It is currently Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Skate 3 addiction. And Miri.)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:11 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

Listening To: Why Bacon is awesome
Reading: The Bacon Cookbook
Eating: Bacon
Drinking: Liquid Bacon
Playing: Bacon Barbarian IX: The Quest for the Crispy Bacon
angel_dreamer13 wrote:
wow dude, the pose on the top one is epic.

QFT

Celestial-Fox wrote:
COME BAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK--

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Magnifiscent! That pose is great! and i dont think you focussed on detail so im not gonna point that out :D welldone.

And i see major improvement on glance effect on the hair. awsome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 pm 
Super-Fan

Wow epic pose is epic. and Man, I love the way you draw king hair. Its...Its...Magical

Im usually on the groupboard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:31 pm 
Giga-Fan

Whoa, I like that sorta feedback. Inspires me to do even better (because I obviously only took my time on the girl, and it's still just a sketch).

Guys. I'm not sure how many of you are into commissions, but I have a question about them:

I'm starting commissions and offering them on DA (but not till I can produce at least one satisfiable background). How do I do payment and such? I have a paypal, but I'm not sure how to accept or give out payment when I draw a commission or buy one myself.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:39 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Listening To: Muse
Reading: Wut- Sy's new name.
Eating: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Drinking: Death
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Man, I love the pose in that first picture and Miri's hair? Pro, dude; you've gotten much better with it.

There's actually not much wrong here, maybe the foot placement but 1.) it's a minor detail (although I still felt it needed to be made light of) and 2.) the pose is pro, so I would feel proud for pulling it off like you did.

Nice work boss, looking forward to the next update.

{Sorry I've been gone so long}

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:58 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

I think Renzo is right in the fact that there is something off with the skating pose, but that's honestly nothing, because you did an awesome job handling it. What really tops itoff is the background, which looks awesome.

And Miri's hair is really awesome. You've improved an unbelieveable amount with hair.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:48 pm 
Three-Fan

It's possible that I'm just looking at it wrong, but it seems somewhat like skate-girl's hand is backwards... the curled finger -- is it her index finger or her pinkie? Otherwise I quite like it. I actually feel inspired to draw something cool now.

Man, I wish I could draw long, flowy hair. ):

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:09 pm 
Giga-Fan

@Renzo - You really HAVE been gone awhile. School? Ah well. Man, you gotta post some more art. Without you, I don't have a rival to compare against! (After Alienninja left, anyway)

@Seefy - I still remember asking about hair on the old forum and you having the best response. Seefy, if it weren't for you, I'd be a lot worse than I am now.

@Indescribable - Long, flowy hair takes a long time to do right. I'm afraid I'm still not doing it the correct way. Her hand is probably off. I've been improving in every area EXCEPT hands over the past three years.

YES, it's been THREE YEARS as of January 1, 2011, that I started drawing manga seriously. To commemorate, I did some crappy manga pages that I probably shouldn't have even uploaded!

A DA artist named Boriol writes about a character named Boriol. Hmm . . .

Well, I totally crashed on Arion and Akiria's design, improved Boriol's, Illyana's, and Siren's (I did one other pic of her). I also drew Morin for the first time. He looks like an RPG hero. Iris was barely displayed, and I flunked on Elaine's main profile shot.

How do you get profiles to look as good as portraits and 3/4? I'm pretty sure I can do the mechanics right, but it always looks like a different style. I have a tendency to make my profiles really realistic, but anything else is all loli-ish and cute. So, I need help. Again. Imagine that.

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Crappy draft pages. Two of them.)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:53 pm 
Fan's-Fan

heya matt, very nice comic :D its nice too see your progress finally in action.! keep up the good work!.

I don't see the detail is that good. but i dont think you payed attention to that anyways ^^ your general anatomy is at a nice level and your composition is nice.

I can't avoid but to mention it seems a litle rushy at some places xD but to silly goose with that, thats a quetion about mood anyways.

Keep it up matt!

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Crappy draft pages. Two of them.)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:50 am 
Giga-Fan

If I'd have drawn in the details, it would have taken me more than two hours per page. I wanna learn how to do realistic buildings, but the amount of time it would take is just daunting.

I can't help drawing lolis in that story. There are so many of them! Oh, and here's a pathetic attempt at drawing a dragon. Inspired by reading some tutorials from ImagineFX:

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (A failure of a dragon.)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:01 pm 
Crazy-Fan

That isn't half bad, man. Don't be so hard on yourself all the time. You're pretty damn good! :P

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (A failure of a dragon.)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:47 am 
Giga-Fan

Whether that one was good or bad, THIS one is at least passable:

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Sai doodle--a girl)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:53 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Ahahaha, lolicon. XD! I loled pretty hard.

Believe it or not, the dragon is quite awesome, actually. I like the use of texture. The only thing that needs a notable amount of work are the wings--but you've mentioned that before, so that doesn't really matter. :D I'll cook up a spam tutorial for wings soon if you want.

For the most recent one (MAN, I have been soooo lazy with commenting, I feel like a ridiculous sleaze), I think it shows well that you're improving on silly goose. They look really natural. I'd watch out for the hair again, because on the viewer's right side, it looks a little stiff and like no hair is growing on the back of her head. As for the coloring, it looks like you used white for the highlights and a grey-black for the shadows. Try picking wore lifelike tones like yellow for highlights and blue for shadows. :) I also see that you're using different brushes other than their airbrush, which is nice. :D I'd suggest using a hard (or an airbrush, whichever) round brush for making the big shapes of the hair. Then I would use the multi-point brush for details. If I could get my stupid video to process, I'd show you what I mean... Maybe if I transfer it to the Mac instead of the PC it'd work. I'll get back to you on that one.

Matt wrote:
I still remember asking about hair on the old forum and you having the best response. Seefy, if it weren't for you, I'd be a lot worse than I am now.

And aw, thanks! You know I like to bum around and help. :>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:13 am 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
The second to the last one is by far the best I have seen from you. Honestly I simply love it, I would actually argue the thing about the wings with CF here. depending on whether or not you were trying to do a stylized or characterized type of drawing (ok I can't actually spell the second one so I know thats not the right word for it).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:46 am 
Giga-Fan

The wings on the dragon were actually a spur-of-the-moment addon. The whole dragon was, actually. It was originally a tentacle monster-ish thing. I figured a dragon was more fun, though. Feathery wings and a huge, solid body were a little . . . off, even in my book, but I'm glad you liked it. I sort of liked it myself before I came back the second day, then I thought it was crap. That was partly because of some amazing guy on Youtube I saw drawing a dragon in Photoshop. His blew mine--and almost every other dragon I've ever seen--away. I'll try to find a link . . .

Here it is. This is what I want to be able to do eventually.

@Seefy - I think I get what you mean, but I'd have to see that video to be sure.

Oh, and a new picture:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next