It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Siliva's Artwork - Revival! Siliva's 10,000th return (9/
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:52 pm 
New-Fan

Sutari wrote:
I like the new outfit for the female character! Its interesting to see other artists flesh out their ideas. Also, sorry I havent been commenting for a while =_=

Dun worry about it. I haven't exactly been posting a whole lot, either. XD Glad you like the new outfit. Though I can't take all the credit. The editor for my manga did the basic design, and I added in stuff here and there.

Bacon Barbarian wrote:
You draw really clean if your school drawings are that well done. All my school done art is super smudgy.

Hah, thanks, but my drawings at school aren't all that clean. There are a lot of other people who can draw amazing straight lines. *__* But I like my sketchy style. Pfft, who needs clean line art?

Celestial-Fox wrote:
I really like the way you shade hair. That, and the shapes of it are very organic and flowy. (Except, of course, when you're channeling in some YGO! and make it all spiky. :D) I think you need to watch out a little bit with the legs and heads, though. You have a tendency to make the legs a little too short and the heads a little too small.

Thanks! I wasn't really confident with the way I pencil shade hair, since I don't do hair shading all that well. I've recently learned that a wood pencil works better for than kind of stuff than the mechanical pencils I use! Also, anatomy tip taken to heart. Thank you!

Wow, 2 posts in the same month? I've been drawing like crazy lately, so here's a rather large dump of stuff.

A sketch for Art class, the topic was showing action...I don't think this really shows action in the way my teacher meant, but I got a 100 anyway. XD

Drawing I derped of Yami Yugi. There's SO MANY things wrong with this...but I'll post it anyway. Bad anatomy is bad. >__<

A self portrait of sorts. I got glasses a few weeks ago, and a few friends joked that I looked like a wizard. So, here there ya go. Wish I could have drawn on an epic beard though...

Just something of my characters Sakima and Azuki. Sakima's in his first outfit, but Azuki's in the second one for some reason. >_>

And the next 6 are me silly goose around with the colors of Azuki's new outfit. The first one is the one I really want, the rest are just me experimenting with different color combinations.

FFFFFFF I just realized the legs are all too short on those last six...dammit...

Post subject: Re: Siliva's Artwork - Taking a sketch dump on your face! (9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:19 am 
Crazy-Fan

I like the cell shading on the skin.

Post subject: Re: Siliva's Artwork - Taking a sketch dump on your face! (9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:23 pm 
Three-Fan

Listening To: Ashes-Socialburn
Reading: My Freshman Year by Rebekah Nathan (for english)
Eating: babies
Drinking: booze
Playing: persona 4
You're a messy sketcher! Like me! Yaaaaaaaay!

But anyways, I think the one crit I have is the neck looks rather odd in your self portrait. There isn't too much shape to it so it's making it look really thick in appearance. There should be at least a slight curve around where the back of the head ends and the neck begins. Hopefully I helped.

Keep up the good work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2