It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: New around these forums.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:10 pm 
New-Fan

Listening To: Pokemon Remix Studio on youtube/8-bit Music
Reading: Manga
Playing: Games
Hello, so my name's Red.

I'm actually here, because I took an intrest into drawing learning everything I can.
I'm just praticing with the heads/adding detail to the heads(Hair/Eyes/Lips/Chin/etc.)

I wish I could upload some of my drawings to show you guys.(I need a tablet. >_>)
And I don't have a scanner. -_-

So aside from that, I play games, watch anime and listen to music also.
So, from games like SSBB, I play flash games similar to this.
Like for example: Super Smash Flash 2.

And I'm one of the members of the SFBR(Smash Flash Back Room) where we decide what's legal/legit in the game, in terms of competitive play.
I go to smash boards(I just joined there yesterday...), to talk about Smash, with the entire community.(There are many members there.)

I also have JUS, Mario Kart wii, Naruto: Clash of the Ninja rev. 3, and much more.(I don't feel like listing them all. :p)

So aside from all of that, I have one question.
Is it normal to get Trojans from DevianArt?

I mean, every time I go there, I get one, so I was just wondering.

Post subject: Re: New around these forums.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 pm 
Founder

Hey Red! Welcome to the site! It's always good to have another gamer here. We've got some avid ones here, myself included.

If you have a digital camera, you can post your artwork. That's what some people do when they submit their artwork to me. The quality is not that good at times but at least people can view it.

As for trojans in DA - this is the first time I've heard about it. It's never; :knocks on wood: ; happened to me before. Maybe you should do a scan on your computer and make sure you don't already have something bad on your PC and it's not DA that's causing it...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:22 pm 
New-Fan

Rio wrote:
Hey Red! Welcome to the site! It's always good to have another gamer here. We've got some avid ones here, myself included.

If you have a digital camera, you can post your artwork. That's what some people do when they submit their artwork to me. The quality is not that good at times but at least people can view it.

As for trojans in DA - this is the first time I've heard about it. It's never; :knocks on wood: ; happened to me before. Maybe you should do a scan on your computer and make sure you don't already have something bad on your PC and it's not DA that's causing it...
Well, the Trojans come, and something other than Norton(My protective software) install on my computer.(The software's name is Think Point)

Even when there is absolutely nothing wrong with this computer, it acts like there is something wrong with it.

And it completely blocks out IE, and then I have to uninstall it.(Even though I didn't want it to be installed in the first place.)

Yeah, I actually started drawing two months ago. I'm taking it really slow, and using every amount of time I have to practice.(Study block ftw.)
I'm only working with heads atm.
I'll practice all the other things when I feel I'm ready.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:29 pm 
Founder

Red wrote:
Well, the Trojans come, and something other than Norton(My protective software) install on my computer.(The software's name is Think Point)

Even when there is absolutely nothing wrong with this computer, it acts like there is something wrong with it.

And it completely blocks out IE, and then I have to uninstall it.(Even though I didn't want it to be installed in the first place.)
I've heard of those kinds of trojans before. It's actually not the worst I've come across so you're lucky, imo. You should try doing a system restore to an earlier point in time. I would suggest a week or so before you started getting the trojan.

If that doesn't work, I suggest getting the free version of Malwarebytes. It usually can pick up and destroy viruses and such. If you cannot install or run Malwarebytes, run your computer on safe-mode with networking and install and run Malwarebytes that way.

Anyways, it's good you're taking it one and at time. There's some people who get so impatient that they zip through everything and never really learn. If you have any questions, drop by the Drawing, Tutorials & Animation section here that the site. C:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 pm 
New-Fan

Rio wrote:
Red wrote:

I've heard of those kinds of trojans before. It's actually not the worst I've come across so you're lucky, imo. You should try doing a system restore to an earlier point in time. I would suggest a week or so before you started getting the trojan.

If that doesn't work, I suggest getting the free version of Malwarebytes. It usually can pick up and destroy viruses and such. If you cannot install or run Malwarebytes, run your computer on safe-mode with networking and install and run Malwarebytes that way.

Anyways, it's good you're taking it one and at time. There's some people who get so impatient that they zip through everything and never really learn. If you have any questions, drop by the Drawing, Tutorials & Animation section here that the site. C:
Hmm, I'll try that. : D
---
Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Playing: Life isn't a game. Its a place for fun.
Welcome to MT red :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 pm 
Three-Fan

Listening To: The dog snoring and the heater warming up
Reading: Ooku: The Inner Chambers
Eating: My own words
Drinking: Sweet Nectar of Success
Playing: *A Love Game*
Hello.

Hope you find what you're looking for--tutorial and the like.

Cheers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]