It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New guy here, name's brooklynwolf, and here is my art
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:52 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

1 word for this.

Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:16 am 
New-Fan

Wow! LOVE UR STYLE! U are really good in drawing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:40 am 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
kyo and jubeh, you get a + in my book.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:29 am 
Naughty-Fan

damn gud @_@

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:32 am 
New-Fan

Finally drew something new.

It's a bit rushed. Under the weather, and drawing Hulk was stressful. I never drew so much muscle definition before. Working on the big green guy was a chore to be honest.

anyway, i'm a lazy artist haha, so there isn't much shading. hope you guys like this.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:39 am 
Super-Fan

Hohoho, awesome stuff there man.

Whilst I have to say the characters are awesome, I can't help but shake the feeling that these are merely two images pasted over each other :\
This is probably due to the fact that it seems to be that Goku is crashing into his arm rather than his chest which in my mind causes some logic conflicts.

But still, an awesome piece :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 am 
Naughty-Fan

Reference much?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:45 am 
New-Fan

Lucifer wrote:
Hohoho, awesome stuff there man.

Whilst I have to say the characters are awesome, I can't help but shake the feeling that these are merely two images pasted over each other :\
This is probably due to the fact that it seems to be that Goku is crashing into his arm rather than his chest which in my mind causes some logic conflicts.

But still, an awesome piece :D

heh, i know what you mean. the problem with drawing the hulk is...he's too damned big and takes up most of the page haha. not gonna lie, i had a real hard time drawing him. originally, most of goku's fist was hidden behind hulk's bicep, also, it was further away. so i made it a little closer, but realized hulk's muscles would still cover most of goku's fist...

so i drew the fist over the bicep, i guess to try and make it a bit more raw and dangerous...

thanks for looking though =D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:46 am 
New-Fan

doghateburger wrote:
Reference much?

for the hulk, yes. i never drew him before.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:54 am 
Naughty-Fan

Well, in general your art is good, however one thing I've come to notice about your Fan art are that most of them look like image stills of screen shots or illustration. Now don't get me wrong, only reason I'm saying this is that most of the character looks like their original artist's style, and some pose look familiar. If you wanna do a fan art, try to move out of your comfort zone more often, try drawing the character in different poses, or in situations we've never seen before. It kinda gives that fan work originality, know what I'm saying?

But your inking methods are good. I do hope to see some originals from you though, from what I see, I think there is potential. C:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 pm 
New-Fan

doghateburger wrote:
Well, in general your art is good, however one thing I've come to notice about your Fan art are that most of them look like image stills of screen shots or illustration. Now don't get me wrong, only reason I'm saying this is that most of the character looks like their original artist's style, and some pose look familiar. If you wanna do a fan art, try to move out of your comfort zone more often, try drawing the character in different poses, or in situations we've never seen before. It kinda gives that fan work originality, know what I'm saying?

But your inking methods are good. I do hope to see some originals from you though, from what I see, I think there is potential. C:

thanks for the comments.

well, for the fan art, i always try to maintain the original artists style. as for poses, well, i don't know what to say to that. i did try to give them poses that i wanna see them in, if they end up looking familiar, well, how many different poses can someone draw to be honest? not trying to pick a fight with you or to defend myself, because in all seriousness, i in NO way consider myself a good or exceptional artist. but if i'm respecting and staying true to the original artist, i might as well give them poses that make sense for the character.

i mean, i guess i can try to draw naruto in a spiderman pose....but to me, that doesn't look right. know what i mean? i know i'd run the risk of having someone 'accuse' me of 'copying'. but rest assured, no copying is being done here.

as for inking, hehe, sorry, most of the art that was scanned, i just used the art prog that came with the scanner and brightened it up and cleaned up excess lines.

as for originals, i made a post earlier saying that i'm not too comfortable posting original art work. for what it's worth, the closest thing to seeing 'original' art from me would be the most recent drawings of the capcom/snk characters. that's all me and not trying to mimic any artist.

and thanks for the compliment though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:13 pm 
New-Fan

oh and one more thing to add, i guess i never saw it that way, giving them familiar poses and what have you.

i thought by mashing characters from different worlds would be considered original, but i guess it's something i could work on.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:03 pm 
Naughty-Fan

:o :lol:
I like your fanart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:10 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Amazing,

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:56 am 
New-Fan

thanks =)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next