PDA

View Full Version : New Last Airbender Series (trailer included)

Pages : [1] 2

Fenn
07-25-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_VkHYtS6MY

Let the hype begin! There's more info about the plot at the avatar wiki: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Airbender:_Legend_of_Korra

Personally I'm super excited to see more widespread metalbending, and to see what nods to the original series they throw our way. Anyone else stoked for this?

Kokoro_Hane
07-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I am SO EXCITED for this series and that trailer was awesome! Can't believe it's going to be set like 70 years later, but it looks amazing and I am excited. Ooh, Chief Bei Fong?? Toph had a daughter? She must be kick-butt, then!! I wonder, though, about Zuko and Sokka's life after book 3, it's not mentioned. Oh well, maybe further down the line...

Kodos
07-29-2011, 07:00 PM
All of my love. All of it.

Bacon_Barbarian
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
A little late to the party. Wasn't this anounced last year? Either way, it's bitchin' a trailer is finally out.

BlueExorcist
07-30-2011, 12:14 AM
when does it come out??:cat_pweeese:

and bacon is right..

bambi
07-30-2011, 01:08 AM
I am excited for this! :D It looks awesome from the trailer... And I like that they chose a more modern setting.

Fenn
07-30-2011, 12:03 PM
A little late to the party. Wasn't this anounced last year? Either way, it's bitchin' a trailer is finally out.

I know it was announced, but we didn't have an active topic and the trailer just came out. BTW I believe it comes ot early 2012.

Also, it says on the wiki Toph went around spreading metalbending. And now they have a METALBENDING POLICE FORCE!

Hamachi
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Avatar: the first and most likely last animated Asian-themed series that I ever will enjoy listening to in English.

Gedeon
08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
OAO----------^v------__________________________________------^v-----^v------
^as you can see my heart stoped......

Fenn
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Also Aang and Katara had 3 kids: a boy and two girls.

Byakuran
08-19-2011, 09:25 PM
we know.... its from the wiki page aint it?

i want to know who toph got a daughter with.... Cuz sokka got that kiyoshi warrior.... its not one of those earth bending wrestles was it?

Fenn
08-19-2011, 09:27 PM
we know.... its from the wiki page aint it?

she travels with two bro's right and ang's son is p. old and has kids as well all airbenders i believe...

Yeah idk why I even made that post.

Byakuran
08-19-2011, 09:31 PM
back to Toph's Husband.... SUGGESTIONS?

Fenn
08-19-2011, 10:03 PM
back to Toph's Husband.... SUGGESTIONS?

Lol...The Boulder.

:cat_sweat:

Psy
08-20-2011, 02:55 AM
The boulder was like 30 when Toph was like 12. Dont be gross!

scanten71-402san
08-20-2011, 06:25 AM
I am neutral Avatar, but most of my friends say it ain't anime, but some like it and consider as American anime. I love Japanese animes better.
Uuuh Katara is looking nice. And she has kids? Wanna show me pics of them?

Fenn
08-20-2011, 12:22 PM
The boulder was like 30 when Toph was like 12. Dont be gross!

Oh I didn't even think about that, I was like "Well Toph is an adult Earthbender and the Boulder is an adult Earthbended..."

That being said, there weren't many notable characters in Toph's age range in the original series. If we're looking for a "celebrity couple" like Aang and Katara, she'd have to marry an older man.

Byakuran
08-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Is it bad that i hope suki died, so toph and sokka can be together?

Sylux
08-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Er, yeah. Anyways I hope Zuko dumped that wench with the long face to become a whorish ladysnagger like he was always meant to be.

Fenn
08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Er, yeah. Anyways I hope Zuko dumped that wench with the long face to become a whorish ladysnagger like he was always meant to be.

I prefer to leave that in the imagination of the fans. The Firelord tasked with rebuilding the world can't have such distractions!

Hellblaze123
08-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Ah, so now Nick is gonna milk another series for some money -.- they seriously need to leave stuff alone and try coming up with some NEW ideas. Though i guess looking at their older stuff i can see why their doing this. lol

Byakuran
08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Fuck Zuko. (Remember when he was bald?)

Sokka is the hotty of the series. GOSOKKAGOSOKKA

But Toph and Haru? noman suki should just die :L
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110805120438/avatar/images/c/c2/Bei_Fong.jpg
Hmmm the father is...

also ;A; ' Not much is known about Toph's future, but Andrea Romano confirmed in a recent interview that she and the rest of Team Avatar have died by the time of Legend of Korra ' :( well at least we will have the flashbacks :(

Fenn
08-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Ah, so now Nick is gonna milk another series for some money -.- they seriously need to leave stuff alone and try coming up with some NEW ideas. Though i guess looking at their older stuff i can see why their doing this. lol

I don't see how it's milking it -- fans are dying for more Avatar and it's a brand new plot, just the same universe.

And I liked Hey Arnold and Fairly Odd Parents, to name a couple.

Joosh
08-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Fairly odd parents was great until they decided to "Milk" it as hellblaze would say when Cosmo had a baby..
Anywho Im so excited for this series. SO EXCITED

Byakuran
08-24-2011, 07:31 PM
WE WE SO EXCITED.

Yep i liked Fairy Odd Parents... and Jimmy Neutron a bit (SHEEN<3)
Avatar is really my fav. i watched ALL the episodes in dutch, even multiple times :) and last two seasons also in english (ijustdownloaded them i couldnt wait xD)

Bacon_Barbarian
08-24-2011, 11:33 PM
He can't have a wife? Ever? At all? I think it's pretty disturbing that the Avatar can have children. I mean, you could be related to yourself. Aang and Zuko being ... 2nd Cousins or w/e is already pretty fucked.

Hellblaze123
08-25-2011, 02:15 PM
I never said that the new series wouldn't be good or anything, im just saying that like all other series, once they get something that is popular they have to milk it for every cent they can get out of it. I mean look at how they are milking DBZ now by cutting out all the filler, reducing it down to ending after the Cell Saga, and naming it Dragon Ball Kai. Same principle, i love DBZ, and i like DBK, but they have been milking it so damn dry the cows tits are pretty much torn off. So with Avatar they are pretty much STARTING to do the same thing. Now whether they will kill the series or end it with this nice sequel we will see.

Also side note, i wanna find the prick who made Dragonball Evolution and beat him to death with a bat with nails on it and is on fire >.<

Psy
08-26-2011, 06:38 PM
How the hell can you get mad at animators and producers for making and profiting from something people clearly want? You want something? Well then some one has to get paid for it. I don't see how anyone could complain about there being more of something that they like? In the case of dragon ball z I do nt see your point. The "original" is not even original. In fact you could say that the first dragon ball z shown here in America was being milked for all it was worth. They cut shows out and would paste episodes together mixing them up to make entirely new episodes so it would last longer (in other words "milking it"). The Kai series is what DBZ should have been in the first place and they are finally giving the people what they want. If I remember correctly one of the reasons Sailor moon stopped showing here in America was partly due to us butchering the show and cutting out episodes and piecing together new ones (the creator got pissed and refused to let us have the license anymore). There is also something about the last season that they wanted to change and the creator was like "oh he'll naw!".

Bacon_Barbarian
08-26-2011, 06:59 PM
No. This isn't like DBZ. At all. DBZ was MADE to continue by the editors. On multiple occasion. DBGT didn't even have Toriyama on board. Kai ... As Psy said, Kai is what the anime originally should have been.

LoK is different in two ways. First of all, it has the original directors on board, and second of all, it isn't being forced into production.

Fenn
08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Just remembered another series I enjoyed that DIDN'T get milked: Danny Phantom.

Anyways on topic, what do people make of this "anti-bender" revolution? At first I thought it sounded cliche, but once I thought about it, it really fits into the world and is quite believable. I mean, even Sokka got jealous at one point (the episode where he got his sword) b/c he felt inferior to the benders. I can see others having this same feeling.

And apparently the rebels all know chi-blocking O_O

Bacon_Barbarian
08-26-2011, 10:19 PM
This isn't caused be jealousy though ... Right? Didn't they say that it was because they thought the benders were dangerous/no longer needed? Not to say people can't be motivated be jealousy anyway.

Byakuran
08-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Hmmm, maybe just both?

Yeah ty lee blocking chi technique... man i wish the series would come sooner im just so excited.

Bacon_Barbarian
08-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Hmmm, maybe just both?

Yeah ty lee blocking chi technique... man i wish the series would come sooner im just so excited.

I mean, how long will you have to wait after it comes out in America.

Byakuran
08-27-2011, 03:13 PM
hmmm, since avatar was a big hit here as well, i'd think 6 months?
last time it was after a year but it was a big hit and the shows ended 5 months after the america one... so i just hope 6 months.
I could always download the eps from internet in english :>

Start: 21 februari 2005 (America)
1 april 2006 (Netherlands)
End: 19 juli 2008 (America)
23 november 2008 (Netherlands)

whoah 2008, thats like almost 3 years ago . - . , time goes fast

Fenn
08-27-2011, 11:32 PM
This isn't caused be jealousy though ... Right? Didn't they say that it was because they thought the benders were dangerous/no longer needed? Not to say people can't be motivated be jealousy anyway.

I can't see them eliminating a unique, powerful group liek the benders on the grounds that they're useless. Bending is more useful than any other ability in that world.

Dangerous maybe. But why rise up 70 years after the event that is basically the posterchild of bending gone awry (Sozin's comet), rather than right after?

Bacon_Barbarian
08-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Well, Korra's suppose to be A LOT more steampunk, so I wouldn't be sure about them becoming less useful.

IDK about that though.

Fenn
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, Korra's suppose to be A LOT more steampunk, so I wouldn't be sure about them becoming less useful.

IDK about that though.

You're right.

Steam= Water + Heat. Firebenders are a near-limitless source of clean, renewable heat as well as electricity (lightning). And waterbenders can superheat water themselves anyway, making steam. Airbenders might be less useful but they can still pretty much fly. Lastly, Earthbenders have metalbending now, and metal is everywhere in steampunk if I'm correct.

So yeah, benders only become more useful and dangerous as technology advances.

ClockHand
09-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Anyways on topic, what do people make of this "anti-bender" revolution? At first I thought it sounded cliche, but once I thought about it, it really fits into the world and is quite believable. I mean, even Sokka got jealous at one point (the episode where he got his sword) b/c he felt inferior to the benders. I can see others having this same feeling.

And apparently the rebels all know chi-blocking O_O

The entire concept of Avatar is about this only individual who has to give stability to the world. In the Aang story, the whole balance was about the 4 nations and their benders, so obviously the benders form part of the big balance of this world. Killing the benders would mean destroying the balance (as happened with the genocide of the air bender monks), so obviously the "anti-benders" are gonna be the bad guys, but as every good story it can't be flat, so someone has to be the biggest bad guy in here. Specially because Aang grand son (?) is part of that revolution and the Avatar will have the obligation to talk with him.

With this said, I think the anti-bender revolution is just a fragment of the story, and it only gives a social layer for it, so at the moment there hasn't been any big plot spoiled. And if the whole story is about the anti bender revolution, it would be sad.

As I see it, bender have no real advantage in this world, Zokka proved it.

Joosh
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM
D;
theres only gonna be like 12 episodes I heard.

Fenn
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
The entire concept of Avatar is about this only individual who has to give stability to the world. In the Aang story, the whole balance was about the 4 nations and their benders, so obviously the benders form part of the big balance of this world. Killing the benders would mean destroying the balance (as happened with the genocide of the air bender monks), so obviously the "anti-benders" are gonna be the bad guys, but as every good story it can't be flat, so someone has to be the biggest bad guy in here. Specially because Aang grand son (?) is part of that revolution and the Avatar will have the obligation to talk with him.

With this said, I think the anti-bender revolution is just a fragment of the story, and it only gives a social layer for it, so at the moment there hasn't been any big plot spoiled. And if the whole story is about the anti bender revolution, it would be sad.

As I see it, bender have no real advantage in this world, Zokka proved it.

Idk, i hope you're right and there's more to the story. In fact, we know there is, since Korra's journey to becoming a full-fledged avatar can be considered part of the plot. But I wouldn't be disappointed if the revolution was the main conflict. It's probably a bigger deal that they've let us know.

Sokka can't lift a finger to the better benders. He's a greater warrior than your average Fire Nation soldier, but he stands no chance against the likes of Katara, Zuko, or Toph. Simply put, if you have two 100-man armies of equal skill, the benders beat the not benders every time. The only one who could truly put up a fight against expert benders is Ty Lee; I'm surprised you didn't use her as your example.

D;
theres only gonna be like 12 episodes I heard.

Yeah it originally was, but I believe they mentioned at Comic-Con an extension.

ClockHand
09-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I hope there is more in the story, it would bring more layers to it. And I disagree, Sokka might not be able to lift a finger to the better benders, but he can create something to do it. He is more of a creative character at the time of take action, than using skills.

Fenn
09-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I hope there is more in the story, it would bring more layers to it. And I disagree, Sokka might not be able to lift a finger to the better benders, but he can create something to do it. He is more of a creative character at the time of take action, than using skills.

Hey, I wasn't dissing Sokka. In fact, I think part of what impresses me about him is just that. He manages to contribute against the odds. He has to be more creative than the other characters because he has te inherent disadvantage of lacking bending ability.

In general, though, benders do have a very real advantage--for now. If it's true that the rebels have learned chi-blocking, then the combat gap between benders and non-benders just closed by a good margin.

Also yeah more layers would be nice.

Captain_Neko
09-11-2011, 08:11 PM
It's probable that the anti-benders have suits that allow them to imitate bending(i.e. Flamethrowers, fire hose, Possibly a fan). Of course, It's also probable that firebenders could control the fire from a flamethrower.

Byakuran
12-06-2011, 09:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGnN1DBDxaw

Necro-post i'm sorry but this is NEW INFO man D:
This is THE TRAILER the one of the first got removed... this one is so radical!

Fenn
12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Um, chills down your spine anyone?

It's SO strange looking at a statue of Aang. I mean, I know how far in the future it is but it didn't really strike me until I saw the likeness of the main character from the original series embodied in a monument.

The art style is gorgeous and I love the new take on the old theme song.

Byakuran
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
xD I know right! i can't wait to see the whole steampunk stuff! How the cities evolved is amazing, i love the character designs as well.... thumbs up for the designers!

It's almost 2012... i hope they'll broadcast is as soon as possible!

tag654
12-06-2011, 01:01 PM
OMG!I heard about this awhile back too,I love the fact that their bringing it back with a new setting and stuff,hopefully its better than the original....And/or longer....The original was pretty short so I hope this one is better,also,
@fenn - completely right,the design and detail of this "Newer" Avatar really looks magnifecent.....Really cant wait either.

*Agreeing with Byakuran*

Afrobit
12-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Dat music.
Dat background art.
Dat fighting animation.

Oh yes.

Peteman
12-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Is it just me or does the guy who says 'the avatar' 0_0 sound like Sokka?

Fenn
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Is it just me or does the guy who says 'the avatar' 0_0 sound like Sokka?

The voice actor for Sokka, if I remember correctly, was confirmed to be returning to voice a character in the new series.

Also slightly off-topic, how epic would a 2D Last Airbender fighting game be? They certainly have the character-base for it. If this ever happens, I call Iroh.

GAbRieLWrIgHt
12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
the animation is REALLY good...

Byakuran
12-06-2011, 05:07 PM
I have Avatar for WII the game xD. Not a real vs. fight game :<. It would be awesome nonetheless.

When i heard that guy from ' the avatar ' i was like ' That must be Sokka's son... the genes are so there '

Bacon_Barbarian
12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Hmmm. Why was she using so much Firebending if she's a Watertribe girl? Also, that was fucking sexy.

Fenn
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hmmm. Why was she using so much Firebending if she's a Watertribe girl? Also, that was fucking sexy.

She's the Avatar, and already knows Wate, Fire, and Earthbending. And she knows them well. In some parts she's disguised as a firebending soldier it appears, so Waterbending would give it away. Also, she seemed to be fighting mostly firebenders, and if I'm not mistaken one of the best ways to block a fire attack is using more fire.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-06-2011, 11:37 PM
She's the Avatar, and already knows Wate, Fire, and Earthbending.
I knew this already, but now that you mention it ... I wonder how the plot will be drive, since she's already so much more proficient then Aang. I also like how she's closer to the age of the original viewers. AA+

Ozzaharwood
12-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Looks awesome. I didn't watch all of the first series because Aang got on my nerves, but this Avatar looks a lot better. Looking forward to it.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Get out. :<

Ozzaharwood
12-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Are you mad at me or something? If you are, send me a message. Don't go off topic.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-07-2011, 12:08 AM
What I mean is: How can you not like the original series? Seriously, WTF.

Fenn
12-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Looks awesome. I didn't watch all of the first series because Aang got on my nerves, but this Avatar looks a lot better. Looking forward to it.

Fortunately I doubt you'll need to have watched every episode to enjoy this series. They know they'll have new viewers and wouldn't want to alienate them. That being said, I HIGHLY recommend you watch the last season, or, if nothing else, the absolutely phenomenal 4-part ending.

I'm curious, what about Aang bothered you that much?

Ozzaharwood
12-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Oh, lol. Sorry, that sounded a little rude. It's not that I didn't like the original series, it's just that I didn't like Aang as the Avatar. I understand it was originally geared toward kids/teens, so they made a character that was relatable, but he just got on my nerves for some reason.

I don't really know, actually. It was a long time ago since I watched it, so I don't really remember. I was already planning on trying to re-watch some of it soon as well, so don't worry about that. :P

Bacon_Barbarian
12-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Oh, I see. You can stay around. I guess. :P

Fenn
12-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Oh, lol. Sorry, that sounded a little rude. It's not that I didn't like the original series, it's just that I didn't like Aang as the Avatar. I understand it was originally geared toward kids/teens, so they made a character that was relatable, but he just got on my nerves for some reason.

I don't really know, actually. It was a long time ago since I watched it, so I don't really remember. I was already planning on trying to re-watch some of it soon as well, so don't worry about that. :P

I think if you only got through season one, that's understandable.

The Nick channels, for a while, were only repeating late Season 3 episodes. This was great because the plot-driving episodes were epic, and even the "filler" episodes were great for character building and creating suspense for THE FINAL BATTLE.

Later, they replayed a bunch of season 1 episodes, and it's incredible to see how immature Aang was. To the point where I was like, "Did he really act this ignorant and oblivious?" He kinda annoyed me at that point too. But really, Season 1 had a far more whimsical tone to it, so I guess it makes sense.

If you can, I'd suggest watching Season 3. Aang has matured quite a bit by then, so he'll likely be less of a pain.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-07-2011, 12:29 AM
He grew with the viewers. Which is why Korra is 17. :P

jubeh
12-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Aang starting out as a stupid kid is one of the things that makes the story so good. If you like super static characters you will of course hate the show. All the characters are really dynamic.

Fenn
12-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Aang starting out as a stupid kid is one of the things that makes the story so good. If you like super static characters you will of course hate the show. All the characters are really dynamic.

Yeah exactly. It's INCREDIBLE just how much he changes, and how hard it was to notice on a simple episode-by-episode basis (kinda like how real people change). It wasn't until I looked back and thought: Jeez, is he really worried about penguin sledding right now? With all that's going on? Because the first time I saw it, the series had just started and no one realized the magnitude of the situation.

It's kind of a dark, ironic theme now, seeing how much fun he had at the beginning now that I've seen what the rest of the world was going through.

Byakuran
12-07-2011, 02:39 PM
The creators said the old characters are dead, but they will still appear through flashbacks and avatar communication also their kids i guess... So you should watch it Oz, it's p. good when you get into it.

Fenn
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
The creators said the old characters are dead, but they will still appear through flashbacks and avatar communication also their kids i guess... So you should watch it Oz, it's p. good when you get into it.

ALL the old characters? I know Aang has to be gone, but I didn't know everyone else was. Not that it isn't reasonable, since they'd all be 80+, but we've had 100+ characters before.

Sylux
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
ALL the old characters? I know Aang has to be gone, but I didn't know everyone else was. Not that it isn't reasonable, since they'd all be 80+, but we've had 100+ characters before.

They retired and ate themselves to death it says so here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMJPMJ8cR14).

Bacon_Barbarian
12-07-2011, 05:38 PM
We know Katara is alive, and I think it's been stated Toph is as well.

Sylux
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Aang died from a tragic fall off a cliff

Bacon_Barbarian
12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't believe you. :P

Didn't they say that he died (so young) because he spent so much time in the Iceberg?

Sylux
12-07-2011, 06:08 PM
No he died in a hilariously ironic way, made up entirely by the diminished urgency to preserve or liberate the world from excessive boundaries, control, and feudal unthoughtfulness, and his tremendously elite skills to adeptly manipulate all the fundamental spiritual elements of the earth

Bacon_Barbarian
12-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Link-proof? o.O

Sylux
12-07-2011, 06:26 PM
The proof is in the tapioca pudding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaTur4A1OU)

Fenn
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
STOP. ROLLING. ME.

Jk p. funny.

Sylux
12-07-2011, 07:10 PM
I don't always roll, but when I do I make sure the dice are d20 and the YouTube vid is original.

Fenn
12-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Imagine if Aang died in a tragic penguin sledding accident...

Sylux
12-07-2011, 09:07 PM
It is his favorite pastime! Oh, the travesty! OH, THE IRONY!

Fenn
12-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Can we go back to Toph spreading metal bending across the lands after the war? I can't wait to see the metalbending army.

Byakuran
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure but people didn't grow reaaallyyyy old before cuz of diseases then again i dont know how far the world is in avatar is to have anti-dotes and all cuz they p. sophisticated.

I think aang and katara were dead :/ and toph daughter was there but for the rest i dont really know, i read it on the wiki that the old characters(main i think) Will prob not appear in that time. just flashbacks stuff.. JUST READ THE AVATAR WIKI OF IT.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Thing about how old Bumi lived. And I've read interviews. Interviews > The Wiki

Fenn
12-10-2011, 02:49 AM
Thing about how old Bumi lived. And I've read interviews. Interviews > The Wiki

Bumi AND the old monk who helped Aang with his seven Chakra.

Bacon_Barbarian
12-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Oh yeah, Guru Pathik.

Fenn
12-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, Guru Pathik.

That guy. I'd be a really funny troll if they shwed him still alive in the new series.

Sylux
03-14-2012, 10:59 PM
Legend of Korra airs April 14th at 11:00 AM on Nick USA.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Where'd you get that nifty piece of info, Sy?

Sylux
03-15-2012, 07:19 AM
This guy on fb named Corey. You wouldn't know him.

Bacon_Barbarian
03-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh. You're right. I don't. But he sounds like he's super sexy.

I'm still sort of surprised they aren't premiering it in the evening. But whatever.

Sylux
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
Idc I'm just gonna DVR it and rewatch it at night anyways. Gotta memorize every episode. B)

Joosh
03-15-2012, 04:36 PM
I have no TV.... DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM HERE
Sy let me come over that day please.

Sylux
03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Actually that is okay with me if you can hitch a ride. I will make Avatar themed snacks for the occasion.

Joosh
03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Oh man i'm super excited now, I cant even sit still.

Sylux
03-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Ok reply to my text

Byakuran
03-16-2012, 07:30 AM
14... APRIL... OMYGODOMYOMY

Saiyagal85
03-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Awww man! I have a TV, but they don't have Nickelodeon in Kuwait, or at least my cable plan doesn't. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get home in June to see it. Come on summer vacation!

Joosh
03-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Part 1;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxN_UsvbarI

Part 2;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7cS9pq7oDM&feature=channel

Get em while they're fresh or you're screwed to wait till april~

Byakuran
03-18-2012, 11:32 PM
-cries-

Sylux
03-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Josh. We broa. WE BROA CONTSTRICTORS.

Axumite
03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
fml i cant c it i was to late

Byakuran
03-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Sadly i can't link in anime sites where you can watch it on, but there are anime sites where you can watch that episode on >.< /vague

Sylux
03-19-2012, 08:59 PM
U can pm them to her

Bacon_Barbarian
03-19-2012, 10:29 PM
WTF. Why was it claimed by MTV?

Sylux
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Idk maybe it will suck now

AlmanacnamedTime
03-21-2012, 09:16 AM
somehow this came out yesterday?

Bacon_Barbarian
03-27-2012, 09:46 PM
The first two episodes were leaked by the staff over the weekend.

Sylux
03-27-2012, 10:36 PM
Wtfffffff

Byakuran
04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
I watched it a p. long time ago.... I can't say much for the story really awaiting the other episodes.
New Trailers look promising.

And i've had the FANSHIPPING COOTIES. lol, i'm over it now, but damn Korra is so hot *A* (i dont even like Mako that much :/)
I don't know what i had, but yeaaaah.

I'm so excited! I hope they show some stuff in the netherlands soon too! They said its a worldwide release so the dutch version should release on the same time but i can't find much info on it

Bacon_Barbarian
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Korra is ... Not hot. Even by cartoon standards. Katara is my waifu. ;-;

Byakuran
04-11-2012, 03:16 PM
WHAT. Korra is smokin(have you seen her musculine body with boobies? )... Korra is more sexy than katara tbh... Have you seen her as old lady, huhhhuhuhhu!? Katara is aang's wife man.

ClockHand
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I saw the first 2 episodes. Korra is annoying as hell, I understand they are making a strong female character, but her whole personality sucks asses, I would like this kind of self centered personality in a more lame character, but it's really annoying in her because she is the avatar. Typically this kind of personality get changed when clash with reality, but fuck, she is the avatar, she literally bends reality.

And the 2 brothers are so plane characters, they look like something you would see as a typo character with no real role on the story. And the deal is that this is not even making a comparison with the character of the previews avatar, because when you do, you can see a step back on the quality of the characters personality. Now this can be because it's not planed to be a long serie, so making elaborated characters would challenge the deadline of the serie; it also can be that the characters might go deep in further episodes, but really, their first appearance is nothing like when you first met Soka, Katara, Aang and Zuko.

I like that the city looks like something in the 30's and there are cars now, I also like that there is a movement against benders. Still, characters at the moment are very weak and they don't really drive me to keep watching (still I will do, with hope to eat my words and find the serie become better than what it is now).

Bacon_Barbarian
04-17-2012, 07:32 PM
You mean the 20s, man. Also her personality is great, "I'm the Avatar and you've go to deal with it!"

ClockHand
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Kinda annoying when she is the Avatar, and everyone have to deal with her personality.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-17-2012, 08:08 PM
I guess, but honestly she could be flaunting it more. She hasn't used it to try and get free stuff yet and Aang did that a lot.

AlmanacnamedTime
04-17-2012, 08:12 PM
I think they were going for a more natural life thing. Which could end up completely horrible, or good. hopefully good.

Mr_Liebe
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
It's a shame that Sokka is dead in the new series.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-18-2012, 01:54 AM
No it isn't. We don't want a Xerox generation going on.

Sylux
04-18-2012, 07:03 AM
No it isn't. We don't want a Xerox generation going on.

this

Bacon_Barbarian
04-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Although, admittedly if we don't get one instance of Katara being a badass bender I will be disappointed.

ClockHand
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
You are not going to have it. As its said, she will only have one apperance, which mean that it has been already used and it doesn't happen.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
When did they say that?

ClockHand
04-18-2012, 08:12 PM
dunno, I read it somewhere in a forum about the serie

Bacon_Barbarian
04-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Well ... That doesn't mean much, but OK. I didn't have high hopes for it happening anyway.

Byakuran
04-22-2012, 07:20 PM
SPOILERS AHEAD KINDA.

I saw the first 2 episodes. Korra is annoying as hell, I understand they are making a strong female character, but her whole personality sucks asses, I would like this kind of self centered personality in a more lame character, but it's really annoying in her because she is the avatar. Typically this kind of personality get changed when clash with reality, but fuck, she is the avatar, she literally bends reality.

And the 2 brothers are so plane characters, they look like something you would see as a typo character with no real role on the story. And the deal is that this is not even making a comparison with the character of the previews avatar, because when you do, you can see a step back on the quality of the characters personality. Now this can be because it's not planed to be a long serie, so making elaborated characters would challenge the deadline of the serie; it also can be that the characters might go deep in further episodes, but really, their first appearance is nothing like when you first met Soka, Katara, Aang and Zuko.

I like that the city looks like something in the 30's and there are cars now, I also like that there is a movement against benders. Still, characters at the moment are very weak and they don't really drive me to keep watching (still I will do, with hope to eat my words and find the serie become better than what it is now).

TBH, Korra was always raised in isolation, so she doesnt know much of the " world ", i think they are going to further develope her personailty as well, i mean her personality is probably one of the reasons she can't connect with the spirit world, and as a avatar she will have to change that, since when can a avatar bend reality, she is meant to CHANGE, however i think she will have to change :l ... So i don't really see the big problem here... But she definitly needs to become a bit smarter, but no one is perfect and the avatar is human for a reason as well (recalls episode where aang was thaught that)

And true dat on the story thing/first appearance , i heard this serie will only have 26 episodes while ATLA had 62... BUT a lot can still happen in 26 episodes, and maybe MAYBE more, since they havent started book 2 yet? (i read this somewhere) ALSO i've heard that there will be an animation coming of the promise but im not really sure... The promise is AFTER the ATLA ending, but what i didnt get is why they didnt air that now, but my sister said it was that the idea of korra was supposed to come when ATLA was still ongoing, and they didnt know how many die-hard fans would come and wonder what would happen or something, but like i said I'M NOT SURE.

Just watched episode 3, a lot of stuff going down every episode, a bit too fast actually... But it looks promising!
And i was really hyped, when i was watching it the 25 minutes seemed like 5 minutes xD..

Also i'm a bit scared of the whole romance thing, not that there wasn't romance in ATLA, but i hope they don't thicken it too much because ATLA was more than just romance, so i'm hoping this too... (the fangirls are scary, very scary about the romance D: ) I blame the trailer with the kiss!

Sylux
04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
TTGL was 26 episodes and some real shit happened in it.

Bacon_Barbarian
04-22-2012, 07:33 PM
In Avatar they were pre to early teens. They're 17 now. I think we'll have a bit more romance going on.

Byakuran
04-22-2012, 08:10 PM
oh yeah... i ALMOST forgot that..But still i'd like not tooooo muuuuuccch, if you know what im saying. I like romance but i want it to develope casually or something man, i just want to enjoy the show thats all, and i think i will.
i like korra's voice but it sound so mature sometimes i dunno...

Also Samurai Champloo was 26, although the ending was niffy, hey FLCL was 6 episode...
Back to LoK, SCARY FANGIRLS ;A;

Sylux
04-22-2012, 08:14 PM
FLCL was 6 episodes wtf are you talking about. Additionally, the guy who played Mugen (and Leeron) plays Amon.

Byakuran
04-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Oh yeah sorry >__<,, I confused it with something else... ANYWAYS...

Amon got me to get goosbumps and a shiver of my spine so, awesome.

EDIT: aaaah guys have you seen episode 4 it got leaked? (i wish i could watch korra on nick, i guess ill just have to wait then its in the netherlands but i'd watch it again anyways) You know i liked Makorra, a little too much, i was kinda sad when the whole mako and asami thing got leaked, i'm not mad like some of the makorra fans haha, i mean its cool i just need to wait where this show is going. OHWELL ; __ ;

Sylux
04-28-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm not even interested in the romance, Bya. I'm looking forward to some more bender-chi blocker brawls like in ep. 3

Byakuran
04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah, romance isn't all in avatar >__>.

I want spirit aang, i want to see the spirit world!

Sylux
04-28-2012, 07:04 PM
U prolly will

Byakuran
04-28-2012, 07:21 PM
I just need patience... waiting is p. hard.

Sylux
04-28-2012, 08:41 PM
I have to wait till tomorrow to see episode 4. I could have watched it at 2:00 on Nick 2, but fuck that I want HD not SD

Bacon_Barbarian
04-28-2012, 08:53 PM
How you planning to watch it in HD?

Sylux
04-28-2012, 10:26 PM
It comes on On Demand in HD. Also, Nick HD is a channel.

Byakuran
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heES6COPoTAOMYYYY GOOOODD I love korra more, the way she did that the music ommyyy

Hamachi
05-05-2012, 11:01 PM
So I finally had enough time to watch the first episode. Didn't remember how much I liked the series until I began squeaking and jumping up and down like a 5-yr-old just from the first 20 seconds.

ClockHand
05-10-2012, 01:37 AM
http://chzheroes.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/superheroes-batman-superman-who-doesnt-have-this-origin-story.jpg

jaidurn
05-10-2012, 01:52 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3kpcsJcRw1qceiz6o2_500.gif

Byakuran
05-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Kindaaaa nswf-semi-joke
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24000000/korra-mako-and-bolin-avatar-the-last-airbender-24012976-824-969.jpg

Btttw has anyone seen the new little clip releases of episode 6?
I did.

jaidurn
05-14-2012, 09:10 AM
Man episode 6 was intense. @_@

Byakuran
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I feel like there's a lot of nothing in the episode and in the last 5 minutes BAM.

I feel like Korra was being p. unresponsible so was Bei Fong, i think it would have been better not to hold the compition. It's not that they should amon do what he want, but he had a plan and it all felt like a trap. It's good that amon doesn't really KILL them, but taking bending away is pretty extreme, like Tahno said bending is his life :l ... I do think the episode showed us that chi-blocker revolution just started and that Bei Fong and Korra will have some bonding time. But other than that i'm always comparing the shows? Something still feels a bit missing, like i'm not connected to the characters :l ... hmmm Also i believe Amon can't take the bending away like aang did, but he BLOCKS the bending (not just a chii point, or maybe the most important chi point that can't be restored even if you leave it for a while) And that Korra should find herself a Guru, people said that korra may have a difficult Time because of Aangs chakra point was blocked... but i don't think so. After the episode with amon and she cried we haven't seen anything of her spiritual side anymore, it feels like she hasn't learned anything at all... OHWELL i miss the Gaang.

jaidurn
05-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Yeah, it's p. intense.

But yeah, I agree with the point that Amon isn't fully energy bending. I mean, Aang lit up like a beacon when he did it. It also took a longer time than what Amon's doing. It totally doesn't make sense.

Also, I think that Korra needs to learn some of the minor bending if she can. (Which she should be able to as she's the avatar, but I dunno)
That'd have helped her if she could redirect the lightning like Zuko and Zuko's Uncle could.

Byakuran
05-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Hmm

I agree she has to learn to Metalbend, Bloodbend, Lightingbend... BUT Aang didn't learn all sub-bendings, i've never seen him bloodbend tbh, or lighting BEND (not talking about redirection Or i dont remember him doing it), or combustion. I think the lighting isn't really something you can redirect, i mean Mako should've been able to, but they get shoked which is i think a BIT different than lighting, not sure tbh.
It's like the " lighting " is coming from more than one point to redirect it and it happens REALLY fast?

I think korra needs to GET HER SPIRITUAL ASS UP D:<, Learn something about chi and chakra stuffff. Maybe they should wear metal and plastic on top of the Metal suites.

jaidurn
05-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Eh.

Yeah, because Aang didn't do it I'm not sure if the Avatar actually can do it. :\ But if anything Korra should be able to Bloodbend seeing as she's from the Water tribe just as an origin. Mako probably hasn't learned about lightning redirection because he hasn't needed to/hasn't had the chance. Even though it may be hitting multiple spots, I'm sure that Mako could at least learn to focus it and make his fingers like lightning rods.

Also, yeah. Korra really needs to focus on the spiritual side of her training. Aang was always good at that because that was his lifestyle. I think that Korra's attitude towards it is what's keeping her from being able to reach the spirit world. She's pretty lazy.

The plastic over the metal wouldn't help, seeing that they need to allow holes for the metal to come through. Bei Fong doesn't even wear a helmet so how's that supposed to protect her?

AlmanacnamedTime
05-14-2012, 03:21 PM
huh
katara didnt like bloodbending, and she was the only one other then that crazy woman who could, i dont think shed teach korra.
mtealbending, she needs. I agree she needs the spiritual stuff. like now. i want to see spirit aang!

Byakuran
05-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Eh.

Yeah, because Aang didn't do it I'm not sure if the Avatar actually can do it. :\ But if anything Korra should be able to Bloodbend seeing as she's from the Water tribe just as an origin. Mako probably hasn't learned about lightning redirection because he hasn't needed to/hasn't had the chance. Even though it may be hitting multiple spots, I'm sure that Mako could at least learn to focus it and make his fingers like lightning rods.

Also, yeah. Korra really needs to focus on the spiritual side of her training. Aang was always good at that because that was his lifestyle. I think that Korra's attitude towards it is what's keeping her from being able to reach the spirit world. She's pretty lazy.

The plastic over the metal wouldn't help, seeing that they need to allow holes for the metal to come through. Bei Fong doesn't even wear a helmet so how's that supposed to protect her?

Hmmm yeah, i agree with most.
i think a plastic full suit is also not very handy lawl.

Sylux
05-15-2012, 06:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/FeQCm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sJ7Et.gif

Byakuran
05-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Right, momo. xD.

ANYWAYS GUYS SEEN Episode 7 clip?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtXfaz-vPw Is it me or are the Sato's a bit fishy, i think that Asami AND Hiroshi are financing Amon, and helping, sure it's kinda cliche. But yeaaaaaah.. Also Tahno :( although he was a dick, i still like his voice..

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 12:50 AM
So, 4chan made some sort of program or something to determine bust size of cartoons. Korra's a 32 D. Thought y'all should know.

Son44
05-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Wow, Bacon! Now I can finally sleep at night!

Anyway:
I've only watched the first episode. I like it so far, but it feels very fasts paced, almost too fast, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 12:30 PM
The more you know. GI Joe.

And I had the same feeling with the first episode. The pacing gets better.

Byakuran
05-18-2012, 01:30 PM
So, 4chan made some sort of program or something to determine bust size of cartoons. Korra's a 32 D. Thought y'all should know.

I thought she would bigger, but thats p. cool.

But the big breast don't make a big woman, as in she still has a crappy personality

ClockHand
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
quoting me?

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 03:59 PM
That was always distracting to me. Like. He body is just a little too idealistic to me (even though they tried to make it "nonstandard"by making her muscular—EVEN MORE REASON TO HAVE NO BOOBS).

And it's always bothered me that the Water Tribe culture is based on Alaska Native culture, because LOL SO INACCURATE WHAT THE. WHY DO YOU LIVE IN IGLOOS.

Sylux
05-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Because it's a children's show? For children? Rated TV-Y7?

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 04:19 PM
They still could've made an attempt not to excaberate a stereotype, I know it was the South Pole, but surely they might've had some homes made of wood, or whatever.

Sylux
05-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Where the fuck are they going to get wood at the south pole

ClockHand
05-18-2012, 07:14 PM
They made houses of seal skin. Also, I don't see why are they reinforcing stereotypes, there is no water tribe on the real world.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 07:15 PM
* subterranean houses, actually

And what wood the Inuit do use is driftwood. I like the North Water Tribe worldbuilding better because at least they have like a flippin' snow kingdom, whereas the designers for the South Pole were like "lol Alaska Native lol igloos lol."

Clock: The creators of the show said that both water tribes were inspired by Inuits/Inupiaq.

ClockHand
05-18-2012, 07:17 PM
"Lol they control water, Lol." Again, if you think about it, if you can control water/snow, then making igloos is not that crazy.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Sure, but it's a whole heck of a lot less intuitive than making a snow house. And if they control water, then how come they still bothered to make the brick pattern of an igloo?

But that's not really the point. The point is that the stereotype of native culture in that show is a wee bit icky.

Sylux
05-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Why the fuck are we arguing about a goddamn children's show

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Because we have too much time on our hands?

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 07:36 PM
/shrug
Didn't know it was an argument. I like the show a lot.

ClockHand
05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
If we should discuss something, it should be about Shyamalan adaptation.

Sylux
05-18-2012, 07:48 PM
We do not speak of that.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 07:56 PM
I kind've liked it, sure they could've done better, but it's not the worst film adaptation to a tv show.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 08:13 PM
That movie
Was bad.
Real bad.

But my dad fanboyed about it. XD He didn't even know that the movie was based on a tv show.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Could you explain what you found bad about it?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 09:15 PM
The everything. Seriously.

They "fixed" the pronunciation of the names so they would be more realistic. They made of the frelling names, how they're spoken in the cartoon is how they're suppose to be spoken. YOU DON'T FUCKING CHANGE THEM. Who the fuck is Avatar Ong.

The sad part is that M. was actually a fan of the show. Allegedly, anyway.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-18-2012, 09:24 PM
The everything. Seriously.

They "fixed" the pronunciation of the names so they would be more realistic. They made of the frelling names, how they're spoken in the cartoon is how they're suppose to be spoken. YOU DON'T FUCKING CHANGE THEM. Who the fuck is Avatar Ong.

The sad part is that M. was actually a fan of the show. Allegedly, anyway.

to add to what bacon said, the bending scenes suck. you can just punch them out before they get through the bending. and then all the people with swords are fighting like their in Dune or something.

ClockHand
05-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Being a fan doesn't make you better for the job. Just look all the comments from fans.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 09:29 PM
What's your opinion on the casting controversy?

Snooderflubbyguppy
05-18-2012, 09:33 PM
One thing (of the many things that bugged me about the movie) is that Zuko was tan, and really people! You could hardly see his scar, he has pale skin!!! Pale skin used to mean royalty! i walked out after about half the movie, i just could'nt stand it! Thank god i didnt pay to see it at the movies, i would want a mager refund of time and money.
But i think Korra (herself) is really funny. i kinda hope she and Mako dont end up together. is that weird?

ClockHand
05-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Are you saying "tan" to not say Hindu and not sound racist by saying that or something?

Snooderflubbyguppy
05-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorta, ya, pritty much........why?

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 10:00 PM
I think they would've complained no matter how the casting was. I don't see how this is such a big deal, it's not like when Sarah Silverman said that one slur on live TV. It's confusing.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 10:02 PM
... ... ... *head-desk*

The casting controversy isn't that Zuko was portrayed by an Asian man (Indian's are Asian), the controversy is that no one else way.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Maybe the asian actors who auditioned weren't very good.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Or more likely they didn't hear any.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Possible that many just didn't want to audition for fear of being typecast.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Oh, no. I bet plenty auditioned. They (directors and such) just probably didn't give a fuck.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 10:20 PM
So you're thinking the casting overseer was racist, or something?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 10:33 PM
That's been the general idea around most places, yeah.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 10:48 PM
I really doubt it.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 10:50 PM
What country do you live in?

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Why does that matter in this discussion?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Because you're damn blind if you live in the US and you think that wouldn't be true.

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Nah, I just don't want to jump to the conclusion that the guys automatically racist because he didn't automatically cast all asians in a martial arts movie based on a show inspired by asian ideologies.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 11:09 PM
He basically didn't hire any. Not even for extras and stuff.

Celestial-Fox
05-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Lol, no, there were a ton of Asians in that film. The entire Fire Nation was from India. XD

Aside from the whitewashed cast, I didn't like the movie, because it was extremely plot-driven and barely character-driven, which is really unlike season 1 of the show. The characters we really flat with no development and the worldbuilding was... eh, less than compelling.

And why is Aang so dang serious the whole time?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-18-2012, 11:56 PM
>.>

So a bit off in that respect. Still the main cast was whitewashed. They also filmed a Kyoshi Island scene and cut it. Or something. :/

Mr_Liebe
05-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Ah damn.... Suki's one of my fave characters, too.

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2012, 12:06 AM
I know, Suki is awesome. D:

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Lol, I love the scene when Sokka sees the Kyoshi warrior in their dojo ((Or whatever)) and laughs at their 'Dancing', and opts to show them some real 'moves', then he gets owned, ha ha ha. I wonder what their style was based on, a mix of Judo and Aikido?

Sylux
05-19-2012, 12:33 AM
Yeaaaah Fire Nation's not India. If anything, it's Japan.

Mr_Liebe
05-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Great shame about Mako, I loved him as Splinter.

jaidurn
05-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Honestly, I think that the Air Nomads would be Indian and the Earth nation African. Water tribes are obv white.

ClockHand
05-19-2012, 01:41 AM
What the hell with all you guys? everyone are Asians in that world.

Celestial-Fox
05-19-2012, 02:25 AM
It's anime, so the Asianness quotient of the characters is debatable.

Earth Nation actually reminds me of the Eurasian border, like Turkey.

ClockHand
05-19-2012, 03:00 AM
Dunno, for my everyone of them are Asians. Fire Nation Japanese with some Hindu architecture (in the most ancient parts), Earth Nation Chinese (Ba Sing Se is very evident), Water Tribes would be Inuits and Air Nomads (weird being a nomad with places to live) are very tibetan. Of course I'm doing this assumption under their architect distinctions. I would challenge the idea of Earth Nation look like Eurasian borders, specially because their architecture is nothing like that, where in Eurasian borders you have a lot of use of Lintel and use of iron and steel for designs in windows (which come from Arabic traditions) for the common building, while the political or ceremonial buildings use Vault in their sealing, towers and the whole structure have a semblance to Byzantine architecture.

Now giving an example why I believe Ba Sin Se looks more like a classic Chinese architecture, well I will just let this picture:
http://www.chinaonyourmind.com/images/dian.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/avatar/es/images/f/fb/Sector_alto.png
They use the same bilateral symmetry characteristic of ancient Chinese architecture, enclosure of important spaces (or even social spaces for a elite) and its completely hierarchical, in the sense as you can see, the development of spaces frame the social classes and political importance.

I believe, the most easy to argue about its the Fire Nation, it seems Japanese, Chinese and at the same time none of them, and this is not because is not based in one of those, but the fact that it has been extended and dramatized.

Edit:
Re-thinking about the fire nation, they are most likely to be based on Mongolian architecture.

Sylux
05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uX8IH.gif

Mr_Liebe
05-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Lol, Wimp Lo.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Avatar is not anime. It's anime-esque. Or OEL anime.

Sylux
05-20-2012, 12:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6VEzm.jpg

jaidurn
05-21-2012, 12:05 AM
HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT BYA. HOW DOES IT FEEEEEEEEEEEEL

Byakuran
05-21-2012, 10:36 AM
Hahaha tbh, it sucks... The show is sooo predictable now, i'm really dissapointed.
Ep. 7 was one of the lamest episodes ever.

ALSO
Wasn't the Earth Kingdom based on China, Fire Kingdom on Japan, Air nomads on like buddhist monks? and Water Tribe on Inuits...
(just like what clock said lmao XD)

Ofcourse not everything is like the same.. and lol at those igloooos. It's oke SF maybe one day, they will get like HOUSES. Maybe its just easier to make igloos for them since they just go like " waterbennndd " i don't know xD

I hated the movie, they ruined everything. EVERYTHING.

(and yes clock i was xD)

Celestial-Fox
05-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Culturally those are the tribe bases, but I'm talking about actual race. The race of the characters is ambiguous because everyone looks homogenized except for the Water Tribe—which look nothing like Inuit (perhaps racist? /shrug). That makes me inclined to say that the races of each of the kingdoms don't match up with their real world cultural equivalents.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Bya you must be psychic because I have no clue what's gonna happen next.

Sylux
05-21-2012, 08:30 PM
I fucking love Clerks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bjzUTZNd-PM

AlmanacnamedTime
05-21-2012, 08:35 PM
im not liking aatar right now.

ClockHand
05-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Culturally those are the tribe bases, but I'm talking about actual race. The race of the characters is ambiguous because everyone looks homogenized except for the Water Tribe—which look nothing like Inuit (perhaps racist? /shrug). That makes me inclined to say that the races of each of the kingdoms don't match up with their real world cultural equivalents.

I feel unable to do any racial assumption if is not through material references. The thing is that, as those are drawings, they are just simplifications of the reality, or abstractions of it, which make us impossible to assume any kind of racial affirmation about them just be looking the physical features. While in contra-position, we can do racial, and in this case is better so say, cultural assumption according to material references as architecture, cloth, places or even non-material references like tradition on tea, and dance. By saying this, making a racial assumption under the cultural references displayed wouldn't be wrong, because the use of those culture's materiality, is the only tangible evidence we have that, even so it has been selected, it's still resemblance a cultural and racial ideal in our heads.

Also, yeah, its quiet racist the deal with the Inuits, but to be fair, the whole world is quiet racist.

And finally, yeah, this avatar has been sucking dicks quite hard.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-21-2012, 09:09 PM
if geting your dick sucked feels so good, why do people use it like it's bad?

ClockHand
05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
Maybe because they feel like they are sucking the dick?

AlmanacnamedTime
05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
but we're not, they are.

Psy
05-21-2012, 09:52 PM
if geting your dick sucked feels so good, why do people use it like it's bad?

Because sucking dick is associated with being one of the two lowest forms of life, a woman or a gay man. Both are often considered less than human and anything they do is thought of as bad.

AlmanacnamedTime
05-21-2012, 09:56 PM
i think your mixed up there psy. the 2 lowest forms of life are bullies and know-it-alls. women and gays and men and lesbians are all tied for first as far as im concerned.

Sylux
05-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Okay that may be true in your mind but this is reality, society doesn't like women or gays

AlmanacnamedTime
05-21-2012, 10:10 PM
lets form our own society then.

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 12:03 AM
lets form our own society then.

Equalist.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-22-2012, 12:45 AM
I still think this show tits.

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
Are you going to think that outside the law.

JAJAJA... that phrase was awful. But well, everything has been pretty bad lately.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
What makes you say so?

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 01:06 AM
What make me say what?

Bacon_Barbarian
05-22-2012, 02:20 AM
That it's been bad lately.

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 02:24 AM
oh its a long subject and I would have to rewrite everything I already discussed with Bya. Short story, the show has been going in a waterfall of cliches and rushing the story in some aspects while giving longer phase in less important aspects, specially less important as they have failed to create a empathic bridge between Korra and the audience. This is being reflected by the fact that Amon is way more interesting as Korra, even so we know almost nothing about Amon and he is way less under the spotlight as Korra.

The argument is long and there are plenty of points in why this "story of avatar" is being in downfall from the beginning.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Aang wasn't really interesting or really someone people could empathize with by episode 7 either, and having an engaging villain is crucial to having an engaging story.

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 02:49 AM
Aang: lost his people, considered the last air bender (without him the cycle is broken), he is a kid, infantile, have to stop a war and more.

Korra: She is a teenager, she can't connect to the spirit world or the other avatars, problems in air bending.

Tell me, which one of these two avatars have problems that create more empathy? and Which of them has better layers in its personality? And also, you are saying "he doesn't become interesting until episode 7", even if he becomes interesting until episode 10, the rate is way better as in that moment we are still in the introduction, we are still understanding the characters and the world, and we have 61 episodes, getting to meet and understand a character in episode 7 of 61 is pretty good, its a pretty solid moment to go in depth in a character. While with Korra we have 10 episodes (?), we haven't got a reason to care about her (she is basically presented as the avatar and that's the whole reason we should care), she have no posture against Amon (Amon have an idea, equality, while Korra fight him because "is right", while we don't know why is that right, why is Amon wrong? and even if we can disagree with the violence with which he acts, as his idea is still not proven wrong, we can still empathies with the idea more than what Korra present us), and the whole main story is being constantly driven by the conflict and not the decision of the characters, and even when it's driven by characters decisions, it's made in a very bad quality like Korra listening a conversation of the owner of the car company, talking with Amon(?). In a nutshell, the only thing that support the serie right now are the fans, because the quality of the serie has dropped a lot.

Celestial-Fox
05-22-2012, 04:20 AM
Aang wasn't really interesting or really someone people could empathize with by episode 7 either, and having an engaging villain is crucial to having an engaging story.

Just gonna go to say that Zuko was one of the best villains of all time.

ClockHand
05-22-2012, 04:27 AM
But why did we liked Zuko that much? Because we could empathy's with him, we knew about his relationship with his father, and how that become the reason for him to being a villain. Zuko was good and interesting for us, because we understood him and we could feel related in some level with him.

Prove enough that empathy is important and in this serie of Avatar hasn't been taken seriously.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-22-2012, 09:45 AM
As of episode 7, Aang was nothing close to a layered character, though he was more pitiable. And we've got 20+ for Korra, by the by. Anyway, not quite sure what you mean by posture, but I think I get yah. And the thing is that she does. You're right in part that we're suppose to care about Korra mainly because the avatar, but we're also suppose to care as both her and Amon's actions have pretty large consequences for the world they live in.

Amon quite obviously has some Hitler-esque themes going into him, wanting to cleanse benders of there abilities as it were, were it not a kid's show he'd probably be into genocide, not really sure how the idea of breaking people can be viewed as anything but evil. There's also some pretty good character development going on. For example, when Korra cries at the end of the episode where she was ambushed and Lin deciding to go help Korra and quit the policeforce instead of going after Amon herself. If anything this is more character driven then the first season of A:TLA. Pretty much all of episode 5 was character building.

jaidurn
05-22-2012, 11:23 AM
The three reasons I'm still watching Legend of Korra are:
1. The animation. I love it.

2. Brolin. Enough said.

3. I'm hopping it will get better just out of respect for the original show.

Celestial-Fox
05-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I just don't like TLoK as much as AtLA because the pace is wildly fast, and the characterization obviously took a hit in that department. That's all due to the fact that TLoK is a miniseries, though, so I can't really complain about it too much. But yeah, I liked AtLA because every single villain was worthy of my understanding and sympathy. I'm waiting for something like that to happen to Amon's characterization
Other than him taking a firebender to the parents, because LOL THAT TROPE IS GETTING OLD. (I wanna see a genocidal water or earthbender. XD )

jaidurn
05-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Why not a:

GENOCIDAL AIR BENDR

Psy
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
I like the show honestly but I do see a problem with korra. Shes pretty selfish. Shes had things handed to her her entire life and people taking care of her so there is this sense of entitlement to her. She is a teenager so thats to be expected and Ang went thru some "Im the avatar so you should be impressed" kinda moments but Korra is almost milking it. They really should have played up the caged bird part of her (you know. She has everything she could want and all these people there for her but she is still almost a slave to being the avatar and her training never getting to see the real world) for more fan support. Instead it was like "Y u no let me have fun?! I H8 it here! IMA RUN AWAY YOU CANT STOP ME!!! teen angst!'. She even said she has just always had people that took care of her, so shes never worked for anything and still feels like she has the short end of the stick. Maybe that will all play into how she grows as a person and the avatar but for now shes a bit of a spoiled brat.

Mr_Liebe
05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
I started disliking Korra at around.... maybe episode 1 or 2, when she comes across an anti-bending rally, and instead of trying to understand their stance, and how they feel about the attitudes of the majority of the benders have towards them, she basically says "You're stupid, bending is awesome, I really want to knock you down for expressing your beliefs. Hopefully, as the show goes on, she matures, and begins to learn the views of not just benders, but also non benders.

Psy
05-30-2012, 12:11 AM
My theory on who Amon is.

I think it's tarlock (sp?). I think the whole fire bender killed my family thing is a lie. I think he is taking away bending but he's doing it by using chi blocking plus water bending to some how super block the chi flow of benders. He wants to be the only bender in the world because that would possibly make him the strongest person in the world. Some holes to be filled but it's what I came up with.

Edit to add to this.
So you know where I came up with this I was thinking that we all know that it's possible to heal a person from a chi blocking as well as control a person using blood bending so why isint it possible to make a chi blocking worse using bending? It seems possible since we are mostly water and if chi or pressure points can be affectedby water bending healers it should be possible to do in a combo.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-30-2012, 02:43 AM
His skin tone totally doesn't match.
I'm hoping it's not actually somebody we know.

Celestial-Fox
05-30-2012, 02:44 AM
I started disliking Korra at around.... maybe episode 1 or 2, when she comes across an anti-bending rally, and instead of trying to understand their stance, and how they feel about the attitudes of the majority of the benders have towards them, she basically says "You're stupid, bending is awesome, I really want to knock you down for expressing your beliefs. Hopefully, as the show goes on, she matures, and begins to learn the views of not just benders, but also non benders.
I'm fairly certain that this is the entire premise of the show.

Bacon_Barbarian
05-30-2012, 02:48 AM
lol. Seef's right on. And, I mean, the Equalists are basically Nazis. They shouldn't be heard.

Celestial-Fox
05-30-2012, 03:28 AM
I see their point with class disparity (OCCUPY REPUBLIC CITY), but it's just a baaad way of going about it. XD

erikamae
05-30-2012, 05:58 AM
I really enjoy Korra.
At first, I avoided it with the mind set of, "OH THE ORIGINAL WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER GTFO KORRA U SUXX", but be it nostalgia or a need to
distract myself from homework, I went ahead and watched the first six episodes....in one morning. It was a great morning.
c: Chief Bo Lin and Tenzin are my favesssss as of now.

ClockHand
05-30-2012, 08:41 AM
lol. Seef's right on. And, I mean, the Equalists are basically Nazis. They shouldn't be heard.

The thing is that they do have an idea and a belief that goes beyond "that's cool". And not because they are Nazis they shouldn't be listened, there is obviously a problem; and such problem is the reason of their behavior. Meanwhile Korra's argument is "bending is cool".

There are 2 episodes more, I believe, in which it has to be proven that Korra can be more than what she is right now, which at the moment is quiet sad.

Celestial-Fox
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
WAIT. ONLY TWO MORE EPISODES.

Ahaha, if this is true, then the pacing of this show is awwwful.

Sylux
05-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Yeah and I payed thirty bucks for just one season on itunes

Bacon_Barbarian
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
There's more than that. It's at least 4. And I'm p. sure even more than that.

ClockHand
05-30-2012, 08:47 PM
No, actually only 3 according to IMDB.

jaidurn
05-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Don't trust everything you see clock. Maybe that's all that has been added so far.

I heard that the season was originally just 16 episodes but they were asked to extend it and that's why the pacing is so bad.