PDA

View Full Version : The hardest boss

Tanatos
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
A thread to open our hearts and talk about that boss that annoy us. The kind of monster that kills you with one hit and seem to be imortal.

I have a lot of troubles with Zeus (God of war 2). It' really hard to make that guy pass away! :mad:

Anybody else have troubles with bosses?

Rio
12-31-2010, 11:24 AM
One of the epic bosses, imo, had to come from Ninja Gaiden. I'm talking about the early NES Ninja Gaiden games, btw. They were tough but it felt oh so good to beat the crap out of them. xD

Generally, though, I think most tough bosses were from the early generation of games.

Tanatos
12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah, I still remember the old K. Rool from the donkey kong series... Oh good times xD

Magora117
01-01-2011, 09:18 PM
One of the bosses i had a hard time with is Onimusha 3 Nobunaga Oda on hard and Devilish diffacultys.

PWhit
01-02-2011, 12:27 AM
General RAAM from the first Gears of War on Insane mode has been one of the hardest bosses I had ever came across. It took me and a friend to take him down because doing that alone was nearly impossible.

Hayashida
01-02-2011, 12:55 AM
You guys come talk to me about hard bosses after you've tried to defeat Mr.X in Streets of Rage, or even Roper from Double Dragon.

Electric_Nomad
01-04-2011, 02:51 AM
I really never had a hard time defeating a game Boss, in my line of work.

Generally, though, I think most tough bosses were from the early generation of games.
Of course it will be hard, especially if you don't take the power-ups. Take the power ups, and the boss battles will be a cakewalk.

Hayashida
01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Earlier games there were no power ups. You had punches, kicks and throws. Meanwhile the boss has a friggin machine gun.

Rio
01-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Oooo, Streets of Rage and Double Dragon. Those bring back memories...

Kodos
01-04-2011, 02:46 PM
I still play Streets of Rage 2 and 3 with buddies religiously. Streets of Rage Remake is also a blast and easily the best beat-em-up ever and I eagerly await the next release.

Rio
01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
They made new ones? I know some old series like Sin and Punishment has had new games made but this is the first I've heard of Streets of Rage. Sounds cool. What system?

knitticism
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
i'm not that good at video games, and all i have ever had were the handheld systems, like the Gameboys and my DS. I have never beaten Riku in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. If anyone has tips on how to defeat him, please please PLEASE let me know...

Rio
01-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Dude, you should get to know GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com). Make sure you use it and abuse it. I do. And I'm not ashamed of it. :p

Kodos
01-04-2011, 04:49 PM
They made new ones? I know some old series like Sin and Punishment has had new games made but this is the first I've heard of Streets of Rage. Sounds cool. What system?
Streets of Rage Remake is a fanproject that's ludicrously high quality and an amalgam of all 3 games plus lots of new content. PC only but beyond amazing. I can't speak highly enough of it.
http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

Hayashida
01-05-2011, 11:12 AM
If you haven't played the Scott Pilgrim game, Kodos, I would recommend downloading the demo. It's like those old beat-em-up games.

Rio
01-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Streets of Rage Remake is a fanproject that's ludicrously high quality and an amalgam of all 3 games plus lots of new content. PC only but beyond amazing. I can't speak highly enough of it.
http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

Wow, cool! Thanks for the link. :drool:

Kodos
01-05-2011, 03:15 PM
If you haven't played the Scott Pilgrim game, Kodos, I would recommend downloading the demo. It's like those old beat-em-up games.

Have it and have already beaten it. I love the shit out of it. To be fair, though, it's more like River City Ransom than Streets of Rage.

Hayashida
01-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I have not played river city ransom.

Kodos
01-06-2011, 01:12 AM
What have you been doing with your life?

jubeh
01-06-2011, 01:37 AM
What the h john.

Also the hardest boss is Ivan Ooze. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZdRD3LQK3s#t=8m22s)

Electric_Nomad
01-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Earlier games there were no power ups.
There were plenty. Take Mario for example. He takes that flower, and voila - He starts to shoots bouncing fireballs. But unfortunately he can not use it against the lava immune Browser.

If you are talking about ZX spectrum and Atari games, then yes, there were games that did not have any power ups.

Avy16
01-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I would say the hardest boss is Sephiroth on ff7 and kingdom hearts 2

Hayashida
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
@Cake & Jubeh: Sorry guys, one day I'll play it.

@ Electric_Nomad: Yeah, I'm talking early early games.

Kodos
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm not cake. @_@

I would say the hardest boss is Sephiroth on ff7 and kingdom hearts 2
You need to play more video games if you think this. Although I'll grant you he was a bit of a jerkass to fight in KH1. Still not one of the hardest bosses ever, though.

Hayashida
01-06-2011, 04:28 PM
whoa wtf I totally saw your post as cake for some reason. What the hell.... I think I need sleep.

Rio
01-06-2011, 06:49 PM
lol If you didn't see those breasts jigglin' then you definitely better go get some sleep! xD

jaidurn
01-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Hey guys. Rio is the hardest boss.

But. Seriously. I really think that most games are easy. Now annoying is a different subject.

Evil_Cake
01-07-2011, 02:51 AM
What the h john.

Also the hardest boss is Ivan Ooze. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZdRD3LQK3s#t=8m22s)I remember playing a power rangers fighting game on SNES... I got blisters trying to beat that red guy

LVUER
01-07-2011, 03:50 AM
Fiend from Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Story. You need a huge amount of hard work and luck to defeat this one. IMO, the hardest boss in RPG genre.

Matt
01-10-2011, 01:22 PM
All the bosses in the game Blank Blood (try Youtube, all the links are blocked at my school) were nearing the impossible level. Running through the hordes of monsters trying to shoot, stab, crush, or eat you wasn't all that hard (unless, of course, you TRIED to die), but when random tendrils shoot out of the ground on the third boss level and impale you at random intervals (1-hit kill), you tend to start getting frustrated. I think I quit after 103 tries.

*Don't play Blank Blood if you're offended by a) blood b) gore c) vore/guro d) the previous three being applied to teenage anime girls d) extreme frustration <this is what got me; the violence wasn't really the worst I've seen in games>*

Almost as bad as that game "I Wanna Be The Guy." Don't even get me started on that one. It's because of that that I now hate 2D platformers.

Kodos
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I Wanna Be The Guy is awesome.

And Dongs.exe or any of the Kaizo Mario Worlds are worse.

Anty
01-12-2011, 09:42 AM
The first encounter with a Sinistral in "Lufia II, Rise of the Sinistrals" on the SNES. ;)

Ozzaharwood
01-13-2011, 07:48 AM
All of the bosses in Square Enix games that you get after beating the game and are optional.

Regantor
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Dr.Wiley in Mega Man 2. Only your worst weapons work on him, and you have to time your walk absolutely perfectly to avoid getting hit by his impossibeams. >_>

For something a bit less retro, there is a special last stage in Armoured Core 4: FA which you can only get by choosing all the "complete monster" choices. Even on youtube I've only seen people win by glitching it.

LVUER
01-13-2011, 10:16 PM
The other reason why old games are so hard:
1. There's no save/memory card
2. The game designed to last longer
3. Gamer is not as smart as nowadays (now gamers will be angry at developer who resort cheap trick that prolong game length)
4. There's no internet, and no gamefaqs (or which ever walktrough sites you regularly visit)

Kodos
01-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Dr.Wiley in Mega Man 2. Only your worst weapons work on him, and you have to time your walk absolutely perfectly to avoid getting hit by his impossibeams. >_>

For something a bit less retro, there is a special last stage in Armoured Core 4: FA which you can only get by choosing all the "complete monster" choices. Even on youtube I've only seen people win by glitching it.

Comedy Option: Bubble Man

jubeh
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Relevant

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUVdA9ABzpg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hUVdA9ABzpg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Kodos
01-13-2011, 11:24 PM
I see you that and raise you this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7oOxUBbYQ

jubeh
01-13-2011, 11:56 PM
The only good thing about that version of okkusenman is that it links to a hokuto musou song. And its not even ai wo torimodose.

Outcast
01-15-2011, 08:19 PM

If your referring to that mission with old king I've seen someone beat without any cheap weapons or glitches. But my fucking god I was stuck on that level forever.

nextweek
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I'd have to split it between a few bosses

(all on hardest difficulty)

The Devil - Guitar Hero 3

The Witch-King - Lord of the Rings, Third Age

and that mutha of all muthas.... Majoras Mask

Seiko
01-17-2011, 12:17 PM
I thought Majoras Mask was a cakewalk.

ClockHand
01-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Are the ghosts of PacMan considered as Bosses?

Oh yeah Justice of Guilty Gear. I don't know it was because I was a kid, I was tired after all other battles or the fact that I use the most weak character (chip), but Justice was a pain in the ass and for me, one of the hardest bosses of all times (Yeah you can defeat him with the old guy, but what pride is in winning with a character that is not your main?).

jubeh
01-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Man I hate to be that guy but justice is a chick. And yeah super cheap.

ClockHand
01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Have I say Justice was a HE?

Everyone knows is a she, even if she has a huge mechanic dick.

Kodos
01-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Are the ghosts of PacMan considered as Bosses?

Oh yeah Justice of Guilty Gear. I don't know it was because I was a kid, I was tired after all other battles or the fact that I use the most weak character (chip), but Justice was a pain in the ass and for me, one of the hardest bosses of all times (Yeah you can defeat him with the old guy, but what pride is in winning with a character that is not your main?).
http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-smug.gif

ClockHand
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM
DAMN!

well my bad )= but I did know justice was a girl.

nextweek
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM
I thought Majoras Mask was a cakewalk.

Did u get everything in the game without a guide of any kind? ( I didn't know bout guides back then ;A; )

Seiko
01-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Did u get everything in the game without a guide of any kind? ( I didn't know bout guides back then ;A; )

Good point actually, I haven't tried it without the Feirce Diety Mask yet. I'll give that a try next play through.

Hell_Baron
01-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Final boss of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Mem Aleph
still haven't beaten that bitch...

Also, a lot of people say that it's impossible to beat Lavos from Chrono Trigger the first time you fight him.
well believe it or not, i actually beat him... when i was drunk and stoned off my ass at the same time...
yeah... i know, sounds like bullshit., but suprisingly it ain't.

When i woke up with a huge hangover on a hot summer morning, my friends where telling me i had done the impossible the night before. ofcourse i didn't believe them, but when one one of them showed me a clip on his cell of me beating the hell out of it on the PSX, i was pretty flabbergasted...

wolfman
01-20-2011, 07:08 PM
i think the second encounter with volf from ninja gaiden 2 was stupidly hard, most of the bosses were in that game, the last bosses in VTMB were pretty annoying, the kuei jin and the sheriff

GunZet
01-21-2011, 09:18 PM
The final, final boss in Cho Ren Sha is crazy. My brain can't keep track of that many projectiles at once.

Evil_Cake
01-21-2011, 10:05 PM
I hear Arthas from WoW was tough

Handy333
01-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Have any of you played any of the Bit. games?
They are FREAKIN HARD!

M3S1H
02-06-2011, 06:55 AM
The last boss on Gunstar Heroes. You fight like 6 freaking sub-bosses before him, and if you're lucky you're able to replenish your health. I couldn't even get to that boss yet. *Sob*

LVUER
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
I've played both Japanese and US version of Gunstar Heroes, and I don't think it's very hard (even on the hardest difficulty). If you find it too difficult, try playing 2 players. It would be A LOT easier.

Oh, and do you know you could squeeze more hearts from the bird-thingies by melee-attacking it multiple times?

Blue_Dragon
02-06-2011, 11:09 AM
The optional boss Faust in Legend of Dragoons is a bitch to fight, especially if you don't have any magical protection and enter at just level 33...

wolfman
02-06-2011, 03:16 PM
adel was hard in FF8 purely because the temptation to kill rinoa was just too hard to resist

LVUER
02-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Oh, I just remembered this one game. Remember CLAMPS' Magic Knight Rayearth? Long time ago, I played the SNES RPG game (without cheat, obviously). If you still remember the story, when Umi is going to get her "mecha", the rest of the party (Hikaru and Fuu) is controlled by enemy.

So now it's Umi (you) against Hikaru and Fuu (enemies). If you kill them, it's instant game over. The answer is obvious, you just let the enemy kill you. The problem is... I over-leveled. Hikaru and Fuu (though at the same level as Umi), could only land a hit in about 10 attacks. Even if they do managed to land a hit, it's only deals 1 damage (while Umi have about 700 hit points). And of course, one hit from Umi is enough to kill Hikaru or Fuu (thankfully, Umi couldn't do counters).

Anyway, I don't have enough patience to wait Hikaru and Fuu to whittle Umi's HP away bit by bit, so I just cheat and deliberately change Umi's HP to 1! Yeah, that is the only boss that I have to cheat to defeat!

Rio
02-06-2011, 09:19 PM
They had MKR on the SNES? Was it the same as the one made for the Saturn? I have the Saturn version and it's been so long since I played the game so I don't remember the above event you mentioned....

LVUER
02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Yep, they have MKR on SNES (I was very happy when first knowing this fact). I know there's one in SATURN too, but I don't have it (since I don't have SATURN anyway).

If you don't remember the event, it's alright... since you could just take a look at the manga (all the major events are quite similar).

Blue_Dragon
02-07-2011, 04:39 AM
I want that game, lvuer! Send it to me--now!

Just kidding :P

SassyTurtles
02-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Tabuu from SSBB was pretty freakin' hard. Especially on Intense.

Tetsuphil
02-16-2011, 09:51 PM
The last boss on Gunstar Heroes. You fight like 6 freaking sub-bosses before him, and if you're lucky you're able to replenish your health. I couldn't even get to that boss yet. *Sob*Oh yes, it was hard 0_0

Weirdly, beaten it entirely with my friend one shot so..dunno if we were lucky...

LVUER
02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Nope, it was easy... well, not that easy, but still not that hard either. I beat him many times and never lose even once (even on the hardest difficulty). Remember this though, if it's hard to beat in 1P mode, defeat him in 2P mode!

Oh, and the way to defeat him (or get to him in high health, like defeating all sub-bosses easily) is memorization. After that, it's all easy (I always have more than 250 health when confronting the final boss, the Golden whatever).

Tetsuphil
02-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Nope, it was easy... well, not that easy, but still not that hard either. I beat him many times and never lose even once (even on the hardest difficulty). Remember this though, if it's hard to beat in 1P mode, defeat him in 2P mode!

Oh, and the way to defeat him (or get to him in high health, like defeating all sub-bosses easily) is memorization. After that, it's all easy (I always have more than 250 health when confronting the final boss, the Golden whatever).The metamorph drill was harder than any other boss in the game anyway xDD

GunZet
02-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Giygas is the hardest boss ever, why? Because I never beat it...and probably never will. DAMNED PORKY!!

LVUER
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
The hardest boss for me is the 7-force (or Green), especially on higher difficulties where you have to fight against all 7 forms (especially since most of the time, I play using 1P mode) AND because you have to fight him in high-speed rail tracks. Not to mention that in that stage, my melee attack capabilities is severely limited. I hate that stage... (unfortunately that stage is one of the coolest stage)

Outcast
02-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Evangel from Armored Core: Last Raven was a pain in the ass.

Angel_Tears
03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
One of the epic bosses, imo, had to come from Ninja Gaiden. I'm talking about the early NES Ninja Gaiden games, btw. They were tough but it felt oh so good to beat the crap out of them. xD

I remember when I used to be terribly horrified by that boss as a kid. Worst boss for me if can call him a boss is Pyramid Head from Silent Hill 2 or Shin M. Bison in Street Fighter Alpha 3 just for fact that he had a Phsyco Crusher that took up the entire f***ing screen!!!! So many thrown controllers.

GunZet
03-10-2011, 11:59 PM
RAAM from Gears of War is the hardest boss I've gona against recently. I heard it's impossible on the highest difficulty to beat him by yourself.
And even on the lowest difficulty he's turbo hard to beat.

Lucy
03-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Ehh RAAM's alright in my book. So long as you stay in cover and don't miss his face with those precious sniper bullets, you're fine so long as you keep some distance between you and him. He's very close to being impossible to solo on insane mode, though.

Boss I've had most trouble with is the Wizard of Yendor from Nethack. Rodney's not hard to kill, it's just that he'll keep respawning forever once you've encountered him once. You've got to deal with him chasing you everywhere, using touch of death spells and summoning nasty monsters all over the place (possibly demon princes even, including Demogorgon, the hardest monster in the game to beat in a fight), stealing the amulet you need to complete the game and then teleporting off somewhere with it, randomly cursing items in your inventory. He will continue to do this for the rest of the game. He's a real bitch.