PDA

View Full Version : Random talk that may interest you(about living in Japan,Manga,Learning Japanese)

shinko-miki
08-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Don't worry ,this is definitely not spamming at all:cat_shylove:
THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT!

1.Staying in Japan
(sorry,there'll be lots of CAPS LOCK in this heading (x.x)
Now they have this epic stay where you can live in Japan,which makes me drool over about it.You can learn manga straight from there. You can stay there for like *counting* 2 weeks for just 195000 yen ?
NOT JUST THAT!
-Get to visit GREAT PLACES like Ghibli Museum(Never heard of it?Studio Ghibli is the one that made that famous movie-Totoro..)
-Get to go to a JAPANESE GAME SHOW
-Stay in great hotels or DORMITORY...
-GO TO SCHOOLS
AND MUCH MORE!!!

It'll be held on 5th to 18th September !Don't miss it!
Click here for more details
(http://gogonihon.com/en/nextadventure)

2.Two week online Kana course
Well,it might be useful for you to learn some Japanese if you plan to be a mangaka in Japan or learn more info on anime and manga on Japanese website.
It's FREE and it would usually cost quite a lot to get lessons of that quality...
Well,click here to APPLY (http://kana101.com/)

3.Get lessons straight from Japan!
Well,those lucky ones who can do online shopping ,this is a chance for people like you!
You can pay to get lessons straight away online!
Head here for more details and to buy! (http://www.manga-drawing.net/)

Well,this is all I can remember now...I'll add more if remember more of it.Anybody with great things to share,feel free to lengthen it.Just make it related to manga.

Rio
08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
You can go to school there and learn animation, art, etc: Yoyogi Animation Gakuin (http://yoani.jp/popup/sc/scen.php) and Nihon Kogakuin College (http://www.neec.ac.jp/cie/us/subject/cre.html). There's some more school links in the Resource page (More > Resource). There's also a travel agency based in California - forgot the name - that does themed packages for trips to Japan.

Sylux
08-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I might do that. o_o

ClockHand
08-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Dude, you live in USA, the best place on earth to learn about animation and drawing. And you want to learn from Japan? wtf?

CypressDahlia
08-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah, man, it's totally not worthwhile to experience a different culture and get a taste of the outside world, maybe broaden your horizons a little. What are you thinking?

ClockHand
08-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah, man, it's totally not worthwhile to experience a different culture and get a taste of the outside world, maybe broaden your horizons a little. What are you thinking?

yeah.

Hayashida
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
I like how straight up clock is with that response.

ram
08-09-2011, 06:11 PM
yeah i wish i live in USA too. but hey if you guys live in my country and you have a money for this. you'll probably try it too.

shinko-miki
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Manga originates from Japan,so it's good to learn their 'original version' as the country is best in manga and anime now,in the world。。。to improve yourself a level higher.Plus Japan is good in teaching,as what statistics show...

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/83cbd.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/83cbd)

So,it's worthy to go there and learn a few things before coming back.

ClockHand
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Shinko-miki@
Yeah, there is no other place in the world with something similar to mangas. Oh wait, they are, Europe has a full history of graphic narration that come even before Medieval times.

And Manga is the same as comic, I'm tired of people calling them as something different. Both use image, both use dialogues, both have the ame estructure, the is no real difference appart of the place were they are done.

Also yeah japan is great to learn, how many suicides are per year at cause of the education system they have? And if you ask me, USA, many European countries, and others are way better places to learn.

If the idea of learning from other culture sounds great, then I invite everyone to come here to learn about art. Because who cares the quality of the place were you are learning, it's the cultural experiensse what you want. I don't understand when you have everything you need at the doors of your house and uou don't pick it, maybe because I don't have that luck.

shinko-miki
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
You see,it's because comic have like different styles?Well,fine,I won't touch on it much.
Next,sucidal?Are you going there for sucidal or what?

"I invite everyone to come here to learn about art. "
sure,go ahead.I 'm not against it.Everybody can invite people to different countries,why can't you?

"I don't understand when you have everything you need at the doors of your house and you don't pick it, maybe because I don't have that luck. "

That doesn't even apply to my topic at all.."Random talk that may interest you" If that doesn't interest you,you can just leave it alone?Many of the people in the world have the desire to go to Japan.

No offence here.I created this thread just to make people realise their dreams and grasp the opportunity for some things they do not know of.

I'm sorry if my words hurt you.But,please understand.

ClockHand
08-09-2011, 10:05 PM
You see,it's because comic have like different styles?Well,fine,I won't touch on it much.
What? so which is that unique style? because as far as I can see, both have different styles and both have similar styles. Even more the "Mangas" you know are mix between japanese art, with french and USA comics.

Next,sucidal?Are you going there for sucidal or what?
Read everything. I said, part of their great educational system also provoke the biggest deaths.

"I invite everyone to come here to learn about art. "
sure,go ahead.I 'm not against it.Everybody can invite people to different countries,why can't you?
This wasn't to you, but more to show that it's more important a good education than the cultural learning. You can have this learning in any other moment.

"I don't understand when you have everything you need at the doors of your house and you don't pick it, maybe because I don't have that luck. "
That doesn't even apply to my topic at all.."Random talk that may interest you" If that doesn't interest you,you can just leave it alone?Many of the people in the world have the desire to go to Japan.
Again this wasn't for you.

No offence here.I created this thread just to make people realise their dreams and grasp the opportunity for some things they do not know of.
I'm sorry if my words hurt you.But,please understand.

I don't see how words can hurt me.

shinko-miki
08-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Well,I surrender,so let's stop it then,sorry for making it into a fight.

CypressDahlia
08-09-2011, 11:15 PM
Christ, Clock, just let it go.

Whether or not you like the idea isn't going to cause the organization to rescind their offer.

Hamachi
08-10-2011, 06:00 AM
It sounds like a nice offer. I just wish I hadn't spent my hard-earned summer money on random crap this entire year, else I would've been able to go easily. But then again, just about every Asian in every country speaks to other Asians in their own language and then the traveling Asians embarrass themselves when they open their mouths, so that might've been too humiliating for me to stomach. :P

Slurpee
08-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Lol.
I think what clock is trying to say is
"Japan is not the greatest place in the world. It is a country like any other"
I don't think he tried to offend you. I just wish that people would visit Japan more so for the cultural experince instead of the manga stuff. People need to get their heads out of their asses and stop trying to be wapanese.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
08-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Hmm, it seems like one of those typical package deal offers that independant companys do. The selling point is the 30 hours of manga artist training, so it seems, which may very well be insightful, but is it worth the money? Not sure. I think 195,000 YEN is about £1500, which means its 90 trillion US Dollars, so for what you will be getting out of it, it sems a bit steep, imo. They seem to be selling it on the authentisity of trip; This is Tokyo, home of manga. I suppose you could equate it to learning Irish dancing. You can learn to Irish dance anywhere in the world, but some will say 'No, you must learn in Dublin, because that is where you will learn the 'proper' method. Now all I need is your credit card details.'

I don't mean to sound too cynical because you do seem to get a fair amount for your money, but with the same amount of money you could get alot more. If you want to see Japan, buy an off-peak ticket, eat street food and sleep in hostels/couchsurf. If ya want to speak Japanese, go to your local college and do an evening course. If you want to improve your manga skills...draw more manga. Never been a fan of package deals anyway, more often than not they eliminate the interaction element of travel and turn it into a glorified couch trip. Too some thats great, but that ain't for me.

Nonetheless, it does seem interesting.

CypressDahlia
08-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I'd argue that manga and stuff IS part of the cultural experience.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
No need to argue, I agree with that logic. But in my opinion being taught how to draw manga for 30 hours is not what I would call a cultural experience. But we're all different.

CypressDahlia
08-10-2011, 01:29 PM
True that. But it's valuable knowledge for animators/artists, which I think this package particularly caters to. Especially those who want to succeed in this particular field of animation/art.

shinko-miki
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I think this is becoming an exchange of ideas.Someone,please delete the thread away...simply because I don't know how or cannot delete a thread

Rio
08-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Well... it is a discussion thread so what's wrong with information being discussed? :? I'll keep it open for now.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
An exchange of ideas is never a bad thing.

Sylux
08-10-2011, 10:56 PM
It is when you put Delphinus and Sottaceti in a chatroom together.

shinko-miki
08-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Rio,can you delete it now please ?thanks.There is no activity anymore

ram
08-19-2011, 03:38 AM
It is when you put Delphinus and Sottaceti in a chatroom together.

sylux aren't you sottaceti?

@shinko-miki
well, i don't know about closing this thread but what harm does it make?
if you don't want this thread then simply don't go to this thread.

Rio
08-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Usually, when there's no activity, it will fall somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of the forum... but since you just replied in it, there's activity again so yeah - I'll lock the thread then so that no one can add anymore.