PDA

View Full Version : Character with the saddest past life

ram
07-31-2011, 08:39 AM
I think i'm overdoing it with making too much of this types of threads with topic about characters.

anyway i vote for kon in bleach. he has probably the most intriguing past life,
you probably won't understand the nightmare of living your life as a candy and living in a bending machine full of people that has turned into a candy just like your self.
having your parents died or no friends ever since childhood is no compare to that guy

BlueExorcist
07-31-2011, 11:15 AM
:cat_hi:
i think.. it would have to be Setsuna F. Seiei from Gundam. He was forced to kill his parents and become a child-soilder in the name of God. Then he got to watch all his friends die on the battlefield!! Great life...
:cat_whyyou:

trilokcool3
07-31-2011, 11:18 AM
GAARA
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff451/tktcool3/trilokcool3-gaara-coloured_500.jpg
hmmm.... as a jinchuriki... i think his life was like worthless.....:cat_sad:
no 1 in his village loved him :cat_scared:.... not even his own FATHER....
his father tried to assassinate him but failed........ bcoz GAARA HAS POWERS like absolute DEFENSE... AND HAD A 1TAILED FOX...inside of him..
PAST is like he wanted to know WHAT HE IS ..?:cat_teardrop: its like (DEAD LIVING CREATURE)...
DONT KNOW THE MEANING AND FEELING OF LOVE,FRIENDSHIP,SHARING,..
jst think without those emotions HOW YOU WOULD HAVE ACTED.

ClockHand
07-31-2011, 11:21 AM
http://img.blogdecine.com/2008/08/cowboy%20bebop%20anime.jpg

Be in love with a girl you can't have, scape with her betraying your friends and mafia family, fail in the scape to end alone, to finally by back to her and just watch her die.

It's the classic sad romance that everyone loves.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_CRo9kQTDfrE/TTEmjcOVs8I/AAAAAAAABRU/ZQPsVGL_IUk/s1600/ultimate-spider-man.jpg

Peter Parker AKA Spiderman.

He never meet his parents (who die a long time ago), by his behavior his uncle Ben die, he has no friends, try to do the right thing sacrificing friends and relationships, always trying to save others but never himself.

Best super hero ever, and the most human of all.

jubeh
07-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Not from comics, but still has a p effed up past. The last of his species except for one crazy asshole.

http://doctorwho.maxupdates.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Incarnation-of-Doctor-Who-a.jpg

Also not from comics but p obvious. Sad immortal dude whose life is told to you through a series of depressing short stories.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2602/249355-kaim_large.jpg

And of course you should just read this if you haven't.

http://jammer.squarespace.com/storage/blackjack_170.jpg

CypressDahlia
07-31-2011, 06:23 PM
I think this applies to any character who finds out they're already dead at the end of the series/movie/story.

Arashi500
07-31-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm with Jubeh on the Doctor. Hell even that crazy asshole The Master had a pretty depressing life. Probably even worse: driven insane by a constant malevolent drum beat inside his head from when he was 9 ( or was it 6?), being the last of your kind, hated an used by your own people BEFORE and AFTER they all died, having your memories wiped and rewritten, and completely incapable of avoiding your greatest fear.

@Cyp, I think that really depends on the circumstances regarding that characters life and death. Not like it's impossible for them to die happy/for something.

CypressDahlia
08-01-2011, 02:12 AM
I unno I think it's pretty much the worst day ever if you think you're alive one minute and then you find out you're dead...

Unless you hate being alive, I guess/

GunZet
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
I'd say Cloud. But his is more confusing than sad I guess.

CypressDahlia
08-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Sometimes I get sad when I'm confused.

ClockHand
08-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Weird, I attack to the next target to me.

Arashi500
08-04-2011, 12:03 AM
I unno I think it's pretty much the worst day ever if you think you're alive one minute and then you find out you're dead...

Unless you hate being alive, I guess/

I guess i misread what you meant. I thought you meant things like the narrator of the story also being a character who dies at some point.

Hamachi
08-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Lelouch Lamperouge. At the end of the day, the guy was a moron.
And dead.
Also, it was his own fault.

Arashi500
08-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Lelouch Lamperouge. At the end of the day, the guy was a moron.
And dead.
Also, it was his own fault.

I fail to see how Lelouch has a sad death. Or how he was a moron.

Hamachi
08-09-2011, 10:21 AM
He ended up killing almost all the people he loved on a silly self-destructive revenge crusade; what's not to hate?
So the entire series was like a sad past leading to an even sadder ending. I mean, it was epic and I didn't expect it and it was poignant and all, but still.

Delphinus
08-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Pretty much everyone except the hero and heroine in Tales of Symphonia.

Two who were abandoned by their parents and then subject to massive racism.
One who killed his wife through no real fault of his own.
One whose sister was killed, and was traumatised to such an extent that she kept living in the same house as the rotting corpse of her father. PTSD or something. Age TWELVE.
One who killed most of her own village at age eight and was thereafter reviled by the survivors.
And one who saw his stepmother kill his real mother, then got rejected by his real mother as she died.

That game is pretty much Emo: The Cutting.

Sylux
08-09-2011, 12:19 PM
ZAZUGAY UCHIBLOW though his trauma is no excuse for his atrocious behaviour. Actually, Gayruto cuz he thought Zazugay was his friend but the jerk left him for some redhead.

ram
08-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Pretty much everyone except the hero and heroine in Tales of Symphonia.

Two who were abandoned by their parents and then subject to massive racism.
One who killed his wife through no real fault of his own.
One whose sister was killed, and was traumatised to such an extent that she kept living in the same house as the rotting corpse of her father. PTSD or something. Age TWELVE.
One who killed most of her own village at age eight and was thereafter reviled by the survivors.
And one who saw his stepmother kill his real mother, then got rejected by his real mother as she died.

That game is pretty much Emo: The Cutting.

wow! i never thought you would play a game like that.
anyway the character are probably
-genis, raine
-regal
-presea

who was the last two?
my memory can't recall them very much because my head is full of tales of Symphonia 2

Delphinus
08-09-2011, 08:31 PM
The last two are Sheena and Zelos respectively. You need to do a side-quest to find out the Zelos thing, but it gives him a depth that possibly makes him the most convincingly tragic character in the game. Pretty impressive for a comic relief character. In case you couldn't guess, he's also my favourite.

Tales is great, it totally rips apart RPG clichés. Though the sequel to Symphonia was kind of lame.

http://www.animegalleries.net/albums/userpics/26276/zelos03%5B1%5D.jpg

Sylux
08-10-2011, 11:22 PM
wow! i never thought you would play a game like that.

I honestly can't see Delphinus playing something other than some sort of RPG or team-sport game. The only games I know he's played are Tales, .hack, TF2, and Minecraft.

Arashi500
08-11-2011, 01:52 AM
He ended up killing almost all the people he loved on a silly self-destructive revenge crusade; what's not to hate?
So the entire series was like a sad past leading to an even sadder ending. I mean, it was epic and I didn't expect it and it was poignant and all, but still.

I dunno. He didn't really seem all that bothered about dying, nor did he seem suicidally depressed. He also saw and accepted the death of those close to him as an acceptable sacrifice in the face of his goal. Really all the other characters could be considered "sad" in some sense, but Lelouch in the end seems little more than victorious and genuinely pleased with himself, and if his final goal requires his own death, then so be it.

On Topic: Vash the Stampede also has a pretty traumatizing past.

ram
08-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I honestly can't see Delphinus playing something other than some sort of RPG or team-sport game. The only games I know he's played are Tales, .hack, TF2, and Minecraft.

wow those are the games that i usually play,..
well my friends say that tales sucks and they usually tease me in what i always like somehow.. it's really annoying when they say
"WOW 2D!" =_=.. that's why i don't talk about what games i play.

Sylux
08-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Lelouch was pretentious as fuck but from what I've seen (the first, 14th, and last episodes) he's a pretty okay guy.

ram
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
all of the characters in one piece has an emo past life.

Delphinus
08-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Hey, I like arcade racing and strategy/4x games too! Also beat-em-ups.

...okay, so mostly I prefer competitive games and RPGs, but...

EDIT: So I guess games that are intense.

Sylux
08-11-2011, 11:08 PM
You don't seem like an intense dude, so interesting choice. Sort of like Jubeh... I mean, Cooking Mama is really, really intense!

Kodos
08-13-2011, 11:34 AM
The Nameless One or Deionarra from Planescape: Torment

ram
08-15-2011, 03:26 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_QHcx89JZ8Y/TbsfYVFOJUI/AAAAAAAALmg/TpNAQeg5U-w/s1600/364295.jpg

I forgot these girls

Ozzaharwood
08-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Kotomi Ichinose from Clannad. Everyone from Angel Beats. P. much all of Key's characters have sad past lives.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRARRGrT0d-LAQNFcuAdB1fXGohksP_-TrhPiO9bq68hc6BGQhd8Q

Revy from Black Lagoon.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlHqSwBZrA2iEkWSJnnrhBiQT-bGnVgHmO2wm4zbKzPnOkxcQS

Clare and Raki from Claymore.

http://static.wix.com/media/dd9930203e7e4ceb0be1176148f65c9a.wix_mp_256

I could continue forever. Angel Beats is cheating a little bit though, since you have to have a crappy past to be put where they are.

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Arseface from Preacher.

Ok, the kid lived in a abusive home and he loved Kurt Cobain, he love him so much that he tried to kill himself as Kurt Cobain did; with shotgun at his face. Sadly he fail in his suicide intent and his face end deformed, looking like an ass.

He lives with his father who is the Sheriff of the town, sadly his father never speak to him or see him to his face, but he still love his father, he talk to him, he tell him his wishes and aspirations, but his father never looks to him or speak to him, like if he wasn't there.

Then Jesse force the father of arseface to fuck himself, which he did, chopping his dick and putting in his ass. After this the paramedics appear to save him, the sheriff tell to his son for his gun. Happily his son (arseface) gave the gun to his dad while telling him "that is great my father has spoke to my! maybe we can be a family again, maybe we can be happy again" but after he gave the gun his father blows his head.

In that day that little kid become Arseface.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/rage/images/030427/arseface.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9116/1519231-preacheryouknowwho_large.jpg

Bacon_Barbarian
09-15-2011, 07:06 PM
You read REALLY fucked up shit.

ram
09-15-2011, 07:43 PM
that really hurts me from just reading your post clock.

ClockHand
09-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Is kinda fuck up, but its part of the main thesis of the story and its important (not the character, but the relationship with the goal of the main character).

So this mean Arseface won the contest?

Guys, do you want to get even sadder? Arseface was a real person (of course the story is not the same as in the comic, but he existed).

ram
09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I think I herd something in the news a very long time ago that says, a person survived after being shot in head.
but i never knew that we have a history that survived a shot gun in the face!

ok he wins the saddest, but also the creepiest story as well. >_>

Bijju
10-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Saddest character with past?
Lucy/Nyu-chan/Kaede from Elfen Lied.
Why does everyone hate Elfen Lied....?

Sparky-J
10-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Misty, Ash destroyed her bike... AND NEVER REPLACED IT!!! D:

ram
11-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Amane Suzuha
I've been reading steins;Gate - Boukan no Rebellion

And she really did went through a whole lot! STUPID SERN!!!!

GunZet
11-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Misty, Ash destroyed her bike... AND NEVER REPLACED IT!!! D:

Too agreed.

jaidurn
11-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Simon from Gurren Lagann. Quite a bit of his life was p. sad.

FrancysPai
11-26-2011, 04:56 PM
I got a little sad finding out Vega's (Street Fighter) back story. He was pretty sane before he watched his mother murdered in front of him by his step father :< then went insane and killed him in return and ended up with a dual personality.

Sylux
11-26-2011, 10:43 PM
batman

Bacon_Barbarian
11-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Nico Robin is certainly up there

Sylux
11-27-2011, 01:00 AM
commander shepard

Inksprout
11-27-2011, 05:25 AM
Gurren Lagann was actually really sad. D=

Sylux
11-27-2011, 11:33 AM
subject zero

Celestial-Fox
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
batman

Really now. XD

Regantor
12-05-2011, 04:06 AM
batman

Doesn't he have like fifty million super friends? Especially in the multiverse stuff with superman and all that. You'd think he'd learn to cheer the smeg up by now. Grimdark my ass. :p

Sylux
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Spiderman

Delphinus
12-05-2011, 07:35 PM
heathcliff

ram
12-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Shinichi kudo

lived a very good life in a mansion with talented genes since birth and able to do everything he wants cause his parents aren't around.
Also being a famous high school detective who happens to gone back to being a child and lived with the girl she loved.

But still dramas that he can't tell her how he feels, Yeah very sad indeed.

ClockHand
12-06-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/rage/images/030427/arseface.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9116/1519231-preacheryouknowwho_large.jpg

No one should forget arseface.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
You're making it hard to.

Lucy
12-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Saddest character with past?
Lucy/Nyu-chan/Kaede from Elfen Lied.
Why does everyone hate Elfen Lied....?

It's a broken base. People's opinions on Elfen Lied are primarily formed based on two things: whether they stay with it through the gore and nudity to the tragedy parts at the end, and whether they can forgive Lucy for becoming a sadistic hyperaggressive psycho after what she went through. And then, of course, you also have to be a sucker for sad stories. On top of that there's very little instant gratification in Elfen Lied (besides gory decapitations and such). It's a masterpiece to a specific kind of person, but then so is everything. It's a work with VERY subjective quality.