PDA

View Full Version : Random Anime Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ram
08-12-2011, 06:53 AM
tatta hitotsu no shinjuku wo minuku, mitame wa kodomo zunowa otona. sono na wa matantei conan.

should I just name this Spam anime thread or something?

anyway I've been waiting forever for the full song of ao no exorcist "in my world" by rookiez is punk.
if it's out can you guys tell me and send me a link

shinko-miki
08-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Sadly,I think that the OP was released before the song..

ram
08-12-2011, 08:18 AM
um.. I searched everywhere but i only saw TV side versions.

BozeSG
08-12-2011, 11:34 AM
that's because OPs are usually used before their full version comes out. (they usually release the full version a month or so later)

go to gendou.com's music section, it basically has all the full versions of all the anime OPs. if it comes out, that's the first place they're going to put it's good quality version.

core pride is much more awesome anyway...

tatta hitotsu no shinjuku wo minuku, mitame wa kodomo zunowa otona. sono na wa matantei conan.
I've been trying to catch up with the manga since 5 months ago...:cat_whyyou:

ram
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
haha I don't read the manga of it, I only watch the anime. The next episode that will be release in Animetake.com is kaito kid special..

I know about Gendou.com, but sadly they don't always have the new song release. I uploaded a few songs there my self that I just found lying in google.

been waiting for the full song of dantalian no shoka as well

as i watch the anime it looks like a crappy story no matter where I look, but I love orchestra songs..

Sylux
08-13-2011, 04:14 AM
I think people need to stop judging anime that originates from manga on its story and start judging them based on that which actually makes them anime.

ram
08-13-2011, 04:30 AM
rolf sorry about that. I just said that out of reflex on my typing.. xD

I really love dantalian no shoka as well... and I guess I'm just looking for stuffs in the story which I like in my own eye...
It's one of the best art I seen and I really love the style of it,

I think I've been seeing more anime now that are no longer japan..
I mean where the character live that is.

Sylux
08-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Oh, wow that sounded really rude of me! I didn't see your post, sorry! I usually don't talk about people who are there in the third person...

Ozzaharwood
08-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Anyone else waiting for Shakugan no Shana season 3? It comes out this Fall and I'm dying to see it. I might actually watch it while it airs, which I almost never do because I hate the cliffhangers and waiting.

Also, Abingdon Boys School is the best anime OP/ED band ever.

ram
08-14-2011, 03:11 AM
WHAT!! damn i never herd of it!
I'll definitely watch that! too bad i never go to anime news network.. D:<

but i did herd from my brother that hunter x hunter will continue anytime soon.. just didn't really herd when, but it will be done by madhouse now.

Ozzaharwood
08-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I just finished Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and it blew my mind. Shaft really outdid themselves this time; just amazing.

jubeh
08-14-2011, 08:03 PM
I've heard that show is p effed up would I still like it if I hate cute things.

Regantor
08-14-2011, 08:35 PM
I think people need to stop judging anime that originates from manga on its story and start judging them based on that which actually makes them anime.

Sorta a necro-objection here, but got an overwhelming urge to say; Isn't a good story part of a good anime aswell? >_>

I mean, of course, it sucks when they just choose to replicate the story frame-by-frame, esspecially if it's an action anime that had little plot in the first place (Hellsing and Gantz suffer from this alot)... But alot of things like Appleseed have been truely buggered up by simplifying the plot "Just 'cause it's anime."

Seriously, they turned it from a buddy cop show into a faux-matrix kung fu flick. >_>

Delphinus
08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
I want to watch Ergo Proxy but I never watch beyond episode 1. >_<

Regantor
08-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Ergo proxy is pretty decent, chum. Very cerebral and great characterisations, but being 100&#37; honest it does have a couple of completely pointless navel gazing episodes. I'd say watch it if you don't generally mind Eva-style mindscrews.

ram
08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
I've been watching black jack because of the curiosity that got me from jubeh's post in the character with the saddest past life thread.

and lol

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/skyramiel/Untitled.png

this is the episode 15 where black jack needs to marry his patient to rise her will to live.

and i've been thinking if they got the subs wrong..

Fansub: Frostii [Frostii] • Froth-Bite [F-B]

jubeh
08-18-2011, 08:02 PM
He is a miracle worker

Psy
08-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Just somthing random about Shin chan season 3 part 1
In one of the episodes you see a Pedo bear doll in shins toy box. Like wth man?

scanten71-402san
08-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Who loves Hanamaru Yochien? One of my friends loves it and showed it up to younger sister, she loves it too. Anzu from it is so cute!

Joosh
08-28-2011, 05:21 PM
finished samurai champloo ._.
Dear god so amazing

Byakuran
08-28-2011, 06:34 PM
UGH did anyone see Mawaru Penguindrum .... POOR POOR POOOOOR SHO-CHAN i mean ringo is a crazy ... *beeeeeeep*

Ozzaharwood
08-29-2011, 04:22 AM
I don't feel like reviving a thread so I'll just say it here. Here is the 350 GB of anime I just DLed, and plan to watch AFAP. (Not meant to look dirty >___>)

Tsukihime
Carnival Phantasm (ongoing)
5 Centimeters Per Second
Cowboy Bebop
EF - A Tale of Memories
EF- A Tale of Melodies
FLCL
Full Metal Panic / Seasons 1-3
Stand Alone Complex / Seasons 1+2
Kampfer
K-On!
Nyan Koi!
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rozen Maiden / Seasons 1+2 + OVA
School Rumble / Seasons 1+2
Shakugan no Shana Movie
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Sora no Otoshimono Forte
Tenjho Tenge
A Certain Magical Index / Seasons 1+2

Don't judge me. XD

ram
08-29-2011, 05:03 AM
I don't feel like reviving a thread so I'll just say it here. Here is the 350 GB of anime I just DLed, and plan to watch AFAP. (Not meant to look dirty >___>)

Tsukihime
Carnival Phantasm (ongoing)
5 Centimeters Per Second
Cowboy Bebop
EF - A Tale of Memories
EF- A Tale of Melodies
FLCL
Full Metal Panic / Seasons 1-3
Stand Alone Complex / Seasons 1+2
Kampfer
K-On!
Nyan Koi!
Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Rozen Maiden / Seasons 1+2 + OVA
School Rumble / Seasons 1+2
Shakugan no Shana Movie
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Sora no Otoshimono Forte
Tenjho Tenge
A Certain Magical Index / Seasons 1+2

Don't judge me. XD

actually i watched almost all of those

Don't judge me. XD

Byakuran
08-30-2011, 04:18 PM
ive watched most of them too...

You need to download K-on season 2

Renzokuken
08-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Man, I haven't watched Anime in ages. I've only watched like four of those on that list, one of which I've seen like five episodes of.

Ozzaharwood
08-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Man, I haven't watched Anime in ages. I've only watched like four of those on that list, one of which I've seen like five episodes of.

You should start up again. There are a lot of really good new shows that will probably blow your mind. Prime example: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

ive watched most of them too...

You need to download K-on season 2

I've seen quite a few series now. I'm just trying to watch all of the older ones first, then move onto the new. Also, I will download K-On season 2 later. There currently is no 1080p batch for it online and the torrent site that I DL from works with share ratios; meaning you have to seed at least half as much as you leech. On that site the 1080p's are also freeleech, meaning it doesn't effect your leech ratio, so if I wait it will benefit me. I kind of explained that badly but if you look it up you'll prolly understand better.

If anyone cares, you can see my watched anime by clicking this:

http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/Ozzaharwood.jpg (http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Ozzaharwood/forumsig)

ram
09-01-2011, 07:54 AM
by the way if your going to watch a certain magical index
you should try a certain scientific railgun as well.

Byakuran
09-02-2011, 01:55 PM
FUCK

Did someone see the latest mawaru penguindrum episode... it was a p. good episode... xD
im so thinking Sho-chan and Ringo will end up together i hope ringo will be less creepy-stalkerish then...

Ozzaharwood
09-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Is that ongoing? 'Cause I've been hearing about it quite often now, I thought about watching it. But if it's ongoing I'll prolly wait 'til the BD's come out.

ram
09-07-2011, 01:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll58UJMVgPc&feature=related

Byakuran
09-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I thought they were saying dragon ball zero.. when it ended i saw HEROESxD

ALSO MAN I WS LOOKING UP THE MOMENT ONEPIECENARUTOKINDASPOILER?(if people arent like catching up for those because this is p. old. When ace died... i felt so sad.... he was one my favourite characters in there and like i felt my nose sniffin (still didnt cry) and like man :( Also i realised the time when hinata confesses and she dies for naruto and he doesnt remember shit man that would hurt, wouldn't it? SOSAD

ram
09-13-2011, 07:37 PM
hehe, I think we all felt the same way.

btw this was my expression from reading the latest chapter of gantz, (chapter 347)
http://i26.mangareader.net/zippy-ziggy/19/zippy-ziggy-873239.jpg

Bacon_Barbarian
09-13-2011, 11:20 PM
And my friends said Dragon Ball was dead ... Seriously though, what is that show? o.O

ram
09-13-2011, 11:42 PM
it's dragonball heroes, card game battle show like yu-gi-oh anime.
I think my friend told me that it will be showing in 2012

Bacon_Barbarian
09-14-2011, 08:22 PM
He lied. I googled it. It's just a commercial. Unless I completely misunderstood everything I read.

ram
09-14-2011, 08:33 PM
well.. I could be wrong, I hate reading too many stuffs in the internet news anyway.

if i see it animetake I would watch it, but if I don't I guess I wouldn't XD.

edit: ok after googling it, I just saw a news about manga, but i guess not anime. maybe he did lied

Ozzaharwood
09-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Just finished Baccano!

Wrote a review for my blog, here it is if anyone wants to read it...

Baccano! Review

So here it is—my first review. Now, I’ve watched a lot of anime in my time, but never have I seen anything like Baccano! When I say that, I mean it in a good way.

“During the late 1930s in Chicago, the transcontinental train, Flying Pussyfoot, is starting its legendary journey that will leave a trail of blood all over the country. At the same time in New York, the ambitious scientist Szilard and his unwilling aide Ennis, are looking for missing bottles of the immortality elixir. In addition, a war between the mafia groups is getting worse. On board the Advena Avis, in 1711, alchemists are about to learn the price of immortality.”

~Synopsis

Story:
Anyone who has seen Baccano! will agree with me that it has one of the best stories. The plot itself isn’t award-worthy, rather, the way they play it out is. Instead of the linear path many an anime take, Baccano! skips back and forth between different times and characters which intertwines with a greater, more complex plot. This may seem like it’d be confusing, but surprisingly they were able to pull it off—and well.

The series focuses on the events that occur on a train and the events with mobsters in the city. This may seem generic, but throw in a few supernatural elements and a bunch of eccentric characters and you get a recipe for an epic anime. The only trouble I had was getting through the first episode. It takes a little paying attention and time to figure out who is who and what is happening towards the beginning.

Characters:
From the eccentric and hilarious Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent to the crazy and evil-hearted alchemist Szilard Quates, this anime had one of the largest and greatest character collections in an anime I’ve seen to date. Isaac and Miria are probably also the funniest characters I’ve seen as well, with some scenes making me laugh so hard I cried. Each character in the series were interesting, and were all very enjoyable to watch. The only problem is that having 12 main characters in an anime with 13 episodes doesn’t allow for a lot of development, but they still managed to make it work.

Animation:

Baccano! has very good animation, and maintains it throughout the whole series. The colours are clear and unsaturated, and the shading is well done and realistic. There are little to no scenes that look bad, and there is never a time where the animators cut corners or make faces or bodies unproportionate; which I’ve seen in a few anime before. Overall, I’d say it’s above-average.

Overall:

Baccano! I have to say has been one of the best anime I’ve seen so far. It kept me on the edge of my seat, and after every episode I wanted to keep watching. (Which I ultimately did, marathoning all 13 episodes) Isaac and Miria keep it fresh with their comedic relief, and all the while it keeps itself serious and plays out an unimaginable story which will blow you away. The only thing I didn’t like about it was it’s short length. It leaves you wanting more, but that's a sign that it did it's job. If you haven’t seen this yet, you should.

Score:
Story - 9.5
Characters - 9
Animation - 8.5
Overall - 9.25

jubeh
09-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Review for one outs inc

Byakuran
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM
WTFWTFWTF

NEW MAWARU PENGUINDRUM EPISODE IS..... I DONT KNOW HOW I FEEL IM NOT SURE... OMG....

Also lol at Gintama x Sket Dance crossovers it was good : )

BozeSG
09-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Mawaru Penguindrum ftw!!!!

the new season is starting, i'm really looking forward to fate/zero, i've been reading the light novels and it's really good, that and mirai nikki and hunterxhunter remake are awesome. this is going to be a really good season...

Byakuran
09-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Did you see the cross-overs it was p. good if you watch Sket Dance as well xD...

BozeSG
10-01-2011, 03:53 AM
yeah, i saw both. i think gintama outdone sket dance in comedy though... as always...

speaking of sket dance, I WANT MORE SWITCH'S PAST!!! dammit, those two episodes were awesome...

Ozzaharwood
10-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Fate/Zero starts in about a week. Shakugan no Shana starts in about a week. Guilty Crown starts in about a week.

WHY CAN'T YOU COME FASTER! :ascii_grah:

Byakuran
10-08-2011, 08:19 AM
I think that was enough of Switch's past... his lil bro died... he became his lil bro and didnt want to talk anymore...

i want Himeko's past but i already know it xD... i want more himeko x bossun..

Also the new opening of Gintama... am i supposed to think that all those girls in the lift love him? Mann...

Ozzaharwood
10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Persona 4 has started.

Fate/Zero is one of the best anime of this year so far. If they can keep this up through all their episodes it'll prolly be towards the top of my list. C3 took a freaking creepy ass twist which just made it amazing. Shakugan no Shana is weird. I hope it gets better.

BozeSG
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
mirai nikki ep 3 was creepy as hell...

Also the new opening of Gintama... am i supposed to think that all those girls in the lift love him? Mann...one of them is otose, you know...

and yeah!!!!! finally elizabeth's backstory....

ram
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Yeah I got addicted at Mirai nikki after watching episode 1 I can't stop reading the manga and finished it before episode 2 comes out. D=

I already know everything that will happen, but still loving the anime so much.

On another story Gantz was sure awesome this latest chapter!! Damn those guys is sure awesome specially that mysterious guy that first slashed the head! Having all weapon useless then suddenly drawing just sword and raging into battle!! How brave is that!!!!???

Ozzaharwood
10-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Anyone who hasn't seen Steins;Gate needs to watch it now. Kind of got me depressed midway through to around the third last episode, but it was amazing. Also, Fate/Zero continues to amaze. I think the best of the season will either go to Fate/Zero or Guilty Crown. Watch them if you aren't already.

I might watch Mirai Nikki, but I'm already watching like 8 ongoing anime. I want to save some spots for if anything else I want to watch comes up. If I don't start watching it, I'll probably marathon it after it's finished.

Anyone actually watching Fate/Zero or Guilty Crown?

Outcast
10-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Might watch Guilty Crown, don't have a clue what to expect.
Just finished Gundam 00 the dynames and exia lines were badass.

GunZet
10-28-2011, 11:59 PM
You all should watch Dead Leaves if you haven't heard of it, or have ever seen it. It's just about the best action anime movie I've seen.

Ozzaharwood
10-29-2011, 01:09 AM
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/Ozzaharwood.jpg (http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Ozzaharwood/forumsig)

Almost at 1 month time spent watching. Too pro.

GunZet
10-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Where do you even find the time.

ram
10-30-2011, 04:35 AM
I have to thank Miku for telling me about Steins Gate, It didn't click me at episode 1 and 2 so I plan not to watch it ever again,

Believe me it was probably one of the biggest mistake I done in my whole life if I chosen not to watch it!! I'll send a DMAIL to myself now to tell myself to keep watching Steins Gate.

Edti: Finally finished watching Steins Gate, It's theory about time paradox seems believable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GuvV3DjlGM

But I love this one better lol

jubeh
10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Lol mcguffium

BozeSG
10-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Almost at 1 month time spent watching. Too pro.
:cat_hmp:

http://myanimegraph.k.vu/trackers/BGnoize/24.png (http://myanimelist.net/profile/BGnoize)

and yeah i regret not watching steins;gate, i was under the impression that i had to watch chaos;head before it and since it was so lame...
but damn now that i want to watch it, i don't have enough time...

Blue
10-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Dude, i havent watched any anime in like, 2 months.

weez18
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
its hard to find good anime..tht i havent already seen lol..>_<

GunZet
10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
So for Halloween, since I lack anything to do. I'm gonna watch Kakurenbo. Highly recommended.

Byakuran
10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Phi Brain is kinda good in a watching way, the puzzles arent really that hard yet.... but its watchable.

GunZet
11-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Watch this shit, like now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDpx3mWCl58

ram
11-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm currently watching Chaos Head,
I just figured something out after watching these types of anime, They're not interesting in the beginning! in fact most of the anime I love so much isn't interesting in the begging (like gurren lagann).

I guess I was wrong on the impression that I should make my story interesting from the start OTL

Gunzet, have you finished watching that? the trailer doesn't actually click me but if you finished watching it and say it's awesome then I guess I would go watch it as well

GunZet
11-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I watched it the year it came out...which was like maybe 3-5 years ago or longer lol. So yea I've already seen it. It's short, around 25mins, but it's amazing.

Delphinus
11-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I don't bother to watch most anime any more. Most anime is shit. Most media is shit, mind you, but anime has a far higher noise-to-signal ratio than most stuff.

Things I should watch:

Tokyo Godfathers
Perfect Blue
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell

I wish there was an anime of Ichi the Killer, too.

Sylux
11-04-2011, 10:17 PM
There is, you fool. It's called Ichi the Killer Epi oh wait you meant a good anime oh okay. Yeah maybe someday probably never.

GunZet
11-05-2011, 02:47 AM
Wut ya'll know about some original season Yu-Gi-Oh, son!

Inksprout
11-06-2011, 08:58 AM
I think here might be a good place to ask, I haven't watched a lot of anime recently. Do you guys have a couple of decent recommendations for me? I prefer recent since a lot of what I have seen is from a long time ago.

ram
11-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Steins;Gate! That's one of the best I could ever recommend!

Bacon_Barbarian
11-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Can someone recommend me a racing anime/manga? (Not speed racer please.)

GunZet
11-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Can someone recommend me a racing anime/manga? (Not speed racer please.)

Initial D

Byakuran
11-09-2011, 05:50 PM
I don't bother to watch most anime any more. Most anime is shit. Most media is shit, mind you, but anime has a far higher noise-to-signal ratio than most stuff.

Things I should watch:

Tokyo Godfathers
Perfect Blue
Ergo Proxy
Ghost in the Shell

I wish there was an anime of Ichi the Killer, too.

I watched Tokyo Godfathers the other day with my sis...a real Christmas " feel-good" story man...

Bacon_Barbarian
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Watch more One Piece Bya!!

Byakuran
11-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I heard they all got stronger huh :o....

Ozzaharwood
11-13-2011, 03:17 AM
You guys should watch Ben-to. It's Epic.

BozeSG
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Finished dennou coil, it turned out to become one of my most favourite animes of all time, i'd recommend it to every single person around, specially the ones who are looking for a decent and unique anime to watch among all these typical stuff around... watch it NAOOO...

Inksprout
11-14-2011, 05:03 AM
Is there somewhere you can watch it online?

GunZet
11-14-2011, 11:23 AM
Guys, I'm going to type this sentence, and then afterwards, type a mathematical equation that you must follow.
Watch this*9001
http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2713689369/

ram
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't understand Gunz,

Anyway I'm going to be watching guilty crown now, I liked what I read on myanimelist.net

you guys think it's any good?

GunZet
11-15-2011, 10:02 PM
You don't understand what?

Byakuran
11-19-2011, 06:05 PM
The mathematical equation that we must follow?

Also penguindrum just blew my mind. mindfucked me.... again. i wonder what will happen in the next 5 eps... how will it end... o_o
must. make. fanart.

Need a good romance not harem :l

DemonChild101
11-19-2011, 06:58 PM
so whats your guys' fav anime?? huuuuuuuuuh???:cat_huh:

Sylux
11-19-2011, 07:04 PM
.hack//G.U. Trilogy graphically, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann everything else including graphically

jubeh
11-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Awww sheeeeeit gungrave is on netflix.

Sylux
11-19-2011, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah shit nice

weez18
11-21-2011, 01:34 AM
so yea i started reading gantz fell in love with it im on chapter 140 or so..and now it just fucking pissed me off lol thy killed one of my fav characters off so soon..well imma keep reading it lol

ram
11-21-2011, 02:28 AM
I guess you still don't know about the reviving system lol,
*tries to spoil*

Anyway, Queen's blade ova seems to be out, Annelotte Just came out, I thought she's suppose to come out only in Queens blade rebellion.

weez18
11-21-2011, 12:36 PM
well shes not really killed off since there r two of her lol..but i just didnt like the way they killed her..she died in a stupid love cliche way..it jus pissed me off lol

ClockHand
11-21-2011, 12:51 PM
well shes not really killed off since there r two of her lol..but i just didnt like the way they killed her..she died in a stupid love cliche way..it jus pissed me off lol

Some characters are meant to be killed.

I don't know, but I love when the writer does that.

weez18
11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
ahh yes i do love when certain characters r killed lol but the way this character had died was just plain dumb...
Some characters are meant to be killed.

I don't know, but I love when the writer does that.

ClockHand
11-21-2011, 03:56 PM
I think that is not the point, it's not about how she die but more why she die and what her dead is going to bring to the other character.

I have to agree that in Gantz the writer doesn't really give a strong weight to characters dead and some times that is annoying (killing a character for just the joy of pissing of the reader is retarded), but the how a character die is something more of a personal taste.

ram
11-21-2011, 08:46 PM
I was actually waiting for that girl to die.

She's so useless, No offense weez >_>

Well I guess I'm not a type of guy who like protect the princess types of story so that maybe just me

weez18
11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
lol dont get me wrong i wanted her to get killed off..but so soon... lol i wanted a bit more of her..now im at a part where the story is really boring n ive dropped it...basically ive lost faith tht itll grasp my attention again
I was actually waiting for that girl to die.

She's so useless, No offense weez >_>

Well I guess I'm not a type of guy who like protect the princess types of story so that maybe just me

Regantor
11-22-2011, 11:53 AM
'Tis pretty annoying when a character is basically just there to be someone else's revenge motive IMO.

In a not really very related note, A TOAST TO DEMOCRACY!

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkg0zsbW331qjwurso1_500.jpg

After about the 40th episode, Legend of the Galactic Heroes got really damn good. Like, maybe better than classic Gundam territory. Why oh why was this never dubbed? *_*

jubeh
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Speaking of dubbing am I the only one that prefers older, shittier voice acting to the newer stuff? It just adds an endearing quality to a lot of shows.

Sylux
11-22-2011, 06:54 PM
I like older shows period sooooo also acting was different back then, maybe even better

Regantor
11-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Depends.

Ocean's Dragonball Z dub was hammy as hell, perfect for a hammy-ass show.

ADV's Rahxephon dub turned it from a sombre and subtle yarn into a-typical squeaky weebo crap.

Bacon_Barbarian
11-22-2011, 11:16 PM
The creator of Gantz said everyone in the manga would die at least once way back when.

Afrobit
11-24-2011, 01:59 AM
Speaking of dubbing am I the only one that prefers older, shittier voice acting to the newer stuff? It just adds an endearing quality to a lot of shows.

Honestly I missed how shows like DBZ and YYH were dubbed. They were gold.

ram
11-24-2011, 02:34 AM
I can't stop laughing after watching this video lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM5gQCdkT3k

Afrobit
11-24-2011, 02:41 AM
NO THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bf0aYBk0OQ

Ozzaharwood
11-24-2011, 04:11 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/379982_280246192018095_100000981487955_830626_8560 01277_n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j354/Yuiha-chan/screenies/Mazui_Boku_Ha_Tomodachi_Ga_Sukunai_-_07_whatagreedylookyouhavebitch.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/307104_2437018696721_1589350430_2237867_1028882713 _n.jpg
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j354/Yuiha-chan/screenies/KanjoutekiBokuwaTomodachigaSukunai-03_thebloodofvirginsdoesstimulatethepalate.jpg

Sylux
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
what's up with animu characters and being weird I mean cmon didn't they get over it when they were like preteens @_@

weez18
11-24-2011, 04:55 PM
so any good anime or manga out there

jubeh
11-24-2011, 04:57 PM
The only good anime are the ones that portray obviously underage girls as sex objects

Sylux
11-24-2011, 05:07 PM
oh you mean like Rugrats

Ozzaharwood
11-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Good anime you should watch:
Higurashi
Fate/Zero
Boku Ha Tomodachi
Shakugan no Shana

ClockHand
11-24-2011, 05:30 PM

Read Fairytale of the demon lord (I think that is the name, I don't remember), it was ok, at least the twist it have is nice. You could also try Coppelion, I haven't read it, but try it and tell me what do you think.

I'm facing a crisis with new mangas/comics, I can't find anything good -.-

You could also try to old classics if you haven't (20th century boys, monster, pluto, astro boy, devil man, etc).

Sylux
11-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Good anime you should watch:
Higurashi
Fate/Zero
Boku Ha Tomodachi
Shakugan no Shana
Wrong:
TTGL
Samurai Champloo
Afro Samurai
Cowboy Bebop
Full Metal Panic!
Akira
Vampire Hunter D
Hokuto no Ken
Ghost in the Shell
Yu Yu Hakushou
Cromartie High School
Gintama
Princess Mononoke
First episode of Naruto (episodes 2-255 suck)

ram
11-24-2011, 07:32 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/379982_280246192018095_100000981487955_830626_8560 01277_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/307104_2437018696721_1589350430_2237867_1028882713 _n.jpg

could I ask what anime is this?

weez18
11-24-2011, 07:36 PM
thx guys ive nvr heard of any of these animes/mangas u just added alot to my list ^^

Byakuran
11-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Gintama. JUST DO IT~

I also like Mawaru Penguindrum now... if the ending just doesn't suck...
im watching Chihayafuru the story is soooo sloooow are stories always so slow in shoujo man.

Btw Ram did you check Bokura Ga It was it any good?

Ozzaharwood
11-24-2011, 09:41 PM
could I ask what anime is this?

The first one is C3 - Cube x Cursed x Curious, and the second is Kyoukai Senjou No Horizon.

ClockHand
11-24-2011, 09:53 PM
thx guys ive nvr heard of any of these animes/mangas u just added alot to my list ^^

Wait. Are you for real?!

Then I will put my life long list.

weez18
11-24-2011, 09:53 PM
hmm any goodsites for watching anime i laready use animefuel.com but sometimes it only has episodes hosted at megavideo.com n it usually doesnt load properly on my laptop so i have to skip tht episode i really hate tht lol.. any suggestions on other sites thx it'd help alot ^^

ClockHand
11-24-2011, 09:54 PM
I don't watch anime so I don't know any site. But about mangas and comics, that's is different deal.

Ozzaharwood
11-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I download my anime. If you want those sites, they are these:
For completed Series - http://www.bakabt.com/
For ongoing Series - http://www.nyaa.eu/

Good streaming sites I know of:
http://www.niconico.com/anime/
http://revolution-anime.net
www.animefreak.tv
http://www.anime-sub.com/

NicoNico is the best quality for streaming, but downloading IMO is the best way to go. Plus BakaBT has a private bitorrent tracker; so you have to upload as much as download or else you'll get banned. This keeps all torrents alive and most have 100+ seeders all the time.

If you haven't seen those anime, I recommend you watch Clannad, Code Geass, Higurashi and Black Lagoon. I have a lot more favourites, but I'm too tired to think right now. XD

weez18
11-25-2011, 02:46 AM
thx oz uve been a huge help ^^

ram
11-25-2011, 05:49 AM
thx oz uve been a huge help ^^

I don't think he's helping you man, he's trying to drag you into our world where you'll think nothing but anime!!!
he's trying to control your mind!!! SNAP OUT OF IT WEEZ!!!!
Don't get to drag into our world!!

Bacon_Barbarian
11-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Naruto

wut

Byakuran
11-25-2011, 03:16 PM
You never answered my question ram. man.

ram
11-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Oh sorry lol, Well I did, But didn't quite catch my eyes.

Still like fruits basket and some other shoujo out there.

Regantor
11-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes already. Not for everyone if you don't like lots and lots of reading, since it's long and undubbed, but it's like this;

First impressions;

http://cptprix.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/kircheis.png

"Bishie space nazis? What is this, Code Geass? >_>..."

15ish episode point;

http://www.logh.net/minglogh/logh18c_s.jpg

"Rank and file.... IN SPACEEEEE!~"

30ish episode point;

http://gineipaedia.com/w/images/thumb/3/38/LOGH_novel_6_cover.jpg/367px-LOGH_novel_6_cover.jpg

"Fuck, when did I start watching this? *_*"

40th episode+;

http://neoshinka.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/live_free_or_reign_hard_logh_400.jpg?w=400&h=588

jubeh
11-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Does the show have like ridiculous talented child prodigies or what because it looks neat

Regantor
11-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Two or three, to be honest. Alot of babies in the last few episodes for some reason, too.

But the main characters drop like flies and 90&#37; of the cast are complete middle-aged dickheads, so really if you can stand a few instances of mega away with the fairies gayness early on, you'll be fine.

Also, yeah, lots and lots of talking. It's based on a novel rather than a manga.

jubeh
11-25-2011, 10:02 PM
I will give it a shot but if I don't like it I'll kill you where you stand

Regantor
11-25-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm beefing it purely because nobody has seen it, lul. I fully expect it will either weird out or bore most people.

Not to mention it only really gets good after the entire length of a normal anime series. :p

jubeh
11-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Idk you're making it sound like you're gonna die where you stand

Regantor
11-25-2011, 10:28 PM
You can't kill an aspect of your own mind, Jubeh. That's all MT ever was. Just staring at a blank screen for hours on end. That's all anime ever was. You made the images and the noises yourself. Something had to fill the void.

Do you really want to go back to the real world?

jubeh
11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Wat is this candle cove

Sylux
11-25-2011, 10:50 PM
I don't watch anime so I don't know any site. But about mangas and comics, that's is different deal.

thepiratebay.org

Byakuran
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh sorry lol, Well I did, But didn't quite catch my eyes.

Still like fruits basket and some other shoujo out there.

Oh god, i'm glad i dropped it then. The main girl voice is SO ANNOYING. and she IS ANNOYING as well. wtf is wrong with shoujo's these days. I hope Chihayafuru turns out nice but the story is being so slow i dont expect much romance... maybe its for the better xD. And wiki says 26 eps thats like saying its going to be an open end so you have to read the manga ugggh

Ozzaharwood
11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Just finished School Days. I lol'd. That ending was epic, but the rest of the series was p. much pointless and annoying.

Gedeon
11-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ..........just finished..............my mind.....................well.............is completly...............and utterly..............to the last neuron.......................FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED

What kind of a mind does a person need to come up with a plot such as in the said anime!!!!????

Afrobit
11-28-2011, 11:12 PM
You know they're making 3 movies for Madoka now. (Two are re-cap and the 3rd one is brand new story.)

Gen Urobuchi is responsible for Madoka as well as Fate/Zero. ; )

Regantor
11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Retro service no.2;

Armour Hunter Mellowlink

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KNtV81fnNeY/TP1R-AKAT3I/AAAAAAAAAuc/52ffxCUJGSA/s420/ARMOR_HUNTER_MELLOWINK&#37;2001.jpg

A bloke takes on his own genre and decides to kill giant robots with pure revenge-ness and badassery.

It is your dad.

Outcast
11-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Legend Of The Galactic Heroeshttp://oi43.tinypic.com/xcuexl.jpg

And awkward camera angles.

jubeh
11-30-2011, 12:29 AM
@Regantor: That looks pretty rad

Regantor
11-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Legend Of The Galactic Heroeshttp://oi43.tinypic.com/xcuexl.jpg

And awkward camera angles.

That camera angle happens for like a split second, I never got why it's around the internet so much. There is WAY worse campy bullshit earlier on in the series. XD

Seriously, LOGH is awesome, but I'm not going to pretend it isn't an acquired taste. If you took star trek, removed all the silly aliens and technology, and replaced them with well thought out space battles, political machinations that went somewhere, and dialogue which actually means something, you'd get LOGH. It's a space sitcom with brief spurts of intelligent tactics and hyper gore.

@Regantor: That looks pretty rad

It is. Mellowlink is probably the hardest of the hard mecha series and plays out a bit like a grimdark fighting anime. One nasty opponent per episode and all that. S'only 12 episodes long, being the only downfall.

Black_Shaggie
11-30-2011, 11:15 AM
I've been watching old stuff. Just watched Bezerker again. Guts is a bad ass. Just watched the entire 1st series of The Strongest Disciple: Kenichi too. That was a pretty good one. I just intoduced my GF to the awesome glory of Vampire Hunter D & Akira...but she didn't understand either movies.

Old stuff!

GunZet
11-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Hell yea, Vampire Hunter D.

Black_Shaggie
11-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Yeah....D's such a pimp. Doesn't loose his cool until the very end. Except for that one time when Doris Lang offered to let him feed on her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-RbTPqVYE28

Yeah Duke Togo's probally about the only dude coller than D. Have anybody seen The Professional or Golgo 13?

Outcast
11-30-2011, 11:09 PM
Reg I really wish I knew where you learn about all these great series. They're they types of things I would love to watch or read.

Regantor
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Being honest I mostly discover stuff after either bouncing into it via youtube or digging up the origins of neat-looking concept art. The Metal Slug games are a good example, since they take loads of influence from Dominion Tank Police.

There are tons upon tons of great 80s series in particular which never made the leap into the english language. It isn't too hard to find fansubs on the net, either, which are very much a legal grey area (They have no american licenses to break, so it isn't technically speaking breaking copyright law.), so long as you have a title to look for.

I could probably make a list, but that seems a little like blowing my own trumpet. *_*

ram
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTB1F9XGV3Q&NR
there seems to be a lot of edited videos these days., they seems so fun to watch lol.

Outcast
12-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I could probably make a list, but that seems a little like blowing my own trumpet. *_*

What if I enjoy the sound of you blowing your own trumpet?

Regantor
12-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Then you might just be a sex fiend. :p

Seriously through, I guess I could start a blog or something if people would actually read it. There are that many series to go back through, and I don't think Rio would take too kindly to me posting hulking great piles of rather dodgy links up here...

I'll smush one together on tumblr and chuck it here in a bit, anyhow.

Nude
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for a new series to watch. Something more 'adultish' (not to be confused with hentai-ish); but you know. Blood, gore, action, horror, whatever. The darker the better. Prefer an English dub, because my boyfriend won't watch it with me if he has to read subs. -_- But if not, that's fine. I can watch it in my own time.

I've seen most of the obvious, such as FMA: Brotherhood & Deathnote.

Suggest me some of your favorites! ^_^

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Maybe you guys can help.

I'm looking for a new series to watch. Something more 'adultish' (not to be confused with hentai-ish); but you know. Blood, gore, action, horror, whatever. The darker the better. Prefer an English dub, because my boyfriend won't watch it with me if he has to read subs. -_- But if not, that's fine. I can watch it in my own time.

Gantz? Berserk? Akira?

I don't know, I haven't seen to many "adults" animes, most of the adult material is in manga/comic format.

Nude
12-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Gantz. xD

I got like 6 episodes in and I had no idea what was going on. I'll check out Berserk & Akira. I've seen the movie Akira. So good.

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 04:43 PM
For Gantz, read the manga.

Actually if you ask for mangas or comics I can be way more useful (specially because Berserk is way better in manga).

T1B3R1U5
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
So many Manga's are a lot better than their Anime counterparts. Case in point, Gantz. <.<

weez18
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
started watching trigun...its so..damm funny xD

Ozzaharwood
12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Maybe you guys can help.

Ghost in the Shell or Higurashi? O:

Sylux
12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Nude watch Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom it's only about 27 episodes and really worth it only skip the end like tell me when you're about to watch the last episode and I'll tell you when to turn it off (just like turn off MGS4 when the credits start rolling)

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Higurashi? O:

Are you for real?

Ozzaharwood
12-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Hmm. I'm sorry I just thought Higurashi was an bloody, action, horror, gory anime that is dubbed.

Oh wait. It is.

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 05:33 PM
It is, but its like for kids, better said, its target are teenagers.

I will only agree if its the manga.

Ozzaharwood
12-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah, you're right about that. XD

Still a good watch though. Another one that fits that genre is Ergo Proxy but I assume they've already seen that.

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I assume that if someone says "I have already seen the most obvious", that person already have seen: ergo proxy, akira, ghost in the shell, blame, monster, flcl, gantz, etc.

You know, the obvious. jaja

Sylux
12-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh Nude watch Monster it's a really good show despite Delpenis talking about Johann Liebart totally being him especially the similarities between their faces ugggh

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't know, delp has a bigger nose, like a mile bigger.

I recommend her (and everyone) to read 20th century boys, from the same author. I think monster is great to go in the villain psychology, but 20th century boys is like a life story.

Delphinus
12-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh Nude watch Monster it's a really good show despite Delpenis talking about Johann Liebart totally being him especially the similarities between their faces ugggh

There is a bullet with your name on it somewhere around here.

And I see everything.

EDIT: Clockhand how do you even know that. And don't deepen my complexes.

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
That you have a big nose? you have posted million of pictures of you in MT, I can see the nose.

Delphinus
12-01-2011, 08:23 PM
I thought most of them were front view or 3/4 view

EDIT: shit incoming derail

ClockHand
12-01-2011, 08:50 PM
You can't trick me. I have mutant power, actually 2, one let me see any feature of a person in few looks (mostly few seconds).

Outcast
12-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Going to start gasaraki.

Regantor
12-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Own it. One of my favorite intros going and some cool mecha battles, but the main characters can be kind of flat (They were much too stoic for me to relate to any of them, even if it was intentional.)

Prepare for a totally unnecessary evangelion mindfuck ending, too. >_>

T1B3R1U5
12-02-2011, 03:21 PM
What's with the Japanese and mindfuck endings?

GunZet
12-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Every ending to Evangelion -still- mindfucks me to no end.

Regantor
12-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I sorta get them. The whole creating new universes in your head thing (Shinji is god at this point, so there is no difference between daydreams and reality). But, eh. I'm still pretty sure Anno wanted it to be intentionally confusing aswell.

What really dicks me off is when a director just 'pulls and eva' because it's like tradition at this point. At that point it's only a mindfuck because it doesn't actually mean that much. Like there is some massive life dilemma that the viewer already knows the answer to. The Rahxephon movie, Generator Gawl, and I'm pretty sure Eureka Seven did this...

Gedeon
12-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Im still meditating on the Ending of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica...
I love how i was fooled into believing it was a sunny-happy-friendship-unicorns-rainbows-and-ribbons anime......And the fact that im having a love-hate dilemma on the whole story.....especially the ending.

jubeh
12-03-2011, 11:41 PM
So netflix has like every season of slayers. This show's so bad but so good.

ClockHand
12-03-2011, 11:45 PM
This show's so bad but so good.

WHAT?!

Slayers bad?!

jubeh
12-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Maybe you forgot that Im not all wolf
Im half troll too!

ram
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbAV9tw8h4
I just found out what other categories of bikini from watching boku wa tomodachi

Ozzaharwood
12-04-2011, 10:11 AM
BokuTomo is the greatest comedy anime evar

jubeh
12-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Man I really want to like slayers again but its so anime

ClockHand
12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/Slayers/naga/slayers_naga018.jpg?=123

Ozzaharwood
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Sorry, but...

How do you not like that?

Sylux
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Her tits are fucking circles jeez

Ozzaharwood
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM
http://static.mangadrawing.net/users/imagecache/image_display/image/23924-kyoukai-senjou-no-horizon-aoi-kimi.d1533674af60afde61c49ee7dea1b648.jpg

So are hers. It's called push-up. XD

Sylux
12-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Seriously WHERE IS THE SAG I WANT SOME GODDAMN FUNBAGS NOT HELIUM BALLOONS

Ozzaharwood
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Then watch BokuTomo. Like right now.

Are you watching it yet?

No?

Now?

Go watch it.Right now.What are you waiting for?

jubeh
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Naga

She's not even in the main show that Im watching just lina inverse and her crew

Sylux
12-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Honestly Oz that looks pretty gay besides I need to finish monster anyway

Regantor
12-05-2011, 04:20 AM
Retro Service no.3;

Macross Plus

http://hsbsitez.com/images/files_collection/10168.jpg

It's come to my attention that people haven't seen this... and I have no idea why. It's pretty easy to find, it has nothing to do with the main Macross series, and is probably one of the finest anime going IMO. So I just sorta assumed people had seen it. But they haven't. :/

MP is basically about two rival test pilots fighting over a girl and a fighter project at the same time. Moreover, the girl is heavily involved with a computer generated pop singer, and stuff gets a little out of control when the singing AI she helped construct falls madly in love with both of the pilots, and goes a bit psychotic. Emotionally tense dogfighting ensues.

It's an OVA of 4 episodes, with a super nice english dub. Probably the series that introduced me to anime in the first place.

jubeh
12-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Some of the macross are on netfrix though I dont know which ones specifically. I saw a couple movies on there.

Regantor
12-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Macross overall is okay, but it just ages so badly because of the music. The new series, Frontier I can't even stand because it's really bland, Kawaii and popish.

But Plus was in a league of it's own. The music was done by Yoko Kanno, aswell, I forgot to mention (The lass who did everything from GITS to Cowboy Bebop's soundtrack). >_>

Byakuran
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
MAWARU PENGUINDRUM Y U EPISODES SO SHORT!?

WTF HOW CAN I ACCEPT ALL OF THIS WHY IS IT SO.... UGGGGH. ;A; i really wanted more kanba himari moments... but then again i dont think the show typically wants to show us this... it's so emotional and all, i really love this anime and live with every moment of it ;AAAA;

Ozzaharwood
12-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Yous an addict

My favourite right now is Fate/Zero. Probably going to be one of my all time favourites.

Byakuran
12-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Have you watched it? It's REALLY good. I'm not addicted i just really reaaaallyyy like it. ....

I love how the story evolved (Kanba ;A; )

Bacon_Barbarian
12-10-2011, 12:48 PM
So, which is better? Flames of Recca or YYH? (Also, I guess the manga version too.)

jubeh
12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Yyh by far why would you even ask that.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Been told Recca is much better... Is it worth reading/watching?

jubeh
12-10-2011, 05:56 PM
Flame of recca more like flame of sucka

Bacon_Barbarian
12-10-2011, 06:10 PM
OK. OK.

Is Reborn still any good? I sort of lost place of where I was, and I want to pick it back up again...

Evil_Cake
12-10-2011, 06:22 PM
not really unless u like bishies and really dumb shit

Bacon_Barbarian
12-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Shame... :/

Byakuran
12-10-2011, 08:10 PM
And there isnt even romance in it much =___=; . The guys are only hot drawn. The anime ends stupid.
I used to like watching it but... they just fked up the story and all.

Evil_Cake
12-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Shame... :/

where did u leave off tho? it used to be good

Ozzaharwood
12-11-2011, 01:19 AM
You guys should be watching Ben-to and Shakugan no Shana

Evil_Cake
12-11-2011, 01:34 AM
why

Ozzaharwood
12-11-2011, 01:36 AM
SnS is awesome and Ben-to is hilarious. There is also Fate/Zero and BokuTomo. You guys watch too much old stuff... D:

Sylux
12-11-2011, 01:54 AM
New stuff is p much all shit. There are nowhere near as many good shows on CN than there were on CartoonNetwork, same thing with Japanese crap.

Ozzaharwood
12-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Why is it bad? Is it because it's different from what you grew up with? You have to give things a chance before you judge them. I kind of understand what you mean though.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Dude I've watched 200 episodes of fucking Naruto. I have seen Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, Death Note, Code Geass, Spice and Wolf, Darker Than Black, Bamboo Blade, Hetalia, Samurai 7, Ouran, Mushi Shi, every episode so far of Bleach, Gintama, Eden of the East, Birdy the Mighty, Beck Mongolian Chop Squad, Kenichi, Last Exile, School Rumble, Full Metal Panic, FMA: Brotherhood, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Tsubasa Reservoir, Soul Eater, Nabari, Jyu-Oh-Sei, Blood+, Boku no Pico, Vandread, Honey and Clover, Kekkaishi, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Vampire Hunter D, TTGL, Dead Leaves, Shin Chan, and Paranoia Agent, all that I can recall off the top of my head, all within the past year, and I've only loved like 10 or 11 of them. I've given them a chance, and now I just watch acclaimed classics.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Death Note is good, it's just suffering from Hype backlash. Same could be said of TTGL, but I don't think people actually ever turned off of TTGL. What's wrong with Kekkaishi? I've been reading it, and it's pretty sweet.

And did you seriously just hate on Miyazaki? :O

where did u leave off tho? it used to be good
Just before the future arc started.

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Old stuffs were made by small audiences; Anime wasn't that popular back then, so the subjects on those were made for small audiences or for the taste of the directors. Now that Anime is a international industry, everything is made with a company mentality, producers and publishers have more powers and every Anime try to reach a bigger audience.

Most people say old animes were better, the deal is what they were living in a moment of "go big or die", now they don't need that, they just need to create products and have strong marketing.

Of course there are still good animes/mangas out there, Urasawa keeps drawing and his new manga, Billy Bat is great. The same goes in the Anime industry with studios like Gainax, trying to be the HBO of Anime (many times failling), but there are still good things, its just that the bad are bigger.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Kekkaishi isn't a Cowboy Bebop, that's what's wrong with it. Same thing with crap like Bleach and Blood+.

Ozzaharwood
12-11-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Ozzaharwood/anime

I've seen a lot too. You know a lot of the stuff you listed is some of the most popular anime out there, so even if you don't like it the majority does. You can stick with your classics, I just wanted to know why didn't like them.

Also, I was talking about the current ongoing stuff BTW, not any of that.

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 01:38 PM
How long do you have to eat shit to realize you are eating shit?

Just asking, because if you like to watch bad shows constantly, how long do you need to realize that are bad.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Just because every other jackass without a brain out there thinks it's good doesn't mean it is, so it's pointless to bring up the popular argument. Most things that are so popular are watered-down and not tasty anymore, anyway.

Ozzaharwood
12-11-2011, 01:58 PM
http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php

That's just your opinion. Your opinion is the minority. I'm thinking the same thing about you right now, and I'm sure if you said these things to 90&#37; of the people who watch anime, they'd think the same thing. You could call us jackasses without brains, but in the end arguing about this kind of stuff is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still retarded.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah because they're dumbasses who eat up everything they see on TV, just like Americans who watch crap like Glee.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
No one ever said BLEACH was good, Sy.

Regantor
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM

Sorry Oz, but in the politest way possible, kinda gonna have to agree that 'popular' doesn't equal 'good'... After all, millions of youtubers seem to think that anime is all total shite. They certainly aren't a distant minority, either.

With that said, about the link you posted; Lolwut, Legend of the Galactic Heroes is ranked higher than TTGL?

I've never talked to anybody else who had even seen it, via internet or real life. Something funky is going on there... >_>

Evil_Cake
12-11-2011, 04:59 PM
that list isnt even most popular, it is the top rated ones... if you go to most popular, it is much more depressing

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I've been told to watch Boku no Pico ... What's it about?

ClockHand
12-11-2011, 05:31 PM
It will be depressing no matter what. You need arguments to say why one of those made the list, you need to make distinctions between genres, you need to make a clear know the strong and weak points of those, and so on. Most anime fans are just kids who know little or nothing about stories, animation or characters, they just watch it because something in it is kawai.

Sylux
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
I've been told to watch Boku no Pico ... What's it about?

Boku no Pico (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Bokunopico.jpg)

jubeh
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Ughhh why did I look at that list ughhh

Sylux
12-11-2011, 06:09 PM
If you haven't already lost faith in humanity browse Ozz's posts to make sure you really do

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
And watch Boku no Pico

Sylux
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Yes if you still believe humans are good people watch Boku no Pico

Afrobit
12-11-2011, 08:26 PM
It's an emotional roller-coaster ride. Worth watching.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
I recently started watching an anime entitled Pico to Chico, and all I can say is… Wow. Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Pico to Chico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Pico to Chico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.

I don’t think this film justifies an arbitrary rating of stars; it’s much better than that. It deserves a place among the highest modern philosophical works of our world. Nietzsche, thy name is Pico.

Hayashida
12-12-2011, 12:02 AM
holy shit what the fuck you guys why did I google that whaaat the fuuuuck

Bacon_Barbarian
12-12-2011, 12:50 AM
lol

Outcast
12-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh god, haha.

BozeSG
12-13-2011, 04:22 PM
i'm really liking working'!!, though it's almost a moe anime, it doesn't rely on fanservice at all and it's got awesome characters AND it's pretty damn funny...!

Afrobit
12-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Hyouge Mono, why is no one subbing this?
;_;

It's so good.

BloodyDark
12-17-2011, 08:06 PM
holy shit what the fuck you guys why did I google that whaaat the fuuuuck

I lol'd a lot

hahahahahahahaha xD

anyway, what do you guys think about Kami Nomi Zo shiru sekai, I love both anime and manga, what about you?

jubeh
12-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Tried watching shigurui. The anime is just really obnoxious though. The manga seems better.

Tried watching something something disciple kenichi. Could there be a story more by the numbers than this one. The only thing its missing right now is super transformations.

weez18
12-19-2011, 12:39 AM
just finished the third season of FMA: brotherhood so far so good and i picked up corpse princess but im not such a fan of it so far im hoping itll get better :/

Delphinus
12-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I recently started watching an anime entitled Pico to Chico, and all I can say is… Wow. Unlike so many modern shows that stumble over every excruciating minutia of their characters, Pico to Chico tastefully crafts a story and leaves the characters to mystery (only a fool would dare call the character development “shallow”). Post-modern existentialism is the soup of the day as we progress through their adventure, only to find that materialism is the only thing that keeps us living, but it’s not in a pompous, pseudo-intellectual style that implies that’s a recent phenomena; it’s handled delicately but will impact you in a way that leaves you asking “Why?” Unlike our hack-ridden film industry, Pico to Chico uses metaphors in an excruciatingly subtle way. Sharp-eyed spectators should be able to spot the humanistic properties Chico’s sister displays. Just when you think all of the questions raised will be answered, the film comes to a halt, leaving you, the viewer, left to ponder the hidden questions scholars have kept to themselves up to their untimely deaths.

I don’t think this film justifies an arbitrary rating of stars; it’s much better than that. It deserves a place among the highest modern philosophical works of our world. Nietzsche, thy name is Pico.

Why did you use copypasta you fuckwit

EDIT: Mind you anyone who believes Bacon wrote that deserves what they get/got, me included >__<

Sylux
12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Well I've actually read that review elsewhere but I wasn't going to call him out about it because it was obviously just a joke

Bacon_Barbarian
12-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Why did you use copypasta you fuckwit

EDIT: Mind you anyone who believes Bacon wrote that deserves what they get/got, me included >__<
Dude, I got Hayashida. Just sayin'

Byakuran
12-22-2011, 08:24 PM
UGH... MAWARU PENGUINDRUM WHY IS YOUR ENDING SO NOT HOT-ROMANTIC...

IT IS ROMANTIC BUT COULDN'T IT BE HAPPILY ROMANTIC THEN AGAIN IT WAS ALWAYS A DRAMA BUT I HAD HOPE.
HOPE.
FOR A GOOD ROMANCE ENDING....AAAAAH

Delphinus
12-22-2011, 08:34 PM
^ Read Kare Kano. Somehow one of the first shoujo I ever read turned out to be one of the good ones. o__O

Afrobit
12-22-2011, 11:28 PM
UGH... MAWARU PENGUINDRUM WHY IS YOUR ENDING SO NOT HOT-ROMANTIC...

IT IS ROMANTIC BUT COULDN'T IT BE HAPPILY ROMANTIC THEN AGAIN IT WAS ALWAYS A DRAMA BUT I HAD HOPE.
HOPE.
FOR A GOOD ROMANCE ENDING....AAAAAH

;_____;
A SINGLE MANLY TEAR WAS SHED BECAUSE IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND EMOTIONAL.

IT WAS A WONDERFUL ENDING THAT WAS BITTERSWEET.

Saiyagal85
12-23-2011, 11:58 AM
I sure wish I had time to find new anime and/or manga. Anything good out there that is not too violent (waayyyy too much blood), dirty (nudity or inappropriate humor), or has yaoi or yuri? Perhaps I could find the time to check it out. I need to do more research to improve on my art style and the plot for my own manga. I prefer shonen anime to shojo. Ouran High School Host Club is the only Shojo anime I've ever watched.

Currently I am reading the Naruto Shippuden manga. I'm not watching anything at the moment.

Ozzaharwood
12-23-2011, 12:37 PM
If you haven't seen Clannad, watch it. It's comedy + romance + slife of life, but it's amazing.

ClockHand
12-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Just watch Monster, so you don't become in a Ozzhardwood and then being rejected by society.

Byakuran
12-23-2011, 12:59 PM
;_____;
A SINGLE MANLY TEAR WAS SHED BECAUSE IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL AND EMOTIONAL.

IT WAS A WONDERFUL ENDING THAT WAS BITTERSWEET.

YES. ; _____ ;

it was a realy good. (kinda confusing) series. But if you can think of the hints and signs that the you want to believe,
the apple as the fruit of the devil but also the fruit that is give to those who die for love? MAN IT WAS SO BEAUTIFULL WHATEVER IT WAS.

Afrobit
12-23-2011, 01:13 PM
To me the big issue in the series was how children get abandoned, looks at what happens to them, the consequences of their fate on others and finally what it takes to change “fate”.

Fate – The train metaphors show how people tend to be stuck on a specific path in life. And it actually takes a jarring event to shift them on a different track; a new path in life. The use of burning and apples represents the sacrifice often needed to jar someone out of the direction, the fate, they were headed.

As an adopted child I can relate to the notion of sacrifice expressed through Momoka the most, and others like Shouma. That most of the core cast needed to be saved at one point. That in order to actually be saved, people from the outside have to make a sacrifice. Not spontaneous combustion which could be an allusion to a financial or some other sacrifice. Like my parents who never had a biological child of their own and had to pay a lot of money to get me here. If they didn’t save me I would’ve been sent to the Child Grinder, which from my perspective just represents all the awful things that happens to societies abandoned children.

The characters in the story represent a shit tons of different sorts of kids abandoned by society.

Ringo – The child of an over worked single mother and a “franchise” father. While the dad technically never abandoned her, the new woman and child he was with alludes to how many dad’s will abandon one family that “doesn’t work out” and start an entirely new one, leaving the mother and child to suffer.

Yuri – Represents a victim of child abuse.

Teacher guy w/e his name is – Represents a kid who failed to live up to his parent’s lofty standards.

Shouma – His parent’s abandoned him for the sake of some ideal.

Himari – A straight up unwanted and abandoned child.

Kanba represented the resentment of doing anything to protect those close to him at whatever the cost to those on the outside. He also symbollized the resentment and bitterness that led to the insider vs outsider, us vs them, mentality through what happened to him and his family.

The terrorist allusions represent how people disgusted with this world often lash out at innocents because the perpetrators are much harder to single out and punish. The pink haired dude represents this as a curse or whatever. That nebulous anger and rage that has no outlet and eventually causes only more grief in the end.

Finally Ringo and Himari represent the woman, girl, female issue. That in this world, girls often get it the worst, since most people are more tolerable of keeping male children. The fact that Ringo and Himari were the ones that survived, strikes at this issue.

^I think this person explained the series pretty well.

Byakuran
12-23-2011, 05:56 PM
That is... beautifull. -single man tear-

" I love you. "

DrPumpkin
12-25-2011, 09:24 AM
My thoughts on Mawaru Penguindrum is as follows.

WHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTH EFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKW HATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHE FUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWH ATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEF UCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSOBSOBSOBSOB SOBSOBSOBSOBSOBSOBSOBSSOBSOBSOSBSOBSOSBOSBSOBSOSBS OBSOBSWHATTHEFUCK

Definitely my favorite series of 2011.

Byakuran
12-26-2011, 08:14 PM
^ ...

That is... beautifull. -single man tear-

" I love you. "

DrPumpkin
12-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I mean, I have this massive urge to discuss everything about the damn show with people but the whole thing STILL hasn't sunk into me yet.

It'll need at least seventeen re-watches.

Byakuran
12-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Well i already rewatched till the middle when i was at the middlle haha xD.

DrPumpkin
12-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Well you've got 16 and a half more times to go.