It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Commander Naz Art RETURNS~~XDD
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:12 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

It seems that your sense for face proportions get haywired whenever you try to use the big moe eyes...possibly because you seem to retain using the mainstream anime head shapes yet using moe styled eyes making things look weird.

Your style and skill in consideration, I highly suggest that you try not to do the "big desu" eyes and try something else in place of this...you don't really have to create something too big of a distinction between your "evil" eyes and "do goody" eyes like what you've been doing if you know what I mean. Simplify.

Well this is just a recommendation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:29 am 
Normal-Fan

Listening To: Touhou OST
Reading: My Comicket Doujin Collections?
Eating: Too Much Menu These Days...
Drinking: Ultra Spicy Ginger Tea
Playing: Starcraft 2
Ozzaharwood:-
I gratefully thank you and appreciate it dearly, dearest Ozza.
Feel free to obtain the knowledge and use it to push your limits.

More Moe? Perhaps but I have to find the right spices in the meantime....Please be patience.

Obitual Crow:-
I gratefully thank you and appreciate it dearly, dearest Crow.
As I did mentioned before, I have a very long way to go and your advice have confirmed it. I'm grateful for your recommendations as I see to get out from my comfortable zone and perform something "out of style" as many repeated those words.

I'll keep your words in my mind. Thanks again and hope my future works shall have the differences.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:24 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
:O u ink traditionaly and not digitaly?? Wow :) I hope I can be as good as you when I'm older....unfortunatley I don't live in Florida so I can't take your classes :,(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:07 pm 
Normal-Fan

Narutofox180:-
Yes, I'm a traditionalist where I love basics and traditional media to bring out it's true form. Even traditional media can rival today digital media in many ways...Everyone have their own tastes and ways of expressing their works also it varies.

Greetings and Peace Be Upon You All,
I have once again return and now, a new work have been completed with inking....If you do know Emperor Tiberius Vearnheim. Please do scroll below to see it:-

He's back with another impact......how should I say "Epic"? X.x But yet this artwork have been completed nearly a month ago, just keep it in my folder waiting to be put in forums and now is the time...I don't know since I'm right now completed many works but remain in lowest confidence and the Malaysian Comic Fiesta 2010 in Kuala Lumpur is near (on 18th and 19th December, Saturday and Sunday) and being nervous and a bit paranoid to see people although I've been invited there.....Maybe my Schizophernic sickness period have arrived? X.x Forgive me of my senseless ramblings, let's let it be.....Now, the penciling of Tiberius is below to see the differences:-

Penciling version of Tiberius Vearnheim.

Please, enjoy and obtain the knowledge I have presented in this latest work.
I do hope I can return again with new ones as I'm still developing another one...Try out for Mecha and another Bishoujo right now to test my skills...

I gratefully thank you and appreciate it dearly to you all. *Bows*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:15 am 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
Oh, no blackmage is back! First off before I say what I have to say let me just state this. To anyone who has a problem with what I am about to say, go ef yourself, because the only person I care that likes or dislike what I have to say is the artist I am currently addressing, not his/her fan basis. Now with that said....

Naz (if you don't mind me calling you that), your work is very boring, plain, generic and so on for someone of your skill level. Even as I type this I am going back and forth looking at every composition, and what I am seeing is you have the understanding (whether it is natural or technical) of design, and creating a decent composition. So there should be no reason why I am seeing the same thing in nearly every piece. Granted this could just as easily be the world you wish to stay in and if that is the case by all means ignore this post all together and I won't bother you with it anymore. If you are actually willing to continue and hear me out then here goes...

1. Every singly one of your compositions is flat, granted this cannot be avoided since the stylization you choose to work with is anime and manga, which 90% is both flat and uses the same body types which leads me into number 2. There is nothing that separates your work from that of from less skilled artist hat uses the same stylization nothing even catches my eye, because I have seen it a thousand times. I can google generic anime and guess what I will find, the same stuff, I am trying not to be mean but the cold truth is it is the same shit just a different toilet.

2. Granted that I know a few are the same character, but that doesn't stop me from seeing this in those who suppose to be different. Your using the same generic body type, this is no different from when 3-D modelers take a already made model of a character and places a mask on it to make it look like a different character, but it is easier to spot if the person is actually breaking the composition down and not just looking at the eye candy like most on sights like these just do.

Now with all that has been said I know at least 5 people are already coming up with to try and discredit me, twist this post into someone kind of attack, or just plain attack me (probably via my own artwork like clock tried/trying to do, but failing since I take pride in both my accomplishments and failures and just seeing my old work everywhere around the forum does nothing less than puts a smile on face.) I am here just talking to you from one artist to another, and as a artist I am very saddened that with your understanding of creating a composition and illustration even as a hobbyist is limiting yourself like such.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 am 
Fan's-Fan

I have to agree on the composition, it IS quite boring as time flow. but i completely disagree on the style.

His style is very unique in my eyes, I haven't seen anything like it before (honest words iz honest!)

On the composition he manages to create awsome looking pictures afterall, but yes, boring composition in general, but im sure its something you can learn over time lord. or perhaps you are well aware of it?

at any rate, i think its just a small issue, the composition that is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:28 am 
Normal-Fan

Eating: pasta
Drinking: Water water water
MAn, your awesome... I love the Lines... thumbs up!!!

http://www.mangatutorials.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1557

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:12 pm 
Normal-Fan

BlackMage:-
Wowzers, never would've been commented like this for nearly 4 years of my drawings.... I do experienced the same comment like BlackMage but added with harsh words and bonus word like "You NEVER couldn't do anything with my drawings nor making income" and one more is my 10 artwork being burned by my friends because of jealousy, it's all happen 4 years ago..... (You know those words..)..Well, I don't want to gain sympathy or anything, I'm sharing my experiences long ago...

Now, I don't hold any grudges, nor anything since I don't like those things.. But, as BlackMage said, it's a discussion, exchanging opinion, critiques and advice of two artist (BlackMage did said this message addressed to ONLY me, not others) and I'm also a tutor and have many things to learn from everyone. To me, what BlackMage said it's very normal rather than you go working in the Animation company as I did (not long..), A British Art Director (I forgot his name), I would say, just imagine those hellish words being thrown and your art like this being ripped off in front of you without any second guess...Worse and to the point of exploding yourself with mental stress. I smiled at it because IF he doesn't do that, I will never improved like today. So, BlackMage, I truly honestly grateful because your words opened my eyes, and FabiaFidus, I have to agree since the composition is a small issue....There a lot using like mine and it's repeatedly used, with or without realized.

I do know way long ago my skills couldn't be separated from the mainstream of Anime/Manga and the judges are you all, not mine alone. I lok to everyone opinion and artworks to see the comparison. Hahaha, actually I laugh happily because you're the 8th person says my works are BORING for 6 years I draw, as I know it's true when I see my works. Yup, I'm limiting myself as I know my limits and push bit by bit and learn through cycles of drawing, experimenting, errors, practices and back again...
One day I'll reach it, only time will tell and I keep making my artworks till then.

Hmm..same characters, I do same characters because, I know in many forums and today, many original Anime/Manga characters, stories and etc were modified and redrawn for many times until it become a new-trademark and liked by all. I do repeated drawings as EXAMPLE many Pro also remake characters like X-men in the 80's then assimilates into today time THEN, the Japanese redraw it into their own version but remain the base original ONLY with re-modified design even with a new sequel and more interesting or another one Transformers in the 80'ss with the New Michael Bay Transformers, many examples are there. In my case I want to find one true form of my own Original Characters until it can be recognized with one view...Now, I still doesn't find it and continue making it while improving other skills.

Err, I do think this will be a debate later on by many, BUT honestly, I really appreciate your comment and gratefully thank you from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps it's time for me to decide the next move. I'm stating my opinions as a respond to your comment. IF I do offending in other way, I deeply apologize since it wasn't my intentions in the first place. Thanks and I'll be sure to keep your advice and see what I can do in my next future drawings. Time to have fun and think slowly of new methods to improve. I hope to hear your comment in the future in my newest works.

FabiaFidus:-
O.o Gratefully thank you and appreciate it dearly, dearest FabiaFidus.
Yes, I'm aware of it and I took it slowly in every drawing to understand, improves also to make new things in there.
Don't worry, FabiaFidus..Scroll up and see the story, you'll understand why.

Francois_1988:-
O.o Gratefully thank you and appreciate it dearly, dearest Francois_1988.
Hahaha, I hope to do a better one with improves from everyone supports, comments and advice.
Thanks~XDD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:38 pm 
Super-Fan

Drinking: guiness... all the time.
Playing: CS:S
Hmm it seems to me, Naz is creating compositions that resemble comic book covers, or posters, and all around marketing covers and what not. Which is a good skill to have, but I agree, we gotta branch out! Show us some action, someone in the middle of a large battle fighting for his life, or a teenage girl squishing evil monkeys with a giant hammer.. something that tells a story farther than what the characters are wearing. Now, I'm no expert on manga styles, it all just looks the same to me, over simplified forms and crazy guess work on folds and other things. To me, this isn't the issue, everyone has their style, even if it resembles someone else. I will say, the main thing missing from your works.. COLOR!!! XD

Again.. good stuff.. awesome details and what not..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm 
Three-Fan

Lordsy, draw some fight scenes. I think it would be interesting to see a few from you. Because so far all I see are about to start fights and staredowns, but no punches being thrown. This is Bard by the way. xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:36 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
Omg! I think my eyes just melted cause that is HOT lolz :3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 am 
Normal-Fan

Greetings and Peace Be Upon You All,

I pray to the Almighty to Bless Everyone with Eternal Prosperity, Longevity and Tons of Blessing.
As you have known, I have return with another work, this time an Art Request by Engraver78 (http://engraver78.deviantart.com) for his White Glint of Armored Core.
Please do scroll below to see it:-

White Glint Engraver Mode

This penciling artwork was drawn on A4 with 2h pencil, 2B pencil and 2h lead mechanical pencil while listening to Touhou - Bad Apple, replay it till finish the work after more than a week.
Engraver78 requested me to draw his White Glint and I looked at the design and with big eyes I say, Oh my gosh, another challenge to push my limits.
Really, I never thought of making this design in a very big scale as I never done with... I tell myself, "Have fun, test yourself and obtain the knowledge" and perform it nonetheless.
After done it with more than a week after the day Engraver78 requested, here it is. I say to myself with both palm on my face, "What have I DONE??!! This....I'm really gonna pay for my failures *Speechless screams*"

How should I say....This is a work that shows I really need to undergo another training to improve my Mecha design, anatomy and shape.
As always, many errors and mistakes and lead to.... I can't express it, only two words, EPIC FAILURE. I can't say much, words cannot express it since I'm also speechless for now, maybe because of extreme fatigue.

But, in good way I have obtain the knowledge to perform on Mecha design and how it should be. I have done my best until it's done, that's a very important accomplishment.
Rather than done nothing and give up halfway long ago when I started drawing. Oh, The White Glint Mode I named it Engraver Mode in honoring his request.
*Look back at it* Ohoho~~ deary.... I'm really have to be prepared for my executions.... It's time or never BANZAI~~~!!!!

Everyone, please do enjoy the artwork and obtain the knowledge..
I gratefully thank you and dearly appreciate it~~X33
*See my lists* Aww dangs~~... I should've asked my Nurse to heal me...
Haha, life never bored with drawings as an artist, I'll see you all later and ENJOYS~~~!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:50 am 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
Ok, I am glad tp see you are moving away from what you are use to, the left (right if you were facing its direction) is broking. The bolt that holds the leg in shouldn't been seen by especially at the angle you have the mech at.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:22 pm 
Normal-Fan

Greetings To Everyone, MAY THE ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU ALL~~
Oh here' some of my recent arts that I couldn't upload before, enjoys~~X33:-

This pic is specially drawn as gift for KahoOkashii, my close best friend IRL and all of you, my dearest friends and family ^^
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year To HTDM ^^ !!
Done everything I can within a few weeks before X'mas, and I found the best recipe for Sasara and KahoOkashii so here it is..X33

Thank you very much to everyone for faves, comment, see, and love Sasara with KahoOkashii~~~~X33

Featuring Reah (Center), Sephiria (Right) and Commander (Left)
The Trinity Lovelies in my Artworks in 2005 - 2010.

My newest WIP of Tiberius...
Hmm..still many things to be corrected but how it will turn out after completion I'd say?

Chaptermaster Hardigen...X33

Fritzy, or another FritzGerald Odin, the Champion.

Did you all remember the Force Commander (The Gas Masked Man, behind several pages), this is his true look before assassinated, entombed inside the sarcophagus of the armor and become the Commander.

HAVE FUN~~X33

Last edited by lordsyafiq_naz87 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:23 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Listening To: Muse
Reading: Wut- Sy's new name.
Eating: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Drinking: Death
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Oho, finally uploaded the ones from Facebook, then?

Awesome, bro. CX

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next