It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45
 Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Miri)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:27 pm 
Forever-A-Fan

Listening To: Why Bacon is awesome
Reading: The Bacon Cookbook
Eating: Bacon
Drinking: Liquid Bacon
Playing: Bacon Barbarian IX: The Quest for the Crispy Bacon
These pictures are all looking very, very nice. I like how "smooth" the colouring has gone. What kind of pencil do you use? (A normal one?) The quality of your work has really gotten better having just gone back and looked at the beggining of this thread. Your characters silly goose aren't huge whn they shouldn't be, and your hands are much better. I think it may be because they aren't fists as much. I've read that artists are always going out of their way to avoid drawing hands, and you seem to not be doing that, which is good.

Also, the dragon and the roughs had nice dramatic shots.

I don't really know what else to say, but keep up the good work!!

Celestial-Fox wrote:
COME BAAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKK--

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:36 pm 
Giga-Fan

^^ A picture done by a friend from school. He doesn't have an account here, so I'm posting it for him on request.

EDIT: Now that he's not sitting right beside me, is it really okay to post it? I told him he should post it himself on DA or something, but he begged me and I couldn't refuse him.

EDIT 2: Sorry, Bacon. I didn't see your question. I use a mechanical pencil for my traditional stuff, sometimes a #2 for areas with heavy shading that I'm too lazy to do with a mechanical pencil.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:00 am 
Giga-Fan

And an Angel Hunters sketch that I had to Photoshop because of my new sketchbook's incompatibility with my scanner.

EDIT: Just found out that this forum's closing down at the end of the month (boo!). So I guess I gotta switch over to the main site eventually.

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Another Angel Hunters pic)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:52 am 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

For some reason, I find this image interesting...must be my inner pervert acting up >___>

Reminds me of the usual loli image I can see over the net...just needs a gloomy background

Post subject: Re: Matt's Art (Another Angel Hunters pic)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:39 pm 
Giga-Fan

Meh, that's no good. I wanna draw happy lolis. Thanks for commenting, though. This site's almost dead.

I'll migrate over to the new site eventually, but I might not be quite as regular as I was here. I just logged on to ConceptArt.org and I'm trying to learn some new things aside from manga. I'm not abandoning it. In fact, the reason I'm switching over is because I want to improve the heck out of what I can do now, then come back and write those 5 million mangas draw those 7 billion game CGs I've been failing at for years.

I think I'll be around DA and the new MT, but until I reach a level I'm happy with, I'll keep my main area at CA.

This'll probably be my last pic on this forum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 665 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45