It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Wardens Art
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:53 pm 
Normal-Fan

Hello, well decided to post some of my stuff again, should be getting a scanner on the 1st so i can finaly post some traditional stuff :D.
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6950 ... veprac.jpg
A wip on perspective, im not liking it to much and the hands giving me a hard time. That's about all i have new on the computer, i don't draw with my tablet alot. C&C is always appreciated.
Edit: Anybody know how to directly link the image from imageshack? Im used to using photobucket but for some reason i can't upload to them anymore >_>.

Post subject: Re: Wardens Art
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
what can I say what can I say?
First I must complement you on the clean up its very nice. The right arm lacks the three point connection (sorry I forgot the actual term for it, I've been busy studying the work of professionals, so I have forgotten a lot of terms actual names.) Basicaly what I am saying it is lacking the over, under and around feel to it compared to the rest of the body. When drawing every part of the body, I would suggest using the major and minor axis lines to help hold the feeling of depth and volume. Even though it is a anime drawing, the hairline or what their is of it is far too close to the eyes from my perception of the face. From the stomach, the abdomen, and the pelvis area there is a loss of information. meaning you need to clarify and define these parts of the body even more because the left leg and the pelvis area has no definition to it and can only really be seen as a leg and pelvis by someone seeing what they know and think is there, and not by what is actually there. Due to lose of information, the connection between the stomach and chest is being communicated as stretched and not a natural feel or pasture. Though measurement of ear, eye, and mouth, the top of the ear should end somewhere just arounf the top of the eyelid, and the bottom around the top of the mouth. Finally don't just stop at the hand, keep going man/woman.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:11 pm 
Three-Fan

Listening To: Ashes-Socialburn
Reading: My Freshman Year by Rebekah Nathan (for english)
Eating: babies
Drinking: booze
Playing: persona 4
The lineart looks very clean. Just the way I like it.

One thing that's really off is the belly button. It shouldn't be that close to the crotch at that angle. Generally speaking, the navel should a lil bit below three head's length. I'm sure you've seen something like this before. Of course thing's can vary depending on the person but yeah, hopefully I helped ^^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:30 am 
Normal-Fan

@Blackmage: Thanks for the critique, ya the arm did look pretty flat and the anatomys a bit messed up but i tried fixin it up a bit.
@TribalPunk: Thanks for the comment, i know the proportions were seriously off below the upper part of the body and the heads a bit big xD, and thanks for the thing about the belly button hope i fixed that.
Eh not happy with it oh well lol, i pretty much gave up of the perspective, it doesn't look right at all >_>.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:58 pm 
Normal-Fan

Hmm, the way you've put her hand in is rather different from what I was expecting. Did you have a reference photo for the pose?

It seems like all I do these days is bang on about line-weight, but if you're going for a perspective effect, you might try using heavier lines on the part that's nearest you and lighter lines as you get further away. At the moment, the lines around her head and upper body are darkest, so you kind of lose the impression of her hand being close to you. Basically, if you go from thick to thin, it'll help reinforce the illusion of depth.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:24 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Yea the hand does not connect correctly to the arm. How I measure my hands is simple from the base of my palm to connection point of the middle finger is the same distance from the bottom of the chin to the top of the nose for the average adult. The distance is also the same from the bottom of the middle to the top of the middle finger maybe little shorter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:46 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

It's not bad, but the hips are turned wrong, and you need to make the hand bigger. Using line width will help, of course, but also make the body a bit smaller. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 am 
Normal-Fan

@Gaff Thanks for the tip, and no i didn't have a reference photo. I rarely use ref which i realy should start doing.
@Blackmage Ya i suck at hands, still trying to get them down
@Sunny Thanks, and ya i wasn't sure how to draw the hips while trying to get the perspective the way i wanted.
Quick sketch i did...i got a scanner finaly but it isn't cooperating with me so this was done in sai.
Still gotta lineart and finish coloring it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:19 am 
Normal-Fan

Finished, decided not to line art it.
CnC is welcome

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:35 am 
Devilish-Fan

The chest is missing a rib cage, and the his lack structure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:26 am 
Normal-Fan

@Blackmage: Thanks for the crit, ill try defining the rib cages more.
And now a sketch of a guy! Yes i know the legs look odd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 am 
Devilish-Fan

I am wondering are you drawing this out of your head, or using any type of reference? In all your drawing you seem to be stretching the body quite a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 am 
Normal-Fan

Just out of my head, i very rarely use reference.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:38 am 
Devilish-Fan

Yea, get references, find photos of people in different poses you would like to draw, and use those references to recreate those poses. The will also help vyou with your anatomy a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm 
Normal-Fan

The top part of the guy's body seems fine, but he gets very narrow as you go downward - if he was standing face forwards, his stomach in particular would be really small. As Blackmage said, trying to find references for the pose you want to draw would probably be a big help. There's no shame in not being able to draw a perfectly proportioned person from memory alone.

If you don't like looking at actual photos, try posemaniacs - some of the poses are a bit weird, but it's a useful site.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next