PDA

View Full Version : Babes, Samurai, and Giant Turtles (C)



Pages : [1] 2 3

Kodos
01-03-2011, 01:29 PM
CAMPAIGN C ARCHIVE 1 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBCX45NQ)
CAMPAIGN C ARCHIVE 2 (http://mangatutorials.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBLZM9hPKks

zizi
01-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Kai saw Shari moving towards him, and stepped forward, waving to get her attention. Unsatisfied that she'd seen him, he weaved his way towards her, glancing over his shoulder at Hei and gesturing to Shari by way of explination.

"Sorry about running off like that, I really did need to send a message," he said when he reached her, "Yoko seems nice- but maybe leave the duplicity to someone with skill for it next time," he teased, lightly nudging her shoulder.

Regantor
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Shari took one look at Haru, and then actively chose to begin ignoring her. That child is the last person I need to talk to right now... or, ever...

"It's okay. Yoko didn't have much of a reason to pry." The lumbering thing basically agreed with Kai's assessment, narrowing her eyes and letting off a rather annoyed smirk. "I didn't have you figured for a family man, mister Kai, but I'll reserve asking who you actually needed to contact... None of our buisness." It was strangely warm and professional at the same time, like an outward expression of trust.

"Anyway. Who's fighting next? By my math Yaun should be back on again soon..."

Kodos
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
And then Yuanjun was back up. She won her second match with ease, the fact her opponent was distracted by her ample ladybits didn't matter much given the clear skill advantage she had. Then she had a rematch with Lin. The older beauty had actually done quite well in all her other fights and was rather confident. All that changed when Yuanjun beat her senseless for the third time and left her unconscious with a roundhouse kick that remodeled her face.

Eventually Yoko had her final match of the day, which she also won easily. The hefty girl clearly liked the attention she was getting, and you could tell she was having a blast. D'aaw. :3

And then Qing was back up. She had two more matches. They were long and drawn out affairs that consisted of her meticulously and painfully demolishing her opponent. You noticed her coping numerous feels of her female opponent too. And were suitably repulsed by her after-fight celebratory kisses with her sister.

***

Later that night it was time for the sword-fights. Satomi won her three matches without much effort. Then Oboro came out to applause and cheers that she did not react in the slightest too. As with the day before she never once drew her own sword, either beating her opponents senseless with her bare hands and feet, or taking their weapons and using them against her. One of her opponents said something to her, although given the cheering crowd and the size of the arena you did not catch what it was. Clearly she did not like it, though, given that Oboro seemed to have to stop herself from killing him with her bare hands.

What a charming lady.

And then it was time for Ryo to go again. Thankfully he would not be fighting Oboro today and thus would not be beaten up by a blind lady.

Regantor
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Shari took on a tense silence again as Yuanjun fought. It was not quite support, but instead more like the robust woman was imagining herself in Yaun's place. The monk had become a tool to smash a hated enemy with... which was several steps upwards from casual annoyance, at least. Maybe you could stretch it, and say Shari now 'appreciated' her?...

During Yoko's fights, she just played it cool, only cheering when the adorable thing landed a perticularly decent hit. "Yeah! Yoko-chan! Do some damage!"... Qing was the oppisate, generating a snarl of 'not good enough' from Shari every time the filithy thing took a moderate blow. The bitch, of course, won in the end and put the monk in a bad mood for long while afterwoulds.

A mood only Oboro could solve.

Shari didn't shoot to the front or go stary-eyed this time. Instead she remained seated next to Kai, with a carressing hand working it's way into his shirt and making her steamy ideas pretty abundantly clear. "She's on fire, as to be expected... Damn that Oboro knows how to handle things..."

Superdooperphailmachine
01-19-2011, 11:50 PM
Ryo stepped into the arena hoping to redeem himself after his embarrassing loss yesterday. With any luck nobody else will as strong as Obero.

zizi
01-20-2011, 07:37 AM
Kai smiled and clapped as appropriate, only really putting any energy into cheering on Yoko. He could barely stop himself from snarling when Qing took to the arena, hands clenching and unclenching. But when Oboro took to the stage and Shari began... exporing... his anger was forgotten. Clearly the brutal monk was engaged in her own sort of fantasy, and he on the recieving end. He couldn't say he minded, although his face flushed beetroot.

Then Ryo entered the arena. Kai clapped politely and wished him well, although his mind wasn't on the fight at all, still lingering over thoughts of Shari.

Regantor
01-20-2011, 12:07 PM
"With any luck, he won't be completely smeared across the floor today..." Shari spoke flatly whist giving out an unenthusiastic clap. It was sort of support, I guess?

As the proceedings began again, she found her thoughts bouncing back and forth between Kai and Oboro. The whole situation was ridiculously precarious, but having felt ugly and unwanted for so long made her feel like taking what she could while she could. Karma would catch up with her, she suspected, but that dog never got tired.

For now she just thought of what she was going to say Kai later, and guiltily threaded her left arm underneath his right.

Alexander_Hamilton
01-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Haru had been his quiet self as he observed the tournament, only opening his mouth when Yoko appeared to give her a single, though genuine, cheer. The crowd, the noise, and the stress were draining, and throughout most of the fights he leaned back, closed his eyes, and meditated as best he could, letting his mind drift from the screaming throng to the clouds and the wind. When Ryo's fight was announced, he opened his eyes and leaned forward. He did hope the samurai would perform better this time. Defeat, especially in front of so many, could be quite humiliating. The man seemed goodhearted, and the druid wished him well.

Kodos
01-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Ryo managed to win his fights without too much difficulty.

***

Ryo got to watch to Rin and Yuan get as close to sex as they could without taking their clothes off (Yuanjun's modesty, not Rin's, of course) on the ride back to hotel.

Too bad he was boring.

***

Chiyo met you all in a different inn on the other side of town. The gorgeous Kunoichi was wearing a skimpy number that reminded you of Yuanjun or Yoko's outfit and leaning against the wall in her room, her fox mask hanging off her sheathed nodachi.

"You kids want to explain what the fuck happened last night?" She drawled, her disappointment and disdain evident in her voice.

Alexander_Hamilton
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
"You seem to already know," said Haru, his voice neutral.

Kodos
01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
"I'll let that slide because she likes you. If she didn't, I'd be kicking your ass right now." Chiyo glared at Haru. "Sass me again and I may forget that she likes you."

"I am pretty sure I already know how badly you all fucked this one up, but I want to it hear it from you. Taking some responsibility may make you all suck less. And some of the details I have been told may be wrong. Let's hear it."

Regantor
01-20-2011, 09:47 PM
In an uncharacteristically protective move, Shari placed herself slightly infront of Haru and blocked Chiyo's line of sight. "The enemy was of a totally differant breed than we were expecting... Certain elements were not prepared for this..."

Her voice was polite but stern, like talking to a war general rather than a barely-dress beautiful woman. "I do take responsibility, however. The infiltration should have taken such circumstances into account. Jian has me to thank for not predicting they would follow us using some form of magic, also."

Kodos
01-20-2011, 09:57 PM
"What's that? You say that it's possible the evil cult that has been getting paid in magical items may have used magic to track you all back to your inn? You don't say!?" Chiyo shouted with mock surprise before smacking Shari upside the head. "Use your fucking brain! Rin keeps you around because of your talents, fucking use them!"

She sighed before leaning back against the wall again. "Despite your spectacular failure the other night Rin wishes you to continue your investigations. "That priest you met last night, and back in Shibayama. I've managed to find out where he is tonight. He's at a slaughterhouse in this part of town. You're going to capture him, if possible, or kill if him it's impossible. Whoever he is he's obviously fairly high up in this conspiracy."

"You idiots think you can handle that?"

Alexander_Hamilton
01-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Haru made a soft noise, like an irritated clucking of his tongue, and cast his eyes towards the other members of the group, reluctant to open his mouth.

Regantor
01-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Shari grimaced at the slap but didn't really react, or even hold animosity. Chiyo was certainly making it obvious why she didn't send her personal flunkies to do the job, through, so the solid monk figured she'd play the angle herself. "You haven't lost anything personal or valuable, miss Chiyo. We are just mercenaries. Please remain contented."

"We have the enemies' terms now, at least, so this next mission will be differant. Totally differant..."

At that moment, she shot Haru at little look that might as well have been her saying "Sorry in advance."

Kodos
01-20-2011, 11:31 PM
"Rin has put me in charge of you morons, so your fuck-ups become my responsibility. And you cost me my time which is very valuable. I, unlike you, am able to complete tasks, simple or otherwise, without majorly fucking things up. You, clearly, are not."

"And yes, Shari, you are just a mercenary, aren't you? Not a very good one, I gather, though. Lovely scars, by the way." Chiyo smirked.

"Any questions from you lot before I send you off?"

Alexander_Hamilton
01-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Haru's gaze met Shari's, but his expression was as impenetrable a ever. His attention returned to Chiyo. "I find your rudeness most distasteful, Miss," he said breathily, sighing as he spoke. As always, there was no overt emotion in the sentence, but, if one listened carefully, hidden under the syllables was something that sounded a great deal like disdain.

Kodos
01-20-2011, 11:48 PM
"Are you going to do anything about it? No? Then shut up." She said flatly to Haru. "I'm not here to coddle you, I'm here to give you all Rin's instructions and to somehow try and get you all to execute these instructions without seriously fucking up."

Alexander_Hamilton
01-21-2011, 12:13 AM
"I fail to see how intentionally antagonizing us accomplishes any of your purposes, unless your purposes include venting anger, gratuitously asserting power over others, or making allies less inclined to work faithfully with and for you." Haru waved a hand dismissively. "I have no questions."

Kodos
01-21-2011, 02:11 AM
Chiyo moved with the speed and grace you'd expect of someone in her profession, and then some. In an instant she had punched Haru in the face, surprisingly hard. She was a lot stronger than she looked.

"I told you not to fucking sass me." She stated simply, giving Shari another glare. "And tomorrow is the last day of the tournament. This is our last night here so it's very important you idiots don't fuck this one up too."

Alexander_Hamilton
01-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Haru staggered backward, but quickly righted himself, one hand pressed to the side of his face. He looked down, and a shudder passed though his shoulders, either from pain or repressed laughter. The hand fell back, revealing a huge red contusion along his cheekbone. Haru smiled at no one in particular, amused by his own thoughts.

zizi
01-21-2011, 07:53 AM
Kai clenched his jaw, and said carefully and softly, "Chiyo, we lost a team member yesterday. Two, if Hei still feels unable to continue. We aren't trying to sass you, or make your life difficult. Assulting Haru and Shari and insulting us is hardly going to do anything other than piss everyone off. We're on the same side here."

He sighed, and pinched the bridge of his nose as he frowned. "We should have been on our guard more. That is undeniable. But they can't have just follwed us back to the inn; they knew who we were and who we worked for. We weren't just some random intruders to them."

He briefly outlined what he'd seen there, the priest in the central shrine who stood unnaturally still and spoke like an alien. "He was being controlled, I'm sure. He had this feeling...this wrongness about him. The same as the monolith I recovered-" He paused for a second faceless lumps of rotting flesh oh gods and composed himself- "and as that... fish...thing we encountered. It was the hooded thing controlling him. It was there, in the kannushi's quarters. Shrouded in darkness that my light couldn't penitrate at all- as if there was no light, even though there was heat."

He finished and shrugged. "There's something terrible going on here Chiyo. And antagonising each other isn't going to help us deal with that. Of course you're not supposed to coddle us, so why don't you give us the instructions so we can work out a way of proceeding without fucking up?"

Kodos
01-21-2011, 08:00 AM
"There's something terrible going on everywhere." Chiyo said, clearly talking more to herself than to Kai."

She shoved a map with the slaughterhouse in question circled on it rudely into Kai's hands. "I've got work of my own to see to. You kids better not fuck this up." She growled, putting on her fox mask and giving Shari a hard shove on her way out.

***

The slaughterhouse was a smelly building towards the outskirts of the city. The building wasn't very tall, but it was otherwise fairly large, as you might expect. There was a pair of large doors in front for people and, you imagined, there was probably a larger pair in back for animals to be led in. A few windows towards the front, but less towards the back. More people might go vegetarian if they saw what actually went on in a slaughterhouse.

You could feel it. It was here. Inside. Somewhere.

Regantor
01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
For some reason tonight seemed all the colder, despite the composure of the sky remaining the same as the night before. All Shari could think about was how bad luck was already pulling her back in; There had been no message from Oboro's aide after all, and now she was going into a building controlled by enemies they still knew next to nothing about. "Just another beautiful day, huh?..."

"Well... We lived yesterday, at least." She spoke with a hush to the others, whilst reviewing the building from a distance. "What do you say about using the same formation?... I keep Haru alive, and you be our eyes, Kai?... Erm, except, this time we stay close. Real close, enough for me to counterattack if one of us is spotted."

There wasn't any fear in her tone, but a certain anxious jitter was building in her muscles as the feirce woman put herself in a more savage state of mind.

Duskyduck
01-24-2011, 08:42 AM
"I don't feel well around this place." Hei hopped down silently amongst the group. "Chiyo decided you all might need all the help you can have - so she let me in on this"

"I'll go with Kai. Back each other up, in case we stray too far"

Hei came with a bit of guilt, but as much motivation in redeeming herself. She didn't want to fuck up time after time. "I'm in good hands. Let's pull this of off, guys" she finished, with a smile directed at Shari.

Regantor
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Shari just raised one of her rough eyebrows and glared at Hei for a second.

"...Fine, whatever." The monk broke contact and scratched her head. Her voice reeked of a million insults, but she didn't choose to let any of them out here and now. "Just don't bring anything down on yourself."

-'Cause I'm not going to bale you out if I can help it. Shari added mentally. She's lovely like that.

zizi
01-25-2011, 01:29 PM
"Nobody feels well here. There's a... thing inside there that... emits this feeling. It can control people." He looked at Hei seriously, "I'll need some support, but you're to hang behind me. I can go ethereal. You can't. We don't know anything about that hooded thing and we don't need anyone in unnecessary danger. So, hang behind me." He frowned at the building. "Hei, could you scout the building to see any way in?"

Regantor
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Shari's mouth jolted into a grimace as Kai suggested including Hei so closely in the plan, protecting himself in specific. She could hardly baby the veteran ninja and reject the idea, through, so she just gave him a firm palm on the back, and then went to have a look at the building's enterances personally.

Careful not to take any dumb risks in light areas or stand on anything noisy, Shari made her way to just outside of the building's alotment and examined the doorways from afar.

Spot Check;

1d20+8=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2858308/)

Kodos
01-26-2011, 08:05 PM
There were a few windows along the front and sides of the building, but they were all too small to fit even a Halfling or child, and too high to allow for easy peeking. The only apparent entrances were the front doors and the door for the animals which doubtless existed in back.

Shari could not see anyone around. Even animals. There were no birds in sight, neither any stray cats, nor any foxes. Just the horrible, alien, presence.

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 01:19 AM
"I can actually slip inside through the shadows...so me and Kai can try to scout inside first." Hei gave Kai a miffed faced. "I've learned a few tricks of my own, Kai. You're not the only one who can walk through walls now"

"Should we start?"


Just saying, Hei can use shadow jump now

zizi
01-27-2011, 07:31 AM
Kai rolled his eyes, "Hei, you aren't listening.

It's not about accessibility, it's about the fact that that thing was controlling the priest from a different room, in impenetrable darkness, and was able to see. It must be useing some other sense to see with. Telepathy, maybe? Something that no matter how good at hiding you are it'll still 'see' because you'll still be there. When I'm etheral I'm not actually in the room. It's... complicated. I'm not patronising you. If this was an ordinary surveillance mission then you'd be more use than me. But you weren't there, Hei. You didn't feel it, didn't see the way that priest was controlled. You didn't feel the monolith."(faceless...rotting) "I'm not being condecending, I'm being cautious." He smiled weakly, "Ninja you know. Caution is an occupational hazard."

After a second, he nodded. "Okay. Hei and I will go in through the animal doors and check if the coast is clear. Then Hei- you don't have a daily limit on your talents do you? I'm wary of running out of ki- or I can come and let you in." He hesitated, then nodded to himself."Okay Hei, you won't be able to sense me or knwo where I am, but when/if the coast is clear I'll rematerialise."

With that he went etheral and went through the animal doors.

Kodos
01-27-2011, 08:44 AM
It was dark in here. Completely, totally, and utterly dark.

And It was in here, with him.

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Hei took that as a mild offense, being the Hei she is, and all...

Circumstances convinced her otherwise, though, and she didn't push it any further. "Alright. I suppose you know more than me...I'm sorry. I'll hang behind. I can see in the dark well, so if it's possible I'd like to have line of sight of you all the time while you're material. Could that be reasonably arranged?"

"I'd hate to be helpless if you're in trouble..." she finished with a murmur.

Well, shoot. Kai went ahead.

Hei skipped into the dark, and reappeared in a cloud of shadowy vapors inside the slaughter house. As the sense of growing dread washed over her, she almost regretted being so confident.

Kodos
01-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Hei couldn't see anything. At all. But It was in here, with her. She felt It. It was horrible.

And it knew she was here.

It was raping her mind. She could feel it. Horrific tendrils of mental energy scratching, tearing, pulling. She wanted to scream. To vomit. To curl in a ball, cry, and never face It again. Somehow, summoning every ounce of willpower she had, Hei managed to resist it, to repel the horrible, horrible, presence in her mind.

(1d20+5=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859033/) Hei failed originally, but nailed the re-roll

A voice came out from the darkness now. A woman's. It was calm, reassuring, and compassionate.

"I am sorry for that. I detected your presence and was alarmed. No insult nor injury was intended. You have my apologies."

"I mean you no harm. I am here to help. Please lay down your weapons and I shall be happy to answer your questions."

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Hei wanted to scream for help. But the fear gripped her hard, and she dared not to make any sudden burst of noise or movement. She slowly, with her trembling lips, spoke to the voice.

At least it was better than silence...

"I don't know ...w..what you're pulling. But..I'm haven't fal..fallen for your tricks."

Kai....Kai!....

She produced her weapon from the ring on her hand, ready to blindly lash it out if need be. She needs to get out of here...

Kodos
01-27-2011, 09:55 AM
It was closer to her, now, she could tell.

"There is no trick, my child. I know you are scared, and I am sorry about that. My true form is something you would find even more horrifying, however, and thus I remain hidden to save you from that fear. This woman has graciously offered herself to serve as my mouthpiece."

"I know you are scared, but look at things logically; you are in total darkness and cannot see me. I can see you. If I wanted to harm you you would be powerless to stop me. I ask you to put down your weapons as a show of good faith, so that I know you are someone I can reason with. I only want to help you."

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but the place reeks. It is a slaughterhouse. Hei, make a fort save against being sickened/nauseous. DC15. And get on AIM!

zizi
01-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Shit fuck it even reasoned like the fish thing in the pond.

Fuck it's logic. It could obviously see or otherwise sense them, and Kai would bet his life this woman was no more a 'willing mouthpiece' than the Princess had been.

'Show of good faith'. He'd heard that bullshit before and it stank.

Listen (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859080/)
Sense motive (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859087/)

Kodos
01-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Kai could hear the thing was getting closer to Hei. Being in total darkness, he had only audio cues to go by, and that was not enough to tell if the woman - or, rather, whatever horror was speaking through her - was lying.

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Resist Sicken/Nauseous 1d20+5=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859093/) SUCCESS

If anything...I might be able to buy some time for Kai to find out more...

"She's a slave. Stop with the mild words. I'm not buying into any of your 'goodwill'"

Hei did not let go of her weapon.

Kodos
01-27-2011, 10:27 AM
"Your fear and mistrust is understandable, but misguided.
We're not here to hurt you. We're here to save you. We have travelled long and far to save you from yourselves. You have so much potential, but you are on the brink of complete disaster. You are at constant war and living with a disease you cannot cure.
Some of you wallow in excess while others struggle to eat enough to even survive. The rich grow richer, while the poor grow poorer. Your leaders are more often than not chosen not by merit or popularity, but by having the good fortune of being the children of previous leaders. You live in an madhouse of your own making and yet what most disturbs us is that although you are fully aware of your situation and actions and are in a place to do something about it, you do not. We wish you no harm, and we desire no bloodhsed, but we will do that which must be done to save you from yourselves. We have everything you have ever dreamed of and things you cannot even imagine. You need never suffer again.
All this and more we offer freely unto you. We ask nothing in return. All that we desire is that you allow us to help you.
Your days of poverty, hardship, disease, and misery are over. The new dawn is at hand, and it is so much brighter than anything you can possibly imagine."

Kai could hear it, and Hei could feel it, it was getting closer.

"All you have to do, my child, is trust us. If you would like, as a show of good will, I will release my telepathic connection with this woman. She will be able to tell you, herself, that what I have said is true. If I had wanted you dead, you would already be dead. I am here to help you, not to hurt you."

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
"That's a promising offer" Hei replied, with careful words. She did not know what It was capable of...nor did she want to provoke it to...violate...her again.

"But no deals until I can ensure the woman's safety."

zizi
01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Kai swore. Fuck fuck FUCK this was the information they needed. What was it, what did it want?

He steeled himself and became corporeal.

Anticapatory will save= 33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859105/)

Fort save= 24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859109/)

Kodos
01-27-2011, 10:41 AM
The woman gave a sigh. You could hear her shaking her head. "H-hello? My name's Asuka... I am a kunoichi working for Shingen Yagyu. I'm sorry, I'm... I'm a bit disoriented. It's not painful, the mental interface, but it's very disorienting whenever he assumes control or relinquishes it. All the memories come flooding back. It's a funny feeling."

"It's all true, though. They are here to help us. To save us from Therion, from Orochi,, and mos of all from ourselves."

"What's your name?"

If the creature was aware of Kai, it made no reaction.

zizi
01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
"What are you?" Kai interrupted.

Kodos
01-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Asuka sounded surprised at Kai's interruption. "Hello? I can't see you, I'm sorry. Without his direct control I am as blind here as you both are."

"I don't understand it all, or the particulars. I don't think I'm quite qualified to answer that question. If you wish to speak to him I will allow him to regain control of my body so he can do so. But I don't want any of you all to get the wrong idea. I want this. I trust him. They wants to help us, but they need our help to do it."

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
"I'm not convinced, but I will listen" Hei said firmly.

"You have to tell us more, about why you trust them. We can't simply trust what we don't even understand"

zizi
01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
"I don't trust you. I can't even begin to try and guage if you're telling the truth based on voice alone. Let alone if you are you. Please, let 'him' 'interface' with you again."
"And I ask you, interfacer. What are you?"

Kodos
01-27-2011, 11:00 AM
There was a sighing sound and some gagging.

"Apologies. She is unharmed. It is simply a bit of a shock for the body."

"I showed her things. The Truth." It explained. "My kind are difficult to explain. We were once different than we are now. I, myself, was once a Human. We have undergone a transformation that is both physical and mental and in doing so attained a state of heightened awareness as well as great power. From my point of view this existence is vastly superior to Human existence, but naturally I would thing that. In the coming dawn this transformation will be made available to all who wish it, although none shall have it forced upon them."

"Think of me as the next stage of Human existence."

"But more importantly than that, I am a friend. I am here to help you."

"Will you tell me your names? Who sent you? Pardon my frankness, but it is not normal for ninja to sneak into abattoirs in the dead of night. Clearly you were sent here and for some purpose. What and by who?"

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 11:09 AM
"My name is Hei. I bear no family name. What is yours? Fair trade"

Kodos
01-27-2011, 11:15 AM
"Amongst my own kind I am known as Uxalu."

"Who sent you, Hei? All is not as it seems. Therion is the greatest, but not the only threat to the continued existence of this plane and free life within it. I have been working with the Yagyu to help them combat the threat posed by the cult of Orochi as well as other Demonic threats, such as those which have infiltrated much of Kusanagi and Daitoshi."

"Therion intends to destroy this entire plane. Eager for destruction and chaos, and ever opportunistic, many of the powers of the Abyss, old and new, have thrown their lot in with him."

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 11:23 AM
"It seems I can't get much from knowing who sent you, since clearly your kin shares a common goal. I assume."

"And we were sent here to investigate, and we need to know what you are doing here. You say you help combat the cult, but why we've encountered a power very close to yours in the lair of those very cultists. Are you lying?"

Kodos
01-27-2011, 11:27 AM
"There are wheels within wheels, plans within plans. The workings of my kind are complex and manifold. Often it is efficacious to give aid to the very forces you wish to destroy."

"We have given aid to the cult of Orochi because we seek to destroy them."

"Others understand this principle and use it as well. All is not as it seems. It is highly probable that whoever sent you is not who they seem. I estimate that it is 70% likely, or greater, that you are working for either the Demoness who has usurped the throne of Kusanagi, or the Horned Society."

Regantor
01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
"...Shit." Shari exclamed simply. "There goes the plan again... Haru, please keep yourself safe out here. I'll light a torch inside the building if things really go to hell."

Thudding across the decrepid alotment and placing her back adjacent to the animal doors, she listened for any signs of conversation or movement directly within.

Listen check
1d20+9=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859153/)
It would be nice to know if she could hear Hei, Asuka and Kai talking, too. :o

Kodos
01-27-2011, 11:33 AM
She can hear them through the doors now. :D

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 11:36 AM
"Then by that very principle, I cant trust you, either. How do we work that out? Blind faith? If you're so smart, then surely you have some ways...some methods to receive my trust."

Kodos
01-27-2011, 11:39 AM
"The only way is by showing you what it is I showed her. Doing so would require I interface directly with your mind. If you would allow me to access your mind then all will be clear."

"The sensation is unpleasant in the extreme, but harmless."

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 11:47 AM
"And I will have no way to be sure you won't simply wipe off my mind...." Hei considered it, to her surprise. She recalled the sensation, but if it meant learning so much more about this ...'thing'...

Regantor
01-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Shari just stayed where she was and held her ear against the wall more closely now. No point in waisting the position that Hei had gotten herself into, after all. Mightawise let her grill. I'd expect nothing else for myself.

Still, the things that the strange woman was saying reminded Shari of several old rumours from her home region, but the exact people involved she couldn't quite recall here and now. What exactly did "interfacing" involve? Would the information gained be worth damaging Hei, or was it just a straight-cut peice of tactical trickery?

One hand pulled the rusty doors slightly ajar, but the ferocious monk didn't choose to move just yet.

Kodos
01-27-2011, 11:50 AM
"And thus we are at an impasse. And yet, as I have repeatedly stated, you are at my mercy. Your continued wellbeing should be sign enough that I mean you both no harm."

"Or we can continue along conventional means. Who has sent you? And why?"

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 11:58 AM
"I...will let you"

"But...be gentle. . ."

He spiked chain returned into the ring. Hei closed her eyes and clenched her fingers tight. She braced for whatever was to come, knowing that it would all be the same. And much worst than anything she had felt before.

But if it meant answers...

Regantor
01-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Shari hammered the doors open, intentionally making the least descrete enterance possible.

"Hold on, you fucking idiotic child!" The brawny monk roared and paced her way into the darkness. "If you let that thing into your mind it will know who we are!"

Kodos
01-27-2011, 12:06 PM
It was in her mind once more.

There were no words for the horror.

She wanted to vomit but found she could not. She could feel it. Tendrils of psionic horror crawling over every inch of her mind. It was rape. It was violating her like nothing she could ever imagine. Her every thought was now its thoughts. It was beating her mind down. Beating her into submission.

In an instant, she knew it had all been lies.

Hei could not blink, could not cry, could not scream or shout. Her body was now the horror's puppet.

***

It spoke to her, now, directly into her brain. It's voice was soft, calm, clear, and dressed in horror. There were no words. Every mental syllable was a fresh and new assault on her being and no matter how much she raged and screamed in silence, she found herself unable to resist answering it.

H̡̖̏͆̅̑̐̔ŏ̟͍͙͍̥ͧͩ̊ͣ͊̚͢ẇ̷̦͚̰͔͓ͮ̍̈́̈́͘ ͔͕̭ͬ̔ͣͬͫ͒͆͛͌͡m̶̝ͥ̀͆ͪ̓̒a̝͉̯̐͌̉͒̿ͭ̍̅͠n̜͈̈́ͤy̛̰̪͔̍̅̒̀͜ ͔̞͙ ͇̜͖͕͉̜̑̅̔ͤͩỏ̵̦̙̓̍̋̏̀t̙͓͈͓̂̂ͤ͂̉̈̽ͨh̤̺͔̮͓̥͍̮ͫ̀ͨ̓̔̿̈́ ̣ě̴͚͔̫̝̫̬̘̻̋͝r̨̨̺̳͎̠̹̺̗̂̔͗̄́ͪͯs̡̻͋ͤ ̋̽͂̈́ͧ̃҉̞̪̰̟̗̪͙͎ǫ̲͖ͭ̓ͬ̅̍͗̚͠f̰̟͙̦͖ͬ͌ͣ̀̾̓̔͛́͡ ͉̺̫̲̘͉̉ͦ͐̓̇ͮͫ́y̘̼͉͇̞̭͎̖̥͊̄̇͗ͯ͟ơ͖͍̇͛ͨͮ͑ͩ͜͠u̱̮̓͌͘̕͠ ̟͕͈̖͚̩ ́̔̾̋ͯ̔̋ͫ҉̥̻̥̘a̢͎͓͍̪̬̺̐̉͒̎ͥ̎̈́͜r̸̯̱̳̲͓̹̬̈́͗͆͛ͧ͑͂̓͟͝e ͎̤̟̫̘ͧ̕͘ ̼̩̖̜͆̒͆̅t̴̨̖̰͓͈̙͙̯̂̏͌̆ͦ̄͝h̼̬͋ͤ̋̚e̷͔̝͕ͬ͋ͧ̉̚͘ṙ͓̭̒̀͝ ̟̙͈͇̲͙ě̶̢̩̱ͯ͜?̡͚͍̟̯̯̄̒ͫ͘̕
̛̹̘̳̮̓̅̓ͫͭ̔̚
"̸̡̫̬͇ͯ̀ͧ͞Three others here. Three more elsewhere."
̟̞̼͕̯̩ͫ͊ͯ́
̡͔̔̈́̓W͌ͧ̾͏̣̯h̢̖̦̙̰̤̦̫̻ͭ̏̈́͢͠a͒̎̍͆ͫ̀ͥ҉͎͉̞̣̝̤̀͢t̔̽̽̃̌ ̵͇̤̳͍͔͕̬ ̻̭̓ͮ̇̌̓̌͆̌ͨ́a͚̜̹ͣ̓̚͞r̵̢͍̫͍̘͇̗ͬ͝ͅe͔͎͓̟̼̞̝̱ͪ͛̋͊̆͂̓̀̚ ̱ ̸̠̖̬̓̌̾ͬ̄ͥ̒ͫt̫̤̜͔̠̤̞́̎ͩ̒̑ͧͥ̂h̞̮͈̟̝̩̥̥̀ͣ͘ĕ̷̞̫͂̎̊̄͗ i̹̬̬͓̬̇̕ȑ̍͋̐ͣ̄҉͏̥͖͔̮́ ̼͖͍̝̗͙̱̇̊͂̅̈̋́n̡̨̗̺̜̪̞͙͈̺̜̒̑͐ͣ͒ͪͬ̌a̼̥̝̞̯͎̯̓̂͒ͯͯͮ̃͘ ̺m̈͋ͤ̾̐̓͆̾̓̕҉̟e̊͊͛ͮ̆ͧ̏ͫ҉̞̝̥͈s̝̭̰̾̅ͭͫ̉͢͠?̯͎̏̉̒ͯ ̲̝ ̶̢͊ͪ͌ͭͤ̑̈ͥ͌҉͓̘͖̟͖̗W̸̩͓̩ͩ́́̓̈́͑ͯ̏ȟ̃̂͏͔̥͓͖o͂ͤ̉ͩͬ ̛̝̻͊ ͈͕̠̄͊̍͒̒͐̉̚̕͢͠i̭̗̼̻͕ͫ̎ͪ̉͗͒͆̿̿s̻͇̠̪̝̫͍͓̘̃ͯ̇ ̨͍͙̘ͦ͑̐́͝͡t̢̙̮̃̍̾̿ͧ̓̾h͉͍̣͍͇͐̒͞e̸̗͎̤ͧͬͤ̈ͅ ̶͕̼̳̜͖̮ͭ̉͌͊̆̿ḿ̡̧̭͇ͭͯͦ̽̈͝ă̶̸̱͚̞ͭ̌̐͛̂l͈̤̥̲̔͂͗ͥ̀̚e̎ ͖̮̙̩̦͎̔̑͒ͮͅ ̴͕͖͇̣̼̞̠͎̾̂̕Ḫ̛̝̼̹̪͕̘ͧͨͨ̌ũͨ͏̵̪͖̟mͯ̇͑͒ͩͯͩ̄ͤ̕͏̲̥̬͖̰ ̭̤a̵̙̥̘͛͋̋̌̇́n͇̭͖͈̻̂̍ͬͧͮ̇ ̯̗͉͎ͧ͝iͩͫ̐̿ͥ̓̍҉̡̹̤̤̪͕̣̕n̨̎̿ͫ҉̠̱̪̥̳͚̝̀ ̱̹͌̓̀̆͑́h̶̖̭͇̦͈̦̓͆̃̀͞ȅ̸̘̥̲̥̝̞̘̏̋͂ͩͯr̗͎͎͊͗ͦͤ͜eͧ́̈́͆ ̢̧͎̲̗͍̞͎͎͍̰ ͔̦̙͖̘̞̙̹ͧ͊̇ͮ̎ͥ̃̋ẁ̷̢͙̤̟̲̖̝̿̌̊ȉ̖̼̗̔ͅͅͅt̳̫̪̯̄̏͛͒ͦ͞ͅ ̝h̡̠̠ͬͫͭ̕͢ ̶̭̯͈̣̀̚u̶͇̬̲̲̫̳̰̓̓̏̓ͭͤ͞s̠̳̩̮͔̙̘̞̲̓̉͐ͮ͟?̨̛̫ͭ̒ͤ̈́ ̜̲
̢̟̩͉̻͇̳̗ͪͬ̍͐ͥ̒͘ͅ
͈̰̞͕͚͉͙̯ͧ̿͝"Kai Morioka, the male in here with us. Shari Tsunzaku, the female Monk with heavy scars. Haru, the Druid.
̢̭͇̬͔̞̮̩̘̠̑͂̂ͪͫͪ̽
͉̪̜̻̱̘͙̿ͪͨ̒̽͗̂́́͢W̵̦̟̼̒̋̔̊ͦͯ̊̀h̴̩͕̤̀̊ͪ̔ͣͬ̈ͮ͠͡ỏ̹͊̕ ͕̙̟̯̲ ͕̪͚̯̭͈̼̂̋ͥ̆s͓̤͔͈ͩ͛̾̀̎͠͡e̺̠̤̖̻̐͒ͬ͊ͩ͆͐̓n̨̡̬̻̦̳͈͊͝tͪ͐ ͖̩̫͔̰̮̓ͦ̏̅ͦ̚͘ ̥̯̳͕̣̠̞̞ͬ̀̕ȳ̡̖̺̒͜͢o̮̺͛́ͩ̌͒̕͟u̵͚̳̠͚͙̐͒̋̓̿̊͊ͪ̉ͅ?͆͒̉ ̢̯̱̜̟ͥ͋ͯ́̚͝

"Rin Shiranui."

***

"Shari, Kai, it's alright. It only knows what I am willing to let it know. I know what I'm doing. We can trust him."

Duskyduck
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
If there was anything she regretted, it was this.

Hei screamed. And her screamed echoed. And echoed.

She screamed more, but that only added to the multitude of her own voice bolting back at her. Until it all became unbearable, so...so unbearable...and she thought she could stop.

But it was terrifying, and with every ounce of her efforts, she screamed. Trying to blanket herself with her own voice. So that it wont reach her.

Anything but that.

But it did. And she screamed.

I'm so sorry

Help

Regantor
01-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Shari halted at the sound of Hei's voice, and instantly changed into a defensive stance. "...Too... too late..."

The only thing stopping her from knocking Hei out in desperation was the prevailing darkness. Eyes wide open, she just lit the torch attached to her belt and hurled it into the center of the building.

"I couldn't care less how honest it's being! You have loyalties, remember?..."

There wasn't much more of an option left in Shari's mind now other than finding the thing and killing it. She couldn't let the enemy know they were attached to Rin, even if it meant her life.

Spot Check
1d20+8=12 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859197/)

Kodos
01-27-2011, 12:31 PM
The torch was lit but seemed to illuminate nothing. The darkness in here was clearly supernatural in origin.

"Shari! I am being loyal! We can trust it! It knows nothing! I'm getting information! Calm down... please?" 'Hei' shouted.

"Friends, please. Be calm. I do not wish anyone to come to harm. We are all rational beings - there is no need for anyone to get excited." 'Asuka' said.

Hei began to move towards Shari. Clumsily by the sounds of it. "There is no need for concern. You all may leave. I have given Hei the information she needs. She can explain it all to you outside, if you so wish. I shall remain in here with Asuka should you wish to speak to us."

***

K̢̛̫̮͕͉̭̲͓͗ȋ̵̷̦̬͈̝̭͊͂́̔͋l̵̡̗̟̰͈̋́̿̅̅l̞̘̞̪͍̱̓ͬ̇͌̉̏ ̳̞ ̛̣̠̺̪̭͈̘͑ͨ̒ͯ̆ͩ̃͌ͅt͖̪̗͈̠͈̠͛ͯ̌͒ͭ̊͐̊̀h̢̺̲̞͕̙̱̀ͬ͊̈́̌̌͂ͧ e̡̧̝̹͍̳͙̤̬̟̺̐ ͎̦͚ͧ̉̇̄ͩ̈̇f̧͈̆ͪ͛̍̕e̴̝̠̓̈ͯ͊ͯ̄͗͂ͥ͞m͖͉̯̔̐͑̒͌́̀̕a̷ͧ͌͋͢ ̟̦̟̘lͯ̇ͣ͑̽̀ͦ͏̵͇ē͎̭͖̋͊ͣ͗͞.̷̱̥̻̠ͤ̑̎̉̃ͩ̉͡


As much as she tried (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2859199/) Hei found she could not resist the creature's control, her body moving towards Shari in the darkness.

Regantor
01-27-2011, 12:58 PM
It was impossible to know if the creature (or by extention, possibly Hei) could locate them in the unnatural dark, so Shari just hunkered down and prepared to counter-attack whatever reached her first.

"Ninja?" Her voice was low and controlled, but with an edge of animalistic fury that betrayed the fact she didn't perticularly mind the idea of hurting Hei at the minute... Regardless of weither she was in control of her actions or not. "Please see if you can find it. We need to clean house."

Defensive Stance (+4 AC)

zizi
01-29-2011, 08:40 AM
(Listen (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2861938/))

Kai hissed and circled behind Shari, pinpointing her location by sound, cursing Hei in his mind. She was such a fucking child, and a stupid one too. Why would you ever, ever trust something with no proof, without being able to sense what it was?

He didn't belive Hei was Hei anymore.
Hei was not clumsy. Hei moved with silence and deadly grace. This thing was clumsy, this thing with Hei's voice.

(A vaugue memory- Mio had said something about domination, Mizunokuni- perhaps this was that, all evidence suggested it could be... they needed to talk to Rin)

He reached out an arm and touched Shari's shoulder. "We should go outside to talk this through. All three of us. Hei can tell us what's going on."

"They were able to find us before, and they already knew who we were working for," He added in an undertone, "Cleaning house would be pointless, things are too messy already. It would be better to look after our friend and then go and report to our masters."

Regantor
01-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Shari was strung so tightly she nearly threw a punch towards the person touching her shoulder, but then halted at the last moment as she realised it was Kai's voice in accompaniment. Just the smell of this damn place is making me crazy... Gotta keep my head on straight...

The list of options rolled through the monk's mind sporadically until she eventually conceeded to Kai; He had a point that the vile thing already knew who they where. She also couldn't know for sure if the creature was even in the same building, considering the disturbing nature of it's powers...

"...You... You have a point..." She replied simply, with a husky shrug.

Keeping her defences up and her eyes uselessly open, Shari began to back out of the doors slowly.

Kodos
01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
They both felt it. It was in their heads. Screaming and raging and scratching and clawing and biting and smashing. The noise was unbearable.

Shari was able to resist the horrible mental assault,but barely (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862108/). Kai (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862110/) resisted by an even narrower margin. Both warriors, even the hulking Shari, found themselves wanting to vomit, to cry, to scream and curl up from the assault. It was beyond words.

Silent save for the sound of her footsteps, Hei threw herself upon Shari, striking (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862112/) the large Monk with a sudden sneak attack.

21 Damages to Shari (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862114/)

It was entirely silent save for the sound of the violence. No battle cries. No taunts. No screams of feral rage. Just silence.

***

Haru, waiting out front, saw the front doors burst open. It was the priest they had met before. "Come inside, quickly! No time to explain! Your friends are in danger and need your help, now!"

***

The Horror continued to assault Hei with an endless sequence of questions which she could not help but answer. Already so many secrets had been forcefully pried from her mind.

And the Horror. It defied words. It was so terrible. So ancient. It made her soul sick.

And she could only watch as the creature turned her skills against her allies.

She could not even cry.

Shari failed her will save initially. I assume Reg would want to use his one re-roll and did so. Same with Kai.
No map or initiative until you get outside (IE This turn)

Regantor
01-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Unable to tell if her eyes were open or closed in the overwhelming black, Shari's tortured mind superimposed all kinds of terrible false imagery onto her senses. There was no room to think, no room to breathe. Years of training were driven out of her agonized head in an instant. For a second it seemed she was thrashing through a sea of black worms, then the notion of being a blind madman, locked in a room for centuries. Who was she? The country strong-girl... No, a failed, weak imposter... Cut to ribbons on her master's floor. Kept alive 'cause they wont kill her.... They should and she wants it but they won't and it hurts...

A splinter of new pain errupted through her left thigh. Was it real? Kill it.

Shari swung a taloned hand, howling at the top of her lungs like a mortally wounded animal, but struck nothing. Her leg continued to bleed, through, and she hung onto the sensation. It was the only way she could grasp back onto reality, even with the animalistic element in control.

Stumbling, coughing, stumbling. Light? Cobblestones. Outside.

She was alive... But who was with her?.... Mister Kai.

The torn monk violently shook the walking nightmares from her head, half trying to find her comrades, and half looking for the abomination that did this to her so she could rip it apart.

Intiative
1d20+2=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862830/)

Kodos
01-29-2011, 10:29 PM
It was dark outside, but the moonlight was enough to see It. The horror unveiled.

It was wearing the robes it had worn before, but it's face was no longer exposed. Humanoid enough, save for the three fingered hands, but at the face it all went so horribly wrong. Gods above and below, the face.

Where the face of a man should have been the creature instead had a slimy mauve visage that terminated in four long tentacles that swayed and moved gently. The creature looked out at Shari with unblinking, unfeeling, and utterly featureless white eyes.

And she knew. Somehow, gods, she knew. Those eyes had seen civilizations rise and fall, countless horrors. Countless horrors. It had watched as the gods themselves died.
And before it she was nothing. Less than nothing.

When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Every fiber of Shari's body was screaming, crying, retching. Her soul was, too. This thing was wrong. Horribly wrong. Horribly, horribly, wrong.

She recognized it from the rumors about what happened in Mizunokuni six years ago.
It was a Mind Flayer.

And Shari was afraid.

Regantor
01-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Just looking at, just acknowledging the existance of the thing before her... It sliced right through any mental defenses Shari had. No bodily torment she had ever experienced had made her consider ending her own life more than simply knowing what it was that stood before her.

Like a child, she put her hands over her eyes. Then, through clasped fingers, she helplessly glared.

Somehow (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2862852/), her stubborn soul held her body firmly in place. Somehow.

"A failure on the DC15 Will Save means you are Frightened for 2d4 rounds and shakened for the rest of the day. Success just means you are shakened for the rest of the day." -Kodos

Duskyduck
01-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Everything about Hei was thrown into a turmoil of emotional whirlwind. She tried to struggle against it. She tried, but no part of her responded.

Violating every part of her both mental and physical. Even her very soul.

Hei was trashing about in her own empty void, forcing every part of her to jerk, cry, break free - all in a vain effort of to keep her sanity, ever dwindling by the seconds. She did not want this. She had given the enemy everything secret, letting all her companions down. Even Kai.

Even Ryo.

Even...Rin.

Her mind could not hold. Even when she knew her sufferings were nothing. NOTHING compared to what she had done to jeopardize everything, she began to forget about all that.

Suffocating in a sea of black, her mind betraying herself.

Hei's consciousness deteriorated. Torn apart.

Now there was nothing but torment. Nothing but being horribly violated, over and over. And by then, she lost even a drive to break free. Or the guilt that overwhelmed her before.

Right now, there was just. . . . .

K̢̛̫̮͕͉̭̲͓͗
ȋ̵̷̦̬͈̝̭͊͂́̔͋l̵̡̗̟̰͈̋́̿̅̅l̞̘̞̪͍̱̓ͬ̇͌̉̏ ̳̞
̛̣̠̺̪̭͈̘͑ͨ̒ͯ̆ͩ̃͌ͅt͖̪̗͈̠͈̠͛ͯ̌͒ͭ̊͐̊̀h̢̺̲̀ͬ͊̈́̌̌͂ͧ ̞͕̙̱ e̡̧̝̹͍̳͙̤̬̟̺̐
͎̦͚ͧ̉̇̄ͩ̈̇f̧͈̆ͪ͛̍̕e̴̝̠̓̈ͯ͊ͯ̄͗͂ͥ͞m͖͉̯̔̐͑̒͌́̀̕aͧ ̷͌͋͢ ̟̦̟̘lͯ̇ͣ͑̽̀ͦ͏̵͇
ē͎̭͖̋͊ͣ͗͞.̷̱̥̻̠ͤ̑̎̉̃ͩ̉͡

zizi
01-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Mind Flayer

Mind Flay-

M-


(Will save= 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863514/))

He went ethereal instinctively, the sudden dulling of the onslaught slapping him like a wall. Even this slight respite was enough to sting his mind into action. He staggered outside after Shari, focused on escape.

Get Hei. Get out.

Initiative= 23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863533/)

Kodos
01-30-2011, 02:48 PM
And as Kai slipped into the Ethereal Plane, he was greeted by the unpleasant sensation of Asuka driving her nodachi into his back.

Kai had forgotten. Asuka, whatever Uxalu had done to her, was still a Kunoichi.

32 Sudden Strike damages to Kai! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863554/)
That was a readied action. Anyway, initiative!
INITIATIVE
Kai (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863567/)
Uxalu (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863568/)
Shari (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863564/)
Since Asuka and Hei are dominated, their initiative will be the same as Uxalu's.
It saves time, and it's a relatively featureless area and there's only a few people fighting, anyway. So no map unless you all really want one.

zizi
01-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Kai screamed in pain as Asuka attacked him, spinning around and counterattacking the kunoichi. Even as he did so he noticed the way she moved- devoid of sexuality, or indeed, any emotion.


Attack 1.

Attack poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863732/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863733/)

Damage= 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863706/)
x2= 16
-2= 14

Attack (2nd hand) poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863702/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863704/)

Damage= 9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863711/)
x2= 18
-2= 16


Attack 2.

Attack poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863680/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863683/)

Damage= 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863734/)
x2= 16
-2= 14

Attack (2nd hand) poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863738/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863739/)

Damage= 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863740/)
x2= 16
-2= 14


Sudden strike= 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863696/)

Total damages w/o sudden strike= 58
W/ sudden strike= 76

Kodos
01-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Asuka's bloody, smoldering, body felt to the ground, shunting back to the material as it did so.

She hadn't made a single sound. Not a single gasp, grunt, or yelp of pain.

Just silence.

***

The Mind Flayer turned its head, looking directly at Shari.
Directly into Shari.

Oh gods.
Oh gods.
It sees her.

And now it was in her head again. The noise was unbearable. So much noise. So much fear. As much as she tried to keep the scratching, tearing, probing tentacles of mental energy out, she could not.
She simply was not strong enough. (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863754/)

The noise in her head was the noise of silence. The sound of infinity. The sound of the horror before her.

It hurt.
It hurt so bad.
30 Damages to Shari (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863757/)

***

Hei brought her spiked chain up and around, swinging it twice (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863766/) into Shari's mostly bare flesh.

11 Damages to Shari (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863768/)

Regantor
01-30-2011, 05:39 PM
There wasn't time for thought. No room for logic or combat tactics, only an all-consuming, beastial rage. All Shari could gather was that the thing before her was flaying away the edges of her very persona. Maybe she could hurt it, maybe she couldn't.... but she had to try. Even if she died, she had to stay on her feet and damn well try.

It felt like a place beyond her worst nightmares, watching herself run forward out of control and swing an unconcentrated elbow towards the horrific thing's mockery of a face...

1d20+12=17 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863797/)

and hitting air again. It was too hard to concentrate. It was too hard to do anything other than howl like a rabid animal.

zizi
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Total silence, not even a grunt of pain- ignore it. Focus.

Kai whirled around, and set his sights on the Mind Fl- Thing that controlled Hei and was attacking Shari.

Could he kill it? Not in one strike but he could at least damage the fucker. It was either that or knock Hei out. No- that wasn't an option. Every second it was alive it was assaulting Shari, using Hei. Bile and white hot fury rose in his throat but he swallowed it down, pushed it away. Focus, idiot boy. (I'msorryMasterIdidn'tmean-) FOCUS.

He shifted his weight and sprinted toward the Mind Flayer Thing


Attack poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863812/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863819/)

Damage= 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863823/)
x2= 14
-2= 12
Fire damage= 3 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863827/)

Attack (2nd hand) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863828/)

Damage= 7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863829/)
-2= 5
Fire damage= 6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863834/)

Sudden strike= 24 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863835/)

Total damages= 50

Kodos
01-30-2011, 06:20 PM
The thing was clearly hurt by the attack but made no sound. It turned to Kai, now, it's featureless eyes regarding him without fear or anger.

Kai was less than nothing to it.

***

Hei silently ran at Shari, swinging her spiked chain once again into the large woman.
1d20+14=32 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863847/)

13 Damages to Shari (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863849/)

***

The Mind Flayer's eyes burned with otherworldly green light as it once again manifested some sort of psionic power.

The noise. The noise was trying to crush his mind.

Somehow he managed to fight it off. He wanted to die, but he managed to repel (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863852/) the horrible presence from his mind.

It tried again. And, again, somehow, Kai repelled it.

It felt like rape.

Regantor
01-30-2011, 06:47 PM
The masculine fighter was covered in her own blood now, but the three arcing slices dug into her back hardly seemed to register against the pain in her head. The roaring agony of having all of her memories, training and self-discipline ripped away... The periods of consiousness were becoming like stray sparks from a dwindling fire.

Her body formed a new, desperate attack on it's own, the mind only watching from afar...

Full attack-
1d20+18=29 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863875/)
1d20+10=14 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863871/)
1d20+5=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863925/)

Damage Roll-
1d10+4=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863934/)

An knee to the stomach... it's not there anymore... a weak left swing... it doesn't exist... a central strike with fingers outstretched... It connects. It's inhuman ribs are broken and strewn.

But it's not enough. Not yet.

zizi
01-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Kai screamed, the sound cutting into life as he slipped back onto the physical realm.
Eyes swimming with tears he roared, practically feral, and attacked again.


Attack 1
Attack poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863944/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863946/)
Damage= 10 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863948/)
x2= 20
-2= 18

2nd hand misses (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863953/)


Attack 2
Attack poss crit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863956/)
Crit confirmed (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863957/)
Damage= 8 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863958/)
x2= 16
-2= 14

Attack 2nd hand miss (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863961/)


Total damages= 32
Will save= 28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2863962/)

He staggered back a pace, and glanced at Shari, the across at Hei. Shit fuck this thing needed to be dead now.

Kodos
01-30-2011, 07:11 PM
The thing fell over with a dull thud, apparently dead. In the end it only made a small, low, hissing sound.

Immediately Hei could feel it's tendrils fading and vanishing, her will and body returning to her control.

***

Out front the priest who had been standing by the doors suddenly slumped forward, falling face first onto the ground. He lay there, motionless and drooling.

What the fuck.

Regantor
01-30-2011, 07:22 PM
It was like a feeling of overflowing euphoria. Waking up from century-long dream to find that you had only slept for a brief pause.

Shari stumbled into a turn and just looked at Kai blankly, too tired and confused to come up with any emotion to display. Next was Hei, who was apparently still standing... The lumbering monk grasped the tiny woman's face in both of her hands with a gentle edge, but then firmly arced her eyes uppwards into direct contact with her own.

"...Is it you?" Was the only thing she said. Despite the numerous draining wounds about her skin, Shari's voice was devoid of anger. She knew all too well what it must have been like inside of Hei's mind.

All too well.

zizi
01-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Kai closed and opened his eyes slowly, the sudden loss of that oppressive, destructive force leaving him lightheaded and dizzy.

Slowly he moved toward the felled Mind Flayer, and nudged it with a soft shoe, too dazed even to acknowledge the aftercoils of fear that rippled across his frozen mind. If anything they were a relief, their coming and going easing him back into a world where every breath wasn't laced with horror.

Shortly, he spoke. "What should we... should we take it back with us somehow? Can Lady Shiranui learn something from it?" The honorifics, scorched into his mind as a boy, slipped out at times of stress. In the same vein he forced himself to focus on the next step, the next hurdle. What now?

Duskyduck
01-31-2011, 02:32 AM
It took her a while to realize she could feel everything again. Still left in a daze, and certainly the sensation of black tendrils violating every part of her had not completely left her, Hei only stared blankly into the woman holding her up.

It took another while to realize it was Shari.

"Shari." Hei muttered, with a weak smile of great relief. "Thank gods. It's...me. It's me......"

Her smile disappeared a moment later, as memories come rushing back, realizations f the terrible thing she has done. There was no way to repent for it. No way to fix it. Hei broke down sobbing on the monk. "I'm so sorry. I can't...I don't...I'm so sorry. I told it. It made me...It knows everything....everything..."

I only thought I could be of help

"What's....what's going on?..."

Regantor
01-31-2011, 09:35 AM
"Mister Kai... killed it." Shari answered with more of the same drawling, fatigued tone. There was no getting around the fact that her own attacks were incredibly ineffective; All she really recalled doing was absorbing damage. It was probably a good thing her entire body was numb. Normally the crying woman would have made her uncomfortable, aswell, but the towering fighter was just so out of touch with her general nature that she barely reacted at all. "...Calm... Calm down, please, kid... This thing was..."

After another pause, Shari just scooped Hei up off of her feet and walked slowly back towards Kai. Not exactly comforting, but close enough considering who was doing it.

"...The gods know I just want to stomp it into a fine paste... But you're right..." Shari answered his question finally. "Which one do you want to carry?" She made a meager smile despite the fact it wasn't a joke; With her head so full of adrenaline and visceral imagery, cradling Hei wasn't particularly high on her list of favorite things right now...

It didn't need a proffessional to say that one of them had to keep an eye on her, that said.

zizi
01-31-2011, 11:06 AM
"It's dead, Hei." Kai said softly, before turning his head to look at her. She was so small, crumpled up in Shari's arms. After a second he reached out and touched her face. "You're safe now. It's dead. We... did a good job. You did a good job, Hei." He held her cheek for a few moments, before taking her spiked chain from her, tucking it behind him so she wouldn't see the blood.

Slowly he turned his head back towards Shari. He opened his mouth to say of course he'd take Hei, little sister... but closed it again, jaw clenching with sudden irritation. "I can carry it invisibly, so I suppose I should carry it. It would cause... quite a stir in town. Unless you can think of another way to conceal it?"

Regantor
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
The damn spindily monster even hurt to look at as a corpse. Shari knew it would be a dumb idea to just bag it up in something and carry it. There weren't too many things that size with a bendy part in the middle that aren't a dead body... And that was disregarding any after-effects such an alien creature could produce, too.

"I don't think so. Too many questions to answer even if they think it's a normal dead person." Letting out a slightly pained shrug, she just shook her head at the floor. "We are probally too far away from our Master's abode to signal for some help, too. Sorry."

zizi
01-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Kai nodded and sighed. "You're right. I'll carry it until just before we come within sight of other people and then I'll go ethereal. I plan on going straight to our Master with it." He hesitated for a second, gritting his teeth. "We're not supposed to link ourselves with our master in any way, but Hei should be with Ryo tonight. I don't know if there's a way to do that without throwing the mission."

Kodos
01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
And so you all headed over to Rin's hotel. Hopefully she would be more understanding than Chiyo.
Shari was off skulking, Hei went off to go be with Ryo, and Kai was alone in a room by himself. One of her ninja had taken the corpse for Kai.

Rin was looking as perfect as she always did as she sat down on the floor far too close to Kai for good manners. As ever she had no sense of personal space. "You came here even though you're not supposed to and pulled me away from my Yuanjun." She said with a little sigh. "I trust you though, so I'm sure you have good reason. What do you have for me love?"

He felt a little better around her. Rin was so carefree and so caring it helped counter the effects of the... creature.

zizi
01-31-2011, 05:12 PM
He looked at her, and moved back deliberately. "I want my family under protection." He crossed his arms, and looked at the floor. He couldn't cope with confusing feelings at the moment. "And don't give me any bull about needing to talk to the Emperor- we both know he runs the country as much as I do. We dealt with a Mind Flayer tonight. Yesterday two princesses burst in to our inn, murdered our teammate and molested both Hei and Shari. They know who we are, they know who my family is. They knew who we worked for. I want Mio and her family under your protection- brought to the palace. Kept safe."

He was suddenly, inexplicably and coldly furious. "I can't help but get the feeling important information is being kept from us. Do you know what we're up against? Do you know what you're pitting us against? Because if you do I would really like to be in on the secret. What are you, Rin? Lady Shiranui? The Mind Flayer said demon. Is that it? I don't think so. But you're not human, either, are you?" He forced himself to stop, gritting his teeth. After a second he continued, "I'm sorry, Lady Rin, if I've seemed disrespectful. I'm just... I'm just fucking terrified. For myself, for Hei, for Shari, for Mio. People I love are getting hurt."

Kodos
01-31-2011, 05:19 PM
Rin hugged Kai close and began to gently stroke his head like a mother might a child. She smelled lovely. It felt better.

"Love, I've had Mio under protection from the moment you agreed to work for me. I've had my ninja keeping her under constant surveillance. Your family is protected. If it would make you feel safer, I can arrange to have them brought back to Kusanagi once we get back."

Rin held him even tighter. "I am so sorry about what happened. And about the... abomination."

"I am the same as anyone else, Kai. We're all what we choose to be. I choose to care. The game is bigger than you know, but all you need to know is that I'm here for you. Whatever else happens, Kai, I am here for you."

"It's okay, Kai. I'm here." She sounded on the verge of tears. "I'm so sorry."

zizi
01-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Kai relaxed into her embrace the very second she admitted she'd kept Mio safe. "Yes," he said, "please ask her to come. I need her."

He closed his eyes, expecting the feelings to flood back- but nothing came. It was locked away for the moment, behind shadows too impenetrable even for light to pierce. He seized this knowledge gratefully.

"You're not, though," he began, so softly he barely noticed he'd spoken aloud, "You're not like me, Rin Shiranui. And yet, aren't we friends of sorts?

You're asking me to trust you, Rin, not just with my life but with the life of every person I care about. How can I trust you when you can't trust me?

If you can't believe I wouldn't betray you, then look at all I have done in your name. I faced a Mind Flayer and won for you, Rin."

Kodos
01-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Rin smiled. "As much as I love you, Kai, this is not quite a question of trust. You saw what that thing did to Hei. Arcane and other forms of mental domination may lack the horror and power of what that abomination did to her, but they are no less effective at getting answers." She smiled and kissed him on the forehead.

"I love you Kai, and you know that. Not the same sort of love I have for Yuanjun, but a love all the same. You are almost as clever as you are handsome, and yes, I have lied and hid things from you. I have done these things for your protection. In some ways, Kai, ignorance is your shield."

"And what do you think I am, love?" She lifted his head up to look at her and smiled. Gods, she was beautiful. "This doesn't look Human to you?"

zizi
01-31-2011, 09:34 PM
"And we killed it," he snapped, his terror and irritation overcoming the malstrom of other emotion raging in his gut. "But you know why Hei was dominated? And not me? Not Shari? Because she was ignorant. Ignorance can be a shield and I believe that it was, once, for us. But not anymore. Our ignorance could have gotten us killed; not just now, but with the Thing in the lake too. You cannot in good conscience ask us to play in this game any more, not without giving us the rules."

He pulled away from her slightly, to stare fully into her achingly beautiful face. "I was able to kill it because I was not ignorant.

Because I am not ignorant, I know you cannot be human. No human woman has ever elicited the responses you elicit from me, Rin. Not one as feminine as you, as womanly. Not ever.

So either you are using magic on me- in which case I would like to leave now and never come back, for that is a violation- or you are something other, with no real control over this hold on others. You are a good woman, Rin. I trust in that."

Kodos
01-31-2011, 10:03 PM
"You force my hand." She said with a happy little sigh. "Yuanjun knows because I love her. You'll know now because you're clever and it's refreshing to have someone call me out." She kissed him again. "You're a good man, Kai. That's why I'm telling you."

And she did.

zizi
02-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Kai sat silently for a few long moments, stunned by everything Rin had revealed. After a while he stirred, able to meet her gaze. "By the kami," he breathed, and then smiled, "what illustrious friends I have."

Kodos
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Rin smiled warmly at him, still stroking his head. "You can spend the night with me, if you'd like. I think Yuanjun will understand. And I'll keep my hands to myself if you'd like."

Regantor
02-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Shari had been pacing the hallways for a long while, intending on seeing Rin, but not really feeling like showing her face after having failed yet again. It made her feel more than just a bad friend, it made her feel like a bad investment, regardless of what they were up against. She had suspected that Kai also wanted to have a word with her about his family, but it wasn't something she found easy to talk about.

Nothing was easy to talk about any more. She was even starting to miss the days when the ninja, Haru and Hei all thought she was just a brainless chained dog. Much easier to not feel guilty when nobody is expecting you to do any better... She considered, her hefty shoulders shrugging. If we had encountered a thing like that nightmare back then, would the others have just used me to escape?... Would I have cared?...

Finally, she built up the courage to knock on the door of Rin's room.

Kodos
02-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Rin sighed and answered the door, kissing Shari before hugging her. "I'm glad you're alright."

Regantor
02-01-2011, 07:41 PM
"I'll live. Thank you, Rin, my love..." Shari spoke breifly, with a fatigued voice. She returned the affection for the sake of politeness, but clearly wasn't really feeling it tonight. Rin was of course a sparking sex godess as always, but it was kind of hard for a proffessional fighter not to become stoic after having nigh-lost a fight to a freakish unknown xeno-demon only hours earlier... "I trust Kai has told you of the most pressing matters, but I thought I should apologise personally..."

"Even through you... eh, well, hate that kind of thing." The woman made a small smirk. Straight forward as always, then.

Kodos
02-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Rin didn't bother yelling at Shari this time. "You did good. I'm proud of all of you." She said, hugging Shari tighter. "Kai told me the gist of it, yes."

zizi
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Kai glanced up as Shari came in, and shot her a hesitant smile.

Regantor
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
The towering monk slowly eased up a bit, and softly trailed a finger through Rin's glouriously silky black hair. It was easy enough to forget how crude and tainted her hands where when she had such a beautiful creature holding her closely. Taking in Kai's glance, Shari just shrugged again, affectionately stroked Rin's cheek again, then gave her a whimsical look that said "We both know you still shouldn't be treating me this well..."

Unlike Kai, she didn't have any questions or demands. "So... We are still alive. Knowing what the enemy is now, has our mission changed?"

Kodos
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
"I need time to think, and to consult with Chiyo." Rin shrugged. "Tomorrow's our last day here. Just enjoy the show. Yuanjun's going to kick ass." She gave a bi grin. "I keep hoping for a wardrobe malfunction, but it seems the gods don't look kindly on my requests." She sat back down with an exaggerated sigh.

Regantor
02-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Seems Rin didn't change either. It was good to know. Shari sat cross-legged, then cocked her head to the side with a large smirk and raised eyebrows. When she looked sideways to Kai, through, her smile dropped and she remembered the second reason why she had been apprehensive about coming in. He had really saved her life tonight, but she couldn't spit out any kind of acknowledgement. Ever since he mentioned his family to Yoko she had been a little frosty towards him, even.

"It's been... a trip." She said simply, still talking to Rin. "I guess at least tomorrow we get to see Yaunjun... erm... win very thoroughly against that disgusting wench..." She was too tired to sound angry, and indeed trying hard not to swear infront of her master, but still managed a little bitterness in that last part.

zizi
02-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Kai caught her glance, and felt the frost that flashed across her expression. He didn't know what to make of it, simply pursing his lips and looking deliberately away from her. Two could play at that game.

At the mention of Qing he winced, "We seem to be racking up an impressive list of enemies these days."

Alexander_Hamilton
02-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Haru was wandering aimlessly through the hallways, trying to process what has happened. He was furious, disgusted, and ashamed of himself for his complete uselessness through the whole sorry debacle. Not that an observer could tell as much; Haru could just as easily have been rather hungry. Of course, it was the Illithid's presence which was the most disturbing revelation of the night.

Regantor
02-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Shari was confused and felt a little pained by Kai's reaction, as much of her own fault as it may have been. Why should I be? I'm saving him from being hurt, aren't I?... Her heartbeat was rolling over heavy and slow. Shit. What should I do in a situation like this?... If I just get myself assigned to another team, that would just look like cowardice, wouldn't it?...

Shrugging deeply after a pause, the stony woman just gave into her new-found guilt and sat directly behind Kai. Weighty, warm hands embraced his shoulders softly, and then began slowly messaging out the tense knots of muscle along his back.

"It's alright, through... If nothing else, I think we have proven we can take it."

The process had her shooting a slightly embarrassed look at Rin, but Shari looked down in order to continue anyway.

Talk about mixed signals.

zizi
02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
This was... nice. Warily he allowed himself to relax and enjoy it, closing his eyes as he leant into her touch. Her rough hands were surprisingly gentle and he began to remember how her hands had touched him earlier in the day. She was bloody confusing and downright mercurial in her moods, but whatever. He could roll with it. "I hope so." He frowned slightly, mind drifting back to all that Rin had told him, "Rin, do you think the Mind Flayer had control of Yagyu? It would explain why everything he was doing was so out of character."

Kodos
02-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Rin shrugged. "Dunno. If the Illithids are controlling Shingen I would imagine that the one you killed was not the one controlling him. It seems uncharacteristically clumsy of them to leave someone controlling someone so important in such a vulnerable position. If he is being dominated, odds are the Illithid responsible is somewhere in the palace. Or somewhere else safe. Hells, it could even be in the Underdark."

She gave another shrug and paused for a moment. "Hey, let's have a threesome!"

Oh, Rin.

zizi
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM
"Um-" Kai blushed and tore himself out of Shari's grip regretfully, "with respect Rin-" didn't he just explain that femme people were never on his to do list? "I think I'll pass." He stumbled to his feet and pulled on his hair bashfully. "Thank you for you time Rin, but I think... I'll... um maybe see you back at the inn, Shari?" He bowed hurriedly to both of the women and made his way out of the room.

Regantor
02-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Shari's hands seized up at the request, then slowly lowered. "I...I-I... I don't feel that good..." Was the rather lame excuse that stuttered through her mouth. Her pink-tinted cheeks refused to lie, however, and her hands had to be removed from Kai's back in an attempt to quash the heated sensation. "Not that I would insult you by refusing your request, master, only I... I..."

This is just cruel. She thought, crossing her arms tightly. The truth was that even if sleeping with Kai for the first time whilst Rin was there wasn't weird at all, sleeping with Kai alone put far to many stones into the pit of her stomach. Shari couldn't help but think there were just too many reasons why neither of them should want to be in a five hundred foot radius of her.

Thankfully Kai left rather briskly and the situation was semi-resolved, but that somehow didn't make her feel any better about the future.

Kodos
02-03-2011, 08:46 PM
Rin gave a frown. "Oh, you're both no fun." She said with a little laugh. "I'll just have to fuck one of the guards, I guess." She said with a sigh before rising. "I'll see you all later. I'm also going to have Chiyo up the security around your place, just in case. Later, loves."

Regantor
02-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Shari raised and moved to leave prompty, but paused and looked backwards at Rin with a look of honest affection.

"Rin... I.... Th..."

An unnatural feeling boiled in her chest and she couldn't finish, but her expression remained. Rather than freeze in place, Shari chose to just keep walking and hope Rin understood.

zizi
02-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Kai made his way back to the inn.

Regantor
02-03-2011, 09:12 PM
[Fri Dec 17 2010 02:33:57 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
If the solid monk's face had been sombre previously, the events of the mission had only chosen to worsen her mood moreso. In contrast with her earlier lusting attitude towards Kai, Shari's affection had too become cold. The smell of exertion flowed about the room from her, but she did little other than sit on the bed and gaze at the opposing wall blankly.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 02:48:25 AM] emizizi:
Kai stood aimlessly in the room, unsure what to do. Shari was being markedly cool towards him and Kami- who the hell knew why. He stalked into the bathroom, suddenly irritated. Since working for Rin it seemed that nothing they did was good enough. Their various enemies- and wow, what a list they were racking up- always seemed to be a step ahead of them. He untied the sash at his waist and dropped it on the floor, kicking it behind him into a crumpled heap and letting his top gape open as he splashed water onto his face. He pulled his ponytail loose, silky hair tumbling around his shoulders. He was getting old. Sighing, he re entered the bedroom. "Shari," he said softly more as a way of breaking the silence than because he had anything much to say, "if you want me to sleep on the floor then I will. You don't have to put up with me and you don't have to explain yourself." He was thinking of Mio as he said it. She would kick him out of bed often enough when they were married. She had her reasons.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 02:33:57 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
Shari looked at his face and then his exposed chest with her glazed-over eyes, before arcing her eyes quickly back along the floor and towards the oppisate direction. "...You didn't tell me before... and... I couldn't have even..." Her voice was coarse and unfeeling, typical for when she was trying not to expose something. "This is really fucked up... No, no, that's wrong, I really fucked this all up... and I did it smiling and all... I can't..." Still sitting crossed-legged with thumbs held point to point, she considered the ramifications of everything she wanted to say to him. Bodily pain was always welcomed because she felt it could make her stronger in the future, but this kind of emmotional turmoil just reminded her of how pathetic she had been in the past. Kai's eyes were like needles. The idea that she could cause guilt in him was a thing that ate away at her stomach like nothing else. Springing to her feet, Shari suddenly marched to the doorway before stopping just adjacent.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 02:33:57 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"..I...I don't know what I'd do without your affection... but..." The monk spoke in a low, sour tone with her back still turned. It was deeper and more raw than she had ever exposed to him previously, to the point that her shoulders were quivering under the weight of some hideous knowlage. "It's just so... wrong... It's selfish, but I just can't do it."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 03:14:18 AM] emizizi:
"Shari... I don't understand." He spoke softly, and placed a hand gently on her shoulder, absently stroking the back of her neck. "You're not making any sense. Can't do what?" He stepped closer, wanting to use physicality to explain what his words failed to communicate. "What on earth could you possibly say to make me feel any different about you?"

[Fri Dec 17 2010 02:33:57 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
Feeling his rough hands against the vunerable area of her spine had her convulse for a pace, then turn around and slap his offending arm away. Before the cumbersome lady could add anything, however, her sharp eyes welled up and she reflexively placed both her hands onto the center of his rippling chest in an immediate appology. "...You should have listened to Rin. She was absolutely right." "When you said before about your upbringing, and I agreed?... I'm so full of shit... and..." Taking a moment to whipe the mounting tears from her face, she dropped her hands and went onto her knees, in a fashion she thought was more appropriate for her position. "Don't deserve pity. I hate that I like you so much... That I was in the pay of the Orochi so many times before I met you or even Rin... that's something I did willingly."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 03:51:55 AM] emizizi:
Kai froze. He stared at her, kneeling on the floor, and shook his head slightly. "I don't-" he cut himself off with a choke and turned away abruptly, moving to the bed and sinking onto it, his back to her. After a while his breathing returned enough to normalcy that he could address her. The bedclothes twisted under his grip as he tightened his fists. "Shari. You might want to say that again and try to expand and explain the circumstances around that." His voice was as strained as his hands; his knuckles turning white. "My early life was not even as serene as I made out to Yoko." Biting sarcasm cutting through for a second. "Orochi turned my 'parents' into the pathetic creatures they are today." The hatred and contempt he layered on the word 'parents' was almost tangible. "Orochi forced them to sell me to my master," he reflexively touched the knot of scar tissue on his abdomen, before pulling his clothes around himself and slowly shifting to face her, perching on the edge of the bed. "So please, if you have reasons, state them."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 04:07:56 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"...My... My parents gave me up to a monastary rather than hand me to the Orochi... It was a differant city-state but basically the same story... Only, I... I... hated my parents and myself so much that I..." She paused for a moment to whipe the tears from her eyes again, feeling it out of line to contest any pity she might garter from Kai. The urge to crawl towards him and somehow sooth his ripped flesh was inconceivable, but that too seemed like it was giving herself too much credit. Shari really had no idea if she actually cared for him, or she just couldn't stand the idea of loosing someone who she had exposed herself so throughly to. "I hated those fucking weak-souled villagers so much that I wanted to be anything but them." Her voice was doing it's best to sound angry, devoid of self-pity. "And I killed a hell of alot of people that probaly had no bad dealings. I don't even feel bad about it now. It's all become the same twisted, hideous face I'm using to talk to you now."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 04:09:58 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"You can kill me or torture me or fuck me up... There shouldn't be any pity. I made my choices... and there is no one I'd rather do it than you, Kai."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 04:31:48 AM] emizizi:
Kai stared at Shari dispassionately, his eyes blank with unreadable emotion. "My parents sold me to a master that beat me, cut me, marred me and got off on my pain because if they didn't I would have starved to death. My town was ransacked by the Orochi, our livelihoods burned. My parents were too pathetic to raise an objection to the hell I went through at the hands of that sadist. They comforted themselves with the idea that starvation and Orochi was worse. I despise them. They are beyond contemptible to me. But I believe them. Orochi are worse. Mio, my master's other slave, can attest to that. Her parents were taken, her siblings killed and eaten, her town raised to the ground." He stood slowly, his body shaking and betraying the total fury that engulfed him. "I am going to leave now, Shari. I am going to go and get very very dunk, and hope that I forget what you are." He moved to the bathroom doorway stepping over her as if she weren't there. His movements sluggish and liquid as if in a dream. He paused in the doorway, but couldn't look at her. "But first I am going to try and wash off your stink. I do not pity you. I am repulsed that I could feel any human emotion toward you at all."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 04:55:50 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"You are in every way... right...." She had a dispairing, ruinous smile on her face that spoke of a total agreement, cheeks wet with running tears that she no longer cared to remove. "My only regret is that I let you become so close. And... and when I said you also had no soul... it's wrong. So wrong. You've kept everything so strong that I gave away freely..." Getting to her feet with a lumbering gate, she just grasped one of Kai's own knives from the disorderly cabnet at the side of the bed, and then pivoted to place herself on the end of the matress. "I have nothing to repay you with but blood. Please tell me something... anything to do... I'll do it. Without thought." Holding the blade of the knife to the center of her solar plexus, she just solemly unbounded the tattered red shawl from her chest and eagerly welcomed his answer with a desperate glance.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 05:38:25 AM] emizizi:
Kai was suddenly at her side, hardly seeming to move at all in his speed. He placed a hand lightly on hers around his kukri. "Shari-" his voice cracked, grief spilling through and ruining his mask of emotionlessness. "Fuck! Shari, I'm not vengeful. You don't have to repay me." He couldn't help himself, running his free fingers lightly over the scars on her face, down her neck. "I told you once that I don't believe that who were were says anything about who we are. I still believe that. I have to." He growled in frustration. "But- for fuck's sake. I need to not be in the same room as you." He pulled on his kukri, away from her skin. "I don't need to forgive you. Fuck off, forgiveness is not mine to give. They weren't my families you slaughtered, my children you enslaved. I need time to accept this. And then see if I can stand to be around you anymore."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 06:04:54 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
She couldn't see why he wasn't considering it. Aside from vengeance, even dealing out something that was supposedly deserved was generally enough motivation for her. Very frequently, it was -all- she understood. Slowly, her hand lost it's willpower and allowed him to take the knife away from her. Only just realizing her marred bust was exposed now, a few of Rin's notions took her hands to his chest and felt the curvation of his hardened stomach. Only after she had done it did she realize how cruel the action really was. "....I would have done it." Was the only answer she could give, now looking into the floor and speaking with a voice vastly empty. She opened her mouth to compare him otherwise, but no suitable combination of words arose. "You should go... I knew this would happen, but I had to say it. I owed you that much, sir."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 06:34:05 AM] emizizi:
Kai flinched, but didn't look away as she touched him. "I know you would. If that makes you strong..." he shrugged helplessly. His mouth tasted sour. Insane, conflicting emotions battled for supremacy inside him. He wanted nothing more than to grab her words and push them back inside of her, forbid them from coming out and spilling the black bile truth all over him. Instead he did nothing. "I lied when I said I was repulsed." Kai leant forward and kissed her forehead, feeling the bitterness of the gesture. He tilted her head up gently, kissing her mouth fiercely, almost viciously. He broke away and pushed his forehead against hers, hard, echoing the fury of the morning. "I feel so many things. Loathing, hatred, anger, pain, betrayal, even. But not repulsed." He pulled away completely and stood up. "How fucked is that."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 06:55:41 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
Shari held onto Kai's parted shirt tightly as she was kissed, and held back a pained whimper. Childish, needy actions were brooding to the surface and it was difficult to stop them all. "You should be." She gasped lightly. "But... for what it's worth... I think I was wrong about -this-, even. It seems I do care for you. I know because it hurts me that you're with me, of anyone. That... guilt... it's not something I'm supposed to feel... but now It's not something I can pull out..." Her arms feeling empty, she bundled them now and hunched forward, clutching her shoulders. "It would have been nice, through. With you as my karma.,, Something worthwhile could have been taken out of this life, perhaps... Something sweet, even..."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 07:07:02 AM] emizizi:
Kai turned slowly, shocked out of his self obsessed pain. "You feel... guilt?"

[Fri Dec 17 2010 07:17:13 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"I don't understand it. Not at all. But you have something..." Shari sat upright slightly to make eye contact again. Her lower eyelids were red with some kind of conviction. "Something similar enough that I can relate to, but uncorrupted... does that make any sence? I had discarded it, but you make me want it back... and that's unique. Something I'd follow always."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 07:32:25 AM] emizizi:
Kai nodded, and slowly sank back down to the floor. It was inevitable, really. "It makes sense. I had someone worth trying for- someone who held me up to a higher standard than I could hold myself. Someone, well, close enough to relate to, but infinitely different, too. I wish you could have met, she would have liked you." He paused, and shrugged. "Of course, she would have killed you tonight. I suppose it's ironic that it's because of her I couldn't." He reached out and almost touched Shari, but pulled back at the last second. "You're saying you want, what? To change? If you mean it I'm afraid I'll hold you to a higher standard than you believe yourself capable of." He shrugged wearily. "You told me to be your karma- here I am. Your atrocities weigh me down- it's your job to pick me up."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 07:41:19 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"I'm too selfish to really understand people, I admit that... But if I could find a way to stay here and not hurt you... Loyalty to something I beleive in, that was never one of my flaws..."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 07:41:19 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
Shari stood up without unbundling her arms, and moved to place her face on Kai's shoulder. "I don't know if it's wise to compare me to such a woman, but... She sounds really great. Like someone I should miss." The harsh woman added softy.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 08:02:37 AM] emizizi:
Kai put his arms around her. It hurt, but then, he knew how to deal with pain and anger. Squish it down and deal with it later. "I used to think I didn't understand people. Unfortunately I've discovered I'm far more useless- I've got a terminal case of empathy." He sighed, and nodded. "The comparison is fair, Shari. Mio is- was, perhaps, by now- best described as hard. Tough. She had little time for niceties; the world was not fair to her. So she decided that she would take the hand she was dealt and shove it up fate's ass." He smiled sadly in spite of himself, his smile hardening. "If she is dead, it will be at the hands of those twins. If I get the chance, I will show them a few tricks my master tried out on me."

[Fri Dec 17 2010 08:19:27 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"Killing them would have alrea-...." Shari shrugged and cut herself off early, unsure what emmotions she should really be encouraging. She hated the twins, it was true, but then again, she hated alot of people... "Even Jian didn't diserve that... or Hei, not really... So I guess it's okay to want to mutilate them, right?..." Finding the hug with the slightly shorter man awkward, she arced an arm around to the back of his head and ran her fingers through his flowing hair instead. "I'm glad you hung on to your empathy, through... I think it's that spark of human flavour which puts you a world apart from people like me..." Taking care to arc forward instead of pulling him in, she angled her head and kissed his lips passionately.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 08:38:07 AM] emizizi:
"I don't know. This is one of those situations where, frankly, I can't pretend to be a good person. I'm not. I want to hurt those women. I think doing so would give me no small measure of satisfaction; killing them wouldn't be enough. I just... try damn hard not to be a bad person, either." In some respects she reminded him of Mio- in others of certain old flames. He was always happier encircled by beefy arms than doing the encircling. He leant naturally into her embrace, returning her kiss.

[Fri Dec 17 2010 08:57:58 AM] Dhomo Chevski:
"Even so, that you're asking such a question..." She leant her brow against his, and smoothed out the hard contour of his jawline using her free hand. "Considering what the kind of shit those bitches are obviously after... It's a sour taste..." Thinking back to the previous night had her tense up her muscles for a second before relaxing again and placing her other arm over his shoulder aswell... Such robust shoulders, and a tighter neck... Considering the regular breed of men and women she had slept with during jobs, his honed, wirey body came in somewhere else... it seemed more combfertable to be entangled with, somehow. "...Mister Haru was trying pretty hard the other day... I think we can still trust him to stop us going too far, can't we?..."

zizi
02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
"Mmm," He agreed, his hands feeling the strong contours of her back, then flowing down to her waist. He sighed. "I hope so." Nothing about this was right; not after what she'd confessed. But still he held on, like a drowning man to a raft. Stupid, Kai. He pressed himself closer to her, her hard muscled unyielding under his pressure, her body still seeming to fit to his. What a mess.

After a hesitation, he arched his head up to hers and kissed her again, before gently pulling her towards the bed, his eyes seeking consent. He didn't want to think anymore.

Regantor
02-03-2011, 09:47 PM
There were as yet still more hideous things burried, more cutting secrets Shari had left to expose. It's all so pitiful. She thought, following him with a meekness uncharacteristic for the behemoth of a woman. There is no way this should work... even if it's the only chance I have... there is no way this should be allowed to work...

Apprehension sought to tear her eyes from his aluringly corrupted, stoney physique. Every ounce of her warrior code told her kissing him was wrong... But he had accepted her real self. He accepted her soul in a way even Rin couldn't.

With new determination and passion, she took a space in the bed next to him and sought to gratify him until morning.

Kodos
02-03-2011, 09:55 PM
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/6956/456307bigthumbnail.jpg
It was a good night, but Shari couldn't help but think she had forgotten something.

***

As Shari stepped outside of the inn, she was reminded of what she forgot. Oboro was seated on a stone bench, one of her assistants standing behind her. She had a lit cigarette in one hand, and was eating something with the other.

She was eating takoyaki.
She was eating grilled octopus.

Somehow Shari wasn't hungry.

Regantor
02-03-2011, 10:12 PM
It wasn't something she was in a hurry to think about. It was easy enough to think of the whole damn episode like a bad dream simply because the thing was so unreal itself... Even a trained killer like Shari got a shiver down her spine upon Oboro's subtle prompt regardless. A coincidence, she lied to herself.

Shari (uselessly) made a haggard smile at the crimson-haired swordswoman, but as yet kept her distance to avoid raising suspision. A legendarily skilled fighter and sex fireball she may be, but the memory of Kai's warm, rough body was enough to keep Shari's lust occupied for now.

...Hello, karma. I was wondering where you'd went...

Kodos
02-03-2011, 10:18 PM
The assistant whispered something to Oboro.

"Tsunzaku." She said simply, turning to Shari's general direction and offering some of her takoyaki. "Octopus?"

Regantor
02-03-2011, 10:29 PM
"...Thank you, madame." Shari took the dead creature and chewed like she was killing the memory itself. The honourifics probally let on the fact that she was nervous anyway. It took her an extra minute to think of what to say. Asking why she didn't send anyone last night was much to forward, never mind accusing Oboro of sending someone to follow them.

"I trust your night was eventful?" She fished for answers, simply. "As always I look forward to your surely spectacular performance today."

Kodos
02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
"It was boring. I sent someone to go get you but they said you were not at your inn. I wonder what could have been so important?" She gave the slightest of smirks before taking a drag from her cigarette.

"I am glad to hear that you look forward to my winning the tournament. I find this all rather tedious." She spoke of her victory with calm sureness. The way Rin spoke of her own beauty. No arrogance, merely statements of facts.

Regantor
02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
"I gravely appologise, alrough I do not doubt you know how this buisness can be..." Shari spoke with a degree of scencerity, carefull not to make any lies that would just instantly incriminate her. The same awe from the other day still existed in her eyes, but other current preoccupations were heavy enough to keep it under control. "I am suprised that you would come to meet me in person at such an hour, however..."

Kodos
02-03-2011, 10:42 PM
"I am not expected back in the arena for some time. I have neither the ability nor the desire to watch the martial artists fight. I am told it is a nice day out and I felt I would pay you a visit. If you would like me to leave I can go smoke and eat somewhere else."

Regantor
02-03-2011, 10:58 PM
"Forgive me for such insolence. Of course I'm happy even to be close to you." Shari attempted a recovery. Her brain hadn't exactly had a full night's rest, and this was all a little much. "Just suprised you made the trip personally."

She was going to make a quip about how her own face wasn't worth the effort, but remembered how Oboro disliked all the humility stuff.

"How would you like me to make it up to you?" She gave a small upbeat tone, sounding tired but convincingly lustful.

Kodos
02-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Oboro shrugged. "You're alright, Tsunzaku." She said, rising and handing her leftover food to her assistant. "I like you inasmuch as I like anyone." She said with the closest thing to friendliness Shari had heard from the women.

"Maybe we will run into each other again. Maybe not. Until next time, Tsunzaku." She said, walking off with her aide in tow.

What an odd lady.

Regantor
02-05-2011, 12:06 AM
"I await it eagerly, Oboro-sama..." Shari answered with another ineffective smile. Everything about the brooding woman's personality was fearsome, fearless and magnetic. It gave Shari the strange feeling of wanting to serve under her, despite the fact that the monk would probally survive only half as long as she would with Rin.

Everything was so messed up. How did this ugly gnarled dog of a woman end up in a sex rectangle? The woman who can't even keep decent freinds around?

Twirling the empty octopus stick in her fingers, Shari just sincerly hoped that the redhead's choice of meal was a coincidence. So much for going out to get food. I'm not so hungry anymore...

Returning to the Inn room, she gave Kai an awkwardly frank grin, before sitting on the bed next to him and wordlessly kissing his forehead.

zizi
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Kai stirred and stuck an arm out to the side, expecting to meet with warm skin. When instead he met only cooling sheets he opened his eyes blearily, noted Shari had already left, and allowed himself to subside back into sleep.

He woke again at the sound of her re entering the room, and pushed himself up onto his elbows. "Hmm," he mumbled sleepily as she kissed his forehead. "Where'd you go?"

He pulled himself out of the bed completely with a sigh and began dressing himself, scooping clothes up from where he'd discarded them the previous night. "It's later than I thought," he yawned "I guess we should go watch the tournament..."

Gods he didn't want to leave this room. He knew as soon as he did he'd be forced to face everything she'd confessed last night. Even acknowledging that was enough to make him wince inside. Gods Kai, you're an idiot.

Regantor
02-06-2011, 10:25 PM
Perched on the end of the bed, Shari watched Kai get dressed with the same sheepish smile still plastered on her face, only looking away when their eyes eventually made contact, and his own uncertain mood was projected straight at her. "...For food." She explained, gazing at her feet and unable to repress the strange mousey expression that her large eyebrows were managing. "But nowhere was open."

Yes, it was still akward. If it wasn't for the humbling, depressing and exausting events of earlier on in the night, Shari wondered if he would have accepted her at all... Perhaps Kai is still thinking of me like a moronic stray child, since the forks in our pasts are so similar, yet divergent? That would be close enough... She couldn't lie and say she felt guilty. It just wasn't true. But that didn't mean that she wanted to die an unloved monster, either.

"...I did mean it. I'll do anything." She reaffirmed, out of the blue. It didn't take an empath to pick up what they were both thinking about. Even her voice was peaceful in saying it. "If it makes you feel better, just think of me like a tool. In the bedroom, even! My affection for you is honest but... but I can see why you wouldn't... Well, no need to state the obvious."

zizi
02-06-2011, 10:57 PM
He glanced up sharply, watching her as she spoke. He dropped his robe back where he found it and sat half naked next to her on the bed, wrapping an arm that was still hot and soft with sleep around her waist. "Shari," he said, "I don't know what I'm doing. I have no idea what... this is. I don't, can't and won't think of you as a tool." He fell silent, groping for the right words in his head. "I really care for you, Shari. You can't- you cant underestimate that. I'm not trying to ignore... or even forget what you've done... so much as... I don't know. I don't know," he shook his head, "I'm tired of thinking about it. All my life I've been followed around by the bad things other people have done and right now I'd just like to move past it and maybe let myself... enjoy myself, enjoy this... thing we have here."

Regantor
02-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Shari seemed caught off gaurd by his affectionate tone of voice and just sort of froze up for a moment whilst he talked. Kai's willingness to become so close with her wasn't exactly something she understood either.

A meek sideways glance angled back towards him, followed by a meaty black-stained arm that idly caressed his dense pecks, then worked it's way up to his abs with dedication. "Well... I can't appologise to people in the past. It will never happen." The smile was still unsure of itself, but her intentions where fluidic. "Something I can do is use it as fuel, and try and make you happy, through... As long as I'm in your debt for accepting me like this, I can do that at the very least..."

For a few moments more she just continued to caress and said nothing, unwilling to disturb the situation.

"...Yoko is on in a bit." She changed the subject with a soft, whimsical tone. "Those damn cheeks melt my heart every time."

zizi
02-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Kai nodded, and after a second returned her touch. As so often he felt like he was standing on a knifes edge with her, and one wrong move would send him screaming into the abyss.

When she spoke he took a second to register it, but the mention of Yoko brought a smile to his face, "She is completely adorable," he agreed. "You want to go find her before she goes up?"

Regantor
02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
"It'll be a few hours yet." Shari responded simply. Kai's daunted expression always made her feel like she needed to set him at ease, but for the crude monk to actually manage that was a differant story. "But we can go and get something to eat, and then stroll their in our own time, if you want..."

"...Which reminds me." Giving his cheek a departing stroke, Shari then strode over to the bathroom doorway, and began to perform a series of rapid pull-ups. Those muscles had to come from somewhere, right?

zizi
02-12-2011, 08:20 PM
“Mmm,” Kai agreed, “sounds like a plan.” He pulled himself off of the bed and began gathering up his clothes again, shoving them into his bag and pulling out a clean shirt. “Do you fancy anything in particular? I could go for some tamagoyaki-” He cut himself off mid sentence as he caught sight of Shari’s muscular back rippling with exercise. He watched her for a few moments, the only sound in the room her slight grunts of exertion as she thrust herself up and into he doorframe with rhythmic movements. Kai abandoned his bag and moved up behind her, pupils dilated and eyes dark. “Suddenly,” he said quietly, “I’m not so hungry for food.”

Kodos
02-14-2011, 04:57 AM
Hei did not sleep well.

***

It was dark. And cold. And Hei was alone.
So very cold.

She was alone in a endless black abyss. Blacker than black. There was no frame of reference, no sensation save the cold, a horrible sense of dread that seemed to come from within and from without, and a terrible, deafening, soul-murdering silence. (http://tindeck.com/listen/sftl)

She had no sense of anything, not even herself.
She could not tell if she was floating, falling, or rising.

And she was alone.

Except, of course, she was not alone.
She was not alone.

ohgodsohgodspleasedon'tletits͡҉ȩ̴̸͡ȩ͘ (http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1683/watching.jpg)meohgodspleasenononopleaseitcanseemet hroughmeintooutofmeitseesmepleaseno

It is here with her.
It always is.
It always has been.
It always will be.
Always.

And It sees her.

Oh gods.

It sees her.



Y̒̿ͯ̊̓ͨ͌̾̈͗͂ͧͤ̇ͪ̀͜͠͠w͑́̈́̈́ͫ̾̊̇̃̓̇̕aͫ̐ͣͫͭͥ̽͘͡q̈́ͤ̓̌̾ ͏̶̶͟͡ ̵̶̢͑̽ͦ͛̋̔̈ͧ̐̾ͧ͑̚̚͟͡m̸ͮͯ̃̃̒̃a̽̽̋͑̈ͥ͛́̏ͬͯͮ̚͏̵̸̀q̎ͪ̆́ ͋͑̓͂͟͞͞͞ ̍̐ͬ̐̈́̀̿̉̇ͪͥ͏ǫ̛ͭͫ̽̀̒̋͜o̡ͪ̿̅̔͜ū̸̶̿̈́̂͛̿ͩ̋͛̕͝;͊̊̌ͪͬ̚ ̎̀̑ͬͦ̚͝͝͏ ͛ͨͮ̒͏̴̶yͭ̆͑͌̒̇̿͒́ͭ̅ͭ͢͝w̧ͧ͌̽̓ͬ̃̋͗̇ͧͯ̿ͬͪ͊̏̌ͪ͢aͦͧ̅̂͂̓ ̸̡̨ͯ͋̓̅̀q̵̴̧̛͆̃̍͗̄ͦ̈̚͞ ̧̧͆ͯͬ̔͌͒ͥ̿̒ͫ̌́͟m̴̸̿ͧ̑͌ͦ̍ͤͮͧ̊̈́́͝҉ā̎̃̾̐̇͑̒̓ͫ͂̅̔ͧ̆ͪ̊ ̸̵̛ͭ͋͢͠q̸̈́͂̐ͤ͊ͮͤ̄ͯ̓̄ͬ͋͝҉͜ ̷̴̛͒̏̑ͬͫ̿ͣ̕sͤ̓͌̐̀ͣ̿̔ͯ̉̇̈͢҉s̔̎ͭͥ̔͊͏a̛̍ͣ̍̍̔ͩ̆͐ͭ͌̿̉͡͞ ҉͟g̢ͭ̾̇͛͋̈҉͡͝g̶͒͊ͬ̃͠h̶̸ͫͤ͂̌̌҉.̢̧ͭ͆̓̎̓̐̓͞ ̵̴̐͂ͬ͆̀̒̇̽ͪ̂ͤ̄̊̂ͣ͢͠Ẏ̢̽̏ͥ̐̾̈̿̓͐͐̇̑̆̆͊́̂̚̕̕͏w̆ͯ͐̾͂͐ ̶̧̔̃́ͫ̋ͤͧ̉͆̓͋̉͢a̷̴ͩ̌̽̔̀̕͜q̧͗ͨ̿ͬ̽̾ͦ̄̋͋̔̐̏͘͢͜ ̛̓̋̈́̊̌ͯ̿͋̑͞m̸͒̎̈ͫ̉ͭͣ͑͜ȁ̷̢ͦ͑͗́͊́̾̑̆̓͘ ̧ͫͦ̓ͫͩ͑̄̓͛ͭ́̚͘͝s͛͊͋̏͛ͬͯ̀̿̌҉̴̴͟h̽̾̑ͭͪ͛ͫ̀ͤ͌ͧ̋͒̒̐̌̀̚͢ ͘gͭͪ̓͒͑̒̒̆̈̑̋̉ͧ͛͆̂͑҉͘͘͠'̵̨̧̊̃͑͋̏ͣ̒͊̐̕͢f̐̊̃̏̽̾͑ͥ͌́̚ ̋͛͆̈́́̃ͪͭ͏̢h̎̓ͭ̋͆ͯ̃̏͜͠ǹ̾ͮ͒̄ͮ̃͌̂ͧ̄ͬͦ̎ͤ̃̋́̕͝.̂̄̾̒͛ͧ̄ ̎̔̅ͪͦͦ̏͡͡
H̨͡a̴̕͟s̶͢t̢u̴̢҉̵̵r͝҉ ̕͝m̷͝͞͏a̶͏̛ ̴̛p̵̢̀͘h̷̶̕͟g҉̧͡ẃ͡a̡͝͞͞'̵̸̨͢͞ç̸ù̀͘͡͝l̛ ̴̛h̢͢͢͝͠n̵͘a̵͠k̵̵̶̀̕f̢͢.̶̷̡̧͡
̢͘N͏͏҉͜y̵̢a̡r̀̕͠͠l̸̴͘͝a̧͞t̶̵̨̀h̢̕͜o͘͘͘t̛é̕͜͞͞ p͡͡͠ ̸̴̷̸͟p̵͡ù͠͏̵͏u͏̷l̕͘ ̶̴̨͏̷s̢k̵͢͠͏s̕̕͜h̵̀͘͡҉g̵n̷̵͢:̕ ҉o̶͢͠͡n̛҉̨̛͘'̸͢m̸̛͘͢͢a̷͝͞ ̴̶͞y̴̷̛e̵̶̶̕͢ḩ͏̨͘'̸̕͘g̵͘l̷̡u̧͠ ̸̧̢͟z̷͞͠ų͝q̕.̸
T̳̹͖̪̝͖͉̻̻̣̺̠͔̯͉̦̻̠ͤͮ̊ͦͣͤ͊̆ͯ̍ͨ̅ͧ̉ͬ͑̃̋́͜ͅh̅̌͛ͬ̇͗̀̾ͥ ̴̡̩͓̦̞̤͓̼̖̙͚̮͍̅́̌ͯ̀ͮ̏͋̽̚͞͝o̬̪̳̦̤̻̭̪̮̙̳̱ͤͮ̐̎̏͋̋̄͂̀͡ ̦̫ŏ̿ͦͭ̊̌͏͚͙̭͇̲̰̟͔͈͔͢͡ņ̸̛̙̪͈̮̤̖̲͉̝̟̖̲ͥͨ̔͊̋̒ͦ͛̂ͦ́͜ ͕͉̻̲̩̰̼̺̣w͍̺͚͔͞g̡̧̧̫̼̩͉̮̬͡ͅa҉̜̤̲͙̗̣̳̠̦͖̘̦͖̼h͈̲̤͜͢͠ ͍͕̭̘̗̳̩̗̮͉̰͈̲'̡̫̖͍͖͕̥̝̫̜̳͉̪̼̀͝n̵̨̥̙̭̱̝̠̝͔͚̞̲͇͚͜a̢͞ ̧̢̼̥̠͚̣̩͉̰̻̝̗͚̼̣̯̯̩́g̵̷̡͏̸̯͕͎̖̝͍̱̤̭̜͖l͏̧̛̬̬̦̠̥̥̬̦̀ ̠ ̴̢̞̜̖͙͖̩͍̗͔̬̞̤̼͢ͅf̢̺̻̤̦̞̗̹̻̮̹̗͉̀͟ͅh̡̼̘̝͙̝̦͚̠͇̀ͅt͢͝ ͍̩͔͔͙͉̺͖̦̭͓̟͚̺á̪̜͉̱͞g͏҉̦̝̻̞̙̬̠̩̥̫̦͘ṉ̸̴̳͈̻ͅ.̛͘͟͠ͅ ͎͈̳̞͖͚̖̟̠̲̙͚͇̙̪̭̲

Regantor
02-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Shari continued for a pace before catching the nature of Kai words, then just paused and stood there, still clinging to the groaning wooden substructure. Proffessional distance had sort of made her feel better about nudity in the past, but now that there was some kind of connection between them, it seemed as if the sombre ninja's body had really started to gain a foothold on her behavior all on it's own. The scars gave him a certain odd parrallel, but beyond that his tight, lean but muscular build made his design somehow more... Well, practical. That is to say, more effectively built for it's tasks than her own.

So what exactly was he getting in return again?... I guess it doesn't matter. She considered, giving a small heated glance into his eyes. I've always been better at appeasing actively than passively.

The frame creaked back into place and she turned to the bare figure of her companion, unfurling the tattered red shawl about her chest and moving close enough to place the free ends over his shoulders. "I guess there are other kinds of exercise I can perform, too..."

Taking in the angular features of Kai's yearning face, she kissed him with a slow and methodical method, that was as warm as it was feircely eager to please.

zizi
03-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Kai returned her embrace, but roughly, with almost desperate passion. Gently at first he moved her back against the wall, allowing his body to take control of him. Last night he'd wanted to forget his thoughts; this morning he could barely control them. He wanted to remember this feeling, remember every harsh curve and strong plane of her.

And besides, they had time to waste. Shari wasn't the only one who could do with the exercise.

Regantor
03-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Allowing herself to be pressed against the wall for a moment, Shari fayed submissiveness to the best of her ability. It was not natural for her to allow someone else such control, especially not someone with such a height difference, but fired up by Kai's newfound invigoration, she did her upmost to play along. Biceps tightened and drawn inside of Kai's own grasp, her stony hands eagerly explored the contours of his rippling chest. Her eyes didn't meet his except for an occasional playful glance, suggesting she was perhaps toying with the memories from the submissiveness she'd shown Rin in the past.

Kissing his collar bone with a ferocious edge, she then rotated her body within his grasp, and unfastened the knot of her semi-shredded pants. They needed assistance to escape from her rounded and implacable thighs. Placing both her hands forward against the wall, her eyes invited the angular man at her back to do the rest...

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Shari lay on the bed now, breathing softly on her front and running pools of affection up Kai's spine with a free hand. The room was like a volcano, but she couldn't suffer the extra energy to let some new air in.

"Mister Kai... you... It was-..." Her husky whisper couldn't find the right words, so she just ended with a smile and a kiss instead.

zizi
03-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Kai smiled languidly and rolled onto his back, legs tangling uncomfortably in the too hot bed linin. He kicked it away half heartedly and shot Shari a smile. "Better than pushups at least." He half closed his eyes and lay comfortably quiet for a few moments, listening to their breathing and the muffled sounds of the morning that went on outside. "I suppose we could go for breakfast soon," he glanced at her from the corner of his eye, "I seem to have worked up an appetite."

Regantor
03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
The muscular woman didn't feel like moving as yet, but her groaning stomach betrayed an agreement with Kai's last point. Shari just grunted herself, then slid her body ontop of his back and let her weight alone pin him down for a moment. Feindish motivations soon took hold, and she found herself coiling her legs around his, then putting her bearish arms under and around his shoulders; A perfect, well practiced paralyising move, acompanied by a large surly smile and a kiss to the rear side of the right cheek.

"Much better than any training, I think..." She was carefull not to cause any pain and let him go the moment she started talking, but geniuses were not required to see what preferances of hers were leaking through. Was it perhaps a test of Kai's own prefferances? or a momentary lapse in controlling her own infernal lusts? The monk didn't say anything, but made a point of sitting at the edge of the bed and examining his reaction before getting up. It didn't exactly help manners than even her shows of affection tended to come off as heavy and mechanical most of the time.

Lumberingly, she moved off to the washroom and found some fresh clothes to wear. "I feel like crab. Or maybe chicken."

Kodos
04-09-2011, 10:58 AM
ZIZI IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE (YOKO) THINGS. AFTER WINDY POST WE WARP TO FIGHTS
Yuanjun woke early, as usual, and Rin was already awake (as usual) and dressed (inasmuch as the little clothes she wore constituted actually being dressed).

Rin quickly gave Yuanjun the rundown of what she missed the night before. "I normally wouldn't want to get you worried and distracted during the tournament, but I imagine this might help you as extra incentive to beat Qing up." She laughed, running her hands along the exposed sides of Yuanjun's breasts and kissing her forehead.

"Besides, you always win." Rin laughed. "No one can resist Yuanjun and her sexy thighs of steel."

"Ready to kick some ass today?"

Lord_Windy
04-09-2011, 08:51 PM
"'Kick some ass' just happens to be my main skill and the only thing I look for in a job description," Yuanjun drawled in reply. Barely registering the fact that an Illithid had been spotted recently or that her co-workers had failed without her once again.

"Perhaps that Qing woman might be more of a challenge today as well," Yuanjun continued with a smile. "Or it'll just be fatso, no-one cares and Qing the mighty disappointment."

Kodos
04-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Rin laughed. "I think Yoko is lovely. Quit being mean, you!"

"Well then, we'd best be off. As always, I'll be cheering for you, love."

***

The crowd was pretty excited, obviously. Yuanjun had been informed that, unfortunately, she wasn't getting to face Yoko or Qing for her semi-final fight.

Backstage, Yoko seemed excited (Yuanjun hadn't seen Qing or Mei. The horrible women were probably off doing creepy things with each other, somewhere) and was a little more bubbly than usual. Yoko was fighting Qing. Unsurprisingly she greeted Yuanjun with a big hug. "Hi you!" She laughed. "I'm sad that we aren't getting to fight each other again, I was really looking forward to it. But I'm sure we'll both win and fight in the finals, eh?" She gave Yuanjun a friendly elbow. "I'll be cheering for you :3."

Yuanjun could hear the emoticons.

Lord_Windy
04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
"Well, I hope you win and... ah," Yuan stumbled, "get second then?"

She was still a little stiff from the hug, but at least she was making an attempt to be nice to the gregarious woman. As a show of good faith she patted her in uncharacteristically pleasant manner. It may have still been a little stiff and frigid, but her heart was in the right place.

Kodos
04-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Yuan laughed. "Oh, you. Don't be so sure you'll beat me again!" She beamed.

"I'm.. I am a bit nervous, though." Yoko confided. "That Qing girl... I don't like to say mean things about people, especially about royalty, but she scares me, you know Yuanjun? I mean, like I'm not afraid of her, or anything, but... I dunno. There's just something off about her."

"Something very, very, off."

Lord_Windy
04-17-2011, 04:54 AM
"I like the enthusiasm, but I don't think it will mean instant win Yoko," Yuan softly told the pretty woman. "Against me at least, but it will be fun to come up with you once again. Lovely infact."

"But promise me one thing," Yuan gravely continued, looking about as concerned as she possibly could. "Rin and company like you, so I want to make this clear, please don't fuck around with Qing. If it looks like it's going south please just leave it, if anyone does think less of you because of that remember I won't and Rin won't either. Being healthy is better than... whatever she does."

She looked around the room to make sure nobody was watching, Yuan quickly gave the big woman a stiff hug. "Don't be a hero, she isn't worth it."

Kodos
04-17-2011, 05:43 AM
"You're not half the bitch you make yourself out to be, tough girl," Yoko laughed, smiling at the hug. "You don't need to worry about me. "What's she going to do? Kill me? Pfft. She's just some loopy person. Probably just needs some sense knocked into her."

She smiled, before her face betrayed her nervousness. "Oh gods, what if I win?!" She suddenly gasped. "I mean, I've won tournaments before, but, never one this big! Lord Yagyu himself is here! What do I do? I mean, is this outfit too slutty? I don't want royalty to think I'm slutty!"

From the arena floor you could hear it was time for the fight to begin, Yoko gasping and getting her game face back on as she turned. "You better cheer for me, you!" She laughed, before heading out.

***

Yoko entered to cheers, (and a fair deal of catcalls. Even among the general din of cheers you could hear Rin in particular. Given the blush and the awkward wave she made in Rin's direction, Yoko heard it too) confident and proud.

And then Qing entered. Her reception was not quite as positive, and Rin had some colorful things to say. Qing seemed to manage to make even walking look unbarebly arrogant and slutty. For whatever reason, Mei didnt accompany her sister this time.

Yoko gave a respectful bow. Qing laughed. You couldn't hear her, but she was talking to the hefty woman, and given Qing's body language (and general demeanor) you had an idea it was probably something unflattering.

And then the fight was on. Qing, unsurprisingly, was faster than Yoko, and quickly rushed towards her larger foe, although her toned legs didn't seem to be able to do much against Yoko's ample Yokoness.

***

Yoko was winning.

The sumo wrestler was taking just about everything Qing was throwing at her. You could ocassionally hear Qing letting out almost feral sounding screams of frustration and/or anger as her strong attacks were largely shrugged off by the larger woman. And while the graceful princess was able to dodge the vast majority of Yoko's own attacks, those that did hit clearly hit hard, almost knocking Qing over one time.

Then it all went to hells.

Screaming like a wild animal, Qing threw herself at Yoko. Yoko was clearly caught off guard - more by Qing's animal fury than her speed. Grabbing the larger woman by her head, Qing drove her thumbs into Yoko's eyes, causing her to scream, stumbling backwards and covering her face after shoving Qing away from her.

Qing wasn't letting her off that easy. Closing the distance the vicious princess drove her foot up between Yoko's legs with enough force to make even Yuanjun shudder. Yoko's reaction was predictable and swift, doubling over and moaning. Qing quickly sent a flurry of kicks into Yoko's ample stomach. Yuanjun could hear the psychotic monk laughing with childlike glee.

Qing began to toy with Yoko. Kicking her face repeatedly, and sending hard kicks to her stomach or groin whenever Yoko seemed to be mounting a competant counter-offensive.

In the end, Yoko was left swaying, out on her feet. Qing rubbed up against her, running her hands along Yoko's chest and rear, before sending her fist deep into Yoko's stomach, causing the poor woman to fall to her knees and then, much to Yoko's humiliation, lose her lunch.

Qing laughed before stomping down on the back of Yoko's head, driving her face down into her own vomit. Raising her arms in victory, Qing kicked Yoko in the face one last time, and then made her way out.

D:

***

As the fight ended, Yuanjun was suddenly aware of someone besides her.

It was Mei. She appeared out of breath, her face a bit flush. Had she been... ugh.

"You're up soon." She said, her voice dripping with arrogance, sexuality, and menace. Yuanjun realised Yoko was right. There was something so broken inside these two that you could just tell by being near them. Mei was sick. Very sick.

"Are you scared, little peasant barbarian whore?" She laughed, her voice taking on an almost sing-song quality. "Are you going to go home and cry to your mommy? Oh, wait," Mei gasped, the visible portion of her pretty face taking on a look of mock shock "Your mom is dead! Your father killed her, and then he killed himself like a fucking little coward bitch," she laughed.

"That pig," Mei nodded towards the arena floor, "was a disgusting fat slob. You're kind of pretty, for a filthy peasant harlot. So you don't even have being a big ball of fat as an excuse. How sad."

Lord_Windy
04-17-2011, 06:11 AM
"What's it like, being unable to find anyone other than your sister who'd like to fuck you?" Yuan sneered. "I'm sure it must make your fathers job hard to find someone who'd like to take you for a spin?"

She turned around and puckered her lips, "But then again, with a face like that he had his work cut out for him anyway. Go run back to your little bitch of a sister and kiss her pretty lips before my feet cave them in."

Kodos
04-17-2011, 06:17 AM
Mei glared at Yuan. "You are fortunate we are where we are, or I would right now be savoring the sensation of driving my blade right up your filthy cunt, peasant." She snarled, her true colors on full display.

"But we're here, so you are fortunate. Your little prostitute queen cannot protect you forever. When the time comes, Qing and I will be there, and if you are fortunate we will deign to make use of your body before tossing it aside with the rest of the shit." Mei leaned in and - Yuan could tell through the mask - smiled. "Give your son our regards, whore." She smiled before walking off.

What a charming and balanced lady.

Lord_Windy
04-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Yuan shook her head wandered off to go see how poor Yoko was doing rather than wait around for Qing to come over and start up herself.

Hopefully her spirit wasn't too battered by this ordeal, but given what Mei had to say to herself, she wasn't too hopeful that Qing had been nicer to the gentle giant of a lady.

Kodos
04-17-2011, 07:32 AM
The healers' area was rather crowded. Apparently most of the other fighters who had stuck around had also come to check in on Yoko, but most of them cleared out when Yuanjun showed up. Yuanjun had that effect on people.

Yoko was in bad shape, but seemed pretty chipper about it, although Yuanjun could tell that Yoko was pretty upset but hiding it reasonably well.

"Hi you." She coughed, one of the healers telling her to hold still while they worked their (literal) magic, but Yoko just gave an annoyed grunt. "Sorry I won't be giving you that rematch." Yoko sighed, giving Yuan a weak little smile. "You'll have to win for me, instead, right?"

She coughed and winced and gave a half-shrug, inasmuch as a person prone on a bed can shrug. "She's tougher than she looks. I think you got really lucky last time, Yuan."

Lord_Windy
04-17-2011, 07:45 AM
"I may have mentioned she was a little... difficult," Yuan told the battered woman, a little smugly thanks to the wave of people making way for her as she entered the room. "But don't beat yourself up, these are the best times to look within yourself and decide what you can do better next time. "

She examined poor Yoko head to foot, before continuing. "Perhaps you may even beat me next time, unlikely but you almost had it last time."

Superdooperphailmachine
04-17-2011, 07:02 PM
During the fight all Ryo could think of was running his sword through that sickening whore and her sister. The fact she won the fight didn't make his mood any better either.

zizi
04-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Kai watched the fight with uncharacteristic stillness, only his mouth growing grimly thin and his eyes narrowing in unending hatred signifying he was even paying attention at all. He was going to skin these women alive. And he was going to enjoy it.

It was agonising minutes after Yoko had been taken to the healing area that Kai stopped shaking and was able to force himself to relax enough to move. He stood in one fluid movement, his mouth still drawn in a tight white line. "Do you think they allow civillians in the healing area?" He asked softly, almost to himself. Shrugging, he began to make his way off of the arena seats. "I'm going to see Yoko."

Kodos
04-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Kai got some looks that said "you really shouldn't be back here but I don't care enough to do anything besides give you dirty looks" but otherwise was allowed to the infirmary without any incident.

Yoko still had a large crowd of fighters and staff around her, probably because Yoko's charm was infectious enough even to infect Shari. He could hear her laughing and getting laughter. It's nice to know she didn't seem down.
Oh, and Yuan was there too. :O

"Hello Kai!" She shouted, waving at him and then shushing the healer who told her something (probably to hold still). "Sorry I didn't win back there. I kind of got my ass kicked. I did my best though." Yoko gave a bit of a shrug before giving Yuanjun a shove and then wincing. "Yuanjun here will beat Qing for me, though, right?" She laughed.

Oh, Yoko, you so wonderful!

zizi
04-22-2011, 01:18 AM
"Yoko! How are you feeling?" Kai greeted her, unable to not smile. He waved a hand, "You don't have to apologise for not winning, Yoko. That woman..." he shrugged, "she's not normal." He glanced up at Yuan and nodded vaguely, "I'm sure Yuan will dish it out."

Kodos
04-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Yoko smiled at Kai, apparently the Healers had already grown back all her teeth. "I'm fine." She lied, and badly.

She couldn't even keep a straight face. "I feel like shit, my everything hurts, and I got humiliated and vomited in front of a lot of people, including handsome guys. I feel awful, and I'll probably cry later, but I'll get over it. 'Sides, I've been through worse."

She paused for a moment. "Okay, I haven't been through worse, but the rest still stands." She then gave Kai the flirtiest wink she could manage. "Maybe some cute fan of mine might take care of me and help me get my mind off things, hm?"

Oh, Yoko!

Regantor
04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Shari lumbered into the infirmary several paces after Kai, bitterly picking at a pottery shard lodged in her left hand. The whole ordeal had gone down whilst the monk was fetching food for herself and her ninja companion, but she'd crushed the bowls in a fit of irrepressible rage upon watching what Qing had done. She was still too angry to even attempt comforting Yoko, just staying in the background and doing little other than offer support by simply being there.

A few minutes and a single rather forced smile later, Shari pelted the freed splinter to the floor. She then made a jerky lean towards Yaunjun that was probably supposed to be subtle, but came across as extremely agitated instead. "I know you probably don't need me to tell you this, but..." Her whisper was hoarse like a weapon in itself. "If you get the chance, please kill that fucking inbred bitch. I'm past caring who does it."

Alexander_Hamilton
04-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Haru had cheered when Yoko had come out, though it was a brief and self-conscious one. Now, he was sitting back in his chair, his expression one of stoic resignation. The poor woman. She had not deserved such treatment, but it was doubtful anyone those twins came into contact with did.

He opted not to follow after Kai, preferring to keep himself as a pair of eyes in the arena. Haru made a mental note to try and meet Yoko later on, to give her some encouraging words.

zizi
04-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Kai smiled at her again, "I think you should be concentrating your energies on getting better, don't you?" He glanced up and made room for Shari to approach Yuan comfortably. He didn't need to hear her to know what she was saying; what they both were thinking. Any how, any way, any who- as long as those pieces of filth ended up dead somehow.

Lord_Windy
05-01-2011, 09:27 AM
"I will kill no-one in this arena, no matter how detesting they may be." Yuanjun hotly told Shari, stalking out of the room in a huff.

***

It was impressive sight, Yuanjun stood proudly in the arena looking directly at the one thing standing between her and the showdown with Qing. Hands by her side and her head pointed slightly up with a face in a recognizable scowl. Maybe she wasn't the crowd favorite (Rin being her main cheerleader, of course switching sides constantly) but she still felt pretty good.

The opponent was a relative nobody who got really lucky to make her way this far into the competition. Average build, but well defined muscles and suitably skanky for the occasion. Foreign, but not too bad a point for this part of the world if you didn't mind getting talked down to occasionally. Yuanjun didn't even bother to learn her name.

BAM

Yuanjun's foot connected with the woman's face. The speedy monk had the advantage over the obviously slower foreign woman.

SLAM

Was the sound that reverberated throughout the arena as Yuanjun's face became one with the gravel. The stout woman had grabbed the monk's foot as it made a mess of her teeth and flung her into the floor. Yuan's leg quickly extended out and tripped her opponent over and quickly mounted the lass' waist and began to crush her midriff between two mighty thighs.

KA-POW

Punch after punch did little to dissuade Yuan from squeezing the insides out of the grunting woman. A screech in her thick tongue was what it finally took to get the lass to shift Yuan over and onto her own back. But the mighty thighs wouldn't stop their suffocating hold. Cursing, the scantly clad opponent heaved Yuan up just to pile drive her back into the ground. Yet, the thighs wouldn't release.

CRUNCH

Her braids flinging wildly, she ran Yuan first into a retaining barrier. The wood caving in was finally what dislodged the thighs from Yuan's opponent.

KEE-YAH

Walking back to put distance between herself and the monk was finally the crucial mistake Myfanwy made that day. She hadn't had much of a chance to see what Yuan could do with distance before this day, as the Monk exploded out of the wooden wall once more feet first bowling the woman over once again. Not one to let her opponents have a second wind, Yuan slammed her foot into stout lass's no-no area. Paralyzing the woman in shock, she barely had the chance to defend herself as Yuan picked her up one last time to roundhouse kick her in the face.

It was over

Kodos
05-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Yuan left as Myfanwy was carried off for healing.

***

Then it was time for the final match of the unarmed division: Qing vs Yuanjun.

***

Qing made her way to the arena floor accompanied, of course, by Mei. Her arrival was met largely with silence. No one wanted to cheer for her, but due to a mixture of fear and the fact she was royalty, no one could really boo her, either (Rin may not have technically been royalty, but she was certainly vocal in expressing her thoughts about Qing and Mei, getting herself even more looks than her physique already got her). The twins shared a kiss that got a few cheers from males in the crowd who presumably didn't have the knowledge of just who Qing was kissing, before pulling up their masks as Mei left.

Yuan entered the arena floor to the cheers and catcalls (the latter of which came loudly and passionately from Rin, among others) of the crowd, looking as sexy and confident (some might say arrogant. Rin would probably say "arousingly and adorably bitchy. 'Sides, why are you looking at her face? Have you seen her thighs?").

Qing just stared at Yuanjun with a look in her eyes that made one legitimately afraid. Not necessarily afraid for Yuanjun, but afraid in general. There was something so fundamentally and horribly broken in that girl that one could not help but be shaken by it.

"Remember what I did to the fat sow?" Qing purred, glaring at Yuan. "You'll wish I let you off so easily." She added the sensuality gone and her voice cold and dripping with venom.

Regantor
05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
"-No matter how detesting? -No matter how detesting? You just won't kill her?" Shari repeated to herself over and over again, stuck in a loop of proverbially grinding her axe with a sort of spitefull obsession. "Like that's moral high ground or something? Who the fuck do you think you are?" Any random supporter close enough to hear her low ranting tone probally thought she was hoping for the death of Yaunjun herself, at least until the semi final match was over.

As the final bout itself began to take shape, she just took a seat, and put all of her concentration into simply staying silent and stationary. This was no place for a useless outburst. The implacable monk wasn't that stupid. Luckily there were no laws against casting baleful glares, and obsessively tensing your knuckles in lack of something to rip appart.

Just do it. Please... Mangle her... If she gets away now, what the hell do we do then?...

Lord_Windy
05-02-2011, 04:40 AM
"Well, you'll have to get to me first." Yuanjun dryly told the deranged woman. "As you can see I'm no sow you stupid cow. Or are you too busy making out with your sister to see you vapid cunt"

Yuanjun moved into position, ready to deal the first blow.

Kodos
05-02-2011, 05:16 AM
This time Qing did not let Yuanjun get a free hit in. The sadistic princess took advantage of her speed and struck first, rushing towards Yuanjun and driving her elbow deep into Yuanjun's midsection. Judging by her face, it was all the shapely Monk could do not to vomit. Grabbing Yuanjun by her breasts Qing pulled her close before smashing her head into Yuan's face, sending her stumbling backwards. Yuanjun tried to kick, but Qing saw it coming. The masked beauty grabbed Yuan by her long leg and threw her by it, sending Yuanjun bouncing and scrapping along the ground.

It was only 15 seconds in and already Yuanjun wasn't doing too hot.

Yuanjun threw herself at Qing with a flying kick, but found herself prone once more as the masked fighter ducked under it. Rising quickly Qing delivered a flurry of hard stomps down onto Yuan's breasts, laughing like a gleeful child as she did so, and drawing sharp screams from the downed Monk.

Fortunately, Yuanjun wasn't down too long, quickly tumbling away from Qing's feet and up from her prone position. Yuanjun's fist smashed hard into Qing's masked face, sending her stumbling and very nearly dropping her to he feet. It drew a loud cheer from the crowd, particularly Rin, and Yuan jun could tell that she did some damage. Unfortunately Qing recovered quickly, insane fury in her eyes, as she responded with an almost feral shriek and a sharp kick that found its way right between Yuanjun's large thighs. As Yuan hunched over in pain Qing lowered her mask, lifting Yuan's face up and forcing her into a deep kiss, before pulling her mask back and driving her knee up into Yuan's already hurting ladybits. And another. And another. As Yuan fell prone on the ground holding herself, Qing raised her arms, having already decided she'd won. "Get up, bitch, I'm not finished with you yet."

Yuan slowly got to her feet, panting. She looked pretty desperate. With a yell she sent an awkward punch at Qing's face, which she dodged easily before sending one of her own smashing hard into Yuan's. Then another. And another. Yuan's pretty face wasn't so pretty anymore. Yuan continued, her attacks becoming increasingly desperate and awkward and easily dodged. Qing was playing with her. Every time Yuanjun missed Qing would further smash her face. You could hear the crunch as Yuan's nose broke. And then again as her jaw got the same fate. It was clear Qing wanted Yuan to end up at least as messed up as she was after their first fight. By the end Yuan was a bruised and panting wreck and just throwing awkward slaps and punches with no style or technique.
And Qing was smiling, under the mask. You could see it in her eyes. In the way she moved.

"I think I cut my fist on one of your teeth, little peasant." Qing purred, her voice sing-song. "I'll just take it out on you some more." She laughed. "I'm really glad you're too stubborn to just pass out. I wanted this so very much."

Finally Qing sent her foot smashing up between Yuan's legs again. Given the horrible scream from Yuanjun, and the cracking sound, you got the distinct idea Qing may have broken the poor Monk's pelvis. As Yuan writhed in agony on her back, hands between her legs, Qing rained down more and more stomps onto Yuan's stomach, breasts, and face. Qing said something, although you couldn't hear it, before lifting up one of Yuan's legs and sending repeated kicks into her knee until that, too, broke with a sickening crunch and an even louder scream.

Yuan wasn't even struggling or moving anymore when Qing lifted her up by her hair (now a sweat-soaked mess) and drove a powerful fist into her stomach, making Yuan vomit and adding further insult to further injury. Yuan's face made Qing's, post first fight, look pretty. Qing was clearly displaying Yuan to the crowd for her own sadistic amusement, as her ravaged body drew some gasps. Maybe it was just coincidence, or maybe she knew, but she did seem to pause while holding Yuan up towards where the rest of the party was seated and where Rin, who looked like she was about to shank a bitch and/or cry, was seated. After all the stomps, Rin had finally gotten her wish for Yuan to have a wardrobe malfunction, but Rin obviously didn't enjoy the sight.
Qing very much did.

Satisfied with her work, Qing violently tossed Yuan back down, where the Monk lay facedown on the ground. Raising her arms in victory once again, she left, stepping on Yuan's head as she did so, pausing briefly to bend down and pick up some of Yuanjun's teeth. Gods only knew what the psychotic bitch would do with them.

As the healers carefully carried off poor Yuanjun, the rest of the party could see Qing and Mei standing by the entrance and celebrating in their own horrible way.

***

There would be a short break, mostly for the healers to fix Yuanjun, and then there would be the awards. You would all get to watch Qing gloat. Lovely.

Rin took the opportunity to excuse herself.

***

When Yuanjun came to, she was lying on a bed in one of the healing areas. The room was apparently empty, except for Rin, at her side, holding her hand.

Rin looked like she'd been crying.
She still looked beyond radiant.

"Hey beautiful." She said, giving Yuan a sad little smile and kissing her gently on the forehead. "How're you feeling?"

The sadness was clear in her voice, but she still sounded like a sex goddess. Rin really couldn't help it.

Lord_Windy
05-02-2011, 05:30 AM
"Better than ever," Yuanjun slurred drearily. "But I think it's safe to say she might have won the fight though."

She looked around the room and didn't expect to see anyone around, but she couldn't help feeling disappointed that Qing was more popular than she is. But at least she could move her head.

She raised a battered, bruised hand up to her face and felt teeth. "My vanity has been satisfied, no more healing."

Kodos
05-02-2011, 05:38 AM
"I know. That's why I sent the healers away. Said that even unconscious you were refusing their treatment." Rin gave a little laugh. "That's my stubbon Yuanjun. My stubborn, beautiful, brave, wonderful, Yuanjun."

"I wanted to be alone with you, if that's okay. I sent the others away. I'll admit, a bit of it is that I can't be seen with you, but also I wouldn't put it past... them... to try something."

She gave another smile, more genuine this time. "I love you and if anything happened to you I don't know what I'd do." She said, kissing Yuan's hand. It felt wonderful, as always."

"And that's why I'll sit here with you until you can feel better. You're a tough thing, you'll be fine. Then we can watch Ryo flail around with his big metal phallic symbol, and I can make lewd comments while you make mean faces at him." She laughed.

Lord_Windy
05-02-2011, 05:49 AM
"What would they have to gain killing me?" Yuanjun laughed, "Unless they think I'm not as broken as I think."

She looked at Rin and gave a rare warm smile. "But I want to thank you for this."

Didn't last long though, "And unless Ryo can win, I'll need to be there first hand to administrate a beating

Regantor
05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Shari sat in the stalls long after the crowd has dispersed. She created, reviewed and dismissed countless plans of killing Qing before the day was over. None of them where viable in their current situation. The monk felt her guts churn and rotate. Probably for the best she had chosen to sit appart from her companions this time.

After a while, she got up to see what state Yuanjun was in, finding only a closed off doorway with a far larger amount of guards than the usual posted at all entry points. That could only mean the presence of Rin, she assessed.

Bitterly, and stained with confused feelings of pity, Shari just somberly took a scenic root back to the audience pavilions, then attempted to spot Kai with a distant expression.

zizi
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Sensing Shari's desire to sit alone during the fight Kai had moved to the very top of the stadium. From there Yuanjun and her grotesque opposition appeared small and dolllike. He sank into the shadows and watched the fight with slack, sick resignation, grateful in part that he was far enough away to register Qing's viciousness only vaguely, the distance making the brutal movements seem play-like and divorced from reality.

He got up and moved fluidly down towards the healer's tent before the last blow fell, but hesitated outside of it. Should he really force his way inside as he had with Yoko? He and Yuanjun were hardly friends. They'd almost connected once- trading lighthearted insults. He sighed and turned away. He would have nothing to say to her and she would have nothing to say to him. She saw them as failures- him as a failure.

"I will kill no-one in this arena, no matter how detesting they may be."

She hadn't been there- a lake of bodies, each more rotted than the last, sinking up to his calves into soft flesh that gave too easily in stinking, sucking squelches with each step- when he'd pulled the monolith out.

She hadn't been there. Hadn't watched, helpless as those... things molested Shari and Hei and lorded over their murdered companion.

She hadn't been there with... the... Mind Flayer... in that black barn, Hei seemingly lost, Shari for all her strength and power suddenly helpless. She hadn't felt her soul split open at it's screaming touch and yet managed to fight anyway, when every coherent thought was another just begging for the release of death.

He had.
He had fought a Mind Flayer and won.

She looked at him with barely controlled contempt.

His mouth reformed into a thin white line. Yuanjun would not take his empathy even if he offered it. He turned abruptly and made his way back to the arena, unsure what else to do. He took a seat mid way up and gazed sightlessly ahead, vaguely wondering what horrors awaited them tonight. Idly his thoughts drifted to Shari, to the simple physical pleasure and not at all simple emotional whirlpools he felt in her company.

Kodos
05-02-2011, 09:35 PM
"You don't need to thank me, love." Rin smiled. "You never need to thank me." Rin leaned over and kissed Yuan on the lips as gently and carefully as she could. "Love is its own reward." She said with a happy sigh.

"The sex is great too." She winked.

Oh, Rin.

***

"Mr. Morioka?" It was a female voice. When Kai turned to face his visitor, he found himself confronted by a small gaggle of what he could only assume by their features and dress were handmaidens of Qing and/or Mei. The lead one offered him a small jewelry box. "A gift from their highnesses." She said with a bow before more or less shoving the box in his hands and leaving, her companions in tow.

Oh boy, a present!

Regantor
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Lumbering around in the high stalls, the heavy, callous monk childishly explored every option of revenge her imagination could offer. To call it limited in that category was truly unfair. Yet, all she could really do was kick abandoned food containers about, and give every soul that came across her a baleful glance, before returning her eyes back to the floor.

Overdue, she now noticed that Kai had now returned to his seat. Her mind swam. The ninja was probably the sole reason she hadn't outright fought with Yuanjun in the past, she now realized. Even before they were so entangled. The burning jealousy over Rin had caused her to do alot of stupid things in selfish desperation, alrough as yet more lingering secrets meant she knew the connection could never really be solid. An alien cloud of guilt seemed to hang around each and every good thing she had.

Slowly, she clambered down the isle stairs and made her way too him. The guilt would have to wait. Too many things they were both avoiding thinking about as it was. With a palatable silence, the towering woman just placed herself in the seat next to him and gave a small, longing glance before retreating back into her solitary thoughts.

It was getting difficult to feel angry now. She could only feel useless, pitiful, cold. Stoically, her arms remained crossed and unloving.

The servants and the present sparked a cetain savage interest, but not a line of sight...

zizi
05-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Kai breathed out slowly and glanced sideways at Shari. Where did they stand, again? Who knew. He didn't. His eyes traced the harsh contours of her face, savage and beautiful. He doubted she did, either. He wondered if it even mattered, if he even cared anymore. He'd fallen through the looking glass last night... or had it been before then, when he'd first noticed this burning, intense connection to the crazy, evil monk?
At least for now, he could forget it. Hesitantly he touched her shoulder and waved the box around. "What's the betting it's not a nice necklace or pair of earrings?" He said bitterly before dropping his hand back down to the box. "Well, it's not going to open itself..." gingerly he pulled at the lid and peered inside.

Kodos
05-02-2011, 10:11 PM
It was a bracelet, rather hastily made, but still nicely made enough that Kai could tell whoever made it had experience.
Oh. Wait. Those aren't pearls.

Those were teeth.

There was also a note.


Yuanjun dropped this. Maybe your ex-wife would like it? Or one of the kids?
Love and kisses,
Qing and Mei

Wellp.

zizi
05-02-2011, 10:23 PM
Kai' face drained of all colour and he sat frozen, only his hands moving; trembling so slightly it wouldn't be noticeable at all except for the dreadful stillness of the rest of him.

Regantor
05-02-2011, 10:32 PM
After noticing his expression, Shari pulled it out of his hands and took a moment to examine it for herself. Yaunjun had Rin and all she wanted, so she couldn't give a flying shit about the stray teeth... What mattered was the insult. And the threat. The small box convexed visibly in her hands.

With it still in her possession, she briskly stood up and made her way towards the pits of the arena with tremendous ferocity. The others undoubtedly thought she was going as the raven flies to find and crush Qing, but the truth felt far more embarrassing and child-like. Yuan's recovery room. Hardly any point in hiding our connection with miss Rin now...

With vapid spite, she requested that the guards let her inside with the upmost urgency.

Kodos
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Chiyo seemed to kind of just... appear, behind Shari. "Rin wants to be alone with her. Quit being a jealous little child. Whatever you have to tell her you can tell me." She said, still in her casualwear, but carrying herself like the master assassin ninja she was. The guards, Rin's you could tell, seemed to be deferring to her.

Regantor
05-02-2011, 10:42 PM
"This isn't just concerning babyface in there, you know." Shari managed to sound reasonably respectful (Kamis knew how) as she produced the box, the teeth, and the note. "I was going to ask her for permission to go on a rather new kind of sortie. I think you should know what it is. I don't mind my life being a weapon, but this is unbearable..."

Kodos
05-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Chiyo gave a cruel little smirk. "Oh, what's this?! Has the wanna-be Oni woman suddenly grown herself a heart? I know you, and I know what you are. I know what you've done, and who've you've worked for. You're not upset out of any moral reason. Hells, you're just as broken as those two nutcases. You're just sad and jealous that Yuanjun is getting all of Rin's attention, and that the woman who beat you got beat by one of them. That's all. And before you start lying and trying to argue with me - no."

"Rin doesn't want you causing any sort of international incidents. Not yet. She's not going to let you start a fucking war because you're upset and decided to vent your anger by killing a couple of princesses."

Regantor
05-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Shari was overcome with the insurmountable urge to clout Chiyo across the face. She knew it would be less than effective, and would probally spell an early death for the husky woman, if not life imprisonment in the best case senario. But what else could she do? Cry? Beg? Show herself to be broken? No, her pride wouldn't let her do that. Not infront of one of her master's relatives, of all people.

The box was crushed in her palm before she even realised it. A nigh-unused heart churned in it's grave within her chest. Kneeling down for a second, she honestly considered it. But the words caught in her throat. Tense seconds later, she simply placed the scrunched box down on the floor before her, then ascended back to her feet again in silence. The eyes she looked back up with were red and intense, but not watering.

There was nothing she could say or do. She just made her way back to the stalls, emotions frozen.

zizi
05-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Kai jumped as he heard her approaching, apparently startled out of his brittle dispair. "Did you speak to her? What did she...?" He trailed off wretchedly as he examined her solid expression. "She didn't read it? Pushed it away?" Kai set his jaw. "Wait here," he said quietly, brushing past her as lightly as silk. He made a beeline to the healer's tent.

Kodos
05-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Chiyo gave Kai a look too. "Just because I like doesn't mean you can enter, Kai." She said sharply. "Rin wants her privacy with Yuanjun. Whatever you need to tell her, you can tell me."

zizi
05-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Kai nodded. "The disaster twins threatened my family, using Yunajun's teeth as an example." He sighed, "I know through those eyes that must seem like such a small thing, my family. But to us mere mortals down here, they're the most important thing. Ever. There are horrors out there that I can't even conceive of. I know that. But those twins threatened my family and I want to know what's being done too keep them safe."

Kodos
05-03-2011, 02:49 PM
She sighed. "Didn't Rin already tell you? Several of my clansisters are on it. Your family is safe. I am having them brought to Kusanagi-to in time for our return, as well."

She leaned in closer, whispering. "It's probably best if you don't mention the whole teeth thing to Rin. No need to upset her further. That's what they want." She then smiled and put her arm around him, back in her disguise as she started walking him away from the healing area, going on about how wild last night was and suchlike.

zizi
05-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Kai let her lead him away and then gently forced her to stop. "Will we be meeting up again tonight?" He asked and smiled, trying to sound playful.

Kodos
05-03-2011, 05:57 PM
"Are we? I thought you said you had to go back home to Kusanagi, handsome? I'd like to, though. Maybe if I ever visit the country, I'll catch you there?"

zizi
05-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Kai smiled. "Of course. Look, I've got to go meet my friends- but it's been... fun." He waved before retracing his steps back to Shari, smile faltering with every step. His thoughts had been completely scrambled, he'd lost track of time. Soon he'd see his Mio again.

Regantor
05-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Shari sat resentfully crooning forwards, weighty arms propping up her chin. Situations like this made her tired of asking herself what she truly deserved. The answer was pretty obvious every time. She was as guilty as Chiyo had said...

But what else was there? Was she expected to roll over and die? Earning personal redemption and actually gaining forgiveness were two completely different things... Fighting the horrible, completely inhuman things that they were, she had to concede things where set out pretty convenient for her. But would Rin have allowed me to fight for her otherwise?...

Still, it didn't mean she felt easy when Kai chose to be so unquestioningly nice to her. Showing her face to Mio would be next to impossible.

As he returned, Shari brought herself back to her feet and gave off an expression that didn't expect good news. Without pausing to figure out the implications of guilt liability for once, she just made a quick stride forward, then briefly took him into her arms.

"It's getting worse by the day, Mister Kai." She spoke frankly, alrough honorifics snuck their way back in again. "But I'm sure these bastards can't reach that far into Kusanagi. Not without Miss Rin knowing."

Alexander_Hamilton
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Haru coughed delicately from just behind Shari. His position was such that it had taken a bit of time for him to work his way to the other members of his party after it was clear that something was going on.

"May I ask what has happened?"

Out of seemingly nowhere, Tsubasa flew down and perched on his shoulder. Her beak was bloody; apparently she'd found a snack.

zizi
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Kai nodded against her chest, "I know. They say they're keeping Mio safe. I'll be able to see her when we get back." He sighed, "She's... not going to be happy." And if she knew about Shari, what she had done, who she was.... if Mio ever found out- well. He wasn't sure that he fancied Shari's chances. She was strong, built like a mountain, yes. But Mio moved like liquid lightning and was twice as vicious. And he really didn't fancy his chances if Mio ever found out that he'd fallen after Shari anyway. So many secrets, so many bad decisions.

Oh well. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Hearing Haru's voice he disengaged from Shari's embrace reluctantly.

"Those monsters threatened my ex wife, Mio, and her children," he explained, "Rin has assured me they will be protected, along with her current husband, the children's father."

Well, one of their fathers.

Regantor
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Shari nearly told Haru about the necklace, but found little need considering what it would actually accomplish. Haru would probably just think the same things that Chiyo did. A brooding thought loomed. Absent-mindedly, she just raised a hand towards Tsubasa to see how it would react to her stroking it.

"...I wanted to go after them." She said plainly, ducking her hand back down. "But our resident agent didn't like the idea. So I guess Yuanjun is just going to get all of-..." Again she reconsidered mid-thought, and paused. A head full of incestuous twins, cosmic horrors, empresses and ex-wives ate into her every action.

"Things are screwed up." She ended, rather uselessly.

Alexander_Hamilton
05-03-2011, 10:20 PM
"I'm sorry to hear that." Haru bowed his head. "Rin's resources and powers are far greater than mine, but please do not hesitate to ask if there is any assistance I can provide."

zizi
05-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Kai sighed. "Things are screwed up. Thank you, Haru. I don't know what any of us can do, really. It's been made brutally clear to us again and again that the forces aligned against Rin- and, therefore, ourselves- are far greater and more complex that we could ever know and, worse, that they know exactly who we are and exactly who we work for." He paused, "They made that point using Yuanjun's teeth."

Absently he tugged at his hair, "I want to go after them too. You... you can't imagine how much." He shrugged, resigned, and added bitterly, "We'd only lose and -even if we didn't- we'd just start off a diplomatic incident. One can hardly strip the meat from the bones of two Princesses and go unnoticed or unavenged."

Regantor
05-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Unavenged. Shari repeated to herself inside of her head. I could probally live with that for myself; But am I really just staying idle just for my comrades' sakes? When did I begin to care?... Surely there must be something I can do...

Crossing her arms again, the monk took up a rather spiteful pout and couldn't help but imagine more vile things to perform on Qing. "Yoko better recover. The worst thing about it is standing around like this." She spoke with a grunt, betraying more true colours. Only after observing the dusty red handprint on Kai's jacket did she remember that her hand had been bleeding earlier. "Shit, another scar..."

"When is Ryo on?"

Alexander_Hamilton
05-03-2011, 11:25 PM
Haru showed no reaction to revelation of the teeth, only tilting his head slightly forward. "Yes, the complications of human society make a drastic act such as that one impractical and impossible."

At Shari's words, he took her hand closed his eyes, concentrating. In a moment, the small wound was healed. "I hope that is better."

Cure Minor Wounds

zizi
05-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Kai rubbed ineffectually at the drying handprint on his sleeve, "Yoko's a strong lady and the twisted freak's attacks were brutal but nothing that'll really last. They seemed to be more about humiliation than pure physical damage," he said before deciding that once dried the blood wasn't really noticeable enough against his brown sleeve to bother about. "Ryo should be on now, actually. Whenever they've finished cleaning up he should be on. No idea who he's up against though," gloomily he added, "knowing our luck it'll be that incredible blind woman."

Kodos
05-07-2011, 09:38 AM
An hour or so later it was time for the semifinals of the sword-fighting competition.

Oboro was up first. She was still smoking a cigarette as the fight began. She ended up taking her opponent's sword and more or less literally beating him unconscious over the head with it.

Then Ryo was up.

You'd all seen Lady Satomi fight. She was the only one who seemed to be even remotely in the same league as Oboro and even then she was a distant second. Still, she towered above just about everyone else you'd seen. You'd heard some chatter from other members of the crowd that she was, apparently, rather high up in the Yagyu nobility, as far as her pedigree went, and that she was extremely favored and close with Shingen and, in fact, betrothed to Prince Hiroshi.

You got the idea that Yuan wasn't going to be the only one who got beat silly by nobility today.

***

Satomi was quite the looker, and wore her flowing black hair long. She wore a somewhat revealing but classy kimono beneath her ornate lamellar armor and had an equally ornate katana.

She gave Ryo a respectful bow but said nothing, already in her game-face mode.

zizi
05-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Kai sighed, "Oh, great," he muttered, "another princess who I've had a chance at stabbing is going to beat Ryo silly." Sourly he sat back in his seat. He knew he was overstating things; he could have stabbed Satomi, yes. But then she and her guardsmen would have shredded him, discovered his friends and then tortured them all slowly to death. Probably.
As for the twins... he might have been able to kill one of them. But then the other would have killed Hei and then slaughtered the rest of his friends. And then Mio and his family.
Yes, he knew he was overstating things. But the mere thought that he had had a shot at one of the twins and not taken it twisted in his gut.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Ryo gave his opponent a bow, and then with lightning speed, shot into Satomi and slashed her across the torso, unleashing the swords magical affects, boosting his defence and Shocking, freezing and burning its victim.

initiative:1d20+5=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015227/)
Attack:1d20+21=28 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015237/)
Damage:1d10+3d6+11=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015242/)
Ryo's Ac gets +4 due to MAGICAL SWORD so it's now 28

Kodos
05-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Satomi grunted slightly at the hit, but didn't let it interrupt her flow. She moved like water, gracefully and with a certain inevitability. Ryo couldn't help but be a bit envious at her skill with the sword.

She struck him four times in the time it took him to hit her once, although one of the times her sword simply glanced off his armor. Ryo's luck there, though, was countered by a nasty thwack on the head she gave him with the side of her blade on the first strike.

2d10+34=44, 1d10+17=18, 1d10+17=22 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015252/)

Superdooperphailmachine
05-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Ryo wasn't looking too good, she was way too fast for him to beat. but he soldiered on, drawing his wazikashi and striking like a tornado dealing several devastating hits.

attack:1d20+19=35, 1d20+14=34, 1d20+14=21, 1d20+11=18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015259/)
confirm crit:
1d20+14=33 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015260/)
Damage:1d10+3d6+7=23, 1d10+3d6+7=23, 3d6+7=14, 3d6+7=19 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3015268/) the second roll is doubled to 46 so 102 damage

Kodos
05-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Satomi's next four hits all found their marks, unobstructed by armor, three of them striking critically.

As Ryo fell unconscious, Satomi sheathed her sword and raised her arms in victory, taking in the cheers for a moment before heading off.

On the bright side, at least Ryo wasn't beat up a blind woman. Plus Yuanjun was still healing so she couldn't beat him up.

Regantor
05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Under normal circumstances Shari probally would have hollered at Satomi's show of skill and thought about how she would look skewered by Oboro, but at the moment she was still much to enveloped in ideas of causing the twins various mortal injuries. Serving Rin had it's upsides, sure, but things had always seemed alot more 'straightforward' and 'reactive' with her older employers...

Before she could think of a witty reply to Kai's point, the princess had layed the last blow down on their ally. Instead, she just pretended not to be paying attention as the crowd applauded, crossed her arms and sulked.

"..Well I guess he was hardly going to beat Oboro anyway." She shrugged, half talking to Kai, half to herself. "I'm not sure about her persona anymore, but I don't doubt that abbility of her's... Satomi is nothing."

Kodos
05-09-2011, 12:03 AM
Oboro's semi-final fight was against some Yagyu Samurai you hadn't even bothered to get the name of.

As always, watching Oboro fight was a nigh-religious experience. She dodged every single one of his attacks with effortless effort, before taking his sword from him and showing him how it's supposed to be used.

It did not last long. As always, the crowd went wild for Oboro, although she was clearly more interested in her cigarette than in their adoration.

zizi
05-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Kai nodded. "You're right. The way she moves..." he trailed off and shrugged, "Satomi is nothing compared to her. I wonder where she learned to move like that, and what made her so indifferent to everything."

Regantor
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
"She must be powered by anger, I guess." Shari replied, slightly hushed, but at least looking over to Kai now. "I bet she's heard more than a few dumb arrogant shits like Yaun call her a cripple behind her back..."

She surprised herself by grimacing after the last sentence, remembering how much more of a bitch she had herself acted when new to the group. If only things were still so easy...

Her mind wandered back to her meeting with Oboro. Would it be arrogant to assume the swordswoman had looked into Shari's past and found her wanting? If she knew about her connections with Rin and the Illithid incident, why would she choose to be so tight-lipped about it?

"...Was that too harsh considering she just had her teeth kicked in?" Shari asked blatantly after a pause, trying in vain to hide the fact she was obsessing about Oboro again. Never the less, the etiquette involved really was a mystery to the thuggish woman.

Kodos
05-13-2011, 09:22 PM
And then it was time for the final swordfight.

Oboro was beyond words. Maybe she just hadn't needed to exert herself in the previous fights, but you now got the impression she wasn't even trying. Gracefully she dodged and weaved around Satomi's skillful strikes, occasionally catching one, but more often than not either dodging outright or parrying with her own sword - which she still did not draw from it's scabbard. Occasionally she'd hit back with unarmed strikes of her own.

Eventually Oboro got hold of Satomi's waikizashi.

Satomi was amazing, herself. She, too, was like watching an artist make art when she fought.

She never really stood a chance. In the end, the fight had ended, really, the moment Oboro got her blade. From that point on it was just Oboro making things implicitly clear to everyone watching that Satomi, like everyone else, was just wasting her time.

She was really something else.

Alexander_Hamilton
05-19-2011, 03:34 AM
"She's very skilled," Haru said, to no one no particular. It was obvious, anyway. Considering Oboro's performance, the casual tone of the statement almost seemed like insult instead of the compliment it was. Hopefully Ryo had not taken his previous loss to heart; there was no shame in losing to such a woman.

Kodos
05-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Oboro didn't even bother to show up to receive her awards and rewards in the end. Apparently the chain-smoking redhead was nowhere to be found, having left sometime after defeating Satomi.

Yuanjun got some money and suchlike for second place. You didn't pay too much attention though, because you couldn't really stand to look at Qing.

***

The trip home was more or less like a more depressing version of the trip to Yagyu. Rin seemed upbeat, though, in spite of all that happened. Ryo may have been fortunate, she barely paid any attention to him and was all over Yuanjun even more than usual.

***

The day after you got back to Kusanagi-to Rin had you all brought to the palace again. Roku wasn't there, presumably she'd sent him off on something else, the nutjob.

Rin met you in the palace's gardens. Yuanjun was already with her, since Yuanjun had been spending most of her time with Rin already. Rin was feeding and talking to the dozen or so adorable little foxes which swarmed around her. Even the little animals seemed to be affected by her infectious charm - they didn't even seem to register Haru's arrival - odd for a Druid - and were much more interested in Rin.

Then again, Rin was feeding them bits of chicken. Haru didn't have bits of chicken.

As always, Rin greeted you with too-friendly kisses, too-close hugs and a bit of friendly groping. She really, really, just couldn't help herself.

"Well that could have all gone better." Rin said with a soft laugh. "You all did very well, though, I'm very proud of you all." She paused to give a bit of chicken to a fox that was yipping loudly and pawing at her legs. "Oh, you, mommy didn't forget about you." She purred to it.

"Anyway. I'm so sorry that you all had to deal with that... unpleasantness regarding the abomination." Her revulsion seemed genuine. "My Hideki has no idea what it might have been doing there. And I'm just a hooker with a great rack, so don't ask me."

"I've - I mean my Hideki" she gave a little giggle "- have people looking into the Cao angle." Rin gave a heavy sigh (her face is up there, her face is up there...). "It seems that all we've managed to do is raise more questions."

Rin hugged Haru close, leaving her arms around his shoulders and kissing his neck softly afterwards, still pressing up against him. As ever, she smelled, felt, and looked amazing. It was hard to concentrate. Haru found it difficult to believe any woman - any human - could be so... so perfectly sexy and beautiful.

"How're you holding up, handsome?" Rin giggled. "I imagine you in particular must be pretty shaken up over everything. Anything I could do to help you relieve some stress? I've got some ideas..." She gave a naughty little smile. "Yuanjun won't mind. Maybe we can even talk her into joining in." she added with a wink to Yuanjun.

Oh, Rin.

Alexander_Hamilton
05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
"No, thank you." Haru took a step back to remove himself from Rin's arms. Tsubasa eyed Rin jealously from his shoulder.

Lacing his fingers together, Haru said gravely, "These are, indeed, ominous signs. I hope we may uncover the answer to this mystery before something...happens..." He trailed off, thinking.

Kodos
05-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Rin smiled. "You sure you wouldn't like to let off some steam with me?" She asked, pressing the issue - and herself - against him some more. "You know they have those apes out in the West that do it. Those Chimp like things. You know what I mean, right? I think Hideki has some in the menagerie here in the city, even." She smiled. Gods but it was hard to say no. "I promise I'll blow your mind. Among other things." She gave a laugh and pushed off him, kneeling down with her foxes and happily petting the excited little things, occasionally picking one up to let it lick her face while she laughed. They seemed to really like her.

"Well, you know. Didn't they have an incident with a Mind Flayer a while back in Mizunokuni?" Rin shrugged. "Maybe you kids would like to go visit the Daimyo? I know Akemi, and could possibly pull some strings. Well, ask Hideki to do it, anyway. She and I met a while back at some diplomatic thingy that Hideki took me along to. She was really wild." Rin gave a little shudder of pleasure. "You remember her, right Ryo? She was practically throwing herself at you and you were all 'HURF DURF I'M BORING AND AWFUL.'"

"I don't know how you could say no to her, Ryo. Really. I mean, how often do you have the huge titted leaders of entire countries throwing themselves at you? Besides me, of course." More of Rin's musical laughter.

"Well, not that I run the country, of course." Rin laughed. "But you know what I mean."

zizi
05-20-2011, 06:03 AM
Kai smiled tightly at Rin's brand of subtlety, but couldn't stop the nervous fidgeting he'd been keeping up for days since they drew close to Kusanagi-to. On the one hand he was desperate to see Mio, so desperate he could barely keep his attention fixed on anything else for long.

On the other, he was more than a little nervous about how she'd react when she saw him. His former wife, though only a few years older than him and tiny in stature, was still very much more powerful than him. He had never been quick or skilled enough for unarmed combat. Mio's difficulty with empathy, her preference for dusty old books filled with anatomy and strategy over people and the taste she had developed for cruelty made her a far more effective fighter and weapon than he. Master had always favoured her, his vicious little prize, right up until he'd felt her fists connect with his skull. Kai remembered how she'd left their Master's body broken in a dozen ways and felt the icy touch of fear under his nerves. Motherhood had not softened her. If anything, the risk he'd put her children and her husband in would cause her to be far, far more dangerous.

Not for the first time he wondered if it might not be wise to slip away back to his home unnoticed and avoid Mio altogether; but then, as always, the familiar ache returned. He hadn't seen her in so long. Or the children.

He resumed fidgeting, drumming his fingers against his thighs.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-20-2011, 09:54 AM
"Well Rin, if I can say no to you, turning down a foreign leader isn't going to be hard at all. Besides it would not have been proper." Ryo replied, tapping the collar of his Kimono. He had apparently not shaved in a while, he had a bit of a beard growing.

Kodos
05-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Rin shrugged. "Your loss. She was amazing." Rin laughed and threw herself around Yuanjun, kissing her neck and hugging her close. "Of course, you know you're my favorite, right? I wouldn't want to make you jealous. Unless making you jealous would somehow result in a threesome in which the two of you tried to one-up eachother for my attention. Then I totally want to make you jealous."

Rin leaned back, still hanging onto Yuan. "Point is, lovelies, that Akemi and I fucked eachother's brains out. She's nice. She's hot. And she's dealt with this shit before. You kids could use a break, and Mizonukuni is a lovely country. It might do you some good to relax there, and maybe see if you can't get some catharsis out of talking to her."

She did a little twirl away from Yuanjun and laughed. "Besides, you're all lovely. There's a good chance she might fuck you too. Oh, oh! Ask her to show you 'the wave'!" Rin gave another happy little shudder.

"If you'd all like to go, I can get travel arrangements set up easily enough. Well, I mean, my Hideki can. I can't. I'm just a hooker. A hooker who's willing to fuck you all for free but only Yuanjun and Shari have taken me up on the offer because the rest of you obviously hate me and want to tease me until I go insane."

Everyone: Do a Knowledge Local, History, and Religion for Mizunokuni, and Knowledge: Nobility for Akemi.

Superdooperphailmachine
05-20-2011, 08:32 PM
"A break sounds good." Ryo said, trying unsuccessfully to remember things about Akemi and Mizunokuni.

Nobility (Re-rolled): 1d20+5=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3034905/)
Local:1d20+2=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3033806/)
History:1d20+3=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3033809/)
Religion:1d20=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3033811/)

Regantor
05-20-2011, 09:36 PM
"There was some revolt cra-...erm, buisness- going down in Mizunokuni years back, I remember that." Shari spoke plainly, keeping an eye on Kai's restrained emmotions so closely, that she almost let herself swear in Rin's honourable presence. All she could do to avoid the stress of thinking about Mio (and failing Kai by somehow antagonising her, should they ever even meet) was to try occuping her mind intently with the task at hand. "I know because I got hired hunting some of these weird-magic-type fellows for a while. Never bothered to ask what they had to do with the old goverment at the time, unfortunately... Guess they were one and the same."

"Akemi..." Shari repeated the name to herself out loud. Some twisted form of nostalgia brewed in her stomach, recalling memories of her early footsoldier days. Back before her skin had been either shredded or stained with ink, but not so far back as her first kills in the feild. Regardless, there was no face to the name. -and the youthful punk version of miss Tsunzaku sure as hell didn't know any Daimyo-level priests...

Alexander_Hamilton
05-21-2011, 04:15 AM
"...Mizonukuni." Haru frowned, still lost in mysterious druidy thoughts. "I am extremely grateful for the opportunity you are providing us with. Thank you." There unusual passion in his word, though it was still understated.


Local
1d20+2=6

History
1d20+0=1

Religion
1d20+11=31

Nobility
1d20+0=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3034807/)

Kodos
05-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Ryo knows that Mizunokuni is one of the four dominant nations of the Daitoshi region of Shibayama. Historically they've not gotten along well with their neighbors (neither have the other three) and most of Daitoshi's history involves at least two of the four nations being in some form of war with each other. Three times this flared up into larger wars, involving three or all four of the nations. Mizunokuni is based on an archipelago off the coast, and devoted to the veneration of the water Kami. Has a lot of water Wu Jen and Shugenja. Run by some sort of combination of non-hereditary monarchy and gerontocratic theocracy.

He knows that six years ago there was a revolution and that it was found out, in the aftermath, that the deposed tyrant was being dominated by an Illithid, who was also killed by the revolutionaries.

Akemi is 33 years old and a water Wu Jen. While well-off, her family was not nobility. Akemi was involved with the resistance/revolution for most of her adult life and personally led the attack that killed Kanagawa (the former Daimyo) and the Illithid. She has no living family, her father having died during a war, her mother having been taken by Kanagawa's agents, and her brother - a leader of the revolution himself - having been killed during the revolution.
Due to her status as a national hero after the revolution, she ended up being chosen as the Daimyo to replace Kanagawa. She's attractive and rather wild - as Rin implied - although she does have a preference for men. Despite her amazing looks, she's rather sensitive about her age. Due to her actions in the revolution, her status as a Wu Jen, and her actions as Daimyo, she's generally well-loved by the people of Mizunokuni. Her looks probably don't hurt her in the popularity department, either.

***

Haru knows that Mizunokuni is a large nation in the Daitoshi region of Shibayama based on an archipelago. He knows literally nothing of it's non-legendary history.

Haru knows that according to legend Mizunokuni - along with the three other Daitoshi cities (Hinokuni, Kazenokuni, and Tsuchinokuni) were supposedly founded by the possibly mythical priest of the Way known only as the Master of the Five Paths (or similar titles). According to myth the Master had somehow mastered all five of the elements utilized by Shugenja, rather than the one or two most Shugenja master, and personally negotiated with the Kami the pacts that would allow for Southern Wu Jen to do their thing. Supposedly the four cities sprang up at the sites where these negotiations took place, founded either by the Master himself, or by his disciples. As a result, Wu Jen and Shugenja are very common in the four great Daitoshi nations, and veneration of the Kami is even more pronounced and dominant than in other parts of Southern Izumo.

All Haru knew about Akemi was that she was the leader of the recent revolution (of which he knew the general details, given that it involved an Illithid) and that she was supposedly a great water Wu Jen, surpassed in her skill only by her beauty.

***

"A vacation it is then, lovelies. Say hi to Akemi for me, and do let her know that I'd love to see her again." Rin laughed.

"If anything comes up with the Cao investigation, or the Yagyu situation, I'll make sure you''re informed."

She smiled. "If there's nothing else, though, and you're not going to fuck me, maybe you should just go and start packing stuff for your trip?"

Superdooperphailmachine
05-22-2011, 10:28 AM
"I will go and pack then. When will we be leaving?"

zizi
05-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Kai stood, shifting his weight from foot to foot as he spoke, "Forgive me, Rin, I thought we would get some time to ourselves?" He struggled to stop the anxiety from showing on his face, instead starting to pace up and down. "And, again forgive me, but are we truly to believe- given what we were confronted with in Yagyu- that visiting a place that until recently was controlled by a-" he hesitated, even the very name held memories stark with terror, "-Thing is truly nothing more than a vacation? Shibayama is hardly a place most would consider vacation territory even in the best of times." He looked up briefly, his smile tight, "And these are hardly the best of times."

Kodos
05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
"We're alive, Kai. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you're alive and free, it's the best of times. But that's just me." She laughed and hugged Yuan again.

"And of course it's not just a vacation. You should find out if Akemi might have any information that might be relevant to whatever is going on in Yagyu. But that's not going to take long. And I doubt she does. Even if the two incidents are related, I highly doubt Akemi herself has any pieces of the puzzle. It's better to be safe than sorry, though, and Mizunokuni's a beautiful country."

"As for personal time, don't worry, love. You'll have some time to see Mio before you leave. She's here. And she'll be here when you get back."

Rin knelt down again, playing with the foxes. "I wish I could come, but Hideki probably wants me here. And the little ones would miss me, isn't that right?" She laughed, as the tiny animals swarmed about her, yipping and licking and pawing at her happily.

Regantor
05-25-2011, 09:58 AM
There was something more going on with Rin. It should have been blatantly obvious to Shari for a long time, but her unswerving loyalty to her master had always blinded her too it in the past. Perhaps Kai had loosened the monk's addiction to the unworldly courtesan’s presence? It was difficult to tell with a head so frequently filled with either furious zeal or rampant jealousy...

At any rate, the hard-edged fighter had found herself in the strange position of a mediator.

"Mizunokuni isn't so bad. I remember the beaches there, at least..." She spoke in a husky, rather amusingly faux-enthusastic tone.

Before continuing, she took note of Kai's discomfort, then Rin's lust. Her body moved swiftly to the ninja's side and placed a soft hand on his face, followed by a short but passionate kiss on the lips; A bid to solve both problems at once, apparently. "You should go and see Mio and your kids, Mister Kai, while you still can. I don't want to ruin your time with them by forcing you to explain our little, erm... relationship-deal... just yet."

Giving him a genuine smile, Shari then glanced back to her master and judged whether it was worth putting up with Yuanjun's presence or not. Rin's presence... Well, relationship or not, the woman was lovemaking incarnate. "...I'll... stay here if you desire my company, Rin."

Alexander_Hamilton
05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Haru glanced in Shari and Kai's direction. 'Relationship-deal'? So it was official? He hoped for their success but could not help thinking it would lead to complications. But what business was it of his? If they were happy with it, he would be too.

"If time and circumstances allow, I would very much like to enjoy some of their beaches. The most interesting animals live where the ocean meets the land." Nature and he needed some real alone time together.

Kodos
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I'M WARPING. YUAN STAYS BEHIND FOR NOW BECAUSE WINDY WHERE ARE YOU?! AGAIN.DUCK, ARE YOU ALIVE? IF DUCK ISN'T POSTING ASSUME TAT HEI STAYED BEHIND AT THE INN.
Rin laughed. "I'm flattered, Shari, but I've got my Yuanjun to keep me company." Rin hugged Yuan close. "We're in love, you know." She beamed.

"Anyway, off you go, lovelies. You've got packing to do. And I've got to make the arrangements with the boat and stuff."

***

The boat was nice. The ride was nice. It was nice not running into psychotic incestuous twins or horrific abominations for a change.

***

The capitol island of Mizunokuni was lovely, as Rin had said. Given the climate and the cultural affinity for spending time in the water, most of the people you met were both rather scantly clad and rather physically fit. You could see why Rin loved this place.

The capitol city was a lot like Kusanagi-to, but with more canals and fountains. Lots of people going about their businesses, lots of liveliness, and lots of shrines of varying sizes to Ancestors, Dragons, and the (Water) Kami.

***

It suddenly dawned on you. Rin had given you money to rent some space at an inn for your trip, but your lovely benefactor had kind of forgotten to tell you exactly how to go about getting an audience with Akemi. Hopefully Ryo's noble heritage might be enough. Then again, if Akemi was as wild as Rin made her out to be, your looks might be enough.

Regantor
06-09-2011, 09:05 PM
"Well... This feels decidedly closer to home turf." Shari spoke, stretching her arms above her head and taking in the air.

The carrage sprung upwards as her formidable weight left it, as ussual. Despite the fact that she'd been forced to stay out of both Kai and Rin's hair for the past few days, the emotionally cumbersome monk was actually in a good mood for once. At least here the problems with Rin, Mio, Oboro, tentacle things, twins... They were all a world away.

Hopefully, nobody from the old days would recognise her; She hopped to maintain this feeling for as long as possible.

"Anybody know how to contact this Miss Akemi, then?" She turned back to the group, her voice sounding charmed, but still not loosing it's low rasping note. "These guys seem alot more open than I remember, but high priests are high preists... Maybe you can talk to 'em, Ryo?"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 09:48 PM
"Sure, I'll just find the palace and see if I can arrange something." Ryo looked and sounded a little more lax than usual, probably the sea air and apparent laid back atmosphere. "What sort of time do you think should I aim for?" he asked, stroking his new beard.

Regantor
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
"Night, probally." Shari answered with a small smirk. "We have a task to perform, but we won't be able to leave then anyway." Her brain process pretty clearly showed a 'complete the mission and get out' attitude as always, good mood or not.

It was beyond her abbility to figure out Kai's current emotions, but she guessed that he'd probally still be brooding over his family. Placing a hand on his shoulder, she softly grabbed his attention. "Think we can get a waterfront inn with the money lady Rin gave us, Mister Kai?"

Superdooperphailmachine
06-09-2011, 10:22 PM
"Okay then, I will see you all later." Ryo gave the rest of the party a wave and left for the palace.

zizi
06-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Kai glanced up and smiled, pushing his thoughts aside. He had plenty of time to brood; they were supposed to be on holiday. "Good idea," he said, "maybe we could get a room with a nice view of the river...?" He trailed off, uncertain if she'd even want to share with him.

Kodos
06-09-2011, 11:12 PM
Ryo managed to get you all an audience with Akemi, although the people at the palace found it kind of suspicious that he didn't give a reason why he wanted to see her beyond working for the emperor of Kusanagi which really isn't a reason anymore than "I'm a member of the city watch." is a reason to arrest somebody.

***

The palace was lovely and had numerous waterways running through it. You even saw Yu Lungs swimming in some.

Also there were lots and lots of turtles.

***

Akemi (http://i.imgur.com/pSlF1.jpg) was waiting for you in an ornate meeting room of sorts. She was seated upon a divan of sorts, and most of the furnishings of the room - as well as her highly revealing clothing - seemed to be made from various shells, pearls, fish bones, scales, and other bites of things collected from the ocean.

She was as gorgeous as Rin had made her out to be, and her largely bare body was covered in jewelry, piercings, and tattoos.

At her side and to the fore was a heavily armored samurai wearing what appeared to be plate armor made from shells and bones. To your back as you entered the room and took seats on cushions was a grim looking older man in all black and who's defining physical feature was his lack of defining physical features. Probably a Ninja. He seemed to eye Shari with more than a little suspicion.

"My aides tell me that you were sent by the emperor of Kusanagi?" She asked, looking to Ryo. She didn't seem to remember him. "To what do I owe the pleasure? Oh! You can speak freely, I don't care much for protocol. And the handsome young man in the armor is Shinko, my bodyguard, who's because the elders believe I am a helpless child, and the grumpy man in black is Konpeki, who I'm sure your ninja already know as our head ninja, so I'm not going to bother pretending otherwise. He's just leaving though." She waved a hand dismissively and Konpeki left without a word but with an annoyed sigh. Shinko seemed a little unnerved by her compliments, not that you could tell much given how much armor he had on.

She smiled. "So. What can I or my country do for you?"

zizi
06-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Kai smiled to himself. Apparently very powerful, very beautiful women tended to similar attitudes for protocol. He glanced over at Shari and found himself blushing lightly. Oh for the love of the Kami. It seemed he was destined to be around women who managed to somehow conjure up thoughts he'd long thought himself incapable of.

Although, this blush was less about Shari's presence and more about what Mio had had to say about it.

He'd lain face down on the street, feeling the purpling bruise on his face already rise as she stood somewhere behind him. Any onlooker would have just seen him and assumed him to be drunk; Mio's punishment was silent and invisible. Well, almost silent.
"How sporting," he slurred against the ground before pushing himself up onto his knees, "hitting a man whilst invisible."
Mio's disembodied laugh was cold and flat. "How ironic, a worm comparing itself to a man."
She moved faster than thought and hit him again, a small bare foot snapping him back down to the ground.
"Wait- what-?" She sounded caught off guard, surprised.
Kai pushed himself fluidly to his feet and listened hard, not bothering to look around.
"Kai, Kai, Kai!" her usual monotone was high and excited. This did not bode well. "What have we here, ex husband of mine?"
She shimmered into view to his left, smirking. "You've been a busy boy."
"What are you talking about?"
Mio's smirk vanished. "Whilst I've been protecting my family- my children- from your mistakes, you've been enjoying yourself."
Kai's face twisted with guilt, "Mio I'm sorry, I would have never, ever deliberately-"
"Who is he?"
"-put you in any sort of danger..." Kai trailed off, confused. "Who is-?"
She vanished suddenly and Kai twisted around in surprise as he felt her hands on his neck. "Oh, Kai." Her sharp little fingers snatched at his clothes, pulling them away from his skin. "You've plenty of new scars of course- you're so useless, honestly- but look. Here, on your neck. These scars were not made by your sheer incompetence in battle. These are scratches of a sort made traditionally in one way only. Ouch, someone's been playing rough with you."
She released him. "Oh no." She was disgusted.
"What now?"
"You're an idiot. I mean, we both have always known this but this, Kai, this is a new level of idiocy even for you."
"Right." Kai's irritation was beginning to wear even his guilt thin. "Mio, I'm sorry. You've been beating the shit out of me for the last god knows how long and I've tried to apologise and you've brushed it aside like it means nothing and for fuck's sake do you have any idea how much I've wanted to see you? How much I've missed you? I've barely eaten or slept these past few days because I've been so entirely wound up in seeing you. I know I fucked up. I fucked up I fucked up and I will never stop apologising for that but please, please will you just stop fucking about and tell me what the fuck you are talking about?"
Mio wasn't listening. She had deigned to reappear and was staring at him intently, her expression thunderous.
"Who is he? The druid? The fucking samurai? Who, Kai, ex husband, darling one, first love and half the DNA of my eldest child- who have you been fucking?" She glared at him. "Because Kai, you are stupid but shit-!"
"I really don't want to talk about this."
"No? Because I think it is slightly relevant who you've gone and fallen in love with."

Regantor
06-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Shari's skin crawled and her stomach churned. Eyes darted between the two bodyguards and the lewdly dressed woman, before finally settling on one of the rather fancy cushions at the center of the room. Not quite the feeling of paranoia, it was the fear of Akemi's memory. The priestess and her 'old friend' where, against all probability, one and the same...

She glanced at Kai and regarded his affectionate expression for a moment, before gathering up the courage to continue. Her mind squabbled with an incoherent sentence. She'd have to lay things straight in order for her presence here not to look like underhandedness.

"Lady Akemi... It's been about six or eight years, hasn't it?" She started of with a sort of embarrassed tone. Rather than looking ahead, she was now looking into her lap and putting her thumbs together before her. "I must say that as cherished as your company was in the past, I never expected to return and find you this high up in the rankings."

Any other person and Shari wouldn't have remembered herself, but... Akemi?.... That was a major turning point. The day she went from block-headed sword fodder to an actual personal fighter. An assassin...

Regardless of the fact she'd failed, seeing as Akemi was still alive.

Kodos
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Akemi looked completely confused by Shari's words. "Hm? I'm sorry, do I know you?" She looked a little embarrassed at not remembering Shari.

This was awkward.

Regantor
06-10-2011, 04:53 PM
"Y-y-you were the first woman I ever slept with!" Shari stuttered with the grace of an ox. Instinctively, her right hand came to her face and blotted out the parrallel scars; They hadn't happened yet. Despite the implications, she really did speak as if she was talking to an old chum. "I was even your subordinate, before I... erh..."

"Well, I'm only laying this out in the open because I don't want you to get the wrong idea and all... and I'm sure that we are both completely differant people now, but..." She retreated back into her shell, closing her eyes and crossing her impressive arms. The only way she could manage the next sentence was to revert to her standard informal, opressive tone. "Hourable Lady Daimyo, I served you, had relations with you, then betrayed and tried to kill you! Surely you remember that?"

Kodos
06-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Shinko drew his sword, standing at the ready. "Shinko, please!" Akemi yelled, getting to her feet.

She looked Shari over, tilting her head either way a few times before shrugging. "Nope. Don't remember you at all. Sorry, whoever you are, but I honestly don't remember you. I can't keep track of the people I've slept with" Shinko seemed to squirm a little "and I can't keep track of the number of people who've tried to kill me."

"'Sides, assuming you're telling the truth then I guess we're left with you trying to kill me, failing (I can only assume I kicked your ass), and apparently having left such a negligible impression on me that I don't remember you at all, although you remember me."

She laughed a little (she had a lovely smile), sat back down on her diven, and shrugged. "I'm pretty okay with that."

She turned back to Ryo. "I assume you have more business here than bringing me an old lover and would-be assassin of mine? Not that I don't appreciate the gesture. It's nice to be reminded that I'm pretty badass, eh Shinko?"

"Yes, Mistress Hakunetsu."

Regantor
06-10-2011, 10:00 PM
"With all due respect Daimyo, our business involves a little creature we encountered in Yagyu a few days back." Shari cut in, agitatedly trying to claw a little of her standing back. Comfortable enough with Akemi's position, she decided it was better to just hurriedly sweep the revelation under the carpet than ponder on the things that mister Kai was probably thinking. "We didn't know it at the time, but it's the same kind of monster that was behind the curtains of your predecessor. What did our master call it?... A mind flayer."

"We killed it, but where unable to extract any information, you see." Her expression was stone-cold serious now. "Our master was wondering if you had any knowledge of their current activities. If not, generalized speculation based on your experience would suffice, M'lady."

zizi
06-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Kai winced; he'd listened to the exchange with a grim but entirely unsurprised look on his face. He hadn't known Shari had tried to murder Akemi specifically; but he knew more about her than any of his other compatriots combined.

This was more than just revealing of Shari's nature (and, he admitted, even if he hadn't known all he did he still would find it hard to be too judgemental in this instance. Murdering people for money is what he did. He could understand. To an extent.) no- this was humiliating.

The failed murder was one thing, but she'd apparently worked for and been lover to Akemi. Kai glanced at Shari, his eyes widening slightly. This meant at one time Shari had worked- well, technically worked as presumably she was a plant- for a mind flayer.

He wasn't surprised she'd cut in and forced the subject so hurriedly.

"Any information at all- however tangental and irrelevant it may seem would be useful, Lady," he said quietly, his rural Shibayama accent becoming more pronounced despite himself "although there's only a slender chance the two incidents are somehow related we want to cover all bases."

Kodos
06-10-2011, 10:35 PM
The color seemed to drain from Akemi's face at the mention of Uxalu.

"Oh." She stared at the floor for a few moments before speaking again. "Oh."

"Shinko. Leave." All her levity seemed to be gone. He seemed about to say something, but she cut him off with a quick "now." She waited until her samurai was gone before continuing.

"I'm going to entertain the idea that you're not lying. If you are lying - about this, about that - I promise you, I promise you, that I will fucking kill you myself and that I will do everything in my power to make sure that your deaths are as painful and slow as possible."

She sighed heavily. "Tell me more. You first. The Abomination." She practically spit the word. "Where was it? What was it doing? Have you spoken to the Shogun about it? Does he know that his nation was befouled by that... thing?"

zizi
06-10-2011, 10:56 PM
"We aren't lying." Kai stared at the floor, his expression blank and his face pale. "The horror of what it... does to your mind. Unimaginable. How it invades you. I-" his voice caught, "I was incredibly lucky. By slipping onto the Etherial plane I was able to dodge the full force of it's... wrongness. I killed it. But it had already- it had- it-" he gritted his teeth, "it violated the mind of one of our friends. Turned her into it's weapon... used her against Shari."

He looked up finally. "We are not lying."

Regantor
06-10-2011, 11:00 PM
Her fingers and eyebrows tightening under Kai's scrutiny, Shari continued looking into the floor but regarded him none the less. The mind flayer connections of her former employer had only just been made by her, internally. This all wasn't exactly presenting the best case for herself... Only thing to do now was pile-drive through the discussion and convince Akemi they were genuine.

"Please understand, first, that we were on a mission." She responded simply, not changing in tone despite Akemi's sudden mood shift. "...It... That vile fucker... called itself 'Uxalu'. Made a big speech before trying to get into our heads. We were just scouting out information on the Cult of Orochi in an old Shibayama temple during the first night, but I guess in hindsight it was clear something fishy was going on... second night lead us to an old butcher's storehouse. It was waiting for us there with... Well... how do I put it... people made into mindless puppets..."

"They were stockpiling magical artifacts. That's about all we know."

Kodos
06-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Akemi looked genuinely moved. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. You're friend, the one it violated. Is she okay? The one I killed, the one that had been working with Kanagawa. It... it tried to get into my mind, too." She folded up on her divan a bit, as if cold. "It violated my mind too. I guess I was stronger than it expected..." She shrugged, looking at nothing in particular. "Dunno."

"The Abomination never gave us a name. Didn't speak either. But it said things. In my head. It said things. It said things, and it violated me." She seemed to be holding back tears. "Then I killed it. I killed it."

"Saw its puppets. And its experiments." She said coldly. "Saw its food, too." She added with a grim, humorless, laugh.

"I'm sorry. I... I don't know. I don't know what I can do to help you, but if there's anything, anything, I'm at your disposal. And Mizunokuni."

Regantor
06-11-2011, 09:23 AM
"She'll live." Shari replied somberly. For a moment she did little else but put a combforting hand on Kai's shoulder, and weigh up exactly how trustworthy Akemi was. Nevermind the irony. This could have serious ramifications on all of them if the preistess wasn't who she seemed.

"I'm sorry for digging up these memories. I'm sure it's something you'd rather have left in the past." She continued, the aura of emmotional detachment holding well. "But this level of corruption is over our heads, m'lady. They have major reasources. They even followed us back on the first night with... Well, some royal connections. This was not a fluke or a plot in it's infancy. I'm sure I've already said too much."

"Can you give us some idea of what your scourge was after, perhaps? What kind of actions was the goverment trying to hurry to completion while you were overthrowing them?"

Kodos
06-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Akemi gave a heavy sigh. "I don't know. Kanagawa - the Abomination - I don't know which - I don't care which. It was taking lots of people. My mother. You know. His thugs. We never found any mass graves, and there weren't nearly enough bodies in the Abomination's lair to explain what it did with them."

"I'm... I'm sorry." She inhaled deeply, still clearly trying to stop herself from crying. "I'm not being very helpful. Apologies." She forced a smile.

"They? I thought you said there was only one abomination. And what do you mean by royal connections?"

zizi
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Kai reached up and grasped Shari's hand as he leant into her touch. "People were working with it. Powerful people who seem to have been acting under their own influence- as tenuous as I agree that is. Some of whom, at least, cannot have been the tools of the creature we killed. (Although I'm not ruling out that there may be another.)

"I'm sorry Lady, we have reasons to believe many things- please, please forgive us for being so cagey. But we've already risked and lost. One of our friends was murdered the night before we discovered the abomination- the murderers having followed us back from a mission where I observed what later turned out to be the... it's mouthpiece. They were not shy about revealing either who they were or why they were there. This is not a case of one discovered creature; this is a conspiracy."

He paused, "I'm sorry. Everything we've revealed to you so far wouldn't be a surprise to these people; they know we killed the creature (I doubt they won't make an educated guess at any rate), who we are, where we came from. Who we love. We can only hope they don't know how much- if anything- of what it is exactly we know. We're understandably uneasy to lay down our hand, even to you."

He smiled wryly, and squeezed Shari's hand. "And I doubt I'm the only one to note the irony of that, given the circumstances."

Regantor
06-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Shari rotated Kai's hand subtly, placed it on the ground, then placed her own back on top. An effort not to wave their relationship in Akemi's face, most likely. Her unflinching tone of voice still denoted that she was still conducting things as one would battle preperations.

"Thank you for not holding a grudge, maam..." A quick, if wordless, glance to Kai, then back to the priestess. "I may not have evolved as much as you, but I'd like to think I'm making a few small strides now..."

"The twins, from the Cao royal bloodline... They were the ones who killed our comrade... and worse." Bold moves came with blank-slate expressions... One had to wonder if she seen this akin to a game of shogi. "You hardly need a public excuse to kill me, so I guess I can let you in on that. Your country may even need that knowlage at the negotiating table yourselves."

Kodos
06-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Akemi sighed. "I'm sorry. I- I don't know. I don't know what to do here, really. I'll have my ninja look into it. I'm not sure what else I can say or do." She gave a sad little smile. "But if there's anything, please let me know."

She got up, shaking slightly for a moment. "If there's nothing else, I suppose you best be off? I'll need to speak to Konpeki and some others, about this. Please don't leave the city, I'll be getting back in touch."