Depending on the amount of artwork submitted, it may be as quick as the next update or it may take several weeks. (As of 5/24/2010, waiting list is about 2-3 weeks) Please be patient and if it is still not posted after a month, contact Rio to ask if she had received it. It may have been lost or was not received. Also, you may be contacted if your artwork was not received or was not properly attached to your email. Be sure to occasionally check your Inbox or even your SPAM folder (just in case) if you received a reply.
Yes, there is. Read the points below:
1. File types accepted: jpg, gif, bmp, psd, xcf, and tiff. Mac users, please enter the file extension after the filename. Windows does not recognize Mac files unless you directly enter the file extension. For example, please enter artsubmission.jpg when saving instead of just leaving it as artsubmission.
2. All types of art are welcome; original, fan art, game art; except hentai. Hentai characters are okay. Suggestive poses, nudity, and violent images are subject to evaluation. There’s a good chance it will be rejected.
3. Submitted fan art will have the artists’ name and email address on your drawing. Aliases are allowed if you prefer not to use your real name. If you would rather not have your email address, be sure to mention it in your email. A web address in lieu of an email address is acceptable.
4. Limit file size to 1MB, please. Or multiple images submitted should add up to, at most, 1MB. For multiple submissions, it is preferred you use WinZip, WinRAR, or 7zip. I can’t stress this rule enough – I have only so much space allotted on my email account and it slows things down if one person takes up more than 1MB just for one picture. I receive quite a bit of submissions, so please be courteous to others and don’t clog up my email account with huge image files.
To reduce your image file size, you can either make the image size smaller or you can make the quality of the image lower. Either will work fine.
5. Your artwork will be placed in the Your Art page in our site and then permanently displayed in the Your Art Archives after a certain amount of time.
6. You may submit up to 12 artworks per year. Any more submissions after that will be rejected until the upcoming year. No exceptions! And NO, I will NOT replace your old artwork with your new one. This rule has been placed to encourage you to submit only your best artwork.
7. Art work at all levels of experience is welcome!
8. Any medium of art work is also accepted: CG, pencil, crayon, colored pencil, etc. If you can scan it or take a digital picture of it, send it in!
9. Art work submitted must be drawn by you and only you. Please do not submit a friend’s art work or a stranger’s without his or her permission and knowledge. Otherwise, please give proper credit where it belongs.
10. We do not link to artwork at your site. All submitted artwork will be posted and hosted at this site. If you have an artwork that is hosted at your site and would like me to post up, just send me your url and point out which drawing you would like to submit if necessary.
11. No Photos! Your Art page is reserved only for art that you have drawn whether it’s in pencil, pen, CG, or other medium. If you do not have a scanner and took a digital photo of your drawing, that is okay. No photo’s of yourself or scenery – they’ll just be rejected.
After a certain amount of time, artwork will be permanently placed in the Your Art Archives. At the moment (3-15-2010), it has yet to be created but it will be made eventually.
Go to your email, click on Compose, New or whatever button you need to make a new email message. In the To line, type in Rio’s email address: rioDRAW[at]mangatutorialsDRAW[dot]com. Make sure you replace the [at] and [dot] with the appropriate symbols and remove DRAW. Click on Attach or a paperclip and then click on Browse if needed. Find the location where your artwork is saved and hit Open. You can add more attachments if you’re submitting more artwork or click on Attach Files or Done and the file(s) will be attached to your email. Fill in the rest of the email and send. That’s it! You’re done!
You can also use this form to send in your artwork.
Please submit your artwork only once!! I generally do NOT reply to submissions until I have posted them up at the Your Art Gallery. After I have posted up your artwork, you will receive an email message regarding their posting. The only times I will reply to you early is if your artwork was not received (i.e. images were not attached correctly). If you do not see your artwork posted up after a month, be sure to contact me about it before you re-submit your artwork.