It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Closing Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:38 pm 
Giga-Fan

@Rio - Aah, new options. I didn't see those. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm 

Rio wrote:
@Jubeh
Like I mentioned, notifications don't pop up. The only way is to activate the forum PMs and have two separate PM systems running in the site which may confuse people.

I know why it isn't there. Im just saying the forum needs it. Even the forum 4 years ago had something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:17 pm 
Three-Fan

Listening To: The dog snoring and the heater warming up
Reading: Ooku: The Inner Chambers
Eating: My own words
Drinking: Sweet Nectar of Success
Playing: *A Love Game*
Did people like this version of the forum when it was first put to use? I wasn't here when the change was implemented.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Dragon: I HAAAAATED this first upgrade when it came out, but that's 'cause the layout was so terrible. But then Rio fixed it and made it prettier and less confusing, so yeah. :D Yay.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:32 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

CypressDahlia wrote:
"Why not?" is an equally valid question. This is primarily an art site and the new forum leans more toward the purpose of building a strong community of artists. TBH, I think that's just fine. Not that non-artists matter less, considering there is much more to MT than just drawing; but, honestly, let's not lose sight of what this website is about.

The new forum suits me just fine. I don't like how it LOOKS (which is easily amendable), but everything else is okay in my book. The crit-intensive Artist Alley is particularly nice, IMO. We have a pretty crit-intensive GB so this is a complement. Besides, a forum is made of the people who populate it. If you all just move over to the new one, you have old MT. So what's there to complain about again?

And please don't say "newbies" because, compared to some members, a lot of the "oldbies" here are "newbies" and I can still barely tolerate them.

I agree the new forum is better to upload and show your work. But that don't change my point of "just drawing". So I think people might get more close to just upload stuffs than participate in the forum.

Also the forum has becoming a distraction.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:35 pm 
Lucky-Fan

Listening To: Lamb of God
Reading: Your lame posts
Drinking: Coke
Playing: World of Warcraft
I'll be a happy man when there's quick links down the bottom of the page. You know how at the top it says "Board index >> The Commons >> General Discussion"? Yeah, it's down the bottom on this site and not there. Do you know how much I use the bottom one? D:

And Synn. Cyp demolished you just then. It's called Manga Tutorials.

Tutorial = "a class in which a tutor gives intensive instruction in some subject to an individual student or a small group of students."
Tutorial =/= "a fan basis of anime site that simply has a section for just showing off things you have drawn."

I honestly don't think you know what words mean, because mate, this is an art site for Japan obsessed teens to sit there and say "L0OK WUT I DREW LOL. ITS JUST LIKE NARUTO-CHAN BUT HES HAVEING SEX WIHT SASUKE-CHAN LOL. IM GONNA GO FAP NAO LOL"

And just in case you decide to argue this, let me clear it up for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:18 am 
Three-Fan

Hey, man, in the end, I'd just be happy to see most of you on the new forum, once this one goes down lol. If anything, it would preserve the community aspect of old MT, at least. Also, Aether, apparently I don't know enough about Abstract Expressionism for him to bother with me. Let the Art God that is Synnworld pore over his high school textbooks some more so he can hit us with some knowledge. Lawl.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:48 pm 
Founder

Aether wrote:
I'll be a happy man when there's quick links down the bottom of the page. You know how at the top it says "Board index >> The Commons >> General Discussion"? Yeah, it's down the bottom on this site and not there. Do you know how much I use the bottom one? D:
Yeah, I use bottom links as well and I find I have to scroll back up to go back. I'll see what I can do about that and fiddle with the template.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2