It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm 
Offline
New-Fan

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am
Posts: 14
Gender: Female
Hello hellos, I decided to post some stuff I didn't put on my Commissions thread ^^. I'm still trying to work towards a consistent style

OLDER STUFF:
Image
Image

NEWER STUFF:
Image
Image

WIPs:
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:07 pm 
Offline
Fan's-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 pm
Posts: 234
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
I really like your art :) especially the hair :D I have a question though,for all of these drawings did you use the same technique u used in the last drawing on the left half? I'm just learning how to use that technique...does it work well?

_________________
My life is brilliant,My life is pure. I saw an angel, of that I'm sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:31 pm 
Offline
Super-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:17 pm
Posts: 648
Location: My desk
Gender: Male
Yeah, NarutoFox is right, your skills in hair are amazing.

Though, the one with the girl in the Orange and Blue Dress, her left hand is too small compared to her right.

AND the girl with the Delivery boxes and stoof. her left foot/leg looks twisted inward in an awkward position. Likes she's broken it..

_________________
DeviantART
ArtThread
PM me for my MSN.
Im usually on the groupboard.


Last edited by Joosh on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm 
Offline
Obsessed-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:25 pm
Posts: 3083
Location: Alaska. D8
Gender: Female
I love the way you do noses and eyes. And the way you shade the face is great, too.

*foams from the mouth*

D: <333

_________________
ArtThread | deviantART | Tumblr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:45 pm 
Offline
Obsessed-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:47 am
Posts: 3164
Location: Just who the hell do you think I am?!
Listening To: Muse
Reading: Wut- Sy's new name.
Eating: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Drinking: Death
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
I could learn a thing or two about hair from you O.O(maybe even more than two XD).

Also, your colouring is top-notch. =]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm 
Offline
New-Fan

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am
Posts: 14
Gender: Female
narutofox180 wrote:
I really like your art :) especially the hair :D I have a question though,for all of these drawings did you use the same technique u used in the last drawing on the left half? I'm just learning how to use that technique...does it work well?


Aw, thank you ^^. Except for the 1st and 3rd picture in the WIP section, which were done completely digitally and in photoshop, the rest of these pictures were done traditionally with copics and prismas. In terms of coloring technique, I just put a base down and keep on layering shadows. Hope that helps a little.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 pm 
Offline
One-Lucky-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 1845
Location: CLOCKHAND
There is a inconsistence in anatomy or features organization. Upload new stuffs to get a more wide view.

_________________
This is the best signture that a person can have.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm 
Offline
Fan's-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 pm
Posts: 234
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
paradisekisstango wrote:
narutofox180 wrote:
I really like your art :) especially the hair :D I have a question though,for all of these drawings did you use the same technique u used in the last drawing on the left half? I'm just learning how to use that technique...does it work well?


Aw, thank you ^^. Except for the 1st and 3rd picture in the WIP section, which were done completely digitally and in photoshop, the rest of these pictures were done traditionally with copics and prismas. In terms of coloring technique, I just put a base down and keep on layering shadows. Hope that helps a little.


lol I really was so vague on the question xD I meant to ask if you always start off with the stick figures and then flesh it out like the last one :)

_________________
My life is brilliant,My life is pure. I saw an angel, of that I'm sure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 pm 
Offline
New-Fan

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am
Posts: 14
Gender: Female
Joosh wrote:
Yeah, NarutoFox is right, your skills in hair are amazing.

Though, the one with the girl in the Orange and Blue Dress, her left hand is too small compared to her right.

AND the girl with the Delivery boxes and stoof. her left foot/leg looks twisted inward in an awkward position. Likes she's broken it..



I totally agree with both of those statements XD! The priestess in the orange and blue actually had her entire right arm redone because I drew the entire thing too small lol, so I will definately be redoing the hand also ^^.
Thank you for pointing out the delivery girl's leg, I'm still working on foreshortening with drawing people and hopefully I won't keep drawing oddly positioned legs lol.


Celestial-Fox: Thank you very much ^^, I'm still trying to learn how to blend the colors to make even more dramatic shading.
Renzokuken: Aw, thank you also. I learned how to do hair from studying a mix of Arina Tanemura's art and Kaori Yuki's art, if that helps any ^^.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm 
Offline
Fan's-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 331
Location: Take a left from Canada. You can't miss it.
Gender: Male
Playing: Life isn't a game. Its a place for fun.
Nice work. I really like the coloring in the 5th picture :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm 
Offline
New-Fan

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am
Posts: 14
Gender: Female
Error 404 wrote:
There is a inconsistence in anatomy or features organization. Upload new stuffs to get a more wide view.


Sorry, but I'm not quiet sure what you mean by that n.n


Narutofox: Sorry XD lol, I just assumed you meant colors. I actually don't do a full stick figure, I use circles to determine the height and then I'll do sticks for the arms, legs, and torso usually. There's this rule I know of that helps you figure out the height of your character by taking your characters head size and then drawing 2-5 circles of the same size under the head. A child would be 2 head sizes and an adult would be 6 head sizes.

Brain132: Thank you very much ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 pm 
Offline
One-Lucky-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:35 pm
Posts: 1845
Location: CLOCKHAND
Looking at both threads (this art thread and your request thread), I look a inconsistency in your anatomy and features.

Example:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 2yr6ox.jpg

In here the the neck isn't in his place (is little to much for a side). And this could be because the chest is not making the work as it would (the pose is not working anatomically).

And in other examples, you can see in your other threads another little details that are off to. But in other draws its problems doesn't appear, so the problem is the consistency and not the fact you can't draw (because you do).

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... sTango.jpg
You can see how some features are not working, like the jaw of some characters, the neck-body connection, arms lenght, etc.

_________________
This is the best signture that a person can have.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:25 pm 
Offline
New-Fan

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:22 am
Posts: 14
Gender: Female
Error 404 wrote:
Look at both threads (this art thread and your request thread), I look a inconsistency in your anatomy and features.

Example:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 2yr6ox.jpg

In here the the neck isn't in his place (is little to much for a side). And this could be because the chest is not making the work as it would (the pose is not working anatomically).

And in other examples, you can see in your other threads another little details that are off to. But in other draws its problems doesn't appear, so the problem is the consistency and not the fact you can't draw (because you do).



Oh okay, sorry, I'm so bad at communicating in text format XD. Thank you for pointing that out, I'll try and find a way to fix it ^^


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
Ultimate-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:27 pm
Posts: 2235
Location: I AM JAISUS (Joined: 16 Aug 2009)
Gender: Male
I really like the third picture. It has nice color choice. Good job.

_________________
Join the GB Academy. DO EET.
Image
Sotta made my sig


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:56 pm 
Offline
New-Fan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:23 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Somewhere in the Northwestern part of the US
Gender: Female
OMG! I just love your art and style! Especially your Copic marker art! I work with markers too, although I use mainly Prismacolors (that's becuase Copics are sp expensive). Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group