It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

So, How am I doing?
Great! 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Your good, but not the best 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
So-so, Your getting their. 77%  77%  [ 24 ]
Bad, You need a lot of improvement : / 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Id tell you too quit but it seems you wont. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 31
 Post subject: Re: Bacon Art, C&C Very Appreciated: Smaug Finally DONE 11/1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:08 pm 
Three-Fan

Location: Wrecking your home and making you call me "New Mommy"!
Drinking: Water
Playing: teehee *blush*
I think the wings should be bigger to carry it's weight more (that can be done by drawing the wings half extended.) but he's a mighty dragon as is gj.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:04 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Listening To: Pink Floyd
Reading: Hunter X Huntter
Eating: YOU
Drinking: Sprite
Playing: Red Dead Redemption
mmm delicious drago-er a I mean excellent use of shading

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:41 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

Listening To: Why Bacon is awesome
Reading: The Bacon Cookbook
Eating: Bacon
Drinking: Liquid Bacon
Playing: Bacon Barbarian IX: The Quest for the Crispy Bacon
Thanks Psy, you're probably right.

Neo: Drago, What? Thanks?

Two new pictures, Goku and Seto Kaiba. They're lacking my usual cleanliness as I was using Posemaniacs, so I erased a lot. silly goose, Goku there was originally drawn with all the muscles and everthing. Then I went back and added clothes and erased half of the muscles... :/

Celestial-Fox wrote:
COME BAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK--

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
Bacon Barbarian wrote:
Thanks Psy, you're probably right.

Neo: Drago, What? Thanks?

Two new pictures, Goku and Seto Kaiba. They're lacking my usual cleanliness as I was using Posemaniacs, so I erased a lot. silly goose, Goku there was originally drawn with all the muscles and everthing. Then I went back and added clothes and erased half of the muscles... :/

Where's seto kaiba?

Post subject: Re: Bacon Art, C&C Very Appreciated: SJ Characters 11/29/10
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:35 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Woops.

Celestial-Fox wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm 
New-Fan

Hmmm, well, I'd say work on anatomy and faces. In your pictures, the characters seem too stout and short looking. I mean your artwork isn't bad, but with practice it's bound to get better :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:25 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

I think, the problem was I was trying to do Birds-Eye view. The problem is especially noticeable on Kaiba (FYI, my dad said the same thing about him).

Celestial-Fox wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:54 am 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
There he is :) ahhh I used to watch that show all the time :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:37 am 
New-Fan

yeah, bird's eye view can be tricky. Looking at reference of people and movies, especially when people are stepping off building's the like helps. At the moment they unfortunately just look short and stocky due to failed perspective. I'd say if we're looking down on them, their body parts would overlap one another (in the manner of foreshortening) in different ways.

You're doing well but one aspect I notice is that your lineart is all the same width/thickness. I think a little variation in line width would add immensely to the picture's overall effect.

Keep up the good work :)!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:03 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

So my dA's being a silly goose, so all I can do is link. Though, if you go and check them out, you'll notice I'm starting to get the hang of Manga Studio.

Kens (the Protagonist of the manga that's currently floating around in my head) Profile

Lady Cleo Ken's lover. Who dies. I'm a weird-o.

Celestial-Fox wrote:

Post subject: Re: Bacon Art, C&C Very Appreciated: Manga Studio Work 12/27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:30 pm 
Giga-Fan

Bacon, I owe you a redline. I know I'm not the best person to be giving these things out (and that award goes to Seefy, OC, and Rei), but I think it'll help. Plus, I need to compensate for sitting around at my computer and doing nothing but read manga and post art.

In the meantime, since I seem to have a lot of that to waste, I'll give you a critique on Ken. The redline'll be of Cleo, since it's a fullbody.

Ken looks cool, I'll give you that. There are really only two things I noticed. One, the nose. It looks like we're looking at it from 3/4. Your style is shonen-heavy, so that's actually acceptable by most standards. But it's best, I believe, to differentiate the portrait views. Make his look like it's being viewed from the front. I do that with a bit of shading at the bottom of where the nose would go, or with a dot, but in most shonen . . . *runs off and grabs a Shonen Jump mag*

One Piece: uses a vertical line to define the long part of the nose and the elongated V for the bottom, or in some cases, the line and then a dot for a nostril.
Naruto: uses nostril dots and, in some cases, lined definition of the bottom part of the nose.
Ultimo: similar to OP, but erases the middle of the lower-area definition. In some cases, uses a line and some shading to the side.
Tegami Bachi: line and nostril dots (my personal favorite style in SJ). Just a dot for some of the younger characters, or for girls.
Bleach: two small lines to define the bottom of the nose.
Yugioh GX: a small line at the bottom with some extra shading just above it.

My subscription ran out in January of 2010, so Psyren isn't in any of the ones I have. You could always use references and stuff from SJ or Google or literally any manga you have. It's all a stylistic thing in that aspect, but if something looks wrong, style doesn't enter into it.

The other thing I noticed is that his chin is just a tiny bit too far to the right and makes the face unsymmetrical. It's only, like, a few pixels, and really isn't a problem at all. You're getting the hang of MS a lot faster than I am. That reminds me . . . I need to get back into that program.

EDIT: All right! It's done.

Post subject: Re: Bacon Art, C&C Very Appreciated: Manga Studio Work 12/27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:30 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

Matt wrote:
Bacon, I owe you a redline. I know I'm not the best person to be giving these things out (and that award goes to Seefy, OC, and Rei), but I think it'll help. Plus, I need to compensate for sitting around at my computer and doing nothing but read manga and post art.

I liked your Red Line just fine.

Matt wrote:
Ken looks cool, I'll give you that. There are really only two things I noticed. One, the nose. It looks like we're looking at it from 3/4. Your style is shonen-heavy, so that's actually acceptable by most standards. But it's best, I believe, to differentiate the portrait views. Make his look like it's being viewed from the front. I do that with a bit of shading at the bottom of where the nose would go, or with a dot, but in most shonen . . . *runs off and grabs a Shonen Jump mag*

One Piece: uses a vertical line to define the long part of the nose and the elongated V for the bottom, or in some cases, the line and then a dot for a nostril.
Naruto: uses nostril dots and, in some cases, lined definition of the bottom part of the nose.
Ultimo: similar to OP, but erases the middle of the lower-area definition. In some cases, uses a line and some shading to the side.
Tegami Bachi: line and nostril dots (my personal favorite style in SJ). Just a dot for some of the younger characters, or for girls.
Bleach: two small lines to define the bottom of the nose.
Yugioh GX: a small line at the bottom with some extra shading just above it.

Duely noted, ... a lot of Jump Artists have influenced my style (as someone said I actually had a style, I can't remember who though.)

Matt wrote:
The other thing I noticed is that his chin is just a tiny bit too far to the right and makes the face unsymmetrical. It's only, like, a few pixels, and really isn't a problem at all. You're getting the hang of MS a lot faster than I am. That reminds me . . . I need to get back into that program.

Well, I'd take your compliment, but that was actually drawn by hand an edited in MS. Slip of the hand when inking led to that mess up.

Matt wrote:
EDIT: All right! It's done.

Man, just. Thanks. I am very, VERY grateful. I owe you a red line (though mine wouldn't be very good at all) or some seriously major-insightful crit (if I can pull it off).

I know the site is going to die soon, but I think I'll continue to post here. And So I present to you: Anko, of Naruto. (As per usual, dA is being a silly goose, and wont let me download images properly.)

Celestial-Fox wrote:

Post subject: Re: Bacon Art, C&C Very Appreciated: Anko Fan Art 1/5/11
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 am 
Giga-Fan

Quote:
Duely noted, ... a lot of Jump Artists have influenced my style (as someone said I actually had a style, I can't remember who though.)

Artists can usually start to see a style forming by the time they've been drawing for a week, but solidifying it takes years. So yeah, you've got a style.

Now onto Anko! You're still better in MS than me (I played in it yesterday, tried to draw Miri, failed big time). But the lines on the eyes, I believe, are too thin compared to the face and hair. Makes it look like the face was an afterthought. At least thicken the top lashes/lines. It should give her more individuality and make the design look more solid (and more pro). I like the way the angle turned out, though.

Quote:
Lady Cleo Ken's lover. Who dies. I'm a weird-o.

Killing a character doesn't make you a weirdo, by the way. It ups the intensity in almost any story and is a great tool for writers when used properly.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9