It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:13 pm 
New-Fan

Hello hellos, I decided to post some stuff I didn't put on my Commissions thread ^^. I'm still trying to work towards a consistent style

OLDER STUFF:

NEWER STUFF:

WIPs:

Post subject: Re: ParadiseKissTango Art
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:07 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
I really like your art :) especially the hair :D I have a question though,for all of these drawings did you use the same technique u used in the last drawing on the left half? I'm just learning how to use that technique...does it work well?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:31 pm 
Super-Fan

Yeah, NarutoFox is right, your skills in hair are amazing.

Though, the one with the girl in the Orange and Blue Dress, her left hand is too small compared to her right.

AND the girl with the Delivery boxes and stoof. her left foot/leg looks twisted inward in an awkward position. Likes she's broken it..

Im usually on the groupboard.

Last edited by Joosh on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

I love the way you do noses and eyes. And the way you shade the face is great, too.

*foams from the mouth*

D: <333

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:45 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Listening To: Muse
Reading: Wut- Sy's new name.
Eating: Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha.
Drinking: Death
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
I could learn a thing or two about hair from you O.O(maybe even more than two XD).

Also, your colouring is top-notch. =]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 pm 
New-Fan

narutofox180 wrote:
I really like your art :) especially the hair :D I have a question though,for all of these drawings did you use the same technique u used in the last drawing on the left half? I'm just learning how to use that technique...does it work well?

Aw, thank you ^^. Except for the 1st and 3rd picture in the WIP section, which were done completely digitally and in photoshop, the rest of these pictures were done traditionally with copics and prismas. In terms of coloring technique, I just put a base down and keep on layering shadows. Hope that helps a little.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:01 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

There is a inconsistence in anatomy or features organization. Upload new stuffs to get a more wide view.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Reading: harry potter series
Eating: apples
Drinking: water
Playing: Call of duty black ops
paradisekisstango wrote:
narutofox180 wrote:

Aw, thank you ^^. Except for the 1st and 3rd picture in the WIP section, which were done completely digitally and in photoshop, the rest of these pictures were done traditionally with copics and prismas. In terms of coloring technique, I just put a base down and keep on layering shadows. Hope that helps a little.

lol I really was so vague on the question xD I meant to ask if you always start off with the stick figures and then flesh it out like the last one :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:10 pm 
New-Fan

Joosh wrote:
Yeah, NarutoFox is right, your skills in hair are amazing.

Though, the one with the girl in the Orange and Blue Dress, her left hand is too small compared to her right.

AND the girl with the Delivery boxes and stoof. her left foot/leg looks twisted inward in an awkward position. Likes she's broken it..

I totally agree with both of those statements XD! The priestess in the orange and blue actually had her entire right arm redone because I drew the entire thing too small lol, so I will definately be redoing the hand also ^^.
Thank you for pointing out the delivery girl's leg, I'm still working on foreshortening with drawing people and hopefully I won't keep drawing oddly positioned legs lol.

Celestial-Fox: Thank you very much ^^, I'm still trying to learn how to blend the colors to make even more dramatic shading.
Renzokuken: Aw, thank you also. I learned how to do hair from studying a mix of Arina Tanemura's art and Kaori Yuki's art, if that helps any ^^.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:11 pm 
Fan's-Fan

Playing: Life isn't a game. Its a place for fun.
Nice work. I really like the coloring in the 5th picture :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm 
New-Fan

Error 404 wrote:
There is a inconsistence in anatomy or features organization. Upload new stuffs to get a more wide view.

Sorry, but I'm not quiet sure what you mean by that n.n

Narutofox: Sorry XD lol, I just assumed you meant colors. I actually don't do a full stick figure, I use circles to determine the height and then I'll do sticks for the arms, legs, and torso usually. There's this rule I know of that helps you figure out the height of your character by taking your characters head size and then drawing 2-5 circles of the same size under the head. A child would be 2 head sizes and an adult would be 6 head sizes.

Brain132: Thank you very much ^^

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

Looking at both threads (this art thread and your request thread), I look a inconsistency in your anatomy and features.

Example:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 2yr6ox.jpg

In here the the neck isn't in his place (is little to much for a side). And this could be because the chest is not making the work as it would (the pose is not working anatomically).

And in other examples, you can see in your other threads another little details that are off to. But in other draws its problems doesn't appear, so the problem is the consistency and not the fact you can't draw (because you do).

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/ ... sTango.jpg
You can see how some features are not working, like the jaw of some characters, the neck-body connection, arms lenght, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:25 pm 
New-Fan

Error 404 wrote:
Look at both threads (this art thread and your request thread), I look a inconsistency in your anatomy and features.

Example:
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 2yr6ox.jpg

In here the the neck isn't in his place (is little to much for a side). And this could be because the chest is not making the work as it would (the pose is not working anatomically).

And in other examples, you can see in your other threads another little details that are off to. But in other draws its problems doesn't appear, so the problem is the consistency and not the fact you can't draw (because you do).

Oh okay, sorry, I'm so bad at communicating in text format XD. Thank you for pointing that out, I'll try and find a way to fix it ^^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:30 pm 
Ultimate-Fan

I really like the third picture. It has nice color choice. Good job.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:56 pm 
New-Fan

OMG! I just love your art and style! Especially your Copic marker art! I work with markers too, although I use mainly Prismacolors (that's becuase Copics are sp expensive). Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing more!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next