It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kamij's attempt at art, thread!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:56 pm 
New-Fan

Greetings everyone,

I was once a fellow MT member ages ago, but drifted away as uni work got in the way.

As I haven't drawn in a while I decided to whip out the ol' graphic tablet to get back into drawing. And what better way to show off my doodles, by posting them on here for you guys and gals to take a gander.

Below is a drawing I did today. Criticism is very much appreciate, be as harsh as you want, as I'm wanting to work on my weaknesses to improve :D

Post subject: Re: Kamij's attempt at art, thread!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 am 
Three-Fan

Listening To: The dog snoring and the heater warming up
Reading: Ooku: The Inner Chambers
Eating: My own words
Drinking: Sweet Nectar of Success
Playing: *A Love Game*
I like the detail in the neckline, and his face. I like the hair style, like the length, but I think you need to work a bit on making the hair look a little more natural. It may have been done on purpose, but the coloring's out of the lines, too.

I do like the design over all! I especially like the detail in the brows.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:02 am 
Normal-Fan

Location: I don't know, but I really need someone to come and get me out of here...
Hi

If you mirror the picture you will most likely find some errors in the symmetri, this is done easy if you work digitally. (Function often called "flip horizontal" or something similar)

About the hair: I would have either drawn the hair by grouping a lot of strands together into "bigger" strands, or made a lot of smaller ones. Like
this: http://www.icv2.com/images/48401FullMet ... 1dvdlg.jpg
or this: http://stormantic.files.wordpress.com/2 ... -anna1.jpg

(oh, and just to make it clear (though I'm getting more and more confused myself); this part about the hair was regaring the outlines within the general hair outline)

Everything I haven't commented on = Good job

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:50 pm 
New-Fan

Blue_Dragon_7: Thanks :), Yeah, hair isn't my strongest area. I did another one below, which I think might look more natural? The colouring was done really quickly, so not the best lol

Rubisko: Thanks, I had a go at flipping it, and it helped a bit :) I think hair is definitely one of my weaker areas. although I gave it another go and I think it's turned out ok this time

Thanks for the feedback :)

Here's a sketch of a monster I did today while doodling and another sketch of a dude looking in the same direction lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:57 pm 
Three-Fan

Location: Wrecking your home and making you call me "New Mommy"!
Drinking: Water
Playing: teehee *blush*
(I will come back and edit this a bit layer cuz I'm not on a computer so I can only name what I remember) @the first pic up top.
I like this pic and all it needs is a few tweeks to be awesome and a little refinement. The ear needs work because there is no earlobe and what looks like the tragus is huge and needs to be shrunk.
The hair is throwing me off because with a shaggy haircut like that the longest hair strands will be at the top (unless it's a mullet) and the shortest are those at the bottom near the neck and shoulders. I think any out of place hairs that kinda stick out should be lower so that it shows a more even and smooth haircut/style.
The coloring just needs to be cleaned up and trimed back a bit so you get the full effect of the hair and it's more defined. Good work tho more soon please.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 pm 
New-Fan

Psy: Thanks for the feedback, I've made the suggestions made and tweaked the face slightly, I think it looks a lot better now :D

Also did a simple colour to the other dude to see how we would look, might tidy him up later

Edit: Made a few tweaks such as side of face and eyes/mouth he looks more feminine now

Edit2: Had a go at colouring it :)

Edit3: Was bored and doodled this lol

Edit4: Some new sketches I did today

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 pm 
New-Fan

Just doodled this

Edit: Tried colouring in, but I think I failed lol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:10 pm 
Normal-Fan

i like the coloring but maybe blend it a little? '
also for the guy wwith the fire, the proportions are a little off. his shoulders seem not broad enough and theyre a little spikey =D also, the part right below his pectorals should extend a little further back but altogether your art is really good!! keep at it my d00d!! (PS: absolutely love the varying of the line widths!!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]