PDA

View Full Version : [x][x][x] Assembling a Manga Team [x][x][x]

Regisnex
09-20-2011, 01:47 PM
:cat_hi:

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but eh, it said i could on the rules...

So, instead of playing with the triangle... Let's get to the point.

I can write plots and such relatively well so I got that covered.
The problem is, I'm a chronic slacker when it comes to drawing. A project usually dies before it happens because of that.. Just like this cat -> :cat_blood:

I have a co-writer as of now; Demonchild101 (maybe typed it wrong)
Artists are a big must OBVIOUSLY!!! :cat_exasperated:
Possibly being able to draw weapons and epic fight scenes (magic and w/e else in it) is a giant plus.

Most my manga ideas involve comedy and action to them. My co-writer will be the one adding the other touches to it, thank god.

So join us, we have cookies :cat_evil:

And hurry before the next cat dies O.o' :cat_noes:

P.S. Please have a link to your show of skills or something. I don't want people drawing stick figures. :cat_tantrum:

Captain_Neko
09-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Not even advanced stick figures? JK, but please could you list some specific jobs and their maximums?

Regantor
09-21-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but really... You'll need to post your own work and try to impress people with it, rather than the other way around, if you expect to get replies. Nothing is stopping an artist from just working on their own. They even get better artistic freedom that way.

If you don't feel like giving the secrets of your plot away, why not draw some rough storyboards of the first few pages, maybe? That way people will know the general pace and story type you are gunning for. Dare I say it might even make the finished product better.

Good luck, anyhow.

Regisnex
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Captain_Neko... Jobs? Yes. Next post I will XD and nice dp. Cheshire Cat ftw.

And I know Regantor. I just forgot. As I don't have any of my work on me today, I will try to bring some tomorrow. Till then, just assume that for a 17 year old slacker, I'm pretty good at both the english language (French too cause I'm Canadian) and planning out stories and such. My drawings get iffy sometimes though. Sometimes uber awesome, sometimes complete garbage. plus, wrinkles and folds, hands and females..... Not good with those though I'm getting better at the hand problem.

Regisnex
09-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Hmmm.....

Job-wise, I need the majorly obvious ones.

Artist(s) (You know, to draw stuff..)
Maybe a couple other artists for like backgrounds and little things like that (Just incase the other artist(s) can't do those smaller things)
An Editor probably. Misspells are all too common and such.
might've missed some maybe....

ram
09-22-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but really... You'll need to post your own work and try to impress people with it, rather than the other way around, if you expect to get replies. Nothing is stopping an artist from just working on their own. They even get better artistic freedom that way.

If you don't feel like giving the secrets of your plot away, why not draw some rough storyboards of the first few pages, maybe? That way people will know the general pace and story type you are gunning for. Dare I say it might even make the finished product better.

Indeed, people here usually do these things and it's becoming of a habit. they don't really know how to sell their self for people to come and partner with them.

@Regisnex, I think there's not much sadder manga team than what you have now, cause your just both writers.
If that's the case it might be better to just make a VN or something.

Failsafe
09-25-2011, 05:15 PM
I'd try 2 join but I have no way of getting my art onto the computer. I really need to figure that out.

(that "we have cookies comment was pretty stalker-ish.")

Regisnex
09-30-2011, 11:34 AM
The cookies comment was more of a joke. It was originally found on the web as join the darkside. We have cookies.

XD try uploading it using a scanner. Before I had one of those I used a webcam to get sketches up.

Regisnex
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
And on the showing my abilities, my USB is pretty missing right now so I typed a really crappy plot summary of one idea.
If it helps you feel like I am telling the truth, I was smarter than all my English teachers in highschool so far and I write stories and roleplay all the time.

Regisnex
09-30-2011, 11:45 AM
A really short summary is this; A normal, slightly clumsy teenage kid turns sixteen and finds out he is one of the children of the king of hell. Two demons come tobearth to teach him how to use his demonic powers. The main thing for the first bit will be him actually accepting all this and learning to use his demonic energy all while hiding it from his friends and family.

First chapter would pretty much have him, introduce the characters and such. Then later on he'll obviously have some unsavory problems and such.

Did I forget to mention, he grows a horn on his forehead's left side? Lulz. Inside joke is this whole manga idea is based off me and some friends joking around. I get called Lucifer and spawn of the devil all the time cause I developed exotosis on my forehead (a literal bone growth).

Yeh. Roughhh Roughhh draft writing but I hope you can imagine it. I plan good fights to balance the comedy too.

Regisnex
09-30-2011, 11:47 AM
Crap. Stupid itouch grammar-raped my post D:

ram
09-30-2011, 12:03 PM
bazzlebub with ao no exorcist twist.
yeah that's pretty much it.

Regisnex
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Haha. I went to go read them after you said that. XD Lulz Neva hearda each of them XDDD

ClockHand
10-03-2011, 01:22 PM
First rule at writing: Read others works.

Most of the time our ideas have been already used, that's why we need to read a lot so we can have an idea of what is out there and what we can bring to the table.

ram
10-03-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah, but you could make other twist with it. though he made just little sentences so that's pretty much we can make of it.
@Regisnex, those simple sentence wouldn't be enough to make people join you.
look at the writers arena, those guys weren't even recruiting people to join their team but they already have tons of words piling up.

I don't really know if your just afraid if people would steal your ideas of story but If you even read the threads here with synopsis and prologue, you would understand how many words we give out without worrying if it's going to be stolen by anyone.

edit: your story has come from your friends joking around with each other, I'm 70% sure that your friends watched ao no exorcist before or maybe read the manga, but you haven't.

it's better you come up with your own story not usually based on some people joking around with each other.

Regisnex
10-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Funny enough, they refuse to ever watch manga due to multiple reasons. They honestly just joked around and stuff.

And yes, I am a little bit worried about idea theft. Happens at school a lot.

I read this yahoo answers thing that was pretty good though. I'll link it tomorrow but the basic plot doesn't matter it's more how you go about it. A lot of books have similar storylines.

ClockHand
10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Every story is already done, it all depends on how you do.

Still, I recommend always to read other peoples work, so you will not fall in creative theft.

Regisnex
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree completely, CH.

And yeh. I've been reading more of those manga lately so mine DOESN'T get too close to them. So far, so good.

ram
10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
those who steal exact stories are just people who really suck at story making.
for me even if my story is stolen there's no way someone can make a better continuation of it better than I do, if there is one they won't be stupid enough to steal mine cause they're already so good at story making.

I do understand if you don't want your story to be stolen though. I just shared my opinion.

Bacon_Barbarian
10-09-2011, 02:44 PM
The problem with reading stuff to avoid idea theft, is that the more you read, the more similarities you will see, even if they're very small. For example, I recently came up with a character somewhat similar to Dr. Light from the DC Universe. Now, he isn't really much like Dr. Light at all, but just because they have the same power, I felt as if I was ripping off of DC.

I'm having trouble articulating, but I think/hope you will understand.

Regisnex
10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Haha.
I might post up maybe a few pages of planning and some more plot in a few days so bear with me. :p

And yeh. Don't worry. XD I have more ideas that are original too. Not just a 1 idea kinda man.