PDA

View Full Version : Another Character design!

Portogas
09-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Hello!:cat_hi:

Long time since I've taken a look here at the forum, I have been very busy lately with school and further education. I intend to study something like illustrator and graphic designer, so I'll definitely be adding more pictures to come. I have not yet posted my "Secondo Wave" sorry for those of you who have waited but I hope to put it out soon!

Now back to the topic of the thread! I have worked long to make along story line, at last I can see light in the tunnel. Going to need some further help, unfortunately I have not English as my first language so hehe things can be difficult. :cat_teardrop:

But I'm working with another main character who is named "Lake" have made ​​a little drawing here that I want to get your opinions! This is what I like to call lazy inking, haha meaning that I haven't yet finished the image but appreciate the criticism!

I've posted a similar photo before, but I was inspired by another artist. So I dropped it and instead made ​​another based on my own style. The Storie will be supernaturel as you probably are going to notice!

PS; :cat_tea:

Phew, I apologize for the length of the thread. :cat_remorse:

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/09/Portogas-lake.jpg

ram
09-05-2011, 04:53 PM
i think this is what the manga work and the crique corner is for.
but unless someone moves it, i'm in for it.

the character kinda has a hair that pops out of nowhere. and i think the perspective of the face is wrong.
but if the character design your asking me. it's cool

Portogas
09-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Yeah I noticed it now.. my mistake... I didn't concentrate enough on the hair, my goal was to create my own character ^^

ram
09-05-2011, 04:56 PM
just make a thread in the ask a mod and say that you want to move this thread to somewhere

Portogas
09-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I will!

The thread will hopefully be moved to " critique corner " pleas give me your opinion there! "

Celestial-Fox
09-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Hey, you've got some awesome linework going on. However, it seems like you need a little bit more work on keeping things in proportion. Right now thing look a little lopsided; try horizontally flipping the image periodically as you work on it to avoid that. :)

Portogas
09-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey, you've got some awesome linework going on. However, it seems like you need a little bit more work on keeping things in proportion. Right now thing look a little lopsided; try horizontally flipping the image periodically as you work on it to avoid that. :)

Thank you!

I was so focused on trying to create a character, that I kinda forgot the basic stuff... but I will be looking in to it! Thanks! :)

Leannah
09-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I agree. The right side of his chin/ his right cheek seem to be a bit out of proportion and his hair is messy but I LIKE IT!

Portogas
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
I agree. The right side of his chin/ his right cheek seem to be a bit out of proportion and his hair is messy but I LIKE IT!

Thanks! I will be looking more into it ^^

kine
09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
the face looks alitttle thin but that may just be your style i like it though

Portogas
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
the face looks alitttle thin but that may just be your style i like it though

Yes, I prefer that style :P

Leannah
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
No problem but keep in mind that I'm no expert and your drawing rocks <3

Portogas
09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
No problem but keep in mind that I'm no expert and your drawing rocks <3

There're some mistakes you can notice even though you still aren't an expert! Thank you I appriciate it! ^^

Leannah
09-08-2011, 10:03 AM
No problem :D