PDA

View Full Version : Drawing exercises?

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I've heared people talk of drawing exercises a few times now, could anyone tell me any good ones? I've googled it and stuff, but it always mentions stuff like drawing with wire, and contour drawing...

ram
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
you could try downloading "how to draw anime and game character"

it's kinda a book, and the volume 1 is not hard to find

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 07:34 PM
you could try downloading "how to draw anime and game character"

it's kinda a book, and the volume 1 is not hard to find

thanks, i downloaded vol 1+2 i'll check them out now ^-^

ClockHand
09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
A old illustrator I know told me one time to always do this:
-draw many vertical lines; at the beginning draw it each one close to the other, and gradually go increasing the distance. Every line should be parallel to the others. Every time you finish a row of lines, do another one but changing the direction you are doing the lines.
-draw many horizontal lines; similar to the previews but now horizontals. You also need to change the direction in how you are making the lines every time you finish a row.
-draw many diagonal lines; similar to the other, but now in diagonal. You also need to change the direction in how you are making the lines every time you finish a row.
-draw quick circles and go changing the direction in how you are drawing them.

These exercises are great to have control over the lines, and also you are going to draw some stuffs way more faster.

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 07:48 PM
A old illustrator I know told me one time to always do this:
-draw many vertical lines; at the beginning draw it each one close to the other, and gradually go increasing the distance. Every line should be parallel to the others. Every time you finish a row of lines, do another one but changing the direction you are doing the lines.
-draw many horizontal lines; similar to the previews but now horizontals. You also need to change the direction in how you are making the lines every time you finish a row.
-draw many diagonal lines; similar to the other, but now in diagonal. You also need to change the direction in how you are making the lines every time you finish a row.
-draw quick circles and go changing the direction in how you are drawing them.

These exercises are great to have control over the lines, and also you are going to draw some stuffs way more faster.

thanks ill try this out ^-^

Matt
09-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Similar to Clock's advice, I was once told by an actual pro in the business:
-Draw a horizontal line, a vertical line, and random curves.
-Now trace over said lines without making them one iota thicker or longer.
-Repeat.
-????
-PROFIT

I did that once and had a random level jump afterward. Not sure if it was the exercise or a collection of things (most likely the latter). Haven't tried it since then . . . two years ago.

trilokcool3
09-04-2011, 12:50 AM
if you are way too new to digital arts and you want to start right away USING A MOUSE . OR else ignore it
SOFTWARE USED IS MANGA STUDIO EX4
THIS IS TOTALLY my style of drawing
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/tktcool3/TUTORIAL%20ARTS/tuto4.jpg
SOME EXAMPLES i followed this concept and BELOW ARE THE RESULTS.
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/08/trilokcool3-lag.jpg?t=4e63028784fb4
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/08/trilokcool3-red-haired-shank.jpg?t=4e6302ed01b45
SO YEAH tats it.

The_shaman
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
drawing exercises
1. 30 second gesture drawings
2. 1 minute gesture drawings
3. blind contour drawing
4. line control drawing.