PDA

View Full Version : Buying a scanner, is this ok?

kamisoyokaze
08-30-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm buying a scanner so i dont have to go to my grandma and grandads to scan my drawings, is this one ok?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9293399/Trail/searchtext%3ESCANNER.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Epson Perfection V33 LED Photo Scanner 4800dpi.

Easy scanning with 4 easy-push buttons linked to Epson Event Manager, multiple page scan to PDF, high compression PDF, searchable PDF, text enhancement, stand-alone application, scan to file feature, multi-purpose user interface, multi-document auto detection, multi-document auto cropping, auto skew correction and multi-marquee. Print Image Matching-II-Image enhancement function: colour restoration, grain reduction, selectable tone of auto-exposure, unsharp mask with noise reduction, de-screening with document type optimiser and tone curve adjustment with histogram.

Scans documents photographs.
4800 x 9600dpi optical resolution.
General information:

Size H4.1, W28, D43cm.
Weight 2.2kg.

Hellblaze123
08-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Thats a nice one, i got this one on Newegg.com: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16838111056

Works fine, makes great scans. I use it to scan pages for my comics. Never had any issues with it. Price is good too lol

kamisoyokaze
08-30-2011, 11:40 AM
new egg doesnt order to the uk :(

Hellblaze123
08-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh, that sucks. I found the same scanner on Ebuyer but more pricey for some reason. Why is it cheaper in US dollars when i convert but pricier in Euro lol

Celestial-Fox
08-31-2011, 01:08 PM
I have an Epson Perfection v100 Photo and I love it. I actually prefer it to the Canon I owned previously.

Afrobit
08-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Seefy:
How would you compare the Epson compared to other brands?

xD I'm looking for a new one under $100 that isn't horrible like my HP.

@kami: Try amazon. (And if you are a student in college or know someone who is you can get a free Amazon prime trial. This means you can get free one or two day shipping.)

Celestial-Fox
08-31-2011, 05:07 PM
I've only used HP, Epson, and Canon, but both HPs that I've used are awful. My Canon was pretty old, but it got the job done. I like the Epson, though, because it has a lot of Photoshoppery in the scanning window, so you can adjust levels, sharpness, color tint, curves, and brightness/contrast all before you even hit scan. That way I don't have to open up Photoshop and fiddle with that before uploading things online.

GunZet
08-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Gotta go with Epson.

Rio
09-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I've had Canon's and they've both lasted fairly long. I currently have a CanonScan LiDE 30 and I think it's like 10 years old now or something.

kamisoyokaze
09-01-2011, 01:03 PM
ok thanks for replies ill buy this one when its back in stock >.<

Black_Shaggie
09-07-2011, 11:44 AM
I think that Argos will meet your requirements well Kami. I use a CannonScan LiDE 80. I worry about all of that once I get it in Photo Shop. What I mean to say is, if you're just scanning line art (penicls & inkw without color), the resolution of your scanner doesn't need to be any larger than say 600dpi. In my opinion, 300dpi usually does the trick & most scanners can accomodate that easy. That CannoScan LiDE 80 & it's anscetors in the same series do the trick. The advanced features are pretty cool too.

:monkey_believeme: