It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

I think my works are worth $1, I give you the chance to increase the price!
+$1 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
+$5 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
+$10 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
+$20 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
+$50 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: The Obituary [Farewell to the Dead] \o
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:53 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Hello, welcome to my thread again
It seems that this will be my third thread, and perhaps I still haven't quite progressed with my art. I guess I should stick around more >.>
I believe it's been quite some time since I last showed up here

Anyway, here's an image I did just awhile ago, not a good enough image to start my thread, but oh well...
It's not as if I can do anything better anyway >.>

Title: Red Blood, Blue Moon
Character: Raij (OC)
-First of all, I must say I'm quite amazed I was able to draw this one character of mine close enough to how I imagine him to look like >.<
-It sucks lesser this time around, probably >.>
-He looks like this last time I drew him
-I have problems drawing blood
-No eye shines, clearly he is in a moment were putting such things will make him look like a sissy >.>
-His hair is supposed to be white and really messy, well I tried anyway
-The third layer of his cloak is supposed to be blood stained white, if it doesn't, kindly notify how I can make it look near as such

===================FLASHBACK=======================
This portion of my firspost will be reserved for images I have done in the past. Just for reference and for the lol. Do not crit them, I will kill you xD. I'm already too ashamed to post them again even xD

This was one of the few images I've done that was contained in my very first post when I first joined MT (Thus my first thread for the record)
Done around 2007, I'll post the others here when I get the scanner back
OC: Fatima
-her design has evolved through the years, she is now fully covered. xD But she gets naked when in succubus form anyway >...>

-this is how I used to draw, my current method is very much messy...thus I downgraded from the fixed frame to the arbitrary entropic frame that I developed.

OC: Elsbeth
-her design has also evolved through the ages, it has become more leafy and edible
-this was my first cg, done in paint and mouse

I'll be editing this again when I get back. Sate yourselves with this for now, and see that I did not improve much in the span of 3 years

Last edited by Obitual Crow on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Obituary
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:38 am 
Mega-Fan

Location: It doesn't matter where I am; it's how I got in your house that matters
Listening To: Something Japanese
Reading: Fanfictions
Drinking: Chocolate milk
That's awesome. o_o

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 am 
New-Fan

Very nice piece. I really like the coloring. Although the blood does seem to defy all laws of physics.

I think if you wanted to make the blood more realistic you would need to just have some dripping down his chest to his abdomen. The sword would be acting as a plug to keep it from squirting out like you have it. If this is right when the sword went through, then there could be some blood spraying out from the back, but you probably wouldn't see that from this angle.

The cloak looks decent, although I wouldn't have guessed it to be blood stained. Maybe to make it look closer to this you could have some fresh stains that have defined outlines (and him stabbing himself would probably warrant some fresh stains). Have those layered over some older looking, less defined, and washed out stains.

Hopefully I'm making sense. I definitely like the coloring and overall execution of the piece. Please post some more stuff. :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:50 am 
Crazy-Fan

Whoa. Saved.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:05 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Good lines. I assume the blood isn't supposed to be realistic, so I'll skip over that. The color choices are very good, but the shading nedds some work. Right now it's very blurry and gives minimal visual information to the viewer regarding the forms of the shapes. Try making harder shadows and highlights to remedy this. Great pic, though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:29 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Listening To: Muse
Reading: Wut- Sy's new name.
Eating: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Drinking: Death
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Sweet work!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:29 pm 
New-Fan

You use to be one of my favorite artists here! I was sad when you stopped posting art; but this one looks great. No complaints.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:32 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Am I the only one who seriously doesn't remember this dude. XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 am 
Naughty-Fan

awesome stuff Oo like ur coloring style but a few hard shadows would be cool i guess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:56 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

"Holy !@#$" is what i said when i saw it lmao the only thing that bugs me is the blood. now the blood isnt bad i cant tell if its gushing or spraying or changing into something. what i mean its you have the long spicky blood like spraying, witch is what it would do if you just stabed youself but you got the curvy gushing blood to the side. and the groups of long spiky blood looks more souled then liquide. i mabey puting btakes in the streams would help that

idk but thats what i saw. and if you got time, mind giving me some pointers? ^w^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:27 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

goggy
Thanks, that means a lot because I don't draw male characters much

Nisaren
Thanks for the tip, I did indicate blood dripping on his chest however since Raij is pretty much in full control of his blood, not much is wasted and so fresh blood stains on his cloak wouldn't mean much and the blood on his cloak is not his own blood. The problem I am facing is how to show that the blood has a life of its own and thus moves on its own and pretty much forced by Raij out of his body by force whilst multi tasking into converting blood into bristles and orbs.

Sottaceti
What did you mean saved? o_0

CelestialFox
Okay I'll remember to make the shades a bit darker and keep away from the airbrush tool...

Renzokuken
Thanks

Mancz
Hello there, I remember you as well
I stopped posting or doing art mainly because I think I suck at improving and gave up trying to all the way >.>
Sadly, I'm assuming I have reached my plateau, pretty much easy to see if you compare my works now to what I had last year...all the same

CelestialFox
That's sad. Initials alone should have revealed that already. T____T

insaneArt
Thanks, in truth, I pretty much didn't know how to put solid shades here because 1) I don't draw even less color male characters 2) I have no experience coloring using the selected colors...that's also why only the skin recieves much attention

xX_TODDZILLA_Xx
That's pretty much the idea I want to impose with the blood, since Raij uses his blood to generate his array (ar-se-nal is filtered ftw) of weaponry and have pretty much mastered its use, he is capable of doing many forms of its use all at the same time. Well maybe I should just have concentrated on him creating mass amounts of of blood needles and probably have looked more imposing than he could already be.
Pointers? I pretty much suck at critiquing and no one really listens aside from Sutari who has pretty much become a god now in my absence xD
That's why I stopped critiquing two years ago >.>
Though I still accept personal consultation if you believe that my critiques are worth 10 minutes of your life

WIP
-Monster Hunter fanart
-Kaiser X armor female version just so you know it is not my own design >.>
-However because it is pixelated in my psp, I tweaked some parts that I can't comprehend so this is pretty much, my interpretation of the armor
-I also removed some parts/details to give better loli factor though I indicated them in the base sketch >:D
-I am notorious for not finishing a work I revealed as a wip so now that I posted this, it faces the threat of permanently becoming a wip xD
-I'm thinking if I should expand the canvas lengthwise to give space to the legs because that part of the armor is just as awesome as the arm guards
-Wasn't thinking about proportions or anatomy, basically I just drew her in armor and not even bother if the stuff is correct...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:10 pm 
Three-Fan

I like it :D. Do you change the opacity for your lines or are you just not chosing your blackest black for your lineart. (Sorry kinda new to this stuff)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:34 pm 
Naughty-Fan

Wait, I remember this style. It's very good. Very very good.

Did you use to have another username? Mr...Something. I don't quite remember...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

The only thing that tipped me off about your identity was that last picture you posted. XD
*Alzheimer's*

Good job on it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:05 pm 
Super-Fan

Location: I was born outside of the box.. and they won't let me in D= (joined: July 20, 2008)
Reminds me of Muzi stuff lol. Really good.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next