It is currently Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: The black mage's Morning twilight in progress
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:12 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
her is a illustration I started yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
It's looking really blurry up front, and sharper further away. I thought it was the reverse?
Looks pretty good, although there are some perspective issues with the buildings, and the woman looks stiff. And maybe you could try drawing with only a dark sharp pencil?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:02 pm 
Devilish-Fan

thats because as i added the shading and the cloths to her, I started to lose her figure and so I started.... improvising.... I am still playing with the negative and positive space right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:45 am 
Obsessed-Fan

So if I'm reading what you've written right, when you shade, things get blurry? Try not to rely on blending with your finger/tortillions too much. Make smooth shade transitions by using a duller pencil and circular motions.

And Gunz, if actually depends. Ususally camera focus is on the foreground, but sometimes it can be on the background. :>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 am 
Devilish-Fan

I use neither of those things, I actually used (i know not the name of them) The spongy water color brush to smooth while going back in with the pencil to continue to darken. I didn't have my blending pencils at the moment I actually started this illustration (which are very rare occasions for me.) Again I am still dealing with the negative and positive space, I still have to decide what to do with the back left and right. At the route I am going, It may become a limited space picture.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Yeah, I think you might want to consider not using any sort of blending tools. Many of my favorite pencil artists blend as they go by handling the pencil itself, I learned through tutorials.

I also think that maybe you don't need to add more elements. As it is, you have a lot of objects and a clear focal point in your image. If anything, I'd add more detail to the buildings and streets. Negative space is very useful in art, and I actually prefer it in cases like these.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:32 am 
Devilish-Fan

I'm not at the point of more detail just yet, who I actually doing detail is through controlling the values. Also what you are talking about is something gained from pencil control, I don't have that type of pencil control yet. silly goose I am still doing my line control exercises -_- (Fuck you line control, I will conquer you soon *shakes fist in the air*). With that said, I can't leave that space there (never attended to in the first place), It actually breaks the composition and also be letting the paper control the sketch (another thing I need to stop doing.) I may do something a bit *skyscrapery-ish* to create another asymmetrical balance. I think I see that working as it pushes off the page.

Post subject: Re: The black mage's 2 concepts added
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:24 am 
Devilish-Fan

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6