It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Evil Cake stuff: 10 Heavens on pg 7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 am 
Ultimate-Fan

Ok I wanted to see how my comics have changed over time, so I started from the very beginning. : \

There was this comic I used to make that was pretty much a power rangers rip off, except it sucks so you can't really tell. The main characters were a dude with a square head, another dude with a triangle head, and some lady with a circle head. The lady had circle bombs on her head that she could throw off. (Not a very good place to store bombs tho.) This was probably made around age 6-8

Then I moved to Virginia in 3rd grade. I met a friend there and we started drawing a comic that was a rip off of dragon ball Z. This time you could tell because the guys' hair turned white when they powered up -_-. However I couldn't find a page of that comic because most of them were destroyed by my friend who was ashamed.

This comic is from around that same time frame though.

Now then came middle school, and that same friend I made comics with showed me sprite comics. We both started making some, but I dont think he ever really made any that I know of... :? but I made some.
There was one called Sniper Joe, above sniper joes from megaman. This one got me into trouble because at the same time I was making it, there was the D.C. sniper going around ._. so from the name, people thought it was about that guy -_-
However the copies of that comic are lost : \ so here is the cover of another one.
It was called the rush. DO NOT listen to the cover. IT was not entertaining at all.

Okay after that, I'm not sure what happened until high school. I think it was just more web comics and random pages. There was this one comic about a mad scientist that was kind of cool but I couldnt find any pages : \

However, high school is around when I joined this site. I didnt really make any comics until like junior year though. That is when I started Jozobad Saves the World and this comic, Santa's Little Killers.
It's title is kind of self explanatory... Santa's hit men... I'm not sure if I made this before or during JSTW though so I just posted it first : \

Then came JSTW. Probably the first decent comic I've made. Its about a guy named Jozobad who saves the world. One day I will finish it.

I took a break from Jozobad Saves the World in the middle of 2007 and tried out a comic idea I had called The Death Switch. It was about some guy named Baitie Cray who worked at a concentration camp but didn't know.

Alright then in September I started drawing JSTW again. All was going well until I got depressed about a really bad page and quit making it : \ It is one of my biggest regrets. However here is one of the last pages

Its really weird because I thought this comic was made after death switch, but I guess not o_O
This comic was going to be about the most human-like robot ever made, but it wants to be a killing machine. Its called Warbots and is actually still on smackjeeves if you want to check it out. >_> its actually not bad. But the art is pretty weak. : \

After I gave up on Warbots. (Which I also regret D: ((should have at least finished the first issue : \ )) )

Now Im not sure exactly when I made this comic but I think it was after Warbots. It was called Evil Cake. The main character was a food critic and well... it doesnt matter because it didnt even make one page. This is the first page but its not finished and doesnt even have panel borders. However I did sketch out the entire first issue. I reread it just now and its pretty cool.

Then made some random short comics. This is a 4 page comic that is like, the first comic I actually completed. Not a big thing because its so short. There was also this comic about a guy who had acid spit, but this is less frickin' nasty.

This comic was about some boy scout who is, for some reason, attacked by every animal that sees him.

Then I picked up that Death Switch idea again and started an inked comic of it. It got to a pretty good amount of pages but I got fed up with the tools >_< The pens I had just bought were already out of ink or something and making wimpy lines, so I was silly goose off. Also I made a pretty stupid page and it made me want to stop making it. The same thing that happened with JSTW : \
However I do not regret it as much because the comic had been going down hill since the 1st issue.

It is still one of the best comics I made though because of the art factor. Like it looks pretty good imo

So after the death of death switch, I started drawing random comics again. Like there was one about some naked guy with hooks for hands. Yeah it was pretty sweet. Anyways, I tried to break the habit of making crappy comics by started another inked one.

This comic was based off an idea that is a little too complicated to explain here but it would have involved undersea bubbles. >_> and a lot of old dudes. It was called Bideo. However I quickly decided not to do it because the watercolor I was using for the panel borders was pretty annoying. : \ I only did it to get the same effect as the panel borders in JSTW. (In death switch I began using sharpies)

So then I decided to embrace the crappy, and not ink at all but still try to complete a comic. The goal was simple, I wanted to make a 20 page comic that could stand alone and be finished. I had the idea for a prequel to JSTW, but didnt really expect to do it. Then I drew this weird looking guy, and he kind of looked like an alien, and his scarf was blowing for no reason.... and well one thing led to another. JacSTW was born and actually completed : \

After that I tried to make another comic about a future where animals were as smart as humans, but they were still used for what they are today. Uh it didnt go too well because I didn't come up with the whole plot before starting it -_-'

There were also some failed attempts to remake Jozobad Saves the World. Here is the most recent one. I was trying to make the story totally different, but where it was about to go was kind of really dumb so I stopped. However its not bad imo and I might continue it. That or just continue the original : \

After that I wanted to try a more serious toned comic. There was a western idea I had that was actually pretty cool : \ but I decided I'd rather not do such a serious toned comic yet. ALSO I WAS silly goose OFF BECAUSE I DREW THE HATS WRONG IN THE FIRST FEW PAGES. woah caps. sorry about that. Anyways this is a page from the short-lived Cry More.

So after that, I longed for the days of Jacobin Saves the World, where there was no inking. Plus I missed it's less serious feel. (like not serious at all feel) so I started a new comic based on a very flimsy idea I had. Originally the main character was some lady, but I had this drawing of a dude I wanted to use in a comic. Instead, this dude and the lady would share the role of main characters. The comic is about people who travel through dimensions. One is trying to find "heaven". It is named Heaven because I couldnt come up with a good name. D:

Now I am still making Heaven, but after looking back at the past comics I am inspired to try harder with it. I think I was starting to get too lazy with it. Expect chapter 3 to be awesome : \

Then there is the future...

I want to make a comic called Biography of a Dictator that should be cool. But who knows I change my mind too much

?

Thanks for taking this journey through the past with me.

Last edited by Evil_Cake on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Evil Cake stuff: Comics through the ages pg 1
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Holy crap, I never realized how much you improved! Several parts of this made me crack up. XD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:09 am 
Three-Fan

I wish I had your motivation when it comes to making comics. Seriously that is a lot of improvement over the years, man.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:33 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Listening To: The Gazette
Reading: Manga
With each page, you little by little improve ^^ That's a great thing :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:46 pm 
Super Mod

Location: Ako lang ay hindi maaaring naniniwala puwit tenyente
I think I remember that santa one...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:51 pm 

Do biography of a dictator. Do it. I will do the covers.

Post subject: Re: Evil Cake stuff: Comics through the ages and velazquez c
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:52 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

Jubeh wrote:
Do biography of a dictator. Do it. I will do the covers.

I need to find the right inking tools first >_<
Hayashida wrote:
I think I remember that santa one...
lol I'm sorry
frostfyr3 wrote:
With each page, you little by little improve ^^ That's a great thing :D
yeah it'd suck to get worse with each one
Caleb wrote:
I wish I had your motivation when it comes to making comics. Seriously that is a lot of improvement over the years, man.
eh its ok improvement
CelestialFox wrote:
Holy crap, I never realized how much you improved! Several parts of this made me crack up. XD

ya me neither

thx for the comments.

also uh I wanted to draw a painting by Velazquez but there wasn't enough room on the paper so its just a head. That dude's fro is huge and I didnt finish drawing it all.
: \ also I need a 6b pencil

reference pic http://www.yale.edu/terc/democracy/may1 ... azquez.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:57 pm 

That's super good dude.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 pm 
Super Mod

Location: Ako lang ay hindi maaaring naniniwala puwit tenyente
man that is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:02 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

ya I squished his face tho :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:05 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Lol, I kinda like the squished face. It makes the "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?!" expression so much better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:06 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

lol :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:10 pm 
Super-Fan

Location: I was born outside of the box.. and they won't let me in D= (joined: July 20, 2008)
Quote:
However I couldn't find a page of that comic because most of them were destroyed by my friend who was ashamed.

Dang, what type of people you hang around with O_o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:11 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

idk my friends liked to burn stuff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:17 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

here is a painting that was done in painting class : \

it turned out better than I expected but her head is too wide. Umm posting up the photos with and without flash : \

the one with flash got the right colors but it kind of flooded out the picture and the one without flash did the opposite

I couldnt really see what was going on with her irises so they especially suck

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next