View Full Version : Supernatural TV Show: The Anime and Manga

07-26-2011, 11:23 PM
So. If you haven't heard it yet, the anime for Supernatural is coming out next month. Thought I'd mention it since there's quite a number of fans here. The anime characters will be voiced by the real-life actors so it'll at least it won't be as jarring.

And now for some video's and images:

More info here. (http://io9.com/5823272/the-supernatural-anime-series-translates-perfectly)

At one point, I want to check this out.. but on the other hand, I'm afraid to see how emo, bishie, etc they turn out to be. :ascii_scared:

07-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Hohoho, interesting ^_^ Gonna watch this one. Dean is similar to the real life counterpart, but can't say the same with the little brother one (he reminds me to Barnaby from Tiger & Bunny though).

07-27-2011, 12:22 AM
As a huge fan who's been watching supernatural ever since the first episode, i'd say it's better left alone.
But I can't knock it till I see it I guess.

07-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Wow, it actually looks fairly decent. The first few episodes are already out too. Awesome stuff, but is it just me or does Sam look like Spike from Cowboy Bebop?

07-27-2011, 10:43 AM
I actually seen the (japanese only) preview add for this a while back, with the actors looking mega awkward about the whole affair. It was hilarious. :p

Seriously through, I'm a fan of the original series and I can see this working. They were never afraid of making fun of themselves in the past, so as long as the spirit is intact here, I think it makes a good mashup...

The artwork? Not a perfect reprosentation, but I think it suits the overall tone quite well.

07-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Now that you mention it, Sam does look like Spike! ...Though his hair isn't as poofy. What gets me is that he's so skinny but I guess that's what happens in anime - you become 100 pounds lighter than you really are! xD

I hear that they also changed how Bobby looks like - he's wearing a trench coat and pork pie hat like those old-fashioned gumshoes.

07-27-2011, 05:35 PM
This may be a better medium for it than live action. I couldn't get into it much. But this anime version shows promise.

07-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I think what differentiates it from live action is that they can add more special effects and do crazier things than in an anime than in the real life shows.

07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
I like the show because it's actually good on the special effects without going overboard. So it's crazy and 'supernatural' but not to the max, it's still believable. I just hope it doesn't all go to hell with the anime lol....and it has to have Castiel.

04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Oh, snap, it's already April! Thanks for reminding me to prepare for a holiday that's 7 months away!

04-24-2013, 06:19 PM
I don't really like when people do these things -_-; Supernatural was already a good show, why make it an anime? That's like making a book out of a book. Ah well, I just hope they don't mess it up.

04-25-2013, 12:49 PM
So this was apparently in our library system and I've put a hold on it. I'll let you guys know how it is once I get my hands on them dvds.