PDA

View Full Version : How to make your inking more smooth?

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 12:51 PM
How can i make my inking more smooth and nice, i use a proper inking pen, one of the ones with a separate nib and handle and that you have to dip in ink. The nib wasn't expensive, it was about 1 and i use Indian ink (which is weird they call it Indian ink because the only ingredients are "real chinese ink stick and water". Anyway they dont look to bad on paper, unless you look closely but on a computer they look very bumpy and bad quality :(.

ClockHand
09-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Everything is on the wrist.

Actually the tool doesn't matter to much, what matters is your control over the line (of course the tool matters when it's spilling ink all over the place).

Most scaned inked work will look bad, this is why the scaner and its configuration is so important. Try to scan everything in black & white, with a size over 300pp in png. I use this for my scans and I'm pretty happy with the results.

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Everything is on the wrist.

Actually the tool doesn't matter to much, what matters is your control over the line (of course the tool matters when it's spilling ink all over the place).

Most scaned inked work will look bad, this is why the scaner and its configuration is so important. Try to scan everything in black & white, with a size over 300pp in png. I use this for my scans and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Ok well i use my grandma and grandads scanner atm, its build into a printer copier and stuff so i doubt its up to the level of a stand alone one, but ill be getting one soon, also when i ink i dont use my wrist at all really, i lift my whole hand and arm off the paper and move like my upper body sort of, kinda like doing japanese calligraphy wit ha brush :L idk why.

ClockHand
09-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Supposedly you have to draw with your arm, not the wrist. But I find extremely hard drawing with my whole arm when I work on details or more smooth work.

I use more my wrist, and the arm only in big draws. But the correct thing (apparently) is using your whole arm.

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Supposedly you have to draw with your arm, not the wrist. But I find extremely hard drawing with my whole arm when I work on details or more smooth work.

I use more my wrist, and the arm only in big draws. But the correct thing (apparently) is using your whole arm.

i see :P, but so basically i should just figure out good scanning settings, (once my scanner comes)

ClockHand
09-03-2011, 02:57 PM
That and keep working on the use of your hand.

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 03:02 PM
of course :P

Hamachi
09-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Quite honestly it's a very physical thing. You have to get several muscles in your arm toned for that kind of control, not to mention getting your brain to build all the new synapses for that fine-tuned technique. How do you accomplish this? Drawing exercises. Lots and lots of drawing exercises.

kamisoyokaze
09-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Quite honestly it's a very physical thing. You have to get several muscles in your arm toned for that kind of control, not to mention getting your brain to build all the new synapses for that fine-tuned technique. How do you accomplish this? Drawing exercises. Lots and lots of drawing exercises.

What are drawing exercises? Like drawing a figure 8 for hours on end like they used to make me do at school xD ?

ram
09-03-2011, 07:24 PM
adobe illustrator does help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBUBIR2KhqY&feature=player_embedded#!