View Full Version : My new drawing process.
10-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm using a different method for drawing my characters and my manga, so can anyone help can me with some examples, advice, tips on the following process?
1. Concept and Rough Sketch
10-04-2011, 08:15 PM
1. Concept and rough
2. cleaning selected rough sketch/concept
3. inking (optional)
4. shading. whites, blacks, midtones, very rough shading.
5. Smooth shading
Overall, do what feels best to you. That's just the way I do things.
I have tons of drawing process and I don't stick to just one. somehow I feel like that's my problem.
what I'm using now is.
1. stick figures.
2. giving overal shape of the proportions and basic shape
3. rough sketch
5. coloring or toning
10-04-2011, 11:05 PM
1.free hand rough sketch with grey color
2.finalising with black ink using a curve tool
changed it again.
right now I'm using
3. fade then rough sketch again,(this time draw the detail more and soft shading to those that will be inked with dark area
4. fade again then line and ink them.
I guess I prefer this one this time, don't know when it will change again though =_=
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
So Drafting is something like Lineart? I wonder is this true. Can you color over your shading? Would it look right?
10-06-2011, 01:39 PM
You can do that if you have blending modes.
10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
2: Scech, add valume
3: Add detail
5: Color (I don't add color a lot though.)
10-14-2011, 10:35 PM
1. write script
2. make thumbnails from script
3. use thumbnails to make a rough draft
4. work from thumbs and rough drafts and draw that poop
5. boom awesome mango page now
your drafts and your scripts are the most important stages because they dictate the pace of the story that you are planning. make sure it doesn't go too fast or too slow, and drafts can be re-drawn again and again. (scripts can be re-written, too!) i waste more paper on thumbs and scripting than i do on the actual pages i draw now. if you plan your entire story out right, then the rest should be a breeze
10-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Thank you! I will take this advice and help and work even harder. I appreciate you time in helping me.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.