It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

I think my works are worth $1, I give you the chance to increase the price!
+$1 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
+$5 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
+$10 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
+$20 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
+$50 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: Re: The Obituary: Needs Reply ASAP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:02 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Listening To: Blue Sky Black Death
Reading: Let The Right One In
Drinking: Alcohol
These are amazing! I’m guessing you use Photoshop? I’m envious of Photoshop masters lol
I used it for the first time at college this week, then gave up after ten minutes haha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:02 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Though I'm about to disappear again, I just find it right to atleast reply one last time >.....>

@Matt
Yes yes, thank you

@ozzarharwood
I realized that too but well the detail is too hard for me @________@

@Liebe
Thanks. However I don't really find my stuff breathtaking >......<

@TheWarden
Yes I think so too Dx

@Renzokuken
The girl actually because I'm more of a minimalist really

@GunZet
Lol, I think the radar getting your attention really explains your personality a lot xD

@Celestial-Fox
That's exactly how I feel for A and I really favor B more because well besides it being easier, it is more stylistically attractive

@Sutari
You're way better than me dude :P

@Takeru
To be precise, I used Sai and Photoshop but PS was only used for gradients and filters, bulk of the coloring was done in Sai

To be fair,
It's not that complete though, but this is as much as time permits me to accomplish D:
Also, sorry for the blockade, it has to be done.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Whoa, this is really, reallly good work. How long did it take you to make that picture?

The color and composition of that last one really reminded me of Hatsune Miku - inspiration perhaps or maybe just coincidence? xD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:54 am 
Giga-Fan

That one's a lot better. Dunno why, but it just looks cooler than the last two.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:57 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
I really like this one, composition is ace.
Although those blue's are a bit bright for my taste, like it's completely blazing out some of the cool details, mostly around the keyboard thing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:27 pm 
Naughty-Fan

wow cool concept

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:03 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Hamachi
Coincidence most likely, if I had seen that image before then I would've imitated it...I was looking for reference anyway Dx

Matt
Thanks, I still find errors in it though but time doesn't permit me to work on it more.

GunZet
Thanks, I can see what you're talking about but I can't seem to find a better way as I'm too bad with colors.

insaneArt
Thanks

A Commission I've been working on for some time now, I'll probably be able to finish this as school is about to end

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm 
Three-Fan

What an interesting way to paint a tree. The nearest tree trunk could use some highlights around its edges. That's all I can critique.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:30 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Yes, I'm planning to do that last together with the lineart of the character xD

After studying how faust does everything it just seems right to have the linearts as the last thing to add.
Specifically those edge highlights really worked well for that scifi image I did however I was just experimenting it then, I'll try this one with a bit of gaussian blur.

And I realized I forgot to put up what advice I was looking for. About the rays, one of my masters told me that it looks weird and after a little discussion about single slit and double slit experiments, I realized that it's hard to derive it. Anyone here who has an idea of how light rays should behave while still remaining visually appealling? >...>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:57 pm 
Three-Fan

Try using a noise brush or a texture brush to create the beams. They shouldn't be solid columns like that because most of the "light" actually is refracted from particles of dust. Therefore it should look somewhat murky. Also, there should be extra highlights on some parts of the distant trees (like you did on the leaves) where the light beams hit. Will there be more leaves in the background? Considering there is just white there for the time being (which I'm assuming is open sky), there really is no reason to have that many light beams considering most of the background would be openly exposed to light. Whereas if there were more leaves there, there would be light beams. Open sky = no light beams.

What color did you use for the light beams? Just pure white on low opacity?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:35 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

I see.

I will be covering the rest of the background with leaves then and I'll try putting in highlights on the distal tree

Yes, I used a solid white in low opacity, should I change it?

And about the light beams, basically, I should blur it more with texture to make it look more interfered?

Post subject: Re: The Obituary
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:29 pm 
Three-Fan

Yes. And a solid white might not be the best color as white tends to look very "washed out" and is too consistent. Right now, they look like brush strokes as opposed to columns of light. Near the end of the beams, you might want to mix some faint brown/blue in there. As light goes deeper into the forest, it gets more refracted and starts to take in some of the colors of the surrounding atmosphere. So a nice colored "mist" effect near the floor of the forest and near the ends of the light beams would help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:19 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

That is a large rocket launcher.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:45 am 
Obsessed-Fan

I like the way you treated the background, avoiding getting sucked into the complexity of what could become of trees. It's obvious here that you know what you're doing with the form of the tree and the atmospheric perspective involved in the coloring.

I agree with Cype on the point that solid white should generally (but not always) be avoided, especially with the natural lighting scheme you have here. Try blurring the hard strokes, adding some noise/texture to the beams, then going back with a small airbrush and a very light yellow color to hand paint a few dust specks for a more organic appeal.

The only crit I have for the figure is to probably reevaluate the way her deltoid is interacting with her pectoral/breast. There's a bit of a disconnect between them in this image, and it distorts the suggested form of the torso under her clothing. Though it's very hard to see and consequently, I may be very wrong on this point, I think that the figure's left foot is at an odd angle. It might look different colored in, so this is just a "putting out there" kind of statement.

Also, the way the charms on her weapon are all dangling at the same angles is really stiff and artifical. Hit Ctrl+T in Photoshop to warp some of those charms to make it look more natural.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:36 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

CypressDahlia
I get your point. I'll try to put in color effects when I get the character colors done so I can also have the spill over. I still have to see if my ability can pull off a mist effect though >.>

sconethief
Yes it is very large.

Celestial-Fox
About the deltoid, I knew something is wrong there but I had trouble trying to fix it as the only significant light source comes from behind her making it difficult for me to imply anything by shading. I still lack understanding of dealing with 2 light sources of different intensities. I'm deciding if I should place in some mystical light sources but I feel they might look out of place with respect to the theme.
I'm not entirely sure with what I did with the foot though, I've already tried fixing it a couple of times and I believe that's the best I can do for now. This is the second time I pulled of a cross-legged pose and I must say both are in worm's eye perspective and I still have difficulty drawing a foot from such an awkward POV.
And about the charms, that's quite helpful, I just left it like so because I found it difficult to draw plastic shapes that are angled from POV. About the ctrl+T, does cs1 have that? Sai doesn't have useful warp tools.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next