PDA

View Full Version : Why did you start drawing manga?

Devillan
12-31-2010, 12:00 PM
The title is self-explanatory, what's the reason you started to draw manga?

My reason: I'm working on a game project and want to learn to draw manga...and eventually GC to make special scenes.

-Devillan-

dbc
12-31-2010, 07:10 PM
my reason is... because i think that's my talent :D (but i still have to train more)

Red
01-01-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, it all started when I became fasinated with 2d games and their sprites.
So many different styles each showing differences and tastes.

I've decided that I wanted to learn how to create these "sprites" and use them for various purposes.
But soon I realized that I can't draw worth crap, so I came to the internet, looking for help. I happend to be a anime fanatic at the time(toned down a bit; I read em' more than I watch nowadays), so I checked various tutorials on how to draw my own characters and learn how to draw the basics.

When I stumbled opon here. Using the tutorial, I've been able to increase my artistic talents.
But it's still far from the goal that I want to acheive. So far, I've been making decent progress.

Devillan
01-01-2011, 04:15 AM
You and me, we're the same

Tanatos
01-01-2011, 07:21 AM
I ever loved the manga art style, so much better than the full colored comics u_u" Too much information in one thing, manga is cleaner for the view (at least some of them xD)

Fenn
01-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Because I fell in love with the style. So simple yet expressive, plus it was easier to doodle manga when I was little then attempt realism. It seems more open-ended than some other art forms.

Bacon_Barbarian
01-01-2011, 03:38 PM
I've been drawing snce I was a toddler. Then I started making (my own) Pokemon Cards back when I was in Kindergarden and 1st Grade. Then Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Then I picked up a Shonen Jump when I was in 3rd Grade. And I thought it was cool, and I said, "Hey, I want to do this." So ... Yeah, that's it.

angel_dreamer13
01-01-2011, 04:18 PM
because my friends kept shoving manga books at me until I agreed to read them. I didn't actually start drawing manga until I'd been reading it for a while, though.

PWhit
01-01-2011, 11:08 PM
Personally, I just like drawing and want to use that talent a little more.

Also, Manga is just entertaining in general.

Blue_Dragon
01-02-2011, 03:30 AM
I started watching Sailor Moon (you better not laugh!) in my teens, and then stumbled upon its manga by accident. I bought it, I fell in love with the style, and then wanted to create my own manga. I've tried a bunch of different stories, but I only recently found a story I like and have put online. It still needs work, too, though.

Fenn
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I've been drawing snce I was a toddler. Then I started making (my own) Pokemon Cards back when I was in Kindergarden and 1st Grade. Then Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Then I picked up a Shonen Jump when I was in 3rd Grade. And I thought it was cool, and I said, "Hey, I want to do this." So ... Yeah, that's it.

Making trading cards is so fun! Especially with popular games like Pokemon.

knitticism
01-04-2011, 12:01 AM
i watched Sailor Moon[I] when i was little, but I thought it and Pokemon were American creations then... then my cousin explained everything to me, and bought me the first few books of the [I]Tokyo Mew Mew series. I fell in love and wanted to experiment with this new way of drawing people. I think I was about 14 when I started drawing anime, something like that

Devillan
01-04-2011, 02:06 AM
i watched Sailor Moon when i was little, but I thought it and Pokemon were American creations then... then my cousin explained everything to me, and bought me the first few books of the Tokyo Mew Mew series. I fell in love and wanted to experiment with this new way of drawing people. I think I was about 14 when I started drawing anime, something like that

Nice choices of anime, If I may say so

knitticism
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
i will admit, i still go back and watch them from time to time lol

Rio
01-04-2011, 03:46 PM
lol Yeah, I kept all the video recordings of Sailor Moon. xD
I managed to get the full first and second season as well as a few episodes of the third season when they were still airing in on TV way back when.

Blue_Dragon
01-04-2011, 09:10 PM
^Those are the ones I need, the OVAs...I got the Sailor Stars series, and liked the manga much better.

knitticism
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
i'm jealous! lol

butternut
01-06-2011, 08:43 AM
me, I started with Cardcaptor Sakura when i was around 9-10. Then came pokemon and the others, and i started looking stuff up on the internet, and found out about it. I didn't really get into manga till very recently. I fell in love with the style, how everything could be expressed through the eyes and i wanted to try drawing. I was good at drawing in general-random doodles and such, except i had a lot of problem with anatomy. then i googled how to draw, guidelines and stuff, and stumbled upon this site. since then it's been awesome!

Japxican
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
I watched a bit of Sailor Moon and then got into Pokemon. My friends told me it was anime when I was, like, 13, and I've been drawing it ever since. I've always liked drawing, though.

Rio
01-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Speaking of Sailor Moon, is anyone here from Italy? I hear Sailor Moon is making a comeback in that country it's extremely popular right now.

Devillan
01-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Here in Israel its just beginning....how old is this anime?

Matt
01-07-2011, 12:45 PM
I've never seen Sailor Moon. Probably should.

I started drawing so that I could depict my story characters. From there, I decided to become a professional artist and use my storywriting "skills" along side the artistic side. Then I found Mr. OC (Obitual Crow) on MT v.2 and fell in love with the moe/loli/bishojo. So I started trying to draw that. I did that for a long time. Then, just recently, I found ImagineFX and now I'm trying to get into pro concept art.

alxsmpgmr
01-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I just started drawing. I just wanted to do something different and creative and enjoyed this. I may be sub-par, but time will cure that.

MiKuRu
01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Well when I was young I always drew allot. I would enter competitions and stuff just for the fun of it. I didn't take drawing seriously until one day when I watched the series Eureka 7 then I started to get fascinated with the Anime/manga style this is when I started taking art a bit more serious. Eventually I think last year after I watch Byosoku 5 centimeter thats when I decided to take up art as my profession so here I am today =).

outlaw1422
01-08-2011, 12:30 AM
I've always liked drawing, and I've always liked cartoons and video games. At a young age, I discovered that it's even more fun to create your own characters instead of drawing Ryu and Batman over and over :-)

When I found out manga comics are basically more ahead of their anime equivalents, I hit the Web and was hooked.

A few tutorials, art courses, and millions of manga pages later, I'm here doin' what we're all doin'.

francois_1988
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm not that good in drawing, but I'm an anime fan like since birth...Daimos, Voltes V, Dragon Ball, too many.. And I've been drawing manga while class is still going on... and that's until College!! :D
I'm doing photorealism now but, still sticked to Manga... <3

Blue_Dragon
01-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Here in Israel its just beginning....how old is this anime?

It started in 1992. It's an oldie, but goodie :) I just started re-watching it.

In fact, I think I'll start a thread on Sailor Moon if one hasn't been started already.

Regantor
01-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Sailor Moon? Used to watch it with my sister during lunch times in primary school, lul. :m

My interest probally went more like Transformers = Gundam Wing = Eva, through. That said I was involved with the whole bob&george sprite comic thing too.

Yay inconsistancy!

DemonKaiser93
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Because I liked the way that the japanese tell a story in a manga ,liked the close-up and epic battles, but rigth now im trying to found a style with traids of manga but set for mature stories full of killing, gore and humor... also ,I know that this is off of subject but do you know if theres art schools in Canada? ,because I maybe be moving there next year

Afrobit
01-22-2011, 01:35 AM
My start was due to the influence of Pokemon. I would draw Charmanders and Pikachus all day.

I then started to look at more artists, anime and manga. Due to my extreme competitive nature, I started to draw like mad to become the very best like no one ever was.

Hejin
01-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Probably after I started watching a lot of anime. The influence was profound, and I wanted to absorb the style into my mind and keep it there forever.

Tsig
01-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I started drawing the style when I was around 8, when my family moved to a new house and my older brother started watching shows like Naruto, Scrapped Princess, FMA, and Last Exile online. It wasn't for probably three years that my family got a decent computer and I found manga online. At first it was a means to an end, since I initially wanted to create an anime and saw manga as the only way to do it. Then, I fell in love with manga itself =)

M3S1H
01-22-2011, 05:08 PM
I feel like I've repeated it a billion times, though I LOVE repeating it, for some odd reason. Back when I was about two or so, I watched my parents write down things with pens, and I never picked one up before. So, one day, I grabbed a fair amount of paper from my dad's printer, and found a pen. I sat down in front of a table, took the cap off of the pen, and stood there, almost unsure of what to do. I turned my attention to the television, and wouldn't you know it, my childhood's favorite show was on - Pokemon. I always had a tendency to get excited over everything when I was young, so you can imagine how happy I got when I saw my favorite show on. I watched and tried to mimic the art, and I failed miserably. However, I was a child, and like most children, I just drew scribbled-like beings - however there was one huge difference between my art and other children the same age as me: while they were just scribbling, I was trying to copy an image in my head. As I grew older, this difference showed, and I couldn't feel relieved without drawing out the image inside my head. This proved to guide me. When I was around the third grade, everyone said I had a knack for this, and that I drew really good. I took this really well, and by the end of the third grade, I decided to make a packed schedule for next year. I spent the following summer drawing to my heart's content, and realized the images inside my head would fade from time to time, so I had to draw them out, so I wouldn't lose them. For the entire fourth grade, I'd use every, and I mean EVERY spare second to draw manga - and by the end of the year, my art improved critically. I slowed this down in the fifth grade, getting really lazy and only drawing when I was bored. During the entire duration of the sixth grade, I'd read manga and follow tutorials, so that I could find new points of view toward manga, rather than just drawing them out and leaving it full of flaws. Ever since I entered the seventh grade, I got really depressed, and I drew to comfort myself. This became an incredible experience - I would draw what I knew I couldn't, just so I could see what I did wrong and why. At the very same time, I'd improve what I already mastered...

Writing manga is a whole different story. I started writing manga at around age 5. I wanted to be a manga-ka since then, and I decided to take whatever I liked from each manga and mash them up, add my own twist, and make it appealing to kids. Ever since then, I would come up with various ideas and express them into plots. After I won a few awards in literature in my school, I loved to write. I wanted to write for every single genre of books available, but most of all, Jump. I'd spend every day in literature class concocting plots, characters, villains, and shocking twists to add to manga. So since then, I've really just been at it...

DemonKaiser93
01-22-2011, 05:19 PM
I started to draw when I was around 3 (mainly my own DBZ character) and stopped at 11, due to the death of my mother, I then started to think what to do with my life ,so like a half-year latter I started to draw again and I haven't stopped since...

The Anime/Manga series that inspire me are mainly:

-DragonBall Z
-DevilMan
-Battle Angel Alita
-Elfed Lied
-MazinKaiser
-FullMetal Alchemist
-Mobile Fighter G Gundam
-Escaflowne
-Akira
-Shin Getter Robo

Renzokuken
01-22-2011, 05:55 PM
DBZ. It's most people's reason for it, tbh. I thought the mad powers and the ridiculously sized muscles were hilarious so I thought "maybe I should try that". Also, Pokemon. Back before I knew it was an Anime as well.

DemonKaiser93
01-22-2011, 06:16 PM
I didn't know what anime was until I was 12

Hell_Baron
01-25-2011, 10:04 AM
I started drawing manga when i was about 17, mainly because i tought manga and anime was pretty bad-ass (DBZ, Gundam Wing, and all the other awesome animes wich where aired on dutch television).
My parents actually encouraged me to draw manga, alltough i did get questions like: "why are those boobs so big? are you sure her spine won't break in two by those knockers?" "do you HAVE to draw a gun/sword in every picture?" and my personal favorite: "why did you give that boy boobs?"

anyway, i don't feel like reffering my art as "manga".
I mean, the word manga is actually Japanese for comics (alltough it first meant inappropriate picture)
allthough my art is mainly influenced by manga and such.

Saith
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Ehh I was learning from a (pretty crappy, actually) tutorial on how to draw Link, from Legend Of Zelda, and it said something about 'Manga Eyes'.
Googled manga, examples were Pok&#233;mon and DBZ.
I was all 'Hell Yeah'.

talented_one
01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
i was bored one day and i watched this anime show, i forgot what it was called. so i just took a paper and pencil and randomly started drawing the charecters. then i realized this was pretty cool. so now im stuck(some what obsesed with it) )))))))

Splice
02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
well i always loved dbz and my a friend of mine showed me shone jump and i loved the art and there and i wanted to learn to do it

Delphinus
02-08-2011, 06:14 PM
It all started when a friend recommended I read Comic Party. I liked it quite a lot then moved onto Pretear and .hack. Fortunately my taste in anime and manga rapidly improved, and now I rarely read, watch, or draw the medium.

PWhit
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
I just liked doodling during class time, I still do it of course. Now I just want to revamp and improve my drawing now.

Angel_Tears
03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Three reasons. Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, and Final Fantasy.

IsuzuHotaru
03-06-2011, 12:24 AM
Because I love it. ^^ Pretty simple.

J_Mizu
03-06-2011, 03:37 AM
I liked drawing, and I loved the way anime/manga looked, was mostly inspired by the designs in Ragnarok tbh.
I also loved watching anime when I was a kid, specially Hunter x Hunter <3

Yerra
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Its because I love it...
I love the art...
I love the style...
I love the story...
I love everything in it...
and that gives me a reason to live happily in my life...

Tri
03-15-2011, 06:42 PM
I started to draw manga or anime(still dont know the difference :( ) about 2 years ago. At first it was a on and off thing but once i came to this website about a year and a half ago I started to do it every day. I still cant draw as good as half of you do though :P. Also just registered yesterday, this website has gone a long way since i first seen it.

Rio
03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey Tri! Welcome to the site! Manga = comics while Anime = animation. That's the difference. Maybe if you try posting some of your artwork in the Critique Corner (http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?18-Critique-Corner), we can help point out what you can work on? Maybe all you need are pointers. C:

Magnitude-Ten
03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I had a group of great encouraging friends who got me started.

Rio
03-23-2011, 10:24 PM
^^^
That's fantastic! It's tough when there's no encouragement to drive you. Don't take it for granted either. There's people on this board who don't get that kind of support from friends and family.

SparkleyC
04-04-2011, 07:26 PM
I read the first chapter of bakuman in sj. It super inspired me.

sanny1064
04-04-2011, 11:47 PM
i think the reason i started was because i always thought drawing manga stuff was pretty damn hard, which it is. But i remember back in the day a LOOOOONNNGGGG time ago, i saw my brother draw a simple character and i thought: "dude, if my brother can do this, then im pretty sure i can as well!"
so that was the start back in like 5th grade of me drawing "manga". and that is the epic tale of how i started drawing manga.

Psy
04-05-2011, 06:18 AM
ive drawn most of my life but it was all realism and cartoony stuff. i had seen the "how to draw manga" books in the library and in the art book section of barnes an noble but never understood what it ment (and tbh the artwork wasnt very impressive to pull me in). so one day i googled it and realized that i had at least seen a manga once in grade school (it was DBZ and i was baffled at the time because a popular girl was reading a comic book that wasnt a comic book) and then google images made my eyes pop out of my head and i had to try my hand at it. So when i was like 15 or 16 i started to draw it and not long after that i joined MT. My early drawings all inexplicably had mullets and breast the size of dinner plates.

Sylux
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
I drew manga because I had a sweet idea for a comic book and I wanted to see it come into fruition. Now I draw storyboards instead for my animations.

Byakuran
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Jealousy.

i was so jealous of people who could draw good. i wanted to draw anime 2, and manga xD i wanted to move people with my own drawing ideas story... i wanted to do it... and i had like no talents at all so i decided i wanted to draw and develop a talent for it since talent = hard work

Sylux
04-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Oh wait I think I started drawing comics after I read an issue of DBZ my dad bought for me. I do remember making money off of my comics in 4th grade... Ah, good times.

ClockHand
04-13-2011, 02:09 PM
I start after a magical coffee cup told me to.

Matt
04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
@Byakuran - Come to think of it, jealousy might have played a part for me as well. Back in sixth grade, there was this girl who drew manga, and she was, like, at the level I'm at now when she was that age. Someone took one of her posters for a project and said, "Hey, look at Matt's stick people compared to this!"

That was a little maddening, but I didn't start drawing seriously till a year or two later. I wish I would have started sooner.

By the way, I had--and have--no talent at all. I just worked at it for a long time, though I still don't practice near as much as I should.

Noodlesoup
04-26-2011, 08:29 AM
My junior school had links with a Japanese school and a Japanese club, which I attended, so that got me interested in Japanese stuff in general. I guess that was how I discovered that anime/manga apart from Pokemon existed, and soon enough I wanted to draw my own because it looked pretty cool. My best friend had the same idea and it sort of went on from there. We went through this huge manga drawing phase as preteens but eventually the interest died away and now we both don't draw it anymore.

However, I'm planning on changing that now, as some of my other friends have recently discovered manga and started to draw it. I don't want them to overtake me lol.

Devillan
04-27-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm happy to see that this thread is alive...^_^ thanks for giving your reasons

mhao005
04-28-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.mangastringz.blogspot.com i just love animes so i started to draw some.!

MiguelAndrew
05-07-2011, 03:46 AM
I started drawing since I was just 1st grade and my influences are DBZ,Gundam Wing,YuYu Hakusho( a.k.a Ghost Fighter),Doraimon, Hunter X Hunter, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Ranma 1/2, Slam Dunk, etc.. Then I was also influence western comics like spiderman, superman, batman, ironman, X-Men. When I'm watching the news of that time (when I was in high school) I find out that many Filipino became popular artist working on DC and Marvel comics. So that time,I figure out the difference between two art form and find manga more appealing than the western counterpart. Now, I'm reading One Piece, Bakuman, Fairy Tail, and Death Note.

Now,my bestfriend is my writer and I'm the mangaka and we are making our chapter 1.hahaha! I hope people will like it.

Sparky-J
05-07-2011, 05:09 AM
When I was a kid, I loved cartoons and comics and boobs, and I wanted to make my own. Especially boobs.

Renmazuo
05-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Well, I'm old and all that; in my times we used to call it "drawing big eyed girls from animated stuff".

That aside - I just like the stylisation: it's a lot easier to draw from memory, when you stylise the figure and faces. So, when I'm on a train and I don't know what to do, I can start doodling. Secondly, I like curved lines: shoujos are full of curved lines, carefully traced with ink; with line-weight and stuff. Even when thinking of "classic" drawers or painters I usually have a preference for those who stylise their figures somehow. :)

Gedeon
05-07-2011, 11:04 AM
XD when everybody in the kindergarten were running around with me i got bored cuz no one wanted to play games i liked. When that happened (it happened a lot) i was pointed to be a judge. I sucked at being a judge since the first thing that happened when i sat at my judge chair was me took out my little A4 green notebook with a lot of anatomy sketches my mom did when she was in the hospital (waiting for me to be born) and started sketching and sketching and sketching. I was very good with anatomy(for a toddler) and each time on classes when we finished writing down what was needed, id start turning those writings into a little book with study texts and drawings that made them funnier and easier to remember. I started doing manga when my friend showed my his work. Manga was a lot easier to draw and it accepted some mistakes that i could do. so there.

Byakuran
05-07-2011, 05:21 PM
@Byakuran - Come to think of it, jealousy might have played a part for me as well. Back in sixth grade, there was this girl who drew manga, and she was, like, at the level I'm at now when she was that age. Someone took one of her posters for a project and said, "Hey, look at Matt's stick people compared to this!"

That was a little maddening, but I didn't start drawing seriously till a year or two later. I wish I would have started sooner.

By the way, I had--and have--no talent at all. I just worked at it for a long time, though I still don't practice near as much as I should.

I wasn't into drawing a lot when i was a kid... though my jealousy started in highschool xD i wanted a talent something i was good at and stuff, i always liked to watch anime and never stood by the idea to draw it when i was a kid... and i was so lazy i wouldn't practice at all but i've started to watch gintama i was like ' i need to draw a fanfic' i realised i could make fanfics when i draw good... silly reason lol....

BozeSG
05-08-2011, 01:40 PM
I've got this urge to create stories... and the best way i found to do that is through drawing & manga, as simple as that.

General_Marmalade
05-31-2011, 07:48 AM
I started drawing because my sister drew and thats it.....and here I am today...........................

lars
06-03-2011, 06:04 PM
My adventure with manga started almost year ago. My friend showed me anime "Bleach" and I got crazy about it. Drawing faces is quite easy for me, but anatomy is harder to learn and I must train a lot before I can draw "better than bad" :)

And sorry for my language mistakes if there are any. I'm from Poland, the only country where if you want to earn the first million, you must spend two millions on bribes :P

Kumo
06-11-2011, 03:05 AM
Because of sailormoon, because i dont like asking my parents for money, to buy me coloring books( i was obses =_=; its so pretty n sparkly.... D: i was like in 3rd grade or somthing). so i start drawing. my first manga was sakura card captur, by CLAMP, and i fell in love with the the whole art style, and how amazing they are in coloring/ finishing a piece of art work.

kine
06-29-2011, 01:20 AM
i really like the style. in 1st grade through like 3rd grade i watched pokemon, yu gi oh, and all the dragon ball series except the original when goku is a kid. then around 4th or 5th grade i watched naruto. all through my life i had seen anime played some late at night on adult swim (the "adult" channel). i had bought how to draw manga by katy coope in like 5th grade and started drawin. i quit out of anger of not bein able to draw it right though. but my friend this past school year got me watchin anime again and i looked up how to draw manga and came here. now i draw ok and watch anime a lot. im currently watchin bleach, death note, and World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu No Rokunin

Portogas
07-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi!

I started as a kid watching several episodes from dragonball , digimon Inuyasha, at the same time I used to draw my favorite characters like "vegata". Then I started reading a lot of manga! I still do every day. xD at the school my friend impressed by my drawings inspired me to start my own manga ;D

trilokcool3
07-01-2011, 08:59 PM
to be honest my interest developed towards anime and manga when i was 15. And drawing one of the characters from anime was hell and heaven difference. That is why i started drawing and now i am somewhat good in it.

Fenn
07-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I watched pokemon, and liked the anime style in some video games. My imagination created all these awesome characters to draw.

And I still can't get them on paper.

GrayFullbuster
07-03-2011, 08:14 AM
I started drawing manga because that's my wish. I want to creat my own manga. I will publish it.... Maaaaaaaybe? Haha.

Black_Shaggie
07-23-2011, 09:21 AM
I just fell in love with the style & genre from the first time I saw it. At it's core, manga's like Sumi-e in the way it implies detail with just a few lines (& values). That's so cool to me.

TundraKnight
07-25-2011, 01:23 AM
I watched pokemon, and liked the anime style in some video games. My imagination created all these awesome characters to draw.

And I still can't get them on paper.

I don't know how many times something has come to mind and I can absolutely not get it on paper. :monkey_headbutt:

Started watching anime and looking at manga and I got this crazy idea that I should try drawing. Akira was my first ever anime when i was in 3rd grade. I loved it so much and eventually found other anime like Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon, Rurouni Kenshin. Ahhh the younger years...

scanten71-402san
08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
I have decided to draw manga because I want to make some manga and to prove that not only Japanese artists can drawing manga style.

Hellblaze123
08-27-2011, 12:32 AM
I got bored one day when i was like, 8. Saw a book, i think it was DBZ, picked it up, read it, then started drawing from the book. Thats about it really, just got bored and started drawing. Nothing special about it really lol

ram
08-27-2011, 08:41 AM
I personally believe that i'm someone with an extra ordinary talented being who's full of power raging inside of me!, and has the power to communicate my soul to my hand, therefore, I plan to destroy humanity using my drawings!

to be blunt, I don't know what's the reason why, but every babies out there loves doodling. it's probably the same for me

Renzokuken
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
To top DB/ DBZ which was the sex back in the day.

snowb400
09-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I was bored, and started reading Pokemon, (I was a little younger than I am now), and then I found Naruto, and it continued from there.

Saiyagal85
12-16-2011, 04:43 AM
At first, I started drawing anime characters just because I loved to draw. I believe young Gohan from DragonballZ was the first anime character I ever drew. While I was in college, I was too busy to draw but I still read manga and watched anime. It wasn't until I "borrowed" my brother's DSi and started drawing in the Flipnote Hatena app, that I started to change my style to an anime/manga style. So in a nutshell, I stated drawing anime 12 years ago, but only this year did I start drawing my own anime style characters.
Ooops, WHY did I start drawing manga, not when. (silly me)
Same as when I started drawing my own characters. I love anime and I love the anime and manga style. The majority of artists and animators on flipnote hatena draw with an anime style and I wanted to draw like that too. While my style still needs work, I believe that it has greatly improved and has an obvious anime look to it. Just look at my profile pic. Hopefully he has an anime look to him. :)
I also hope to create my own manga someday. That is why I started to draw anime.

Sylux
12-17-2011, 01:30 PM
To top DB/ DBZ which was the sex back in the day.

Yeah this is pretty much Sylux in kindergarten

Kaysnl
12-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Well, I've always loved drawing and writing stories. I didn't know that Manga and Anime existed at the time, so I would write a lot of fictions stories for fun. I loved creating the characters because I always believe they're the most exciting part of a story. when I found out about Manga, I was intrested right away. Something that includes both story telling and drawing, there couldn't be anything better! although I'm not very good at drawing, my goal is to improve on manga style until and get to top level, and then I want to start my own manga series. Plus, Manga style drawing is just awesome. I havn't seen any style of drawing that I love more. others just kinda bore me...

Delphinus
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
I blame Digimon and a crazy Iranian friend.

AudriCantDance
12-27-2011, 02:46 PM
cause I got inspired to make something out of my affinity for art :D
like the style, stories can move freely out of ur hand without tons of effort.
gives me sumthng to do when bored/depressed

GAbRieLWrIgHt
12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
I watched DBZ back in the day, and I have always drawn in that style, and I only just recently found out what it was actually called. Also Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh!