, to discover his corpse underground and his spirit stuck here."

She half-heartedly threw a handful of dirt onto Burnside's body and attempted to remember the correct rites.

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20+15=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3558181/)

Kodos
06-10-2012, 08:11 AM
The prayer and burial seemed to 'take' since the ghost of Mr. Burnside said only two words as he began to fade - "Thank you." But it was the most heartfelt, joyous, and sincere two words anyone in the group had ever heard.

Grumpy ghost: Gone.
Burnside's Papers: Get.

Time to head back to Abigail.

***

Despite the groups best efforts, the burial had taken too long, and they found themselves exposed and out in the wilderness during True Night*

The group could see shadows moving on the edges of the scant light their torches provides. At first they convinced themselves it was nothing. Then it kept happening. And Mishka, in spite of her Darkvision, could see nothing that could be providing the shadows.

Then the laughter started.

***

You are surrounded by incessant cackling. (http://i.imgur.com/wV0DF.png)

INITIATIVE
Lucia (11)
Lucy (10)
Titian (4)
Mshka (?)
I can't find Mishka's sheet. Reg, roll when you ar eonline and send me her sheet. Assume she delays her turn this round anyway.
Map coming later tonight.
*In case you forgot, True Night is the time of 'day' in Umbralume when the moon is not overhead and it is literally and utterly pitch black.

Delphinus
06-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Out of turn order, but since knowledge checks and talking are instant...

Lucy remembered reading about something like this. It had interested her enough to conjure up apparent copies of the creatures and see how the servants reacted to them; they had reacted with complete terror, and she'd only been able to keep them in place by reminding them of the debts they owed her family. She could see why now.

They're shadows. Undead things, like ghosts but worse. For the Saint's sake, don't let them touch you.

Knowledge (Religion) Check to identify: 1d20+15=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3559067/)
Knowledge (Religion) Check for knowledge: 1d20+15=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3559068/)

Superdooperphailmachine
06-10-2012, 10:31 AM
"Ignore them, you can't really fight these things in the dark."
Lucia prepared a holy symbol, just incase they got too close, and kept walking.
Lucia prepares an action.

Delphinus
06-10-2012, 11:05 AM
They're going to come at us anyway. If we don't get rid of these ones, they'll just invite others along to taste our corpses.

Lucy focused on Lucia's torch and let her anger, always somewhere under the surface, bubble up and fill her mind. stupid common bitch deserves to get burned like that freak of nature and the idiot alchemist and my father and his holier-than-thou priest they can all just B̛̎̀̐́̇̌҉̺͚͚͖̹̺̲̠͞U̟̱͚͕̯̔́̔ͩͭ̏͛͘R̳̟̼͎͗̑̓N͖͎̹̒͂ͪͭ͘͠ ͅ

The tip of Lucia's torch exploded into a pillar of flame as tall as a person. At least they could see the shadows now.

Control Flame (Augmented 3, tiny to medium) - the end of Lucia's torch is blazing about as brightly as a forge.
121/128PP remains

Regantor
06-11-2012, 10:11 PM
The frail arachnid-thing was still exhausted from digging, and had wrapped herself up within her crimson wings to avoid the biting cold of the true night. There weren't many other words for it; She was cowering. Even before Lucy had invigorated the torch, something had been moving before her inhuman eyes. Something which terrified her, but held her unable to look away.

Mishka gripped her formerly lost arm tightly at the shoulder as if petrified of having it removed once more. "...I don't w.... w-why can't we jus...." The voice was a lost, shallow thing. "...Abigial... help me...."

"...There are e-eight... eight shadows (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3561296/)... n-n-no bodies..."

Evil_Cake
06-11-2012, 11:24 PM
Titian reached into his pack and pulled out a stoppered flask. Instead of throwing it this time, he pulled out the cork with his teeth, spat that out, and chugged the liquid inside. "Ah.. it-its not working??" As he spoke, smoke started puffing out of his mouth. "Oh gods..." He seemed like he was about to throw up, "Uhhg.. it is working!!" More smoke rolled out of his mouth when he opened it.

consumes elixir of fire breath

Kodos
06-24-2012, 06:00 PM
So that was technically a surprise round. The Shadows were caught off guard since most people aren't able to do that. Now is the actual combat round. The Shadows rolled 8 so here is the new initiative.
Lucia (11)
Lucy (10)
Shadows (8)
Titian (4)
Mshka (?)
I can't find Mishka's sheet and can't find in the conversation log where you told me her init Reg. :( But given that she's the light source at the moment, she's probably going to want to wait for the others to move first I imagine.
The little L is Lucy.
The range of visibility is a 60 foot circle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/area-effect-diagrams) radiating from Mishka's torch. I'd rule that it is bright enough that as long as Mishka is holding the torch she takes a -1 penalty on attack rolls and to AC and to anything else that relies on sight. She is strong enough that she could shove it in the ground without risk of it tipping over and starting a fire, and the Shadows themselves have no means to move physical objects.
http://i.imgur.com/gXcXR.png

Superdooperphailmachine
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
"Fuck!"
Lucia stabbed the torch into the soil, held up a hand and blasted a beam of brilliant light towards a shadow, destroying it.
Weirdo could have warned her.

Searing Light: 10d6=47 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3582530/)
http://i.imgur.com/IX8xE.png
Kodos had a Brainfart, Lucia is holding the embiggened torch not Mshka

Regantor
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Mishkala quaked and trembled, sticking low to the dirt and muttering to herself pathetically. She knew what the apparitions were. If her high-level education hadn't taught her that, Abigal certainly did... But that still didn't mean that she had any way of harming them. Physical attacks would not work, even using her infernal arm. Using her innate magic to try and put them to sleep was equally useless against members of the undead. There was nothing on her back but her rapier and some lockpicks.

"...Y-y-you gotta use magic... t-to h-harm them..." The scraggily thing sputtered out, completely unsure of her acquaintances' experience on the matter, but desperate not to appear entirely useless. "...Trees... No g-good... They can f-f-fly and..."

Forcing herself to lumber slightly forward, she cringed and cast a weak glowing ray upon one group ahead, causing a hazy candle-like glow to hang over the place where a sane creature's body would have been. Not harmful, but perhaps a deterrent at least?...

(I rolled a 26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3580579/) for initiative, so I'll just go now.)

Mishkala cast Faerie Fire on the two shadows that are now colored orange. Basically this just stops them from hiding or using concealment. Probably reduces night fighting penalties for the others, aswell?
http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/IX8xE.png

Delphinus
06-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Oh, Saint help me...

Lucy moved towards Lucia with an unexpected turn of speed. Maybe someone with some sort of physical prowess would be more helpful as a human shield, if it came to that, than the other frailer members of the group.

She did some quick calculations in her head. If their energy fields are mostly negative energy, then they ought to be destroyed or neutralised by a decent amount of non-negative energy. I can produce varying amounts of energy, but the largely random difference between the amount I assign to each attack and the amount delivered to the Shadow means that I need to put around twice as much energy in as is strictly required to overload their energy fields. While neither the amount I put in nor the amount to destroy them is strictly quantifiable, I can make a rough estimate based on their approximate size and my subjective experience of my energy output.

Of course, the group didn't see that; all they saw was Lucy slowly raise her right hand and blast one of the shadows nearest her with a ray of pale blue light, destroying it instantly.

Energy Bolt (Cold, Augmented 3): 8d6+8=44 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3584948/)
113/128pp remains

http://i49.tinypic.com/2hs2oib.png

Evil_Cake
06-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Titian barfed a burst of flame out of his mouth, which flew towards one of the shadows. The shadow got smacked in the... well it got smacked in it's shadowyness.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3588850/ damage roll = 18
shadow reflex save http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3587188/ 10 (needs 13)

bottom left shadow has 18 hp left

Kodos
07-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Two of the shadowy things drifted towards Titian, reaching out to grasp him with their life-sapping touch. one (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3598357/) succeeded, although Titian managed to dodge the other.

The northern Shadow reached out and touched (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3598361/) Lucia, sapping her of strength, while the other cackling apparitions drifted ominously towards Mishkala.

You are still surrounded by cackling.

http://i.imgur.com/YeV0N.png
Titian takes 1 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3598359/) point of Strength damage!
Lucia takes 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3598364/) points of Strength damage!

Regantor
07-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Mishkala realized that Lucy and Lucia were much too close to being surrounded, and tried to assist by moving directly at the two shadows approaching to the west. Eyes closed, she shrieked and simply swung her clawed arm outward, completely uncertain if the infernal nature of it would allow the attack to connect or not...

Claw attack on the one directly west;
1d20+8=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3602080/)
(Crit?)
1d20+8=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3602082/)
(Nope.)

Damage roll;
1d3+6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3602094/)
(7 HP damage.)

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/YeV0N.png

Gouging out a small chunk of the shadow and carrying it away like embers, Mish's unholy hand did a bit of damage, but not much.

Superdooperphailmachine
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Lucia fired off another beam of light, destroying the shadow in front of her.

Searing light: url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3602785/]10d6=39[/url]

Delphinus
07-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Lucy moved around Lucia, judged the angle between her and two Shadows, and fired off another freezing ray. To her complete lack of surprise, both shadows exploded.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2cxao2e.png

Kodos
09-07-2012, 01:22 PM
The two remaining Shadows tried to grasp at Mishka but failed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3685925/), the Drider being too quick on her feet for them.

You are still surrounded by cackling.

Delphinus
09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Lucy glared across the area at Mishka. The drider was directly between her and the remaining shadows.

By the Saint, move out the way!

Lucy delays turn until after Mishka's.

Regantor
09-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Still frantically lashing out again and again with her demonic claw, Mishkala heard Lucy loud and clear, but was too paniced by the entire situation to jump away immediately. Through her facualties were still vaguely about her, all eight legs were a shambling mess.

Claw attack on the one directly North;
1d20+8=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3704884/)

Damage inflicted;
1d3+6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3704888/)
She managed to gouge out another small peice, and the shadow shreiked in severe annoyance, yet it still did not hold the killing blow the drider so desperately desired.

In full hysteria now, Mishka then just simply shambled and dragged herself out of the way as fast as she could, bearing the brunt of her enemies' strikes and simply praying it would be over as quickly as possible...

Shadows both get attacks of opertunity;
1d20+3=19, 1d20+3=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3704895/)
It was only by a hair's bredth, but somehow, the fearful woman-thing just about managed to stumble out of harm's way unscathed.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/YeV0N.png

Delphinus
09-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Lucy blasted two of the remaining shadows with a withering bolt of cold, utterly destroying them. It would have been a lot easier if the incompetent Drider hadn't been there in the first place, but at least she'd obeyed.

Thank you. Please try not to get between me and my targets in future.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2zi3qyf.png

Energy Bolt (Cold, Augmented 3): 8d6+8=32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3706993/)
PP: 105/128

Superdooperphailmachine
09-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Lucia blasted the last shadow apart then recovered the torch, guess they could head on back now.

The cackling fades away.

Regantor
10-19-2012, 10:16 PM
The continued march back towards Abigail's abode was cold and unrelenting.

Every once and a while an abominable ball of wiry black limbs would creep up at the corner of Titian's vision, but then disappear back into the night the minute he turned his head. He could tell it was Mishkala by the soft, worried little murmurs she emanated, but her tangled footsteps were absolutely silent and impossible to track. Sometimes she even managed to sneak right up to his side, close enough to whisper in his ear, before suddenly vanishing again. The brain was designed to pick out human shapes, not... that...

If she wanted to ask him about something, or if she wanted to peel the flesh from his bones, it was unclear. All that could be said for certain is that it's fuss increased in pitch and urgency the longer he left it alone...

Evil_Cake
10-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Titian tried to just walk faster to get away from the scary Drider lady. When that didn't work, he took off in a sprint, but almost immediately tripped over something and slammed the ground. Luckily, nothing in his bag exploded, since his face took all the damage.

When this happened, he lost all hope of escape and surrendered to his fate. He turned towards Mishka, on his knees, and whined, "PLEASE! D-don't wrap me up and suck out my organs! Just kill me now!!"

Regantor
10-23-2012, 09:07 AM
The arachnid-thing was already directly behind him as he fell, and was quick to muffle his pleading with both of her hands. One was soft as silk and the other was literally a talon spawned from the abyss. It's eyes did not look at him, instead staring at the other females to insure they did not catch on to all the commotion.

"...male... What kind of potions can you make?" She whispered. "Can you make the polymorph kind?..."

Evil_Cake
10-23-2012, 09:10 PM
"Can I make-? Yes! I can make those! I make them all the time!"

Regantor
10-23-2012, 10:28 PM
"...N-n-not so loud, male, please..." The woman-thing looked even more awkward, and was gazing at the other two women even harder now. She sounded angry, embarressed and cooing all rolled into one, resulting in an awkward but hopeful rasp. "Will... will they work on... you know... and how long will they last?..."

"...I... I don't have any money but... I'll protect you from those two, huh?" Inhuman eyes glinted in the dark as she dragged him slightly closer, yanking his feet under below her strange ungainly body with her back legs. The expression on her face made it seem like she hadn't quite decided if she was trying to inspire fear or attraction herself. Maybe she figured they were both the same to a lowly male? "You'd like a smart, fearsome female taking care of you, wouldn't you?..."

Through those pouting lips, the glint of fangs...

Evil_Cake
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Titian pulled some sorta bag out of his bigger bag, and held it in front of him like it was some sort of shield. He looked everywhere but at Mishkala. "I-I could maybe make some that last... twenty- no! Twenty two minutes..." Suddenly, a bit of curiosity sneaked in with the fear, and he whispered, "What do you need them for??"

Regantor
10-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Mishkala's wings twitched with agitation, and her face revereted to looking completely stoic. "T-t-twenty minutes is... enough... I guess... thank you..."

Then, after a moment of consideration, she gave him a harsh look. The myriad legs squirmed uncombfertably. "T-t-they are for... T-they are for n-nothing, okay?..."

Evil_Cake
11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
"I'll some for you when we get back..." Titian stood up and brushed off his clothes. "Next time you want to know something.. please don't sneak around behind me, okay?" Though after a moment, he realized a drow coming straight at him might be just as terrifying.

Regantor
11-02-2012, 07:36 PM
"T-thank you..." The drider responded simply. She didn't smile, but a little shake of her wings suggested she was pretty pleased about him agreeing. "Only... Don't tell the others, please... Okay?..."

Even whilst Mishkala was still talking, she seemed to sheepishly back off and then quickly bolt away, vanishing back into the dark.

Kodos
12-22-2012, 09:45 PM
The group made it back to Abigail's without much in the way of further incident. Zombies were slow and easily dealt with or avoided in small numbers, after all.

***

Naturally, Abigail greeted everyone with a hug and a chaste kiss. Except for Mishky, of course, who got a tight hug and a rather passionate kiss.

"You're back! I was so worried about all of you! Did you get his notes? Was there much trouble?" She was going a mile a minute, eyes and smile full of excitement. "Oh, wow, I'm so glad you're all back and okay!"

Regantor
12-22-2012, 11:10 PM
Mishkala was positively glued to Abigail from the moment they got back, even childishly refusing to let go and being dragged along whilst the bubbly stitcher greeter the others. She might have weighed about as much as a dust mote, but those flappy excited wings and floppy legs and unholy talons and stuff kinda did get in the way.

"I'm-sorry-we-took-so-long-and-I-really-really-missed-you-and-" The drider let off a rapid, hoarse whisper as she did so, at least until the point where she ran out of breath. "...W-w-we got everything... Lord Burnside even sent his best wishes... Well... his, erm... ghost did..."

From her satchel (some might have called it a saddlebag), she immediately fetched the thick wad of books and dusty papers that she had scooped up from the man's office, and then placed them directly into Abigail's hands, all somehow without managing to let go of the woman at all.

Evil_Cake
12-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Titian would have been crying tears of joy for their safe return, if Abigail's place didn't freak him out nearly as much as the outdoors did.

Kodos
12-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Abby was ecstatic. "Oh my gods, that's fantastic! I was really worried it might have already been looted, or burned in an accidental fire during the commotion!" She held the stack of papers and books close to her chest, grinning widely. "So, I'll have some money for you tomorrow. More work, too, probably." She said, still going a mile a minute. "My home is your home. Please be comfortable."

***

It wasn't that hard to get comfortable. It was, after all, a very large and very nice mansion, and since Abigail lived alone with Mishkala, there was a lot of empty bedrooms. Despite the disuse, most of the place was in good and clean condition, probably kept that way by Mishkala or, more likely, by Abigail's creations.

The group didn't see much of Abigail. She had disappeared into her laboratory in the sub-basement and barely came out except for eating and sleeping, the latter of which she wasn't doing much. During her nights with Mishkala she'd go on endlessly about what she was working on, although most of it flew over the Drider's pretty head.

Somehow she'd found the time to send a Flesh Golem to the party with a note around it's neck and 1,000 gold coins for each of them. "Busy with work. Sorry. Lots of love and kisses. Will have more work probably in a few days?"

Lucy apparently wasn't sticking around to find out having to put her own affairs in order, and left for her own mansion on the 'morning' of the third day, after she'd been paid.

Regantor
12-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Every single day, Titian found breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and a hearty dinner mysteriously appearing within his room, right on schedule. Always piping hot, always looking and tasting a little too good to be true. The floor, the furniture and the sheets were always spotless. His pants continuously had the feeling of being newly cleaned and pressed.

Only every once and a while, did he spot the slender tip of a stringy black leg fleeing into one of the mansion's many servant passages.

The only communication that the spider-thing ever left behind was a little card note aside his dinner that read "Please do your best."

///

Mishkala was a little disappointed that Abigail was so distracted, but cared for the woman relentlessly none the less. Meals seemed uncharacteristically late at times, as if she was preoccupied with something, but the dutiful monster still poured plenty of care and attention onto the master of the house whenever she was around.

Whisking the slumbering stitcher from her workbench up to bed had become a common occurrence, too. A kiss to the forehead was always used to wake her when the pseudo-morning came again, regardless.

///

Three days past.

Titian awoke not to the sight of an eerily vacant room, but instead a giant granite and crimson coloured spider-demon-woman-chimera standing at the foot of his bed.

"How is it?... Is it done, cute one?... It is, isn't it?..." Her red eyes gazed at him unflinchingly, adding back in all of the intimidation that her soft, cooing voice took out of the equation. "I'm sorry, but I am quite, quite anxious..."

Evil_Cake
12-25-2012, 12:54 AM
After Titian realized what he was looking at, he instinctively freaked out and fell out of his bed. After realizing who he was looking at, he calmed down, but only a little bit. "Oh gods, it's you," he sighed, "The.. The potion is almost complete... And I think it will turn out well but..." He stared over at Mishkala for a moment, before averting his gaze again.

"There's one more ingredient that I need, to make sure it works..." he started biting his nails, "I need a bit of your.. Your- your blood..."

Regantor
12-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Titian's apparent fright made the creature duck back down to the foot of the bed, with a slightly disheartened look gaining a hold on it's doll-like face. The move was probally supposed to calm him down, but instead just made it harder for him to see where the ungainly creature's limbs were wandering. As yet, it had still not managed to blink, either.

"...Good. This is good.... Good.... I... I-I can d-do that..." Even when the drider's raspy voice became higher pitched and excited, it still somehow managed to remain a hollow whisper, just on the edge of hearing. "...Were?... How much?... This isn't just because you want some for yourself, is it, darling?... Alrough I... I guess that I would be okay with that t-too... s-since you're helping m-me... and... and... all..."

A desperate, fanged smile.

Evil_Cake
12-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Titian walked pass the drider lady, over to his handy haversack which was at the base of the bed. He reached in and pulled out two vials. "Here... Two of these should be enough." He held them out to Mishkala for a second until jerking them back suddenly. "Actually, just one should do!" He put one back and offered the remainder again.

Regantor
12-25-2012, 07:00 PM
The spider-thing just carefully raised the vial out of his hand, examined it, and then quickly dissapeared back into the depths of the servant passage without saying anything.

Re-appearing a good hour later, she had a massive bandage on her 'good' arm, and the filled vial in hand.

"...It's... It's not as bad as it... l-looks..." It looked meek, staring out behind a tuft of white hair. "...Just... Just... don't want to loose my last.... my real..."

"...Is it good?... Is... Is the s-sample okay?..."

Evil_Cake
12-26-2012, 12:34 AM
"This will be perfect!.. I think... Yes it should be good!" Titian took the vial and stashed it in a pocket. "It might take a few hours to put it all together... I'll find you when it's done!" He picked his pack up off the floor and slung it over his shoulder. "Oh, and please.. uhm.. stay away from me while I'm working... Distractions are no good."


A while later, a scary Drow man walked out of the lab, wearing an apron stained by many experiments. Suddenly the Drow turned into Titian. He licked his teeth and smiled to himself, "I guess it works!" though he wasn't one hundred percent sure if it would work on a drider or not.

Anyways, he started searching for Mishkala, though he figured she would be the one to find him...

Regantor
12-27-2012, 12:45 AM
"Y-you should make more of it for yourself! T-that was a-a-adorable!"

The raspy whisper came from... above?

Mishkala either lied about not watching him, or had been hanging on the wall above the doorway waiting for him to finish the entire time. All those extra limbs seemed to fill the entire alchove and give it the appearance of being overgrown by hairy black vines.

"...Does... It work properly, darling?... Is it safe?..." Her face wasn't really visable, but you could tell that she was happy by those highly reflective red eyes beaming down. "...y....y-you know this makes y-y-you, like... smart, and... are you s-sure that you aren't.... Titian, are you... really a girl?..."

Evil_Cake
12-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Titian's eyes were bulging out of his head as he stared up. "Uh- Ah..." He started scooting his feet across the room, trying to get out from under the spider. His eyes kept zipping between her legs, just in case of any sudden movements.. " It- It should work just fine! I'm pretty sure it will work just fine!!"

When he got out from under the drider, he took a liquid-filled flask out from his apron pocket, and placed the potion on the ground. Then, he started backing away from the concoction. He took a few nervous bows and pointed his hands toward the flask on the ground. " There it is! It should work, and last for at least twenty minutes! Probably a little bit longer!"

Regantor
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
The thing lowered down slowly, a weightless black shape. Only when she came into the light could Titian see that she was holding her face, blushing...

Perhaps he should not act so fearful next time.

"You are such a good male, Titian." She smiled, picking up the potion carefully, and holding it to her chest. "I owe you more than just protection for this. Really. Please do not be too intimidated to ask me a favour, darling..."

"Just not tonight."

And then she was gone.

///

Abigail was awoken to the smell of wine and perfume. And a full-bodied Drow, laying upon the sheets next to her.

///

Kodos
01-05-2013, 08:28 PM
It took a few moments for Abigail to fully accept that she wasn't having one of her more pleasant recurring dreams.

***

Abby was, by Drow standards, clumsy, inflexible, awkward, and a generally terrible lay. She didn't even know the Congress of Eight Spiders, for Lolth's sake!

Of course, she also was madly, deeply, and totally in love with Mishkala. And Mishkala for her.
And that made it wonderful.
And for the first time in a long time, Mishkala felt beautiful.

***

Abigail held Mishkala, kissing and caressing her even after the potion had worn off. She didn't say anything, neither did she need to.

***

Shortly after Mishkala had fallen asleep, Titian was woken by a knocking on his door. Most people in Umbralume learned to sleep lightly, or sleep forever. "Titian? It's Abby. May I, may I come in?"

Evil_Cake
01-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Titian slept in his clothes, even his shoes. The only part of his usual attire left out was his apron. He got up and scooted out of bed, then answered Abigail's call. "Uh- er- Sure. Is there a problem?" Luckily, he had a bomb kept in his Glove of Storing, just in case Abby actually turned out to be a monster or something.

Kodos
01-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Abigail embraced Titian the moment he let her in, tears of joy streaming down her pretty face as she held him tightly. "Gods, thank you, Titian, thank you." She held him tight and close. "What you did for my Mishka, I can't, I can't thank you enough." She sniffled, smiling at him. "I know she can be... difficult. Especially since you are a man, but I know she, and me, I, that is, we're thankful. She'll probably never say it, but she is. And I am. I mean, it wasn't just the sex. You have no idea what it means to her, to me too, that she could feel beautiful again. Even if for so short and precious a time." She kissed him on the forehead, smiling. "You are always welcome here, Titian. Always."

Evil_Cake
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Getting hugged freaked Titian out just a little bit less than getting attacked by undead. His whole body tensed up, but at least he didn't try to break free. "Please, don't thank me too much.. I- The main reason I did it was for research..." (And to give Mishka a good reason not to eat him, but he didn't say that out loud.) "I... I am happy that it did some good though.. of course.."

Kodos
01-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Abigail just laughed, kissed Titian on the forehead again and was off, back to her laboratories for her work.

***

For several more days she continued her frenzied work schedule, although now she took the time to make sure she at least cooked something up for Titian to eat, but otherwise spent most of her time working until she passed out.

***

When her work was finally finished, Mishkala was the first to know. The announcement came in the middle of True Night, while Mishkala was asleep, and Abigail had been working for going on 48 hours straight.

"Mishky, Mishky, wake up! It's done! I finished it! It works! I think! Come look! Come on! Wake up!" Abigail always got like this whenever she had a breakthrough. Full of enough life and energy that she could probably repel the Undead. Of course, her cheeriness and excitability was made a little more grim by the fact her apron, gloves, and most of her was covered in gore and bits of strange alchemical substances.

Down in the lab, Mishkala saw Abigail's newest creation. It was a relatively slender and Human-proportioned thing, as were most of Abigail's Flesh Golems, with a featureless face lined with six Human eyes of different colors, and a larger central one of clear non-Human origin. The hands were slender and whole, clearly not from the same corpses as the arms and probably from a woman or young teenager, and each hand had a eye in the palm.

"Lookit! Lookit!" Abby said excitedly before presenting the Flesh Golem with a glass full of water and an empty one. "Pour!"

And it did. Without crushing the glass or making a mess or anything. Abby clapped excitedly, laughing and overflowing with pride. She hugged Mishkala tightly, kissed her deeply, and promptly fell asleep in her arms.

***

Two days later, after Abigail had properly resumed a normal sleep and eating schedule, she met with Lucia and Titian again, once more over breakfast. This time she had the Flesh Golem pour, beaming with pride every time it did so successfully.

"Morning." She smiled. "I apologize for my recent absence. But look! It pours! Without crushing the glass, or making a mess, or freaking out, or anything!" She gave a flourish from her chair towards the corpse-thing. "Anyway. I have more work for you, but, I'm not going to lie. It's dangerous. If you don't want to do it, I understand. If you are, I promise I'll pay you all really well. And, you know, you'll be helping me and my research. Progress!" She gave a little laugh. "Oh, man, sorry. The high from the recent breakthrough still hasn't quite worn off."

Oh, Abby.

Regantor
01-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Mishkala forced a bandy grin whilst glaring at the 'new friend' performing it's party piece again, only doing only so good of a job of hiding her massive feeling of intimidation. She was really pleased that Abby was still super happy and all, but seriously, that thing was terrifying...

"He's... Really quite handsome, isn't he?" The drider put more effort into backing up Abby's enthusiasm regardless, and even held her hands in a swooning-like fashion when she looked back over to the stitcher. "So smart and calm, too. Really something!"

After another glance, her body suddenly writhed with an unearthly chill, and she sought to warm it with her arms. The expression changed to one of realisation, but of what, it was hard to say.

"He... He should get a butler outfit or something... It's only right..."

She laid her head on Abby's shoulder, and warmed herself there instead, thereafter.

The mission needed no agreement.

Evil_Cake
01-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Titian just sat in his chair staring at the flesh golem, not drinking the tea, and trying not to scream.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Lucia hadn't really warmed up to Abby's golems, and did not drink the tea.
"I can't accept a job if I don't know what it involves."

Kodos
01-10-2013, 11:38 AM
"I don't think my father or his servants left behind any clothes in its size, love." Mishkala laughed. "I mean, you should have seen my father. Ox of a man! And so kind! But yeah. I don't think I have anything."

Then she turned her attention to Lucia and gave a nervous laugh.
"Well... um..." Abigail blushed a bit, looked sort of nervous. "I kind of, well, um..." Finally she blurted it out kind of fast. "I want you to go to the old Arkill Estate, near Arthdref."

Even Lucia knew about Arthdref. It had only been a few months, after all, since it happened. It was one of the larger towns in Walpole, and certainly the largest in Prenardal. In less than two weeks the town was laid to waste by a particularly potent and virulent Zombie plague, much worse than the one that was common in other parts of Umbralume.

"The... the plague. It came from there. From the estate. I think. I, I don't know. But, what I do know is that it wasn't just the home of a reclusive aristocrat. The place was home to some of the best and brightest Stitchers and, um... well, Necromancers too. The estate still stands - it didn't burn down or anything. I'd like you to, well, go there. Go there and see if you can't find their lab and get me their research notes. I mean... I know, it's horrible. It's really horrible, what happened. It makes my skin crawl just thinking abot." Ever compasionate, Abigail really did seem on the verge of tears even just talking about. "But just think, just think all the good I could do with the research. I mean... maybe? Or maybe not. But then you'll be making sure no one can ever use it to hurt people, at least." Abigail shrugged. "I'll pay you really well. You're all smart, and talented, and I have faith in you. I know you can do this. I mean, it's not like you're going into Arthdref itself or anything, right?" Abby gave a nervous little laugh.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-10-2013, 11:51 AM
"What good could possibly come from those notes?" Lucia gave Abby a deathglare.
"I'm not bringing you potentially dangerous research on the off chance it might do some good."

Kodos
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
Abigail shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't seen them. But the estate wasn't just home to necromancers. I already told you that. There were some brilliant stitchers there, too. That's what I want. I have no interest in whatever unholy work the necromancers were up to, nor could I even use them if I wanted." She gave Lucia a glare back. "And I do not like what you are insinuating. I do not know how things are done in Valahia, but I do not believe it is polite to accuse friends of being insane necromancers. I intend to burn the notes of the necromancers, and frankly would prefer you did not even bring such things into my home. I am only interested in whatever the stitchers there were up to."

Superdooperphailmachine
01-10-2013, 12:22 PM
"You are asking for notes from a place that was full of insane necromancers, and you enjoy stitching dead people together. What am I supposed to think?" Lucia gave an annoyed groan.
"I will go, but if I don't like the notes I am burning them."

Regantor
01-10-2013, 12:30 PM
"...Ignoring the outbreak and pretending it didn't happen isn't going to make it go away. It isn't going to turn back time." The Drider answered sheepishly, ducking downwards slightly so it could at least grasp a little bit of the shade. She wasn't looking at Lucia, but her tone of voice suggested that's who she was talking to. "All the knowlage and the tools are just sitting there, waiting for somebody to come and pick them up. So they might as well be put to a good use, by us finding out what they did and why. Abigail is right."

"Priests are all the same."

Superdooperphailmachine
01-10-2013, 12:50 PM
"They were an insane group who doomed thousands of people because they were insane. You can't fix what they did, unless you feel like going to Arthdref and slaying the zombies." Lucia got up and headed for the door, but stopped for a second.
"And I'm not a preist you idiot."

Regantor
01-10-2013, 01:16 PM
"You smash things up for the sake of a big invisible floaty being who supposedly speaks only to you. That sounds close enough to me, Cleric. So demagogue, person of the cloth, whatever... They are all the same." The Drider scowled, loosing her indifference in a way that only Lucia seemed to be able to provoke. "It's not like I'm the one who has been calling people a monster."

Evil_Cake
01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
"Th-the notes themselves aren't dangerous.. And.. And wouldn't it be better to know they are here?? Than in the hands of some strangers, I mean.." Titian stopped for a moment because he realized he was talking in favor of going to zombie town. "Uh- Ah- Er.. I still don't know how suicidal I'm feeling today, though.."

Regantor
01-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Mishkala was... Not in her seat?... Underneath the table?... Behind Titian?

A slender Drow arm wrapped around his head slowly but solidly, whist her lips planted a kiss directly onto the left side of his head. Best not to think of what the other multitude of limbs were doing. Damn, did she move silently. It was as if the dust she unsettled weighed more.

"Thank you darling, for speaking up... You're so brave..."

Ah, this was 'protecting him from the other women', then.

"You know Abigal only wants what it best."

Kodos
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
And so the group was off, Titian with a big hug from Abigail, and Mishkala, of course, with a deep and passionate kiss.

***

During the second True Night the trio had taken refuge in an abandoned but intact farmhouse.

***

Several hours before moonrise, while Mishka was on watch and the other two asleep, Mishka was able to see, thanks to her Darkvision, Zombies approaching the house.

Lots of Zombies.
Like, dozens of zombies.
Like, at least 50 of the Undead things.
And she could hear the moaning of even more.

Well, fuck.

http://i.imgur.com/g6G6rJR.png
You have one round to prepare before the horde is upon the house. The red line is the door, the blue lines are shuttered windows. The brown lines are cabinets or other bits of furniture you can use to brace the door or block the windows. These will slow the Zombies down, but not stop them.
It is a DC15 strength check for you guys to shove the furniture in front of the door or windows. Moving while pushing them counts double. So you could only push something 15 feet.
Titian and Lucia were sleeping so after Mishky wakes them the fuck up, it's a move action for them to get up from prone.
Lucia does not have all her spells because it's assumed some were used in minor encounters with straggler Zombie Wolves or other such minor non-threatening creatures during the 'day.'
I am not including the entire surroundings of the house because
1) I think it's more fun to have you guys holding out inside.
2) You can't leave the house because Shadows will swarm and murder you. True Night.
Mishkala goes first, then Lucia and Titian in whichever order they post. At least for this 'surprise' round. After that the order is:
Players in whatever order they post
Zombie Horde
For the sake of clarity - there is a finite amount of Zombies. I imagine one day I will throw at you a "survive X turns from wave after wave of endless Zombies" but this is no such encounter. The encounter ends when you have killed all the Zommies.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. As a move action you can brace the door. But shoving furniture in front of it, obviously, is stronger. But you can do both. It's strength based, mind, so having the stronger person do it, if you do, is best.

Also remember that you need to be indoors to be safe from Shadows. So luring all the zombies inside and torching or blowing up the place isn't an option.

Regantor
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM
Mishkala stuttered and chirped, grasping at air infront of her, but was completely unable to make out any words. The panic was too much.

Instead, the screech of her trying to haphazardly drag one of the shelves across the floorboards stood in for a wake-up call.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/g6G6rJR2.png

I went through all the effort of making a Mishy icon the first time I made this map... and then the file didn't save correctly. -_-

Strength Test;

1d20+6=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3881320/)

Evil_Cake
01-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Titian woke up, and hopped to his feet. Usually, the moans of the undead and spider ladies pushing furniture around would totally freak him out, but this time was different. He just pulled his slingshot out of his bag, along with a few bullets, which he slid into a pocket. Then he slid some goggles over his eyes and looked around.

"Whats going on."

Superdooperphailmachine
01-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Lucia lit a lantern, got up and pulled a cabinet in front of a window.
"Sounds like Zombies. Barricade the windows."

Str: 1d20=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3883869/)
Map:
http://i.imgur.com/yzdvSpO.png

Kodos
01-24-2013, 09:30 PM
The Zombies were already up at the house now. It sounded like at least a hundred of the damn things. Better hurry up!

That was the surprise round. Now is the proper round. After everyone has posted once, it's the zombies turn. :O

Superdooperphailmachine
01-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Lucia moved away from the windows and asked Pelor real nice for Divine power, he obliged.

Lucia used Divine Power and is now a Godlike Zombie killer.
Map:http://i.imgur.com/d6NhMeN.png

Regantor
01-25-2013, 12:26 AM
Making little mithering noises and worried out of her mind, Mishkala just finished pulling the first bookcase the rest of the way, before frantically moving onto the next one.

"...Ys.... za-ze-za..... L-Lu... L-Lucia, please m-m-move!"

Strength Test;
1d20+6=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884107/)
1d20+6=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884123/)

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/yzdvSpO.png

It doesn't count as cheating if I distract you with funny little scribbles, right? *u*

Evil_Cake
01-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Titian used all his might to shove a cabinet in front of another window.

<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3884165/">1d20-1=16</a>

He was feeling pretty brave until he noticed he'd instinctively pissed himself.

http://i.imgur.com/hqoSbqD.png

Kodos
01-25-2013, 01:05 AM
The trio could hear them. Not just moaning and shuffling now, but bashing away at the walls, windows, and door.
Nothing had broken yet, although it looked like the windows wouldn't hold more than 12 more seconds, tops.

You don't get to see how much HP the stuff has. But you can tell they will break in this turn coming now, or the next.

Regantor
01-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Mishkala just ran back and forth for a minute, looking frantically for an escape route. Muttering things about not wanting to die and wanting to go home, she then just collapsed into a weeping ball in the center of the room.

Even if the Drider had any grand escape plans, she was far too much of an emmotional wreck to perform them.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/hqoSbqD&#37;20copy.jpg

Superdooperphailmachine
01-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Lucia stood her ground and waited for the horde to come pouring through the windows.
Too bad her companions were a couple of cowards.
"Get up you pathetic monster!"

Evil_Cake
01-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Titian crawled over to his companions, and placed his bag in front of them. "I- I've got some good stuff in here if you want it!"

Titian offers 1 Potions of Cure Critical Wounds, 1 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, and 1 Potions of Remove Disease to his each of his comrades.

http://i.imgur.com/WDxeVD4.png

Maybe he should have done this before zombies were swarming around them.

Kodos
01-27-2013, 11:44 AM
And then, almost all at once, the two uncovered windows broke, the wooden shutters giving way as half a dozen Zombies climbed in, practically falling over eachother. And more were clearly on the way in, behind them.

And making things worse, one of the cabinets wasn't as sturdy as it looked, failing to stem the tide of Zombies who came in through that window, too!
http://i.imgur.com/CQcm00D.png
If Reg or Cake can make smaller zombie icons for me, that would be amazing.
The Zombies are not prone, but being Zombies get only one action a turn. So yeah.
EDIT: Zombies have 27HP and 11AC.
EDIT: EDIT: I forgot, Zombies have DR5/Slashing. So if you hit them with a non-slashing weapon, you subtract 5 from the damage.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Almost as soon as the zombies swept into the building, Lucia blew the shit out of around 9 of them then ran over to Mishka and smashed another with her mace.

Turn undead:1d20+2=16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3888958/) 2d6+11+2=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3888964/)
Blast them all
Then Blow another up with my distrupting mace: 1d20=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3888986/)
http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=497&d=1359310956
Zombies ain't got shit on me

Regantor
01-27-2013, 10:37 PM
Mishkala spazmed upright violently, and made a sound somewhat like the hiss of a snake, bearing her animalistic canines and lashing out with her corrupted arm sporadically. Combined with this, however, was the sight of her uncorrupted arm reflexively hiding her weeping eyes from the sight of their attackers. Was Titian not blocking her from behind, it seemed as if she would have been running around wildly.

Her sentient side was desperate to just curl up into a ball, but the abomination was having none of it.

Full attack using the claw;
1d20+8=12, 1d20+3=20, 1d20+1=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3889928/)

Damage;
1d3+6=9, 1d3+6=8, 1d3+6=8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3889942/)

Which means the zombie to her front-left only has 2 HP left... But yeah, is still totally un-alive. :/
The unholy talons glowed faintly red for a second and left a zombie's head dangling by naught but a rotten fleshy string...

And yet, it was apparently not enough to stop the unfeeling monstrocity from moving and attacking.

Evil_Cake
01-27-2013, 11:39 PM
Titian let fly two bullets from his sling. One managed to slam into the zombie across the way from him!

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890083/ 1 hit
damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3890086/ = -5
zombie is healed!?
The rock just bounced off harmlessly...

Kodos
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
More Zombies fell in through the broken windows, while those that had already entered began shuffling towards the trio.
The five Zombies that entered through the southern window were practically tripping over eachother as they and their newfound friends fell upon Mishkala and Lucia in a wave of awkward punching and slamming. One of them, a particularly feral looking Zombie with its teeth twisted into sharp fangs and a mouth caked in dried blood, practically grabbed hold of Lucia as it, unlike its fellows, managed to hit, biting deep into her and quite literally drinking her blood before being shoved off.

http://i45.tinypic.com/21bn587.png
Zombie Attack Rolls! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891156/)
Bloodthirsty Zombies auto-confirm!
Lucia takes 10 damages and 1 point of Con damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891162/)
The Bloodthirsty Zombie is the red one. Its stats are identical to the other Zombies except for its ability to auto-confirm crits and deal Con damage on crits.
Zombies do get attacks of opportunity, so if you try moving away, remember that.
EDIT: Also, for clarity, the damaged zombie is not the bloodthirsty one. It has full hp.

Superdooperphailmachine
01-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Lucia smashed three nearby zombies with her mace, then exploded a further 11 with her holy symbol.
"Titian get away from those windows!"

Attack:1d20+14=30, 1d20+11=18, 1d20+6=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891185/)
Disruption:1d20=16, 1d20=16, 1d20=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891187/)
Disrupted (Exploded) the Blood thirsty and some other full healthed zombie and finished off the one mish hit.
Turning(Exploding):2d6+11+2=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891205/) 11 kills

14kills
http://i.imgur.com/7uTgtez.png

Regantor
01-28-2013, 10:27 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/UmbraSketch1Colour-800.jpg

Working completely on instinct, wild-eyed with terror, Mishkala just kept lashing out with her claw, again and again, no matter how futile it seemed.

Full attack using the claw;
1d20+8=12, 1d20+3=5, 1d20+1=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891510/)

Damage;
1d3+6=9, 1d3+6=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3891511/)

One of the two zombies closer to Lucia now has 11 HP left.

It shredded through the racid flesh like a hot knife through butter. And yet, the things just kept comming...

Evil_Cake
01-28-2013, 11:14 PM
Titian took an Elixir of Fire Breath from his bag, then hopped closer to his allies.

http://i.imgur.com/2rI3Prk.png

Kodos
02-01-2013, 07:09 PM
The two Zombies nearest to Lucia tried and failed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3898780/) to hit her.
The Zombies from the east window joined in the assault on Mishkala, as nine of the shambling horrors swung (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3898786/) at her, although only three managed to score a hit.

Meanwhile, behind Titian the last two windows gave way, disgorging a hoard of Zombies while more poured in from the already broken windows.

THAT'S A LOTTA ZOMBIES!
http://i.imgur.com/8oy5JX4.png
Mishkala takes 19 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3898793/)
If you're wondering why their + to hit is changing - I am basing it on swarm rules of a sort. Basically it's harder to dodge hwen you ar ebeing attacked by nine things from all angles. To make the zombies more of a actual threat, I am giving them bonuses whenever they are swarming.

Regantor
02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Mishkala was completely out of her mind with desperation, but she just kept attacking regardless.

Full attack + Claw Attack;
1d20+10=21, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+8=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3902262/)

Damage;
2d6+2=10, 1d3+4=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3902263/)

The zombie she was already attacking actually died! Yay!

Mish has 78/97 HP left.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/8oy5JX4.png

Superdooperphailmachine
02-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Lucia did her thing, exploding another 13 of the bastards, they were really starting to pile up.

Turning:2d6+11+2=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910147/)
Bashing:1d20+14=22, 1d20+11=31, 1d20+6=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910151/)
Disrupting:1d20=20, 1d20=20, 1d20=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910157/)
http://i.imgur.com/Rtb7PW0.png

Evil_Cake
02-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Titian threw his sling at a zombie, and took his dagger out of his bag. Maybe this would work better.

Kodos
02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Five of the remaining Zombies still inside tried to attack Mishkala, although only one succeeded. Unfortunately for Mishkala, though, it was one of those bloodthirsty ones. It bit deeply into her, trying to bathe as it tore ino her bare shoulder, drooling ichor and moaning until she shook it off.

And then, as more Zombies fell in through the windows, the door finally broke down, unleashing scores of fast Zombies which ran in, instantly charging at and attacking Lucia and Titian.
The farmhouse was filling up with Zombies and there wasn't even any room to dodge much, anymore...

http://i.imgur.com/70xAwvy.png
Red Zs are Fast Zombies. Their stats are identical to regular Zambies except they can move and attack without charging.
Brown Zs are Unkillable Zombies. They have 4HD, making them harder to turn, and between that and their feats, have a total of 58 HP.
One Bloodthirsty Zombie hits Mishkala! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910607/)
Mishkala takes 6 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910608/)
Mishakala also takes 1 point of Constitution damage, and all the resulting penalties to HP and Fort Saves and shit!
Two Fast Zombies hit Lucia! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910609/)
Lucia takes 11 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910610/)
Six Fast Zombies hit Titian! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910611/)
Titian takes 26 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910613/)
Ruh-roh! Titian is half-dead! Someone better heal him!

Superdooperphailmachine
02-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Lucia blew a through a load of zombies to the southeast, giving Mishka some wriggling room.
"Take Titian to the corner and cover him!"
Lucia then retreated, getting bitten by three bloodthirsty zombies and 2 regularish ones.


Undeath to death:11d4=32 16 kills (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910625/)
Turning:2d6+11+2=23 11 kills (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910632/)
http://i.imgur.com/4cwbXul.png
Zombies:1d6+1=3, 1d6+1=5, 2d6+2=6, 2d6+2=5, 2d6+2=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910683/) 25 total damages.
3 Con damage.

Regantor
02-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Mishkala couldn't hear a thing, but realised what Lucia was doing in the split second after the zombie chewing through her shoulder crumbled away from some unseen power. There was nothing but writhing corpses in every direction. Her distorted body surged and ached, not just from the injuries, but from her patchwork anatomy straining at the seams. It felt like everything was moving far too slowly, as if they were all suddenly submerged underwater.

Fangs and claws were falling upon Titian like a wave. Even through the delirium, she thought of everything that the scrawny little man-thing had done for her and Abby, and then threw her claw and wings around his torso reflexively. Yanking him off his feet, the drider then just braved the assault of undead talons across her back as she dragged him into the corner behind Lucia.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/4cwbXul.png

Yeah, Titian is still only a medium load for Mish's demon arm. And dropping things is a free action. So I'm pretty sure this is legit. Two zombies got attacks of opportunity but both of them missed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3910724/).

Evil_Cake
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Titian pulled a potion from his bag and was about to drink it, but then noticed how his comrades were now shielding him from the zombies. He stoppered the thing back up and handed it to Mishkala.

titian gives potion of cure serious wounds

Kodos
02-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Six of the faster ones attempted to slam down onto Lucia, a wave of wildly flailing limbs and oozing ichors, but only two (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923647/) managed to land solid blows.
Even more (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923656/) Zombies were upon Mishkala in a veritable tidal wave of flailing limbs, snapping maws, and rotten flesh. It was hard to dodge with so many attackers, and the stench of so many rotting corpses in so small an area certaily wasn't helping.
http://i.imgur.com/MBy0PGG.png
Lucia takes 11 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923652/)
Mishky takes 21 damage sfrom 7 Zombies! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923662/)
Mishky takes 7 damages and 1 point of Constittion damage from a Bloodthirsty Zombie! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3923664/)

Superdooperphailmachine
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Lucia blew up some zombies chewing spiderwoman, then asked pelor for more help.
Turn,2d6+11+2=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3941507/) 10 zommies
Lucia uses armour of faith and gets +5 armour (29 AC)for 5 rounds
Map:
http://i.imgur.com/XW59Noj.png (http://imgur.com/XW59Noj)

Regantor
02-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Mish's whole body was buzzing with pain and numbness. She just wanted to curl up into a ball and cry.

None the less, she did her best to use her wings as a small cocoon so that she could hurriedly drink the potion that Titian gave her. Her throat was so tense she practically choked. Not being able to see the undead, and yet still able to feel them, also just made the situation come down on her that much harder.

Cure serious wounds;

3d8+11=24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3942589/)

Mish has 61/90 HP.

Kodos
02-25-2013, 03:07 AM
As Mishka momentarily diverted her attention towards drinking a potion, the Zombies around her tried and failed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3942747/) to take advantage of the opportunity.

Cakepost: Go

Evil_Cake
02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Titian drank the elixir of fire breath that he took out earlier.

Kodos
02-27-2013, 05:11 PM
As quickly as Lucia had destroyed them, more Zombies shuffled, charged, and scrambled to replace the fallen, the horde swinging and biting at Mishkala and Lucia.
In spite of the protection of Pelor, one of the Bloodthirsty Zombies even managed to take a chunk out of Lucia!
http://i.imgur.com/p3crYhU.png
Mishkala is hit 3 times, once by a Bloodthirsty Zombie. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3946518/)
Mishkala takes 16 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3946528/) Mishkala also takes one point of Constitution damage and any resulting effects!
Lucia is hit once, by a Bloodthirsty Zombie! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3946533/)
Lucia takes 11 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3946536/) Lucia also takes one point of Constitution damage and any resulting effects!

Superdooperphailmachine
02-27-2013, 06:39 PM
Lucia was looking hurt and worn out, still blew the shit out of the zombies though.
Turns:2d6+11+2=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3946651/)
Map:
http://i.imgur.com/zqHjkJS.png (http://imgur.com/zqHjkJS)

Regantor
03-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Mishkala just continued to lash out with her claw. They were hopelessly cornered, so there wasn't much else she could do at this point.

Full attack + Claw Attack;
1d20+10=28, 1d20+5=7, 1d20+8=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3949907/)

Damage;
1d6+2=8, 1d3+4=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3949921/)

One of the red zombies to the north of her is down to 12 HP.

Evil_Cake
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Titian barfed out a fireball that went flying past Mishka's head and fried a zambie.

http://i.imgur.com/iZJF5P9.png
4d6=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3950211/)

Kodos
03-05-2013, 01:47 PM
The horde was finally thinning. Still, two of the things managed to take another big bite out of Mishkala and Lucia alike.
http://i.imgur.com/x83b4lv.png
Miskala is hit once by a Bloodthirsty Zombie! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3957664/)
Mishkala takes 7 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3957666/) Mishkala takes 1 point of Constitution damages!
Lucia is hit once by a Bloodthirsty Zombie! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3957670/)
Lucia takes 9 damages! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3957671/) Lucia takes 1 point of Constitution damages!

Superdooperphailmachine
03-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Lucia turned another group of zombies, hopefully she'd have a couple more left in her.
http://i.imgur.com/Cs6474x.png
Turn undead:2d6+11+2=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3962715/) 10 kills
She has two of these left :O!

Regantor
03-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Mishkala's endless, frantic claw attacks were about all her panicked brain could perform. One-on-one and ready to pounce, against a living opponent, she was a true demon to behold... but beset from all sides by those... things...

Full attack + Claw Attack;
1d20+10=20, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+8=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3962959/)

Damage;
1d6+2=7, 1d6+2=4, 1d3+4=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3962962/)

The remaining red zombie to the north of her is down to 11 HP.

Evil_Cake
03-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Titian burped out another fireball, and it melted one of the blood thirsty zombies.

http://i.imgur.com/pztpk77.png

4d6=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3962968/)

Kodos
03-09-2013, 07:19 AM
As the horde thinned it became increasingly easy to keep track of each of the Zombies and to maneuver. Eight of the unliving things attempted, and failed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3963742/) to hurt Mishkala, and those attacking Lucia met with similar (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3963744/) results.
http://i.imgur.com/16HfGCe.png

Superdooperphailmachine
03-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Lucia turned another group of zombies near her and smashed the last three with her mace.
Just a few more left.

Turns:2d6+11+2=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3972964/)
Bashing:1d20+14=29, 1d20+11=17, 1d20+6=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3972974/)
Disrupting:1d20=1, 1d20=3, 1d20=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3972983/)
one more!
http://i.imgur.com/JKXxulG.png

Regantor
03-15-2013, 10:19 AM
Mish was slashing away with her eyes closed now; It was the overwhelming fear that made her do it, but the enemies were still so dense that she could hardly fail to hit them anyway.

Full attack + Claw Attack;
1d20+10=22, 1d20+5=14, 1d20+8=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3974094/)

Damage;
1d6+2=4, 1d6+2=4, 1d4+3=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3974119/)

One normal zombie to the north of her is down to 13 HP.

Evil_Cake
03-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Titian spat out one more fireball, and it roasted the normal zombie.

4d6=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3974224/)

http://i.imgur.com/z9Vr7Cl.png

Kodos
03-15-2013, 06:23 PM
The horde had thinned enough that dodging was once again a viable option, and Mishkala managed to deftly avoid all (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3974703/) her attackers.

http://i.imgur.com/KlTm5sh.png

Regantor
03-15-2013, 09:27 PM
If the drider realised that the zombies she was attacking were exploding into flames, she didn't say anything. Everything was just a blind, chaotic blur to her.


Full attack + Claw Attack;
1d20+10=24, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+8=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3974921/)

Damage;
1d6+2=4, 1d6+2=6, 1d4+3=4 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3974923/)

One normal zombie to the north of her is down to 13 HP.

Evil_Cake
03-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Titian drank another Elixir of Fire Breath, even though his throat was hurting pretty bad from the first one.

Regantor
03-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Lucia annihilated a few more zombies from existence, then clubbed down upon the remainder that were close to her.

Turning HD; 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3998684/).
Four unkillable zombies and one regular zombie killed.
Mace Attack; 1d20+14=33, 1d20+11=19, 1d20+6=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3998718/)
Damage (Disrupting); 40 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3998721/).
Another one is destroyed.

And yes, Kodos told me to do this. :I
http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/KlTm5sh.png

Kodos
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Once again, the much-thinned horde failed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4000205/) to land a hit on either Mishkala or Lucia.
http://i.imgur.com/8aBmFS9.png

Regantor
04-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Mishkala struck out again at the zombies before her, with her usual sporadic non-effectiveness.

Full attack + Claw Attack;
1d20+10=12, 1d20+5=17, 1d20+8=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4015400/)

Damage;
1d6+2=8, 1d6+2=8, 1d4+3=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4015402/)

One unkillable zombie to the north of her is down to 37 HP.

Evil_Cake
04-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Titian hurled a fireball out of his face hole at the injured unkillable zombie.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4020752/

17 damage so its down to 20

Rio
04-25-2013, 10:49 AM
Testing.... 1 2 3. If this posts, can one of you guys (Kodos, Reg, or anyone else) try posting here as well and see if it gives you an error messages? Thanks.

[EDIT]
Looks like it worked...

Kodos
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
If this post goes through, Reg, you need to post :3

Regantor
04-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Lucia felt her holy powers diminishing down to a trickle, and raised her hand in order to focus together some of her more primitive, manual powers. This annoyed her, but not much else. She had been fighting the damned things for so long that she barely even registered the piled bones wetly crunching beneath her boots.

An end to the madness was an impossible dream, in the bigger picture. So she simply thought of what she always did, and that was putting as many of the bastards back into the dirt as possible.

Cure Light Wounds Mass

1d8+11=5+11=16

Eleven zombies took 16 damage each.

I've marked down which ones on the map via the little red Xes. All of the zoms in those particular cells are down by 16 HP.

Used another online dice roller for this since invisibubble castul is still down.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/8aBmFS9.png

Kodos
05-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Several minutes later it was finally all over. 128 Zombie corpses and associated bits of blood, gore, and, well, bits, littered the floor of the decrepit old cabin.

Maybe the Zombies had some loot on them? They certainly didn't need it anymore...

Of course, no one was dead, but those Zombies had taken more than chunks of flesh out of them. Tired and hurting, they would need more than Potions of Cure Wounds, for sure.

Regantor
05-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Blood was streaming out of Mishkala's already crimson-coloured wings, making them look even more horrific in the dim light. Her talon was trying to sooth her badly bitten left shoulder, yet predictably not doing a very good job. The actual Drow fingers on her oppisate hand looked half broken, but were still religiously gripping her rapier.

She just stared ahead. Twitching, quivering every now and then, but not making a noise past her aching breath.

Her expression said it would probably not take very much to topple that composure.

"...Titian..."

Barely a whisper.

"...Titian... one of your po... tions..."

"...Please..."

"...I'll carry you on my back... home... or an...y...thing... just..."

Evil_Cake
05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Titian removed a few potions from his handy haversack, and offered them to Mishkala. "These two should make your wounds heal better, and this one is in case those zombies had any diseases..."

TITIAN gives to MISHKALA, one potion of cure serious wounds, one potion of cure critical wounds, and one potion of remove disease
Then, he took another potion of CURE DISEASE out of his bag and drank that himself.

Superdooperphailmachine
06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
"No potion for the one who actually did all the work?" Lucia sounded more annoyed than anything.

Evil_Cake
06-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Titian pulled more potions out of his huge sack and handed them to Lucia. "I- I was getting to you."

Lucia get Potion of Cure Critical Wounds and Potion of Cure Serious Wounds

Regantor
06-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Mishkala struggled to remove the cork with her teeth; Either she was so paranoid that she didn't want to put her sword down, or her drow arm was in worse shape than it looked. The drinking motion was none the less frantic and urgent anyway. Only after a very long, uncombfertable pause did she actually turn back to give Titian any sort of thanks...

Well, she stared at him blankly, and then she hugged him thoughly for about half a second, before completely turning her back on him again... That was... Kinda thank-y?

"...I wasn't serious about letting you ride on my back, okay, male?..." She grunted. Her hushed voice was still mostly on the verge of tears, but Lucia seemed to have set something else off too. Seething embarrasment. "...You even try it and I'll rip your legs off. And the bits inbetween too. You pregnant-lookin' ass jerk. >:m"

Evil_Cake
06-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Titian scooted away from the others meekly, and checked to make sure none of his vials and flasks or jars got smashed up in the fight. "Good grief.."

Kodos
06-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Mishkala managed to salvage 275gp in various coins from the Zombies and then they were off.

***

The trip had thus far, since the 'incident' at the farmhouse, been uneventful. A few undead critters and a few zombies numbering a handful at a time, at most, but thankfully nothing genuinely threatening to a group of their size and skill.

So far.

***

They heard her before they could see her, the sound of large wings flapping. The first thing they could see was her flaming greatsword, well, flaming, before she came into Mishkala's visual range and then, eventually, into the range of the torchlight, before landing in front of the group.

She was apparently Human, but stunningly, supernaturally, beautiful. Her skin was dark, a shade of brown - not dark like one of the Drow - and as such instantly marked her to Mishkala as either something expressly non-Human and/or something from another plane. She had a shapely body with a sizable chest and quite the rear, the silhouette of her *very* ample bottom quite clear even in her long dress. She had a gorgeous face, too, with golden eyes and all framed by long, straight, black hair. Although apparently an outsider, she dressed for the setting, with black lipstick, a red lace corset, and a long, high-slit, skirt. Curiously she was barefoot.
Oh, and she had a pair of long, white, feathery wings.

Was she an Angel? Certainly looked like an Angel, but so did Erinyes. And so did Succubi when they wanted to.

She held her greatsword at the ready, but hadn't attacked. Yet. "Don't usually get Humans out here." She said calmly, a hint of excitement in her alluring and musical voice. "Especially not traveling with Drider. And especially not a Drider that, insofar as I can tell, is neither mental nor monstrous." Well that was good, she didn't think they were evil! "Of course," she went on, "there are magics that could fool even us Angels. Even a badass one like me." She gave a slight laugh at the last statement. "Mind explaining yourself, cutie? 'Cause, like, I've been 'round the planes, seen lots of weird stuff, and this is definitely up there, y'know?"

Regantor
07-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Mish shuddered in terror the second she heard the gusting wings. Instantly, she darted into cover half way up a nearby pine tree, but it was too small to do much good. Damn the barren planes. Damn the moonlight. She would have cast a darkness spell, but it would have meant certain death for the other two. Damn her humanity.

Hoping to the abyss that the thing had not seen her properly, Mishkala just clung tight, closed her eyes, and slowly merged into a trembling transparent (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/invisibility.htm) mass.

If it was a Succubus, it probally intended to tear them limb from limb. If it was a Angel, then it probally still intended to tear her limb from limb. There were no good options, as far as she could see.

She missed Abigail.

Superdooperphailmachine
07-03-2013, 05:41 PM
"Are you an Angel, yes or no?" Lucia drew a couple daggers and prepared for the worst.

Kodos
07-03-2013, 05:56 PM
The Angel(?) gave a soft musical, laugh before turning around a bit and looking at her wings, then over at her flaming sword, then giggling a bit. "Uhhh, I mean, you can't tell?" She asked Lucia. "Of course I'm an Angel, honey. Well, a Movanic Deva, if we want to be particular. It's a sort of Angel. My name's Tania, I'm from Elysium although until I came here I was living in Sigil." She shrugged. "Wanna tell me what's up? Like, you know, why two paranoid Humans are travelling alone in the middle of the forest? With, you know, a Drider?" Her voice took on an even more concerned tone. "If she hurt you, it's okay. I'm here to help. Don't be afraid. You don't have to be." She then added, loudly. "An invisible Drider, that is. I know you're there so you might as well come out! I'm not going to hurt you unless I have to!"
She sounded sincere on all counts.

Regantor
07-07-2013, 01:00 AM
A cloud of dust suddenly plumed from a nearby tree. The slender footsteps were on the very edge of hearing, and no actual body could be made out; But whatever it was, it was panicked enough to make several large knocks and thuds in it's frantic dash away from the angel.

More crackling magic (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/nondetection.htm) noises could be heard.

Saying that the slinky Drider was determined not to be seen at all costs was a serious understatement.

Kodos
07-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Tania clearly heard Mishkala stumbling over herself - it was hard not to when Mishkala probably weighed about as much as a horse and was all limbs tripping over herself.

Slowly she lowered her sword, apparently taking everything in. "Hello? Drider-girl? I'm not going to hurt you unless you force me to. You don't have to hide. I'm here to help. It's what I do. Judging by the fact your travelling buddies don't seem dominated, and by the fact they seem in good health, I'm guessing you're, you know, sane. Would you please come out? I'd love to talk to you." She rested her greatsword by her side and her voice took on an even more sincere and caring tone. "Look, you're a Drider. I know that means odds are you were a priestess, and that means you're smart. I'm not here to punish you for whatever you did before Lolth changed you. And I am not an Erinyes, and my simple saying so proves it. And if you think I'm a Succubus, well, I don't think a Succubus would be able to control herself around your handsome friend, here." She said with a laugh, giving Titian a wink that was half-flirting, half-playing around. Although, given how utterly gorgeous the Angel was, Titian no doubt probably paid more attention to the flirty part.

Evil_Cake
07-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Titian held his handy haversack to his chest in case he needed to use it as some sort of shield. One of his hands slipped inside it's flap. "Mishkala's our- uh- companion!" He squeaked. "She's not dangerous! N-not really.." Inside the bag, he gripped a bomb strong enough to blow everything up in a 30 foot radius. "N-none of us are!"

Regantor
07-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Several gusting seconds passed, before Titian felt a soft set of fingers wrap around from behind his waist and caress his cheek. At first it was an ethereal, ghostly presence, but it soon blurred into a more recognisable stone-grey hand. Her claw was already inside his bag, resting weightlessly upon his own hand.

"...Erinyes do not lie... And Succubus are not know for going after creatures lacking... well..." Mishka whispered resoundingly. It was still timid, but she was making sure the enigmatic thing could hear her. That, and despite apparently trying to save him from himself, the lithe bundle of limbs was doing a pretty good job of also using Titian as a human shield. "...Which means... she is an Angel... And therefore almost definitely here to kill an unholy beast... like.... Well, me, not you two..."

Kodos
07-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Tania sheathed her greatsword and smiled warmly at Mishkala. "There, see? You trust me, I trust you. And I'm not here to slay anything. Well, I mean, I came here - to Umbralume that is - to help out you Humans however I could. Sigil got boring, y'know? And, yeah, that seems to involve a lot of destroying Undead, but, you know, there's more to being a badass righteous Angel then just punishing the wicked." She gave Mishkala a smile. "There's also protecting and helping the innocent.
I'm here - like right here - because I saw a Drider traveling with some Humans, which was odd enough, then not only is she lucid, but also rocking a pair of wings and an arm clearly taken off some sorta Fiend. Glabrezu?" She shrugged before extending a hand towards the shaken Drider.
"I don't want to hurt you. I didn't detect any monsters around here when I was flying overhead, so I think we're in the clear for while. Why don't we have a talk, hm? I can keep a secret."

Regantor
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
"Trust is a strong word." Mishkala replied, leaving the Angel's hand hanging in the air. She sounder bitter. "I know what those with power are capable of... and to jump planes... you certainly seem to have no shortage..."

The Drider seemed to take a minute to consider her options, glaring unflinchingly. Annoyance always made her bear her fangs unintentionally. The weariness in her eyes also spoke tales of just wanting to get home, back to Abigail. She would much rather still run away, given the slightest opportunity.

"...What do... you even want from me?... I don't have any faith left to give. I don't want to fight." It clenched tightly onto Titian's overcoat, but hid the emotions that brooded in her voice behind a hoarse whisper. "I'm just here because Abby needed something. And if it was not for these two dirty humans... I... Well, I would have failed that, too..."

Kodos
07-14-2013, 09:37 AM
"I don't want anything *from* you." Tania said softly, sighing as she withdrew her hand. "I'd like to talk to you. I'd love to hear your story. And, if I can, to help you. Who's Abby? Maybe I can help?" The Angel gave a smile. "I promise I'm not going to hurt you or anything. Tania gave Mishka a sincere look of empathy and sadness. "Look, I know what you are, and what that means. I know the society you've come from, and what the odds are about what you've done. I'm not here to judge you for who you may have been in the past, or to punish you for that. From what I can tell, you're already being punished - and in a way that nobody deserves. I want to help you if I can. I'd like that very much."

Regantor
07-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Alrough coming out from cover slightly, Mish still gripped onto Titian's sleeve and silently stared the angel into the ground.

http://www.freewebs.com/handcannon/RegDndMishScribbles-600b.jpg

"...Well... well... you... c-can start by s-shoving that damn pity up your holy ass!" It took a minute for her to talk, but when she did, the drider growled gutturally. The outburst seemed to surprise even her, a little, but she was too agitated to back down now. "I'm not going to feel sorry for myself about what happened. But Abby.... she's a stitcher... and saving me, and... When people try and attack her or t-talk down to her, who's b-banner do you think they are flying?..."

How was she supposed to ask about Arkill estate, considering how even Lucia had reacted to their plans? She felt like she had incriminated Abby enough as it was.

The last thing she wanted to do was to trust the messenger of some savage human god.

Kodos
07-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Tania just wordlessly, and gently, nudged Titian aside and embraced Mishkala. The Angel hugged the Drider tight and, well, even ignoring anything sexual that might have been gooing through the Drider's mind, it felt really, really nice. She seemed to genuinely, like, you know. Care.

"It's okay. I don't want to hurt you."

Regantor
07-19-2013, 12:53 AM
The mutated girl kept her eyes wide open and her body rigid-stiff, squirming uncombfertably as the Angel placed her arms around her.

It did feel good, but... she didn't want to feel good. Mishkala only felt blunted. Her light body was now a stone.

Had the Angel wanted to kill her, this was it. The trap.

She knew it would be like this. She knew she should have run.

A sharp spazm in her back. The multi-limbed thing hissed.

Fangs flashed from her shaded face, and she buried them into the Angel's neck...

Kodos
07-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Tania was very tough, being a Movanic Deva and all, so while she winced, Mishka's teeth, however modified by her Drider state, were not really up to the task of drawing blood.
"Are you done?" She asked softly, before going on, softly and with a smile. "Because if you don't hug me back then I'm just going to look silly and awkward."

Regantor
07-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Mish bit her again. Then squeeled, shreiked, and thrashed loudly.

Either her whispy legs were not focused enough to pull or away, or that was a firm hug. Or maybe both.

More scratching. More gnawing. More screaming.

Then, after a few minutes... Well, she got tired out.

Weeks of paranoia and restlessness took their toll and reduced the drider to an angry dozy pile of spite. She was hugging the angel, at least in the capacity that she no longer had the energy to strangle her.

"...you bitch... why..." It coiled up, then attempted one last good thrash. Her dark reddish eyes were exausted. "...why are you tr.... feeel so..... g... good......"

Kodos
07-27-2013, 11:28 PM
Tania just hugged Mishka gently before letting go and smiling at her. "See? That wasn't so bad. I don't want to hurt you. Now why don't you start by giving me your name, hm?" Another smile. "And I don't know who Abby is, but I try not to talk down to people. And it's not my banner, I don't have one. I mean, well, there was a banner outside this soup kitchen I worked in for a while, back in Sigil, but that wasn't mine, and the dude who ran the place would probably get upset if I went back and stole it. :3"

Regantor
07-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Mishkala shivered and crossed her arms close to her torso.

Damn angel was getting inside her head. Molten metal would have felt cold after an embrace like that.

"...My... my n-name is..." She gulped deeply, and then looked into the dirt. "...I-It's... Mishkala..."

"...You... said you name was Tania, didn't you?..."

"...These two are frien-.... no... hired m-mercenaries. We are after a few things that my Abigial wanted, that's all..."

Any attempt to explain how she wasn't a threat just got caught in the drider's throat. She still felt completely crushed about how useless she was back at the cabin, and wasn't in any mood to explain what had happened there. Her nerves were still hanging by a thread as it was, intrusive angel or not.

Kodos
07-28-2013, 11:36 PM
"Yes, I'm Tania," the Angel said softly, giving Mishkala a warm smile. "Mishkala is a pretty name." She added. "Would you like to talk about anything, Mishkala? I'm not going to judge you for anything you may have done, and I understand if you don't want to talk about it. But, you know, sometimes it helps. To let it out. Your lovely friends don't have to hear or anything."

Regantor
07-29-2013, 12:17 PM
"...No offence but..." The spidery thing's voice died down to a whisper, as she bit onto her thumbnail. "...I... I-I d-d-dont even... k-know you..."

The crimson hue of her wings and talon suddenly mutated into a dull shade of black. Not quite running away, but making her feel slightly better about being in the open.

"...Why... why w-w-would you... want to help s-something like me?... I don't get it..."