It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: TheWardens art
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:51 pm 
Normal-Fan

Heya guys, finaly decided to post some of my art. I've only been drawing for about 7-8 months so its not that good but i hope to improve :).
I think i got the torso to long in this one and the hands wonkey >_>.
Just something i started as anatomy practise.
More random practise on bodies.
A random head i sketched in like 5 minutes.
And thats about it for now if anyone has any tips of what i need to improve on they would be much appreciated :), so far i think i need to work on anatomy and clothes.

Post subject: Re: TheWardens art
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm 
Super-Fan

Drinking: guiness... all the time.
Playing: CS:S
HEY looking good.. and yes.. you should practice anatomy and clothing folds and all that.. but you look like you're headed the right way.. keep it up and go sketch crazy ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 am 
Normal-Fan

More anatomy practise, it looks odd but i cant figure out why >_> any suggestions?
Ya i know the hands bad lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:52 am 
Super-Fan

Drinking: guiness... all the time.
Playing: CS:S
Hmm.. I know what's wrong, you dont see the crease where the thigh meets the hip. It should come out about where the elbow is.. it's amazing how one simple line can change a picture.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 am 
Normal-Fan

Been practising anatomy and clothes lately on paper, i dont have a scanner sadly so i cant post them. For now though heres a sketch i did on the computer as practise, not sure were i went wrong but it looks odd >_>>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am 
Normal-Fan

Heres something im working on, started doing the lineart but something looks off. Can anyone see whats wrong with it?
And yes i know im epic fail at armor >_> lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 pm 
Naughty-Fan

Design: When designing women's armor you have to take into account the differences between male and female physiology (probably spelled that wrong). Because of our silly goose getting in the way women have to have chest plates that swoop farther in at the arm hole. What she is wearing right now would give her nasty bruises along the side of her silly goose and shoulder every time she moved her arm. If you make the armor pinch in under her silly goose it's going to be even more painful. Make that a subbtle bulge in the armor instead of it framing the silly goose.

Anatomy: Looks good for the most part, good job. I'd just say to pay some special attention to her hands. When you hold a sword you keep your wrist straight and since men and women have different shaped fists that will make the sword form different angles with the forearm. When a man holds a sword it will (usually) form a 90 degree angle with his forearm and when a female holds a sword it will (usually) form a more obtuse angle. If you want to keep the angle of her sword like that you'll need to bend her elbow.

The little things: Her clothes and armor seem to be too tight as in they are on the same plane and share the same lines as her body. Show some volume esepcialy in the thick parts (ex. belt, greeves, bracer) by having them come off the body farther like you did with what I think was supposed to be a pauldron on her upper arm.

Ok I'm done. I think you should just go ahead and finish inking this. I'd like to see it completed :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]