PDA

View Full Version : Laptops with XP OS Still Available?

Rio
10-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Anyone know?

My old laptop is slowly dieing or at least buying 3rd party batteries and power adapters aren't working out cuz they crap out after a month or so. :\ ...And no, the company who made it is no longer selling batteries and power adapters for it (seriously, I think they just want you to upgrade and buy a new laptop).

If laptops with XP OS's aren't being offered anymore, anyone know if running "Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP" actually work in Windows 7? :<

EDIT: Oh, I prefer not to get a used laptop or a netbook.

GunZet
10-14-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't think you'll find a laptop that hasn't been used in any sort of way with the XP OS. I mean, it'll either be refurbished, or really old and used.
I know you're against this, and I haven't searched myself. But I'm almost sure you could 'find' XP by doing some googling around, just hook it up on a formatted flashdrive, plug it in, and get going on what you need to.
Otherwise XP is usually just too obsolete to find now unless you raid your grandma's home lol.

Bacon_Barbarian
10-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Many netbooks do (realize that isn't what you want, just thought I'd throw that out though). I know mine does. It's an Eee PC.

Rio
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Hmmm, I figured I'd get a response like this.... well, worse comes to worse, I can just hook up my old HDD (from the late 90s) to my tower computer and run it that way. Good thing I kept it... >_>

@ Bacon
I actually have one* but the screen is too small (or maybe I'm just used to bigger screens) to do CGing. I was considering just attaching it to a monitor but that's a pain in the ass. =_=

* This is not the one that is dying a slow death, btw.

Bacon_Barbarian
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah ... I understand. That's what I'm doing myself at the moment. :P

GunZet
10-14-2011, 06:13 PM
Always a good idea to keep an old functional HDD around. Especially dealing with PC's.