PDA

View Full Version : Beta-Tester's Area

Rio
11-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you're lovin' the new site as much as do. If you have any comments, questions, and so on, ask away here in this thread.

If you are interested in testing out the payment system for the new subscription system, feel free to do so. I've reduced the prices down just for you guys. Prices will jump to regular price once this site is ready to roll (I'm currently aiming to get it out by next month).

In the meantime, enjoy and have fun! C:

Renzokuken
11-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Alriiiight! I am first.

Hayashida
11-13-2010, 06:06 PM
One thing I found with the forum, is when you press the "Add a video" button, the membership message doesn't work right. It comes up as text, saying

tb_show('Membership Info', $.ajaxBox('subscribe.message', 'height=150&width=450'));

I don't know what is wrong with it exactly, but you should check that out, Rio.
So far, everything I've seen so far works good. I have a question though. When you're changing information on your profile, there's a name and there's a username. What is the username used for? Because on the page and on the forum, it uses your name instead of the username.
And is there any way to change the avatar on the profile/forum sections?

yourart
11-13-2010, 06:09 PM
The username is basically just used for a shortcut to your profile. For example, yours would be http://www.mangatutorials.com/development/hayashida or something like that

Re video>>
Hrmm.... I'll have to see what that's all about. It works fine for me...

Btw, is anyone having problem loading all the images in the Gallery?

(Yeah, this is my second account, btw, just for posting everyone's artwork. :3)

Renzokuken
11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, some work, some don't.

Hayashida
11-13-2010, 06:16 PM
By gallery, do you mean our personal gallery? It's working for me, if that's the case...

Sutari
11-13-2010, 06:20 PM
I dont know if this is a big issue, but I can't seem to change my avatar :(

If its a coming soon function, please disregard this. Btw, I love the new site.

Hayashida
11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah I can't find a way to put an avatar on my profile.

Also, if I can make a suggestion, the wait time for the flood detection thing is really long. At most, I would say ten seconds would be enough, imo.
Also, height restrictions on signatures would probably be nice so that some users don't get carried away and really stretch the page out.

yourart
11-13-2010, 06:27 PM
:sigh: Whatever images I loaded earlier are not showing. But the ones that are showing are recent ones as well as those that were tagged to be featured. Hrmmm... Another item to add to my list.

Btw, if you guys want to change your profile image, hit Dashboard and right under your avatar there should be a link that says Change Avatar blah blah. Note: You may not be able to see the link depending on the template you're using.

Renzokuken
11-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Hey, that Dashboard customisation is p. cool. Kinda reminiscent of Myspace.

yourart
11-13-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey, I'm glad you likes! :3

Here's the link to change your profile image: http://www.mangatutorials.com/development/index.php?do=/user/photo/

Sutari
11-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I hate to complain, but one thing I prefer about the old site is the avatar sizes... these ones are like micro-sized compared to the other MT.

And I agree with Hayashida about the signature restrictions.. I honestly didnt think it would accept mine since its so tall, it must be getting aggravating xD , Ill get rid of it.

Renzokuken
11-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo....

yourart
11-13-2010, 06:59 PM
lol I'll go have a look at restricting siggies then and forum avatars...

[EDIT] I've fixed the Gallery. Do you guys see all the images now?

Hayashida
11-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah I liked how the avatars on the other site would be 150x150px.

Also, I didn't mind your avatar, Rei, but I was thinking more of people who would have like, 1000 pixels wide or high. That kind of thing.

Hayashida
11-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Sorry for double posting, but I guess that doesn't matter so much at this point.

lol I'll go have a look at restricting siggies then and forum avatars...

[EDIT] I've fixed the Gallery. Do you guys see all the images now?

Yeah I can see all the images.

Rio
11-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Cool, thanks! It's a relief to know. I've looked into the sigs and avatar sizes and I haven't encountered a setting to change or limit them. I may need to fiddle with the coding of the site itself to get the results.

I'll put it on my To-Do List but it's definitely not at the top right now.

Hayashida
11-13-2010, 08:02 PM
Okay, thanks.

Red
11-13-2010, 11:26 PM
*Arrives late*

I love the new layout for the site.

Rio
11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Great to hear it! How is everything else working out for you? Any problems, suggestions, or anything?

And you're not late - you're actually early compared to some others who haven't shown up yet. xD

butternut
12-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Hey, the General Discussion forum shows "New Post" icon perenially, even when there are new posts in the sub forums. Something i should know that i don't know about(coz i'm still a newbie)? or is it a bug?

Blue_Dragon
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
I get that, too, even after I make a point to go through everything to make it not pink.

butternut
12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Hey, the General Discussion forum shows "New Post" icon perenially, even when there are new posts in the sub forums. Something i should know that i don't know about(coz i'm still a newbie)? or is it a bug?

It's fine right now..Though I don't know about Blue Dragon, it's fixed now i guess..

Hayashida
12-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Just click the "mark forums read" button.