PDA

View Full Version : So why is Nickleback so bad?

Fenn
09-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Oops, hang on.

http://blog.bekahbrunstetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/flameshield.jpg

Okay. So yeah, I like their music. It's catchy.

GunZet
09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
I like maybe one or two songs, but it's mostly because everyone else is a hater lol.

Fenn
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I like maybe one or two songs, but it's mostly because everyone else is a hater lol.

Yeah i don't get it what's the big deal?

Hell_Baron
09-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Alex? is that you?

GunZet
09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I remember when I first came here. Jubeh dished on the fact that I love Linkin Park.
Then he told me he was just messing around, listen to what you like, it's no issue.

Don't know why he hasn't told you the same thing, but you know, I've been here a while, watched him grow up. He's getting a bit advanced in the age sector, give him a break. Retirement's soon.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I remember when I first came here. Jubeh dished on the fact that I love Linkin Park.
Then he told me he was just messing around, listen to what you like, it's no issue.

He did the same thing to me. Just without that second sentance. :|

Outcast
09-12-2011, 07:33 PM
You're not cool enough.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Man, that's no excuse. GunZ loves me. Right GunZ? *pets*

Fenn
09-12-2011, 07:43 PM

Don't know why he hasn't told you the same thing, but you know, I've been here a while, watched him grow up. He's getting a bit advanced in the age sector, give him a break. Retirement's soon.

I'm not sure if you remember, but I made a thread about Linkin Park on the old forum. It was one of my first threads actually. It was basically the first experience I had with the argumentative side of the community (I thought it was scary--until I ventured into my first Kodos-affiliated thread).

And tbh this was both a reply to a comment jubeh made in the video game forum (which rly was nbd) and I joke thread since I hadn't made one in a while. I could tell the quality of chatterbox threads had been declining without me there to unleash my immaculate humor upon the poor creativeless masses, so I took inspiration from that comment and made this thread.

Thread needs moar jubeh.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Going along with the "game" I mentioned earlier ... SCROTUM!

CypressDahlia
09-12-2011, 08:37 PM
I just don't like Linkin Park because I don't like being screamed at.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Most LP isn't screamo.

ClockHand
09-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Why Nickelback sucks? Easy!

It's one of the bands who have made less innovation of all, this goes to the points that their whole music is the repetition of the same compositions because it sells. So basically is a band that makes music to sell, not to inspire or innovate (you can listen how they use similar tempos, beat's and others). Even more, there is people who claim that some songs are ripoff of other songs (I haven't gave that much attention so I don't have this experience).

Why Linking Park sucks? Easy!!

Basically Linking Park has made some copy paste with their songs, the lyrics are quiet emo (wannabehardcore) and the composition of the instruments some time is unnoriginal (doing same riffs) and others doesn't work with each other (don't add in a organic way).

Both Nickelback and Linking Park are market band's which mean, those are sell to a segment of population with the same taste, so they don't need innovation, just keep doing the same thing over and over again. Also I hate their lyrics (Nickelback use the same subjects the whole time and Linking Park its sooooo emo).

Also I hate slipknot, I think that people who listen this kind of Nu-Metal are kids who want loud music, without knowing there are way more awesome "loud" band's out there. Thanks MTV.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Linkin Park albums do NOT sound a like. There is a clear difference in Hybrid Theory, Minutes to Midnight, and 1000 Suns. Nor are they emo. Never has there been a message to kill yourself in a LP song. (Well ... ... Shadow of the Day maybe.) As for Nickelback ... They're OK. I like two of their song. And even if LP/Nickelback was all the same, that doesn't make them bad. All the Rolling Stone albums sound the same, does that make them a bad band? People are entitled to opinions, and OMG!NOWAI!! musical taste is subjective. (Waits around for GunZ to reinforce his argument like he did on the middle MT.)

And don't blame MTV for anything, they haven't aired a music video since the late 90's.

ClockHand
09-12-2011, 10:22 PM
For my Linking Park is the same as always has been (I have live enough to have listened them in all the periods of the band's life) and for both linking park and nickleback they are just a marketing band, they sell what they now it sells. There is no risk,

I actually don't like the Rolling Stone, I like some of their songs, but as a band (TODAY!) are not as good.
I prefer The Residents, Primus, Mike Patton, etc.

Also yeah, yeah, yeah it's subjective, but there are objectives parameters, specially in music, which is pure math. And this bands do that, they know the mathematical tempos and beat that work, and they keep using them, they are marketing bands.

Fenn
09-12-2011, 10:27 PM
For my Linking Park is the same as always has been (I have live enough to have listened them in all the periods of the band's life) and for both linking park and nickleback they are just a marketing band, they sell what they now it sells. There is no risk,

I actually don't like the Rolling Stone, I like some of their songs, but as a band (TODAY!) are not as good.
I prefer The Residents, Primus, Mike Patton, etc.

Also yeah, yeah, yeah it's subjective, but there are objectives parameters, specially in music, which is pure math. And this bands do that, they know the mathematical tempos and beat that work, and they keep using them, they are marketing bands.

Would that not be considered skilled, talented, or a host of other adjective which are only partially related to good? I mean, saying they're objectively bad bands is practically a personal insult. Unoriginal, low-talent, fine. But BAD? You're telling me my ears suck essentially...

Interesting, you are bringing up the same subject I'm debating with Cypress over in Video Games. I think tomorrow I'll make a thread addressing the concept of "good" and "bad" in media, and we can all have it out.

ClockHand
09-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Well Bad has for extention unoriginal, low-talent and cheap... so I use bad because of the extention.

You know, when I first start learning to play guitar I start to appreciate other bands and throw away others, not because I was listening what was bad in the band's or good in them, but because I start listening every instrument and I start realizing how the whole composition work's. Reason why I fell in love with the Math Core genre and the Noise music. I'm not saying you have bad ears, but maybe you need to listen more careful.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Linkin Park's last album was in NO WAY meant to sell (well, it was but ...). It's a concept album, and it BOMBED among the fanbase. Hell, according to the Singer, their won't actually be Noise in their next ablum.

Fenn
09-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Well Bad has for extention unoriginal, low-talent and cheap... so I use bad because of the extention.

You know, when I first start learning to play guitar I start to appreciate other bands and throw away others, not because I was listening what was bad in the band's or good in them, but because I start listening every instrument and I start realizing how the whole composition work's. Reason why I fell in love with the Math Core genre and the Noise music. I'm not saying you have bad ears, but maybe you need to listen more careful.

I knew you weren't really insulting me. Thing is I'm not sure I want to listen more closely if all it will do is increase my taste/expectations. If I was discontent with my music tastes maybe...

As far as bad, "unoriginal, low-talent and cheap" may mean bad for you but not for others. It's gonna be part of the debate I make tmrw. Don't get ahead of me!

ClockHand
09-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Linkin Park's last album was in NO WAY meant to sell (well, it was but ...). It's a concept album, and it BOMBED among the fanbase. Hell, according to the Singer, their won't actually be Noise in their next ablum.

Key words: "It was" and "BOMBED among the fanbase"

I knew you weren't really insulting me. Thing is I'm not sure I want to listen more closely if all it will do is increase my taste/expectations. If I was discontent with my music tastes maybe...

Then if someone says Nickelback/Linking Park is bad, you will have to suck it. Or keep doing meta discussions about good vs bad, which are going to bore everyone to death, and mostly people are going to tell you "there are objective parameters of what I'm saying and you are deflecting the discussion".

Fenn
09-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Then if someone says Nickelback/Linking Park is bad, you will have to suck it. Or keep doing meta discussions about good vs bad, which are going to bore everyone to death, and mostly people are going to tell you "there are objective parameters of what I'm saying and you are deflecting the discussion".

Y'know most people told Galileo to suck it too.

Evil_Cake
09-12-2011, 10:46 PM
lol

ClockHand
09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Y'know most people told Galileo to suck it too.

Funny thing, most people though the earth was flat, and that was considered the true. Why this remember me so much to another discussion that imply that a video game was good if everyone like it?

Fenn
09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
lol

So cake have you met waffles?

Bacon_Barbarian
09-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Funny thing, most people though the earth was flat, and that was considered the true.
Actually no, they didn't. It was established relatively early on the Earth was round. It's a modern myth, created to make us modern men look better, that they thought the Earth was flat.

Key words: "It was" and "BOMBED among the fanbase"
Fine everybody. And if they were trying to sell it, why would they abandon the fanbase and change their style so drastically? They wouldn't. They did what they wanted to do. Go read a critic's review. Most all will call it bad.

Fenn
09-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Funny thing, most people though the earth was flat, and that was considered the true. Why this remember me so much to another discussion that imply that a video game was good if everyone like it?

Funny thing, most people actually read my replies. I already determined the different between fact and opinion.

If you want to continue this discussion, wait till tomorrow when I make the thread.

ClockHand
09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Actually no, they didn't. It was established relatively early on the Earth was round. It's a modern myth, created to make us modern men look better, that they thought the Earth was flat.

I know.

Fine everybody. And if they were trying to sell it, why would they abandon the fanbase and change their style so drastically? They wouldn't. They did what they wanted to do. Go read a critic's review. Most all will call it bad.

Young kids. The fanbase grow up and left it, so they need new kids, and the new generations are not going to eat the same, so they change it to win a new fanbase (everything they do is made for marketing).

GunZet
09-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Please learn to spell a band name right first before you start ranting about your dislike for it, Clock.

ClockHand
09-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Please learn to spell a band name right first before you start ranting about your dislike for it, Clock.

great post.

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 01:02 AM

Just pointing out that there is pretty much no evidence that people thought the earth was flat. People in the middle ages thought of the earth as round, and even as far back as ancient greece people thought the earth was spheric. Roger Bacon even wrote about the curvature of the earth in the 13th century. Blame is often put on the American writer Washington Irving for putting forth this "rumour".

Not to take away from your point, I'm just saying, that's all.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 02:35 AM
Hey john check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5rHWY0hAWc

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 12:33 PM
That looks sweet dude. Too bad it's probably never coming out in north america.

CypressDahlia
09-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Most LP isn't screamo.

Their "best" and most recognized songs are all screamo.

digitek
09-13-2011, 01:34 PM
my friend's facebook status was:

If you see a link that offers you free tracks from Nickleback's new album DO NOT CLICK ON IT. It goes to a site with free tracks from Nickleback's new album.

**PLEASE REPOST**

I do kinda like Nickleback, but I thought this was hilarious.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
That looks sweet dude. Too bad it's probably never coming out in north america.

The way the batting works means the game has real bat to ball physics. No random computations to decide where the ball goes.

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
The way the batting works means the game has real bat to ball physics. No random computations to decide where the ball goes.

Yeah that looks sweet. I still have to try out the show demo I downloaded too.
Also if I had that Pro Yakyuu game I would just make my pitcher throw breaking balls all the time.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Idk I think it would be easier to hit breaking balls in that game because if you see it break you can adjust really fast, where in most baseball games whether your guy hits it or not is based on timing and computer calculations and stuff.

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah but you see the player would be like okay he's thrown five breaking balls in a row there's no way he's gonna throw a sixth.
then I throw a sixth breaking ball and he's caught staring at it and then for good measure I throw in a fast ball for a second strike and so he thinks okay now he's changing it up, he's probably gonna throw it up and away now so I'll just hang back so he can walk me and then I will throw another breaking ball and strike him out.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Well okay I guess

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 02:24 PM
You gotta get in the players heads, James. Think as they think.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 02:30 PM
So Im reading about the differences between the NPB and MLB. Japanese players live in dormitories apparently. Also

Some teams can't smoke, drink, or even grow a mustache.

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 02:37 PM
the smoking and drinking thing I can understand, but the mustache? Man...

James we should find some website that streams NPB games or something. What team would you follow if we found a website that did this

jubeh
09-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I've been looking for one for like 3 days now. ):

Also they serve ramen at ball games apparently.

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Holy shit dude that's awesome. And I think if we can find something, I'm gonna root for the Hanshin Tigers. They had Randy Bass play on their team for a while and also there's this hilarious thing about Colonel Sanders causing a curse on the team.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Randy bass is p wild. He's like a senator now.

Idk who I like tho I really would like to watch some full games.

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I found this but I gotta look into it more.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/sb20090426wg.html

edit: I was reading up on Bass and there's this funny story about how they used to spell his name バス (Basu) but a bus company wanted the team to spell his name バース (Bāsu) because bus in Japanese is spelled バス and they were afraid it would give negative connotations if newspapers were to write "Basu unstoppable!" or "Basu explodes" if he played well and "Basu crash" if he hit a slump.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
Their "best" and most recognized songs are all screamo.

Once again, not true. Crawling and One Step closer are, yes, but (and this is my opinion on what are the most well known) In The End, Numb, Breaking the Habbit, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Shadow of the Day, The Catalyst, and Iridescent all aren't.

Gedeon
09-13-2011, 06:47 PM
can i just ask for one thing.........like a private chatbox for Haya and Jube. In every single thread i see you guys talking about something on the other side of the "not about the topic" part of the "not talking on the topic" folder.
Anyways i kinda like almost everything, if im in the right mood. I listen everything from classisc's and opera's ( Karmina Burana being the favorite) Ramstain and Max the hormone. So i like few Nickle-backs songs but i don't listen to them as much as Disney songs(they RULE btw)

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
can i just ask for one thing.........like a private chatbox for Haya and Jube. In every single thread i see you guys talking about something on the other side of the "not about the topic" part of the "not talking on the topic" folder.

You know this is the chatterbox right

CypressDahlia
09-13-2011, 10:34 PM
In The End, Numb, Breaking the Habbit, What I've Done, Bleed It Out, Shadow of the Day, The Catalyst, and Iridescent all aren't.

All of these songs have at least once instance of loud, whiny singing in them with the exception of the last two. But, TBH, I wouldn't even be able to tell the last two were Linkin Park. Completely different from their normal stuff. Especially the very last one. Sounds so...Owl City...and bad.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Concept album. What you gonna' do. Though, I actually like Iridescent.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Concept album. What you gonna' do.

Um not make a concept album? There's a reason you don't see a ton of those.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 10:57 PM
You're play an instrument don't you? Are you telling me it's bad to try and branch out every once and a while?

Fenn
09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I LOVE THE CATALYST. It's one of my go-to songs for creative inspiration.

Anyway I never got around to making that thread. But I will eventually.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
Concept albums have nothing to do with branching out. If anything, its p much the opposite. You choose some arbitrary theme and pigeonhole yourself into writing inside of it. You have to do this without alienating fans and accepting the fact that you chose to make a concept album because you're incredibly pretentious.

Fenn
09-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Concept albums have nothing to do with branching out. If anything, its p much the opposite. You choose some arbitrary theme and pigeonhole yourself into writing inside of it. You have to do this without alienating fans and accepting the fact that you chose to make a concept album because you're incredibly pretentious.

But concept albums are really cool when done right. It's like a story told through nothing but music.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 11:02 PM

Oh ... ... ... I thought it was more trying new things centered around doing whatever the fuck you want. Though, 1000 Suns totally had an anti-nuke theme, and I'm down with that.

jubeh
09-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Very few bands can do concept albums, and you'll notice the ones that do tend to be pretty sharp guys.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 11:04 PM
I dunno' The Beatles aren't that amazing. (JOKE)

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 11:23 PM
What's the point of a joke if you straight up say it was a joke.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Because whenever I say something serious, people think it's a joke, and when I tell a joke, people think I'm being serious. L:|

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 11:34 PM
psh. Anyway I heard of this concept album called mandudewhat and the concept is its not actually a concept album. the band is pretty much genius.

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 11:46 PM
So it's a Non-Concept Concept Album?

Hayashida
09-13-2011, 11:46 PM
No Bacon you just don't get it!!

GunZet
09-14-2011, 12:13 AM
How did this garner 7 pages.

Hayashida
09-14-2011, 12:16 AM
cuz I got swag

bambi
09-14-2011, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRC2ICZ4ZIo&feature=related

I am a fan. :cat_rosy:

Hayashida
09-14-2011, 12:46 AM
I struggled to make it 30 seconds into that song. And it doesn't help that that dude with the DC hat looks like a total wanker.

bambi
09-14-2011, 12:50 AM
I definitely didn't watch the video. But the song is good.... to me. hah.

GunZet
09-14-2011, 01:53 AM
LP is great, all you people sippin' the haterade can shove it and get sued by Lars.

jubeh
09-14-2011, 02:31 AM
This is now the "Why is foxy shazam so good" thread

Hayashida
09-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Man, Sky Vaughn White is so good on those keys man.

Sylux
09-15-2011, 06:29 AM
Metallica's new stuff is p ok and also Slipknot sometimes sounds cool

Hayashida
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
slipknot? really? slipknot?

GunZet
09-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Slipknot is pretty damn awesome if you ask me. And old Metallica is where it's at, the new stuff is just...catchy.

CypressDahlia
09-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Not gonna lie, Slipknot is the best I've heard of any genre with the word "core" at the end. That's not necessarily good, but not nearly as noisy and dissonant as "-core" bands get. Have you guys heard "grindcore"? Stuff is horrible. But then again, I wouldn't know what //real// grindcore is because every time I try to find a video of it on Youtube, half the comments are defensive grindcore fanboys going "this isn't real grindcore". So I'm forever stuck trying to find "real" grindcore to found my opinion on because the grindcore fanbase is so damn hipster that it can't even identify the object of its own fandom.

GunZet
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I hate it when people label metal by genres...it's all just metal to me. Although there is a giant distinction between metal, black metal, and death metal. Slipknot is just general metal to me.

You guys want the hard shit that'll sound like ass to untrained ears, youtube Job For A Cowboy - Entombment of A Machine.

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Not gonna lie, Slipknot is the best I've heard of any genre with the word "core" at the end. That's not necessarily good, but not nearly as noisy and dissonant as "-core" bands get. Have you guys heard "grindcore"? Stuff is horrible. But then again, I wouldn't know what //real// grindcore is because every time I try to find a video of it on Youtube, half the comments are defensive grindcore fanboys going "this isn't real grindcore". So I'm forever stuck trying to find "real" grindcore to found my opinion on because the grindcore fanbase is so damn hipster that it can't even identify the object of its own fandom.

Dude I love grindcore, mathcore, porncore, etc. But again, there are plenty of bands that sucks, this is because there is a general idea that grindcore must by noisy, which is a lie, because even in noise there must be a clarity and a distinction between elements, this is how noise music is labeled between good or bad.

GunZet
09-15-2011, 04:04 PM
wtf is math and porncore lol. I hope those are just made up. I have heard of Mathmetal though.

CypressDahlia
09-15-2011, 04:06 PM
The thing is I haven't heard any "core" music that //isn't// noisy. I just figured it was a feature of the genre because it's so specific already (though not specific enough for me to differentiate between the different ones except rapcore, since it has...well elements of rap). I'm looking for that grindcore that people actually say is enjoyable or at least "real", so I can have a proper opinion of it.

Also, yeah. Way too many subgenres, srsly. There is no audible difference between what I've heard of death metal and grind. I think people create these labels to seem more exclusive.

jubeh
09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
I only listen to buttcore

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 04:48 PM
I don't know what you mean with noisy. But Noise music its supposed to be "noise" with composition, which mean that the noise you heard it has a pattern and a intention in it, making bad noise music the opposite (noise without pattern).

Melt Banana does it right, mixing noise with punk, you have noise music but with instruments behind making the composition, of course a lot of people will just heard the noise, there are also people who will appreciate it. In the end in that part is just a matter of taste. The same goes with grindcore, if its done wrong you are just going to heard noise, but made it right, you can listen the pattern and the intention.

Porncore is grindcore but with sexual subject basically and Mathcore born from Mathrock (mathmetal born from it to) but its way more complex in rhythm (for me taste is one of the most mathematically enjoyable kind of music because of the pattern they use in the rhythms and sections).

It has scream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMPvknyczCE&feature=related

CypressDahlia
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
See, I can actually hear some music in that. The grindcore I've heard was just noise. And Melt Banana is p. awesome. Reminds me of that old show on Adult Swim.

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 04:54 PM
It's just taste. I don't know I begin to like noise (mathcore, grindcore, noise) when I start learning to play guitar, then I listened some songs I was "wow, those are serious skills (playing instruments and in composition)".

Melt Banana kick serious arses (Monkey man!! ayayay ayayaya everyone want to hug monkey man)

jubeh
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
Melt banana is cool. Clock you should listen to shinsei kammatechan even if you dont understand it. I dont understand why you can't listen to music if you dont know the words

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Usted es un oso muy oloroso.

I like to understand )=

jubeh
09-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Understanding is for girls

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Understanding is for girls

Am I pretty?

GunZet
09-15-2011, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEgh8AWETA&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL348CAF7A7C9BAA3C

Ugh, so sick.

Delphinus
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Grindcore? Mathcore? Those are for guys with long greasy hair who never leave the house. Be suave: listen to cyberpunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPblXBu54I4

jubeh
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
It was only a matter of time before this became a music posting thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onzg5sgiy1c

Delphinus
09-15-2011, 05:14 PM
How is it that song is weird enough to be weird but not weird enough to be avant-garde.

jubeh
09-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Lets slow it down for all the ladies and the gay guys

CypressDahlia
09-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Why call it cyberpunk when it's just drum n' bass?

Delphinus
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
because of the obvious industrial influence?

jubeh
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Wat

Edit: Somebody needs to learn what cyberpunk is

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 06:08 PM

That's make it cyberpunk?

I don't know I agree that there are a lot of genres that shouldn't exist.

http://www.granateseed.com/futilepodcast/wp-content/uploads/rocketeer.jpg

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Hey jubeh, cool rocketeer.

But they show to much their butt's.

GunZet
09-15-2011, 06:23 PM
You don't like butts?

digitek
09-15-2011, 06:25 PM
then you might not like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4he79krseU

CypressDahlia
09-15-2011, 06:37 PM

Influences make an entirely new genre now? So if I take 95% drum n' bass and throw a banjo in it, it's cyberbilly?

This is classic D&B from the SS2 soundtrack. Tell me how different that is from the song you posted that it justifies creating an entirely new genre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8ga23Xdw7k

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Those are the reasons why there are so many stupid genres.

If I'm japanese and play rock I'm making jrock? If I play rock on japan I'm making jrock? there are a lot of genres that are unnecessary (not just the j-something but also many others) and as I see it a genre can only be a genre by itself only if the estructural composition of the music let it. By example Punk is a different genre from Rock not just because of the lyric, but also because of the rhythms, beats and riffs.

CypressDahlia
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
I wonder who comes up with the genres. Either pretentious artists who want to seem "new" or does some neckbeard sit at home thinking of cool things to call slightly altered music? It's like the question of how we discovered herbal medicine? Did someone roam around the forest eating random leaves and recording the results? Someone has to be out there coming up with these subgenres!

Hayashida
09-15-2011, 09:21 PM
inputting my input
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v6xU96KLBL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>