PDA

View Full Version : people getting in the way of your artlife

ram
06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
i want to know what you guys will do if people around you are trying to make you quit being an artist...
like parents saying "you have no future for that" or friends or brothers and sisters saying..
"quit that already it's getting in the way of what you should do" or something or the other

wherever you go people just don't approve of what you want..
(this topic isn't about me okay and don't you dare say my name)

Outcast
06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Ramiel you shoud find new friends.

jubeh
06-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Man Im the opposite I'm like I hate drawing and people are like you need to do that shit bro I'll kill you

ram
06-29-2011, 09:42 PM
what? why?:cat_shock:

Outcast
06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Too busy shittin'.

ram
06-29-2011, 09:50 PM
okay that makes sense

GunZet
06-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Proper response: Give em the finger. Take a picture of them, draw it, mutilate it with your skills, give it to them free of charge.

jubeh
06-29-2011, 09:59 PM
Just tell those people to take a dump and go to sleep.

GunZet
06-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Seriously Jube? Can we ever just sleep then take a dump?

Fenn
06-29-2011, 10:10 PM
This goes beyond art. If someone tells you, "Stop X, you should be doing Y," stop for a moment, and consider: why should I do X, why should I do Y, why should I stop doing X, why should I stop doing Y? Weight the options and pick what makes the most rational sense.

No one knows what you should do better than you. Obviously, "Stop doing art, you need a job so you can survive," makes more sense than, "Stop doing are, it's a waste of time."

ram
06-29-2011, 10:11 PM
i think this tread is a mistake:cat_teardrop:

Fenn
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
i think this tread is a mistake:cat_teardrop:

Serves you right for putting it in chatterbox.

Rule #12 of MT: If it's in chatterbox, no topic is safe.

Outcast
06-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Son. You're a mistake.

Byakuran
06-30-2011, 12:54 AM
Just ask a mod to move it to GD if yur so serieus...

ram
06-30-2011, 01:13 AM
nah i'm not that serious at this...
but i think i want to delete this now because people are thinking this is me i'm talking about..
so how do i do that?

Outcast
06-30-2011, 01:58 AM
people are thinking this is me i'm talking about.
What makes you think that?

ram
06-30-2011, 02:58 AM
that's because you keep saying my name dad

Outcast
06-30-2011, 03:28 AM
I've only ever typed your name once. Son.

CypressDahlia
06-30-2011, 03:40 AM
I think what he means is he wants people to share their own experiences.

goggy
06-30-2011, 05:32 AM
My parents want me to become an artist but I don't want to.

ram
06-30-2011, 06:47 AM
I think what he means is he wants people to share their own experiences.
yeah that's what i'm talking about... actually i'm the only one that i know personally that want to draw and become an artist..
well that hasn't happened to me before but i'm thinking that maybe people had experience like that

trilokcool3
06-30-2011, 07:54 AM
if everybody against you then do one thing u can do what you desire SECRETLY this is what most of the persons do. Just go on with it . And when time comes REVEAL IT .

Rio
06-30-2011, 11:48 AM
I think we had a conversation about this before but it was more like if your parents supported you or not. Quite a revelation that thread was but I'm too lazy to find it in the old forum (http://mangatutorials.com/bb/) so if anyone's interested in finding it - be my guest.

From my experience, most people are pretty supportive if they find out I draw. If they aren't, I usually don't a crap what they think so it works out either way. :D

jubeh
06-30-2011, 05:45 PM
My parents want me to become an artist but I don't want to.

ikr

BozeSG
06-30-2011, 05:55 PM
oh man, as some of you might know, i come from a country with no copy-right law, hence no appreciation for art. normally, artists in writing or painting in there have less income as a bus driver, and what i did was that i decided to do manga (which has a low rate of success even in japan) between all the other forms of art i could choose from. now my parents definitely weren't happy for me to even try art, let alone drawing manga, so they literally crushed all my dreams...

But so what?! now that they've done that, i'll just have to get so good that i'll be able to draw my manga at the same time as when i'm studying or working, that's it... case closed.

Fenn
06-30-2011, 07:14 PM
The only way people get in the way of my art life is that they unintentionally discourage me from trying something new. Most of the people in my life have appreciation for art, but only if they can understand it. If I go abstract or very fictional in my work I get those annoying "What IS that?" comments. Manga is usually good because the subjects are people, which they understand.

Byakuran
06-30-2011, 10:36 PM
I think we had a conversation about this before but it was more like if your parents supported you or not. Quite a revelation that thread was but I'm too lazy to find it in the old forum (http://mangatutorials.com/bb/) so if anyone's interested in finding it - be my guest.

I couldnt find it :( ,, its probably before i joined :/

Rio
07-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Found it. (http://mangatutorials.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=415) What our mommas and poppas think about our art.

Zoe
07-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't want a future in art. Yet everyone that sees me doodling seems to think they have the right to tell me I shouldn't be pursuing a career in science and should just become an artist. :|

It actually really makes me angry.

(And I come from a family of artists, so they're all "D; Y U NO LUV US".)

Fenn
07-06-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't want a future in art. Yet everyone that sees me doodling seems to think they have the right to tell me I shouldn't be pursuing a career in science and should just become an artist. :|

It actually really makes me angry.

(And I come from a family of artists, so they're all "D; Y U NO LUV US".)

It's like when people see a tall person NOT playing basketball and tell them they're wasting their talent. They don't even factor enjoyment into the picture.

I'm torn. I feel like I would enjoy a career in art, but I also like how art is something I can do outside of work and daily duty.

ClockHand
07-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Lol I think being a good artist and don't wanting to be an artist is completely different to be tall and don't wanting to play basket ball.

But yeah its happen all the time, people think that if you are good at drawing you are going to be an artist, the deal is that wanting to be one needs a lot of commitment, and understand that when you make art your profession, it become a job. And doing this jump needs balls.

LVUER
07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Like the difference between hobby and professional/job.

Delphinus
07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Forget my art life - my family get in the way of everything I do.

Fenn
07-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Forget my art life - my family get in the way of everything I do.

That sucks.