PDA

View Full Version : tell me your worst nightmare

ram
07-18-2011, 06:36 AM
this could be an interesting topic.

i never had a very big nightmare before or something that would make me remember it for life, so it might be interesting to put a thread like this right here.

Rio
07-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I've never had a worse nightmare. I mean, I dreamt of zombies, monsters, being naked around people and all that stuff but I thought it was kind of funny and interesting. What I hate though is when you wake up but your body is still in sleep-mode and you can't move. Annoying as heck.

Slurpee
07-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I had 2 dreams in the same night. Both about zombies attaking. In the second one I had a kid O_O We were at the supermarket and I was beating up zombies. Wieeerdddd

Delphinus
07-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Watermelon, a House with shifting architecture, repeated deaths (you can die in a dream; I died over a hundred times) and the inability to escape from a nightmare make for an interesting night's viewing...

BozeSG
07-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Well, the only time i woke up screaming in my life dates back to when i was 7(or maybe 8), that was when i had seen the first scary movie of my life (The Ring), i don't remember what the original dream was, i think it had something to do with some kind of iron bloody wall and people with their eyes taken out and it had something to do with fire as well (typical fun dream right now).
anyway, it was a long dream and at the end i woke up in sweats, my brother came from his room to see what happened, i told him that i only had a nightmare (i was shaking in fear) and he told me how idiotic he thinks i am and i should shut up and go to sleep and then he hit me in the knee, i said "ouch! okay i will after i get a glass of water" and then he he said "okay then, i'll go get some sleep". i was following him out of my room when i suddenly noticed that he isn't in front of me anymore... i slightly looked to my left, and then, i saw him get transparent and go straight through the wall... that's when i woke up with a scream, well, my scream wasn't loud enough to wake everyone up, but i definitely didn't go to get any glasses of water that night...

Slurpee
07-18-2011, 05:36 PM
So cool! A dream within a dream! I heard you dream 3 times in a night but don't remember all of them.

Aether
07-18-2011, 06:50 PM
When I was 8 I had a recurring nightmare of my family being slowly decapitated in front of me.

Delphinus
07-18-2011, 06:57 PM
^ When I was 8 I had a recurring nightmare of crushing the skulls of my family... still not as bad as the one above, which was eldritch.

violin
07-18-2011, 10:36 PM
When I was a kid up until about 11-12 years old. I had that repeating nightmare. My father was very sick and there was something wrong with his head (it looked separated in two halves). And he was smiling at me like everything is fine. I was really scared and hopeless.

Unfortunatelly 4 years ago my father got a brain cancer. He probably knew they would not be able to help him but he was always smiling and didn't showed his real fealings. He passed away, god bless him.

I guess I was kind-a prepared emotionaly by this nightmare.
They say that dreams/nightmares are like a virtual environment for the body to test and train for the worst case scenario. It makes some sence given the fact that my father had a high blood presure and I remember he was often having headaches. That may also explain why kids have nightmares after watching a scary movie. Most probably because the body/mind haven't realised it's a science fiction so it tries to prepare itself by dreaming about such stuffs.

indescribable
07-18-2011, 11:05 PM
@Slurpee: It's possible to dream more or less than three times a night, it just depends on your REM cycles. It's also supposed to be easiest to remember your dreams when you wake up in the middle of a REM state, like from a nightmare.

A while back there was a year during which I spent almost every night dreaming about being swarmed by wasps and bees and the like. Not my most terrifying or heart-wrenching dream ever, but it was enough so that I was often afraid to sleep at night. |:

The cool thing is, I apparently found this so traumatizing that I've only had about two nightmares since (that I can remember), both of which were about bugs. Apparently the other stuff just doesn't really phase me anymore, lol.

ram
07-19-2011, 04:20 AM
There was this time not really long ago that i had this nightmare that some people killed me.

After that they place my brain into some kind of ball capsule that is really small just fit for my brain with nothing but red water on it.
I have conscious and i can see everything with only me in just a capsule.

After that they made some clones of my brain and put it into a red capsule just like my self and put them all together with me, it was a whole big place like a concert hall with only red capsules everywhere with my clones and i can hear them all screaming with me!

That was probably the most creepiest nightmare i ever dreamt and it's not even comparable to any scary story that i see on TV, I really don't know what i watched before having this nightmare but I think i got it from playing metroid prime 3 on wii when the time samus was talking to a big brain,

bambi
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't have scary dreams anymore, but when I was younger I had a lot of dreams about people breaking into my house and trying to murder me. Nothing too crazy though. However, because of these nightmares I now have a fear of windows at night.

Hell_Baron
07-19-2011, 07:21 PM
out of all the phobias i've heard of, that one has to be the most unimagineable

BlueExorcist
07-19-2011, 08:05 PM
I had a dream/nightmare that i was being chased through the forest by... ... a monster. The dream itself isn't important, only the fact that in the dream i got cut by a branch, i woke up to find myself in the hallway with a cooking knife in my hand... weird... 0.0

Slurpee
07-19-2011, 10:07 PM
sleepwalking too wow.
my brother talks in his sleep, but only when he's arguing with someone.

bambi
07-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm not the only person I know who's afraid of windows at night actually. It's not so weird!

GunZet
07-19-2011, 10:52 PM
When younger, I had a recurring dream where I lived in a tree with my bro.
I cut his hair off when he was younger for lulz, guess it bothered me a lot because in the dream I had these razors, and whatever limb I touched of his would slowly turn gold and fall off...that haunted me for years.

Another more recent one that disturbed me a lot had to do with my dad. It was in a dark room with if I remember right, a burning pentagram on the floor in front of me. I was chained to a wall. My dad comes outta nowhere and starts hacking me to pieces with this blade, that's all I remember.

Think I told that one before but gawd I freaked out.

bambi
07-19-2011, 11:00 PM
So violent... O.o

Aether
07-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I had one for several weeks before my 8th birthday where I really wanted toucans for my birthday, so my mum got 4 for me. She hid them in a cupboard for some reason and when I opened it, they flew out and pecked and gouged the eyes out of my family. Then they were all lying on the floor screaming with blood pouring out of their eye sockets.

I now have a fear of large tropical birds.

ram
07-20-2011, 12:18 PM
When younger, I had a recurring dream where I lived in a tree with my bro.
I cut his hair off when he was younger for lulz, guess it bothered me a lot because in the dream I had these razors, and whatever limb I touched of his would slowly turn gold and fall off...that haunted me for years.

Another more recent one that disturbed me a lot had to do with my dad. It was in a dark room with if I remember right, a burning pentagram on the floor in front of me. I was chained to a wall. My dad comes outta nowhere and starts hacking me to pieces with this blade, that's all I remember.

Think I told that one before but gawd I freaked out.

man so that's why you picked scissor hand as avatar pic

Sylux
07-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I have this dream sometimes, though the specifics vary, where I kill my father in a visitor's room of a mental hospital with a pen by stabbing him in the carotid artery. I may eventually rent the license for Silent Hill under Jaittaceti in 15 or so years and make a game based off this dream and SH2's centrality, but I dunno. Might be a little too personal, especially considering I've now posted it online.

Black_Shaggie
07-22-2011, 11:38 PM
When I was a kid...around 15 or 16...I used to have this dream about being chased through my neighborhood by all of my neighbors dogs. There were 2 german shepards, a rotweiler , 3 pitbulls & my black labrador Shade. The weird thing is...Shade would lead the pack & they would all maul me.

In my waking life, I am not afraid of animals at all & actually have an affinity with them. Animals of all types seem to enjoy my company. Shade was my greatest friend when I was a kid, I took him everywhere. He was very smart & I trained him to do a lot of cool tricks.

When I was away for basic training for the Navy...Shade died fending off a burgular (who shot him) trying to break into my mom's house.

To this day I dunno why he would lead a pack of dogs to maul me in my dreams.

Rio
07-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Maybe you're in the perspective of the burglar.

Lucy
07-23-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't dream often... the only nightmare I've had that I can remember is one wherein I was attacked by some ruffian with a plank, which went through my cheek and out through the other side of my face, and lodged into a wall (conveniently, the walls of my house were made of sand in this particular dream. You don't question these things til you wake up, I guess). I sort of hung there until I woke up. That shook me up. Normally I just have really surreal dreams on the rare occasion I remember one.

Hell_Baron
07-25-2011, 10:30 AM
i once dreamed having sex with Snooki...
sleeping has never been the same since.

Rio
07-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwww~! I would wake up in a cold sweat if I dreamed that. D:

ram
07-25-2011, 11:37 AM
You don't question these things til you wake up, I guess

yeah, it's kinda weird, it's like we can't think when we dream.

i dream of the walls in my house disappeared and i was naked and people are just ignoring me but they can see me, and i don't even care that i was naked and don't understand why i didn't care about it. never question it until i wake up.

there are a lot of times as well, can't tell all of them cause this thread isn't enough to tell the whole tale.

kinda remind of the movie inception.

Rio
07-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I think they don't care because you know - people walking around naked is normal in dream land! xD

GunZet
07-25-2011, 05:34 PM
You can pretty much control what you do in a dream if it's lucid and you don't freak out going into it. I always freak out and force myself out the sleep paralysis so I haven't gotten that far...maybe once or twice.