It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

I think my works are worth $1, I give you the chance to increase the price!
+$1 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
+$5 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
+$10 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
+$20 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
+$50 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Re: The Obituary
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:16 am 
Devilish-Fan

Eating: you out.
You coloured that foot beautifully. You have definately improved.

Welcome back, OC. Really missed you. :]

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:58 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Obitual Crow wrote:
Good eyes CF, it seems that I did forgot to put a third shade for the skin like I usually do...must be because of my bad eyesight that it looked dark enough form me >.....>

Haha, I know exactly what you're talking about! When I draw at night, my eyes get a little weird and I don't do half the amount of shading that I need to do because it looks dark enough. When I wake up in the morning, I always have so much more work to do, even if at night I thought I was finished.

And what the--? why would you ever need that many layers?! XD I really like the window lightning and the dark little eyes at the right. I think that the curtain would be more transparent with that amount of light flooding through it.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:58 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Linz
Thank you linz, I missed you as well xD

Celestial-Fox
Lol, now that explains why >.....<, I should've let it wait then...otl =____=
Many layers because I'm afraid of having to redo everything xD. About the curtain, How am I supposed to make it look transparent? The only way I can think of is to make another layer (LOL) on top of it that has low opacity eh...pretty much I don't know what to do after that (I haven't really done anything that involves transparent colors)

WIP
-Tried something with the wings but I'm not so sure if I positioned it right anyway xD
-feel free to crit it but I'm not going to redo the wings >.....>
-Also, I tried to make the feathers look like her hair so before you even tell me how a feather looks like, I already know because I major in Biology xD, this is but an artistic choice
-changed her facial experssion so she would look more intimidating

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:52 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Eating: you out.
Again, a beautiful drawing from you. ;A;

As for the facial expression, i'm not sure what you're wanting/portraying. You changed it to make it more intimidating, but yet I don't feel intimidated by her gaze. Don't get me wrong, her face is beautiful XD but i'm just not sure what look you're going for.

I absolutely LOVE the wings. They look so pretty! Even though you said you wanted them to look like her hair, you've still made them look feathery. Excellent work~ Can't wait to see this coloured. ;D

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:46 pm 
Three-Fan

that commission. you dont charge enough. that would at least be $25.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:24 am 
Naughty-Fan

You're as good as always my man! Love the details on the dress.....wait a minute.. Touhou! D8<

======================
WARNING WARNING WARNING
======================

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Linz
Thanks...well I guess I personally find smiling girls intimidating xD, I was just going for some sort of mix between seriousness, playfulness and scheming all at the same time >...>. The wings would probably look more like hair after I colored them xD hopefully >.....<

Jake
Hmm, well as far as art is valued here in my area, $5 is already expensive specially for a commission. Art is not highly regarded here otl. I opened commission actually selling my level of stuff for $2 but I didn't get any customers actually lol T_T so that's why my stuff is not worth $1 here xD. Sad but true. I have no means for accepting cross-border commission yet so selling my stuff at that price is really impossible.

doghateburger
Lol, she's gonna nuke you if you don't update regularly xD.

WIP
-here's a sneak peek
-I'm trying to develop this unevenly spectacular balance of hard and soft shade, it kinda assumes the vector pattern lamo effect but not completely xD, besides, I don't know how to do vectors so everything is done manually

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 am 
Fan's-Fan

Listening To: Muse
Wooooooooooaaaaaaah :O It's looking great so far.
What program are you using to color it? (sorry if you've said this somewhere >_>; )

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

awesome man another awesome drawing. but i have to ask. whats all that stuff around her legs? there cool but its hard to figure out what there for. the wings are vary well done to. idk about the hair looking like wings but its cool anyways

OH and the feathers for hair reminds me of this one manga. "Silvery Crow" is what its called. you read it? well i have a link here. maybe it might help you

http://www.onemanga.com/Silvery_Crow/1/76-76/

its a cool manga but it was way to short XP they could have put alot more into it lol. But anyways i hope it helps ^^

Edit: wow awesome coloring. you up that up befor i could send this about you last pic lol. but anyways vary cool

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:19 am 
Giga-Fan

Honestly. That is awesome. You gotta show me how to do wings someday.

Your lineart and coloring both stand out from others on the site, and to top it off, the style my favorite on the site. I really can't critique till I get better, so I hope this kinda comment is okay till then.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:11 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

NTop
Sai, it is the ultimate weapon

xX_TODDZILLA_Xx
Wow, thanks for that manga...I have something new to read xD (I do not actively look for manga afterall)
Also about the character...well she is Utsuho Reiuji, reasons for her design are stated on her backstory way at the bottom of that page. In short, she nukes people xD.

Matt
Thanks mon, and it's fine with me, I can understand your point of view after all. Also, I'm aware that the coloring god's of MT have gone missing, iccy is back though but not for long...the others I don't know T_T

HA! I will keep this thread in the first page, that is the challenge I impose on myself so BUMP!!

Redesign: Matt's character, don't know her name
-I was in a strap frenzy when I was doing this xD

Redesign: iDreame's character, don't know her name
-I really liked how this turned out xD
-I was testing some fabric designs and perhaps her dress had the best major components that it was easy to incorporate stuff

Redesign: alienninja's character, don't know her name
-I'm aware that this is impossible, this was just for the lol of mine anyway...pretty interesting idea of alienninja, and also pretty hard to pull off
-Also mimicking Houden Eizou's style but I failed and ended up Tony Taka...haha

Just so you know, I improved my draws quite a lot doing fanarts, I think I'll improve by doing this kinds of things also...pimping other people's works xD

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm 
Normal-Fan

Love the redisign of Matts character, the outfit owns.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:32 pm 
Three-Fan

Hehe I really think you should mimick Houden Eizou more often. I still need to finish that drawing I've got from your redline >.<. Been out of it lately. Also think I'mma use Sai instead of GIMP now to be like you lol. Keep up the good work dood. The pose is one of the reason (why I didn't finish it), really is hard to pull off. Got lucky I think. Also that's just a random anime girl.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:29 am 
Giga-Fan

Her name's Naomi, and you portrayed her way better than I could. She's supposed to be a mercenary. (who thinks too much armor gets in the way) :3

Awesome job on all three redesigns.

*Runs off to check Mr. OC's DA*

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:57 am 
Fan's-Fan

Listening To: DJ Changsta
Reading: This post
Eating: Starburst
Drinking: nty
Obitual Crow wrote:
Redesign: iDreame's character, don't know her name
-I really liked how this turned out xD
-I was testing some fabric designs and perhaps her dress had the best major components that it was easy to incorporate stuff

Just so you know, I improved my draws quite a lot doing fanarts, I think I'll improve by doing this kinds of things also...pimping other people's works xD

*drools* Your drawing style paired with a medieval-ish theme = omegawsh *nosebleed*

I'm declaring myself your number one fan. :'D I looove your drawing style. The way you draw eyes reminds me of the way I always wanted to draw them, with the slight, very slight, curve on the upper eyelid and eyelashes that were straight and thick. I really, REALLY look forward to seeing more of your work. You're my motivation to try harder :D I will get to your skill level of over 9000 >:D

And if you ever wanna draw some other characters, I have plenty lol. XD

Also, her name is Epitome. I like unique names :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next