PDA

View Full Version : At what have you cried?

Byakuran
06-28-2011, 05:11 PM
Ugh i dont want any ' I never cry ' ...

But i was wondering what have you guys ever cried at? like an episode anime, commercial or events or something like that.

Well im going tbh and say about the 2 movies i cried at

1 Pokemon the first movie when ash died, I WAS YOUNGH OKE.

2. King Kong... when he got captured i regret crying at that but at that time i was emotionally unstable >>

So tell me your experience.

Ozzaharwood
06-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Clannad After Story.

Clannad's motto is: "Makes the manliest man cry."

Byakuran
06-28-2011, 05:16 PM
At what scene? be more specific xD

GunZet
06-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I seriously don't think I've ever cried to a show or cartoon or movie. I just don't get how someone could cry over that.

I do get deeply disturbed though. Mainly when Rorschache was killed in Watchmen just like that. I was freaked out for like a week.

Matt
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
I still need to read Watchmen. I've heard so many good things about it.

Anyway, Clannad worked on me too. Without spoilers, I'll say that it involved a certain wedding and a certain Fuuko. And even though the Engrish in that song in the background was next to terrible, the melody did a lot for the scene. Also, the spin-off-ish thing with Tomoya and Tomoyo, that scene in the snow. They used that same song, too. I have yet to watch After Story uninterrupted, but a lot of people say the flower field scene with Ushio and Tomoya was a tearjerker.

It takes real skill to make someone cry at a scene that's not even sad. Very few things have done it, but a certain part of Portal 2 did it for quite a few people (not myself).

Psy
06-28-2011, 06:59 PM
This reminds me of when my whole family went to see the lion king and my mom started bawling when mufasa died (you are nuts if that is a spoiler now!). There was a little kid who was probably like 5 that yelled "MOMMY WHY'S THAT LADY CRYING?!".

Pokemanz got me too.

Sylux
06-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom seriously could have made me cry.

Harvester_Of_Sorrow
06-28-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't think I have ever cried at a movie or any other medium either. But have come close to tears on a few occasions. Nothing to do with the death or imprisionment of a character which is clearly meant to 'make you cry' but more about characters who show a great definance against oppression or inequality, but in a way that is actually well written. That 'Ideas are bulletproof' scene in V for Vendetta resinates this. Also numourouse scenes in parts 1 and 2 or the movie 'Che'. More so the latter, because this was actually based on the life of a revoltionary, but V is still up there.

Crying at a movie just means that you are emotional attached too it and I don't like it when people assume that if you didn't cry at certain scenes in movies that you lack this emotional attachment. Not that it matters anyway, but its worth saying.

This clip has nothing to do with crying, but I think its worth mentioning anyway. Its from the movie adaptation of the American novel Grapes Of Wrath. This is fairly near the end and loads of stuff has happened, but basically in this scene Tom Joad has just told his mother that he has to leave her and the family out of fear of them being hurt if the authorities find him with them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yer4L1Uhayc

'...A fella ain't got a soul of his own, just a little piece of a big soul. The one big soul that belongs to everybody...'

What a beautiful sentiment. What a beautiful idea.

Kodos
06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
I cried when Sephiroth-sama killed Aerith-chan.

Byakuran
06-28-2011, 08:45 PM
:) yay reactions

Well im not saying that you should cry at movies or scenes or anything, im just wondering at everyone's own experience its interesting to know imo ;o

Also my mom cried at grave of fireflies... (at the end)
But i cried at pokemon when i was super young and at king kong when i was yough but i havent really cried at anything much but i have felt sad and stuff...

jubeh
06-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Im a crybaby.

In fist of the north star when shuu's son died and then shuu afterwards I was p upset.

Hayashida
06-28-2011, 11:38 PM
I am not a crybaby, but I am a crowbaby. Yes, the child of a crow.

butternut
06-29-2011, 03:26 AM
Lion King has been a tear-jerker for me even when I was 18. Apart from that, I'm a huge crybaby when it comes to animals(mostly dogs) - Hachiko, Marley and Me, Mighty Joe Young etc. I was actually too disturbed to even cry for Grave of Fireflies. Oh and I also cried for Nodame Cantabile (1st season few last episodes).

pajamajam
06-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Oh man, Marley and Me got me really bad. Especially since I was cuddled up with a lab mix when I watched it. I had to give her like a million treats once the movie was over.

erikamae
06-29-2011, 05:55 AM
everything.
I cry at everything.
:c movies, manga, novels, commercials, people's conversation, snippets of things :c

I'm a crybaby. /loser

Byakuran
06-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Man, what did i tell you xD,, You're not a loser!

You just can easily put yourself in their shoe's and feel the emotions~

I may not cry a lot, but i do feel sad like a lot of times when i read something sad :l

Matt
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I think Harvester of Sorrow said it best.

If you don't cry at a tearjerker scene, it doesn't mean you're too manly to cry. It's pretty much impossible to make everyone feel the same emotional attachment as everyone else.

Example: I love the character Kia (made up on the spot). I've developed an attachment to her throughout the course of the movie/game/show/whatever. In the end, she's put through mental torture and eventually gets killed. I'd cry, of course. However, my friend didn't like Kia at all because he didn't see her in the same way I did. He, of course, wouldn't cry. He might be disturbed or even a little sad, but ultimately, our perceptions of the character were different, and therefore, so were our reactions.

Certain instrumental songs can do it for me, and maybe one or two from either Enya or Celtic Woman. Them aside, very few bands have drawn any emotional response from me, sadness or otherwise:

Nightwish
Kamelot
Celtic Woman
Enya
Altan
Nobuo Uematsu
Epic Score
Two Steps from Hell
City of the Fallen
Rascal Flatts
Rise Against

Fenn
06-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I almosts cried while, no lie, listening to a song from the LOtR soundtrack. I was exhausted and lying down, just taking in the music, it was one of the slow, epic tunes.

I am SUCH a nerd...

Byakuran
06-30-2011, 09:03 PM
xD that doesn't make you a nerd does it?

Mhmm matt i know what you are saying just as HoS ... Everyone is different in some way, everyone's emotions are different SO that also means they would feel sad, angry, happy at all kind of different things. And often with sadness comes tears, but it doesnt need 2, like i'd feel sad about something but i won't end up crying maybe i do have personal reasons for that, my own experiences(i think i do xD)
And everybody else as well, one would feel sad when it rains, one would cry at a sad anime ending, one would cry at their cupcakes being eaten. Really everyone has their own emotions >_> people who think should get that.

This thread simply is one where you may or may not use it to say why you cried to what you have felt its also in the chatterbox for a reason xD not everyone wants to talk about what they've cried at do they xD but i made this thread because i wanted to know what you people make sad... why? because i like hearing peoples views opinions in this thing.. maybe i have personal issues XD OHWELL i really didn't want to discuss a thing everybody already knows so

MAN GINTAMA ALMOST GOT ME. i could like feeel my eyes getting watery at the otose arc end. ~~

CypressDahlia
06-30-2011, 09:19 PM
I was eating chili once and I had a hybrid cough/sneeze that internalized and blew the chili up into my sinuses. I cried.

Byakuran
06-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Hahahaha xD...

you have those tears as well...

CypressDahlia
06-30-2011, 09:50 PM
It felt like something spat acid on my brain. Worst feeling ever.

Byakuran
06-30-2011, 11:48 PM
For some reason i can't stop laughing.

flowermage
07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Most people I know are under the impression that I'm an emotionless bookworm (like Nagato Yuki).

That's not entirely true. Live-action series/films, plays, deaths, etc.. have no effect on me, but for some reason anime can get to me very easily. Novels and manga sometimes, but this is more the exception than the rule.

Kimi ni Todoke (ep.5,6) because of how I can relate to Sawako. And when she smiled for the first time.. ;__;
Honey & Clover II, multiple times. It's one of my favorite series ^^
Kanon...ugh. Where do I even start? Clannad or AIR never reached me, but Kanon made me into a mess almost every episode.
Toradora. The ending.

So many more, but these ones are off the top of my head.

For some strange reason, I can empathize more with anime characters than people in real life.

Delphinus
07-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't cry.

Except when I chop onions.

Renzokuken
07-01-2011, 01:25 PM
My life.

Fenn
07-02-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't cry.

I am so surprised.

Delphinus
07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9hOFOgqOds

Celestial-Fox
07-03-2011, 04:41 PM
When I was little and went to go see Lilo and Stitch, I cried. XD

LVUER
07-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Boys don't cry but men do.

Delphinus
07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
http://neoshinka.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tear_of_joy_e.jpg

ClockHand
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Let me guess, Ryugetsusho from Ryoichi Ikegami.

Man I love this game.

Byakuran
07-11-2011, 06:21 PM
xD hahaha we should do that game on GB while drawing... someone mentioned it before ... i think it was apples OHWELL..

I CRIED AT THE END OF SHIAWASE KISSA SANCHOUME. because i was watching the screen too long and my eyes teared :l .

Slurpee
07-15-2011, 08:10 PM
I cried when this baby penguin got eaten when i was watching March of the Penguins

Sylux
07-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I could have cried at Death Note because my favorite character of all time went bye-bye. :(

Renzokuken
07-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Funnily enough, my bro was just watching DN DVDs.

violin
07-16-2011, 09:57 PM
It's probably embarrassing to cry in front of other people. But I found out that if there is something wrong you should not keep that emotion and it actually helps to cry. I don't cry on movies but it happens.

Aether
07-17-2011, 03:41 AM
Men don't cry. We look concerned.

indescribable
07-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Especially where Disney movies are concerned.

I used to cry whenever I watched Charlotte's Web. Which was like two or three times a day until my parents cut me off. Also the scene where Little Foot's mom dies in Land Before time. That's pretty much it, I think.

bambi
07-18-2011, 02:02 AM
I am a genuine crybaby.
Has anyone seen that episode of Futurama with the dog? That episode made me cry the first few times I saw it,
to give people an indication of how freely I give away my tears.

Afrobit
07-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Up! The first five minutes of it had me broken down in tears.

;_____; WHY PIXAR?!

Sylux
07-19-2011, 11:47 AM
This is a video of me crying to the one thing that has ever made me shed tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtPqDzIHXIs&feature=player_embedded#at=80

bambi
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
First 20 minutes of Pixar's Up.

Pigo-cm
07-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I cried during Ernest goes to camp. I regret nothing.

bambi
07-19-2011, 04:39 PM
I didn't notice my fellow Up crier!
The beginning of that movie is way too sad to be a children's movie. And yet it is.. :'(

Sylux
07-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Are you kidding? Pixar is good because of stuff like that. Their movies show children how to deal with grief, which is pretty handy in any child case.

toast
07-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Up is fantastic, I teared up at the beginning too :/ Also, Toy Story 3 made me tear up at the end, and anyone who didn't feel some type of sadness at the end is a butt.

I've gotten watery eyed from a ton of movies. I must say that Requiem for a Dream is probably the worst out of all of them. Jesus Christ. The ending was really well done, tears are literally streaming down my face every time <_< Darren Aronofsky is rad.

Sylux
07-22-2011, 05:43 PM
I thought Toy Story 3 would have been cool if
the incinerator really was the end of it all.
Not cooler, necessarily, but still a very acceptable ending in my eyes.

Tora
07-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Cried at the end of Godchild. Partially because of the way it ended and also partially because it was over.
*confession* I also cry when people propose or kiss in all movies.

ALSO: It makes me want to cry when people compare my life to the movie the Thornbirds.

ClockHand
07-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I cried at Indiana Johns: The Crystal Skull, but were tears of pain.

DrPumpkin
07-25-2011, 02:22 AM
I somehow ended up watching Terry Gilliam's Brazil when I was four.

They were tears of sheer utter horror.

(Ironic, really, since it's my favorite movie now.)

Hayashida
07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Brazil was a good movie mang

Byakuran
07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
i almost cried at this song. Call ' Nobody ' ... about a kid whos being bullied. ;A;
Lyric translation (chorus) (nobody is the same as no one here btw) ;A;

'Nobody asked,
Nobody saw,
And nobody, nobody, nobody said,
And nobody felt,
Nobody, nobody, nobody heard,
Nobody did,
And nobody, nobody, nobody liked him '

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncX0gkScRyk

GunZet
07-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I shed a tear when I finally beat the Elite Four on Pokemon Yellow, because they were so hard to beat, but my Pokemanz fought to the very end, and we did it!

Byakuran
07-25-2011, 04:34 PM
In the game? Or are you just being a troll now.

GunZet
07-25-2011, 09:07 PM
trollololol

Outcast
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
I cried when I was taken from my mother, when my dad dragged skulls and at the wiping of the tears ceremony in the last sundance I was at.

Delphinus
07-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I cry easily.

So easily, in fact, that I've done this before: "Fucking tears... why am I crying?" *sob* "Son of a bitch, this isn't even upsetting me." *sob*

Given that half the time I'm too proud to admit when there is something the matter, I pretty much tend to be cruel to people who take pity on me, too... so yeah.

Byakuran
07-26-2011, 07:43 PM
W-what, Outcast? Was your dad from a cult or something? Or are you just trolling me now.

Matt
07-26-2011, 10:28 PM
So easily, in fact, that I've done this before: "Fucking tears... why am I crying?" *sob* "Son of a bitch, this isn't even upsetting me." *sob*
This is, literally, EXACTLY what went through my head the last time I cried. Were you, by any chance, being chewed out or yelled at by someone?

Why do I do this? I MUST KNOW!! *Consults Google* Just so that I don't humiliate myself in front of my manager at a future job or something.

. . . Come to think of it, I rarely get in enough trouble to face this kind of situation. If I was a troublemaker, I'd probably cry a lot more than twice in a ten year period.

Outcast
07-26-2011, 11:38 PM
W-what, Outcast? Was your dad from a cult or something? Or are you just trolling me now.

Not trolling and he isn't from a cult but I don't feel like giving the explanation right now.

Byakuran
07-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Ah oke... GoodLuck...

Also matt lol, actually i think there a lot of people who're like ' why am i crying ' when they cry oh well...

scanten71-402san
09-04-2011, 03:56 PM
As for me, I cry about everything that I see with my own eyes. Lovely teardrops are all that you can see. I won't even see about what I'm crying, because it can get you insane and evil.

Hayashida
09-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Um hey you shouldn't revive old threads like this