PDA

View Full Version : greenfox's stuff.

greenfox212
07-31-2011, 10:18 PM
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/07/greenfox212-manguy016-jpg-2_500.jpg?t=4e360d234a475

this was a sketch i did while trying to thinks of some characters. it didn't really turn out how i would have liked it to. really i was trying to make her look older and sexy but i'm bad at drawing girls so it didn't work at. any constructive criticism would be great.

Celestial-Fox
08-01-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm not one that is magnetized to conventional beauty as much as many others, but I do think she is rather attractive. She seems to have a strong personality in that attire, and there's definitely something to be said about women like that. :)

Anyway, this looks like a good start. Are you going to line or color it?

KayleL
08-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Right now, she looks too flat. There are simple tricks you could use to instantly make your picture look better. The body isn't flat, so when clothes wraps around a person, you need to represent that with a curve, not a flat line. Add some depth to the clothes.

Another pointer, the arms and legs are too short. Those arms can't even reach her pockets. This is especially true with Anime where everyone looks lanky (But please focus on proper anatomy for now)

A good exercise is to draw extreme angles or extreme positions. Have the hand right up to the camera or do a bugs-eye view of the person.

SirJimmJimm
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
I agree with fox in that as an adventuring character, you would've hit the spot. I want to make that clear before I make my suggestions. Of course, with your desired description, I would suggest a few changes:

-The anatomy isn't actually bad at all. I did measure around 6-ish heads tall, which would be more appropriate for a younger adolescent. Lengthening the limbs a bit would help.
-As for the clothing, characters that are more...mature tend to wear things that are closer to the skin yet in a sense has a sense of conservatism. Something I have noticed is that older sexy characters tend to put focus on the chest rather than the belly button. You know, they wear those shirts with low collars to show the girls. The baggy pants could still work, though you might want to move them closer to the legs.
-Don't be afraid to make a few curves. Some lines, such as the sides of the torso, show some curves, though they stop just short of getting the shape you want.

ram
08-01-2011, 09:37 AM
well if you do want to make it look "hot and sexy" give her a better curve than that. and don't make the arms to farther away from the body unless you want it to pose something like that.

the foot is a little shorter if you ask me.

but it's a really nice art! i kinda see some potential in these. i mean i can't think of details like that when i was first starting.
i can see you have a very nice imagination on making a character!

KayleL
08-01-2011, 01:31 PM
This is far from perfect, but I hope my hack together photoshop job would give you some ideas on proportion. Don't be concern about the head count on the Loomis drawing. The idea is where elbows are relative to the navel, or wrist in relation with the hips, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/dWUcq.jpg

Gedeon
08-01-2011, 05:39 PM
As kayel said, you don't need to worry that much about the head heights, just focus where do the limbs end up! Its pretty cool actually! I bet that in lets say 4 months you are gonna improve!!! Sure there will be a lot of drawings where it will seem that you haven;t improved, but if you do as many as you can, and each time try something new(take a reference, add something you never added before, dare make more folds, do a dynamic pose with dynamic perspective...) then trust in 4 months max you'r gonna improve!!!!!!

greenfox212
08-04-2011, 09:10 AM
thanks some much. yeah i wasn't sure about the arm length. any i tried drawing her. after this i guess i'll just keep her pretty much the same (with some corrections). its much easier to draw her that way. but here a drawing where i tried to make her sexier. ( not sure it worked)

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/greenfox212/photo/view/sketch-2-3/download/size_500/

another sketch i drew randomly. actually i draw this guy a lot. i'm not sure about the face. its looked alright when i drew it but now that i scanned it looks weird.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/greenfox212/photo/view/manguy019-jpg/download/size_500/

trilokcool3
08-04-2011, 09:59 AM
the guy's right hand(our left) looks a little bit different from the other hand...
to be more specific... make it a little bit of muscular u will know which part i am talking about..:cat_huh:
also the length of the hands doesnt look similar if we imagine that we are going to measure his arm lengths. try BENDING MORE or YOU CAN MAKE THE WALL LOWER:cat_payup:

greenfox212
08-04-2011, 10:19 AM
yeah i couldn't figure out where to put the thumb on the right hand. more muscle huh. alright if you say so. i'm not sure what you mean by bending more.:cat_huh:

greenfox212
09-25-2011, 09:45 AM
http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2011/09/greenfox212-my-art-jpg-3_500.jpg?t=4e7f2f5a3ec84
this is like the first time i inked something an it actually turned out alright.
i like any criticism you can give me.

kaspar
10-11-2011, 02:09 AM
Nice job greenfox212! Just add a little more detail...
Try to fade the shadow a little.

Halo
10-13-2011, 07:42 AM
You need to work on your faces in profile, currently theres a lack of definition of the forehead c: makes them look flat.
The jawbone could use a little more definition, as well, and the middle of the ear should be about the same height as the eye is.

You also might want to look at some references for how muscles, necks, collarbones and shoulders sit in relation to each other in similar positions to this, it looks a little odd right now. The arms themselves are looking nice!

The hands could use a little more work, but they're hard;;; Posing hands is like posing a whole other in itself sometimes. But a good place to start are your own hands! Pretend you're conjuring some magic in a similar way to this-- how is your hand sitting? You might need some mirrors for this.

The robe is fairly nice... But she seems to have disappearing feet ;D We should be seeing a little heel or toe somewhere, hm?

Anyway, it's a nice picture, despite my critique, yes.

In my opinion, the main problem is actually the wings! You should look for references, theories as to how they connect to shoulder bones and how wings fold.

Keep drawing, looking forward to seeing more.

Maxx_Wellington
10-14-2011, 11:35 PM
For the first picture, you have the right idea with the clothes... I won't mention anatomy as it was mentionned a lot... Your look is about 25-30 years old, I think, but it needs a few flourishes. first, add more of a tilt to the belt and make it thicker.. let it hang from one hip and thus dangle from the other. Since you want an older look, lengthen the coat. A spunky older lady (30s and 40s) would wear a belly shit, however they would keep their jackets open to expose the shirt and wear a coat about down to their belly button or longer. As for the pants, the baggy look isn't old enough. let them hang open if you want them short, or use them full length.. to make them sexy use a semi bellbottom, full length look: get it tight at the top, then loosen them off past the knee to a normal fit.

For the dress, it looks amazing and you got a good dress for what I am guessing her age is. However, as she is an older lady, I would suggest a light sash to accent her waist. She looks shy about her beauty. if she is, she would hardly be standing straight, so add some pleats in the bottom half to accent the fact that her knee is bent and the dress isn't skin tight (which at that length, wouldn't allow her to walk) As well as amplify her femininity by accenty the breasts. Especially how she is standing, she would be squeezing her boobs together, so there would be a lot of cleavage.

The guy jumping off the wall, is awesome, there is a lot of detail... I'd put a smaller nose as yours seems to be half his face, putting the skull's nose cavity up in line with the eyes. The eyes should be a little smaller as the size now suggest 15-17 and the body suggests adult. The thumb should be flat on the wall, as the hand suggests it's a brick wall and not a metal barred wall. By the looks of proportions, the wall would also be about waist high, or lower, so his supporting arm should be a little more bent, putting his shoulder in line with the hand. Also, his body would be a straight motion line, rather than the curved. Right now, you have it looking like he has two left arms, but the right hands. the supporting arm would be facing us head on, so the deltoid (shoulder muscle) would be on the side of the bicep, allowing the bicep to buldge on it's own.

Lastly, the only real thing I see wrong with the angel is that your body and neck are facing 3/4 turn, and her head is in profile. the neck needs a twist in it or the face should be 3/4, depending if you want to keep her looking off to the side of her hand or not...

That's what I see, but you have a lot of tallent. keep it up!

greenfox212
10-15-2011, 12:50 PM
kaspar: thanks, i'll try that.

halo: thanks this really helps. face and hands are my weakness
good thing your pointed out the wings, i probably wouldn't have noticed them if you hadn't.

Maxx_Wellington: awesome. thanks you some much. the critique one the guy jumping over the wall was very helpful. i'll have to redraw him now.

thanks so much every one.

Maxx_Wellington
10-15-2011, 11:21 PM
no prob.

greenfox212
11-01-2011, 10:31 AM
if there any advise any one can give me before i ink this that would be great.
i used be good at drawing shoes, don't know what happened. any advise about where her other arm should be would be great.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/index.php?do=/greenfox212/photo/view/posed-badly-for-running/download/size_500/

any way any comment and critique are appreciated.

greenfox212
01-19-2012, 06:43 PM
yet another gal, i wasn't sure if i should at wrinkles in the dress. i'm not really sure about it at all. but it doesn't look awful i think.

http://www.mangatutorials.com/file/pic/photo/2012/01/greenfox212-maga006-jpg_500.jpg

Cloudy
01-19-2012, 07:48 PM
It doesn't look awful just need to practice more on those creases and copy from real clothing to make them even better :)

ClockHand
01-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Try to draw the structure of the body, in preference with muscles. So you can have a control of the disposition of the lines and all that.