PDA

View Full Version : The Nutrition Thread

ram
10-08-2011, 02:49 AM
I'd like to know what you guys eat for breakfast,
Well I want to know if you guys do count the calories of what you eat.

I feel like what I'm eating doesn't give me enough energy for some reason, I won't tell you yet what I eat but I just go for the cheapest lol.

anyway please post what you eat for the whole day and tell me the calories it gives.

Outcast
10-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Breakfast: eggs and pears/peaches maybe some pudding
Lunch: sandwiches, mini pizzas, junk food, chicken nuggets
Dinner: some form soup, dumplings, spaghetti, or ramen if we can spare a few dollars.

I don't count calories however as a diabetic I must count carbs.

Evil_Cake
10-08-2011, 09:25 AM
nachos and falafel

GunZet
10-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Whatever comes up...usually poptarts or cereal...or tea, or chips, or candy.
Really carb filled, bad food is what I eat in the morning usually.

ClockHand
10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Eat fruits at breakfast, apples are a big boost of energy.

Kenzieroo
10-08-2011, 01:29 PM
I don't know why people go on calorie diets, calories are good for you, BUT people eat empty calories with NO nutrition. If you want to stay full longer eat whole foods.
Whole grain bread of toast is good, no enriched bleached processed crap.
Fruit, of any kind really. I eat bananas but that's just me.
Yogurt without chemicals and stuff made in a lap.
Peanut butter or jelly without added sugar and junk.
I sometimes eat cereal, but it doesn't keep me full.

Don't count calories just eat whole foods with GOOD calories! Not empty calories.
That's what I eat, hope that helped you.

GunZet
10-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Organic fruits and brussel sprouts.

Psy
10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
I went to the dr at one point because I was having panic attacks and half the time I don't feel like it's a panic attack unless a medical professional tells me I'm fine. Anywho I was told that EVERYONE (maybe not diabetics?) wakes up with low blood sugar (and the symptoms of low blood sugar and panic attacks are near identical) and not eating or not eating the right things can make it worse and protien is what gives you energy.
I was told to eat protien in the morning and not bread or cereals because those would spike my blood sugar (I don't know cuz I was starving myself that day for blood work and an egg sounded good and I kinda focused on that).

I don't wake up before like 10am usually (I work until around 11pm so it's screwed my internal clock over) but I can't eat for an hour after waking up because the thought nauseates me (idk why) but after that it's an egg or bacon or maybe a fried piece of ham in my omelet.

Hayashida
10-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I don't know why people go on calorie diets, calories are good for you, BUT people eat empty calories with NO nutrition. If you want to stay full longer eat whole foods.
Whole grain bread of toast is good, no enriched bleached processed crap.
Fruit, of any kind really. I eat bananas but that's just me.
Yogurt without chemicals and stuff made in a lap.
Peanut butter or jelly without added sugar and junk.
I sometimes eat cereal, but it doesn't keep me full.

Don't count calories just eat whole foods with GOOD calories! Not empty calories.
That's what I eat, hope that helped you.
This is actually really good advice.

Kenzieroo
10-08-2011, 06:51 PM
My motto for eating for 85% of the time (I do splurge, like on vacation) is if you couldn't make it at home doesn't eat it. I'm not saying I grow all my food, but I get for from local gradens and places. I could grow the food I eat and the seasonings I add if i wanted too, of course i don't but I could. I CAN'T process grain for I'm not going to eat grai nthats process.
The other benifit is it keeps me full.

Outcast
10-08-2011, 11:02 PM
@psy: Low blood sugars are fun, once I got one I wanted to stab the couch and everyone in the room then rip my skin off and float.

ram
10-08-2011, 11:21 PM
yeah that's what I feel most of the time.

thanks for the suggestion guys, now I have more of an idea of what I should eat.

pajamajam
10-09-2011, 06:57 AM
When I eat breakfast, I always end up getting really hungry and tired a couple hours later. It's the same whether I get eggs and toast and fruit or just a poptart and a coffee. If I don't eat breakfast at all, I'm usually fine until lunch.

ram
10-09-2011, 07:22 AM
It that's an advice, that would be bad.
A lot of people told me that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it's bad to skip it.

MiguelAndrew
10-09-2011, 08:30 AM
First I'm planning to wake-up early to jog (15-20 mins) and a little push-ups and sit-ups on nearby park then breakfast with coffee with less rice, then lunch and dinner with less rice ( so that I can get rid of my beer belly). hahaha :cat_ahahaha:

ram
10-09-2011, 10:52 AM
lol, you look so thin, didn't know you have a beer belly . /:
speaking of exercise, right now I can do 45 push ups, probably the best I can do cause I'm shaking so much lol >_>
after that just raw eggs and some bread and butternut
one day I can aim for 50 push ups! like military lol

MiguelAndrew
10-09-2011, 11:10 AM
I'll just maintain my weight then erase my belly with six packs ( if i can) hahaha :cat_ahahaha:

ram
10-09-2011, 11:20 AM
dude if you want that then stop drinking beer lol.

pajamajam
10-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Breakfast is important, but if you're not hungry for it, don't eat it. It's actually worse to force yourself to eat in the morning if you're not hungry than it is to just skip breakfast all together.

And 50 push-ups is only good in the military if you're female.

ram
10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Lol, Didn't know that I haven't even scratch the surface:monkey_wc:
Well I'm not planning to join the military anyway, But I'll go break my limit every single time I have the chance.

I think it's not really that bad to force your self to eat even if your not hungry, I don't think there was a time that I ever been hungry in the morning, I could go without breakfast as well but I always eat breakfast.

Bacon_Barbarian
10-09-2011, 09:18 PM
2 slices of toast, 2 slices of vegi-bacon, and a cup of decaf.

pajamajam
10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
If you're hell-bent on eating breakfast, just take something with you when you go to work/school/whatever and eat when you finally get hungry.

Kenzieroo
10-09-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm always hungry, but I guess if your not hungry. It's alway good to grab a breakfast bar or something, just in case you get hungry before lunch.

Kenzieroo
10-09-2011, 10:15 PM
(Opps, fogot to read the next page...)

GunZet
10-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Lunchable and an apple.

Kenzieroo
10-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Lunchables arn't very good for you...

GunZet
10-09-2011, 11:59 PM
I know. But the ones with the ham and cheese taste so damn good.

indescribable
10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
He's lying, don't listen to him. Those things are disgusting, and you could make something so much better for about half the price.

Kenzieroo
10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
It's not even real meat its so prossesed

GunZet
10-11-2011, 12:12 AM
DDD': but-but....I like it.

MiguelAndrew
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
dude if you want that then stop drinking beer lol.

hahaha, thats right! hahaha maybe hard drinks for beer replacement.:cat_muuu:

GunZet
10-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Ew. Beer. I only drink that when I have a taste for something fizzy.

MiguelAndrew
10-13-2011, 12:13 AM
hahaha Gunzet!! Beer is good only one glass a day, but so much will make you drunk.

Beer can be a replacement for other carbohydrates foods, just like rice,

I drink beer when their are occasions

and always "Drink Moderately" :cat_thumbsup:

GunZet
10-13-2011, 12:53 AM
I had some 99 Bananas a few days ago. Whooo that stuff was rough, love it....oops wrong thread.

Also yea I know beer is healthy-ish. But the thing is, it's alcohol. And there are a lot of people who just drink drink drink drink and drink. Thus the beer belly.

MiguelAndrew
10-13-2011, 01:40 AM
yeah, that was the old me, now I will drink moderately... beer belly sucks.

Siaman
10-13-2011, 04:55 AM
@ Ram : lugaw with tokwa't baboy:)

Beer... well before i got my work i drink beer at least 3 times a week now... i hard for me because of my work...( grrrr.... Kill joy):)
i think the last time i drink beer is last February or march i think..:(

Kenzieroo
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Watch Food Ink
Care about what you put you money on, and what you put inside you.