It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: [Mizashi's thread] Meh, colored picture.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:51 pm 
New-Fan

Thanks. I'm completely brand new to textures, so I'm experimenting. :) I did look up refs of muscles, but I still couldn't understand the shading very well. But I think I know what's wrong here - the muscles are all off center and curving inwards to make him appear really skinny. Man, I'm pretty good at criticizing myself, aren't I? Haha.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:47 am 
Three-Fan

Listening To: Ashes-Socialburn
Reading: My Freshman Year by Rebekah Nathan (for english)
Eating: babies
Drinking: booze
Playing: persona 4
Ahhh I'm all about textures. I'm like a texture FIEND.

I didnt really notice anything wrong about the muscles but that's me xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:17 am 
New-Fan

Cool, then you must be pretty good at using textures, huh? Maybe you can give a few tips to a noob like me, lol. Hey if I were in your position, I probably wouldn't have noticed anything wrong either. But you know how we all get overly critical of our own drawings... well, the modest people anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 pm 
New-Fan

I don't know how you guys can draw with a tablet. (<---mouse user for years)

BTW, this thread is mainly made so that I can practice anatomy and poses. I'm not good at them at all, to be honest. I'll also be practicing coloring too, because my shading skills definitely need work. So yeah.... On another note, I love drawing spiky hair as you've probably noticed by now. It's really fun.

Post subject: Re: [Mizashi's thread] Another drawing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 pm 
New-Fan

What a fail. It's so laaame that I lost motivation to finish this. Please tear it apart and feed it to the dogs. kthnx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:40 pm 
Ninety-Nine-Nights-Fan

Nice cloak. I like the added texture. I would work on, perhaps, adding a few more random lines. Make the cloth less, well...structured.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:45 am 
New-Fan

Sunny: Thanks. Yeah, I can't draw clothes to save my life, sadly. I really envy those who can =/

I'm kinda stuck at this point. How do you blend the sketch into the rest of the picture without making it look messy like the last picture? Anyone know?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 am 
New-Fan

What you can do is change the colour of the lineart to make it lighter. In photoshop you can go Lock: Lock transparant pixels to the lineart layer in the layer window. Then you can colour over the black lines with another dark colour depending on what part you are colourng. Like for the hair lineart, colour it with a dark blonde colour that is close to black, and you can use lighter colours to closely blend the lineart if you want to hide any messy parts.

What the layer lock does is it ensures you can colour over the line art and change its colours without painting over anything but the lineart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 am 
New-Fan

Hex: Thanks, it worked. But it still turned out horrible, lol. That's my fault. I just can't seem to make it look polished enough. I'm just gonna abandon it and try again next time.

This was originally meant to be a girl, but something went horribly wrong. Just practicing proportions and torsos of females, since I suck crap at it. I should probably submit more of my bad stuff because I always post my best artwork on here, which kinda defeats the whole purpose of the thread. *sigh*

Post subject: Re: [Mizashi's thread of stuff...]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 pm 
New-Fan

I'm trying to find my own style of coloring. It's really hard. I tried airbushing, cell shading, soft cell shading, and painting and I just can't seem to be comfortable with any of them. =/

And I STILL can't get rid of the sketch lineart when I color... -__-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:00 pm 

Listening To: All old and new Rock music.
Reading: Toradora
Eating: Anything that has to do with hamburger.
Drinking: Water
I suck at colouring too :L

I love the way you do hair, in this pic especially. It looks like the right side of the face is more angular than the left, the left being more rounded. Other than that, this picture is p. decent. Keep drawing and colouring and I have a feeling you'll be great.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:58 pm 
New-Fan

Yay, I'm not alone :B

Oh whoa, I did NOT see that. I flipped the image horizontally just now and cringed. It's so terrible, my eyes are still in shock haha. It's weird I didn't see that at all, since I usually can. But thanks for pointing it out!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

Work with the eyes, one is bigger than the other most of the time.

Thats for the moment (working one thing at the time... when you fix this I'm going to point the others ja).

Post subject: Re: [Mizashi's thread of stuff: Fail coloring practice]
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:35 pm 
New-Fan

Error 404: Thanks. I never really noticed the eye thing, I think I can kinda see it.

This was more of a coloring practice than anything else, as you can see it's really, really sloppy. It also proves that my coloring skills are absolutely terrible, haha :> Oh well. I wish I knew how to draw and color so much faster. This took like 4 hours to make...
Oh, and I'm aware of how inhumanly long her legs are. It's a bad habit of mine, especially whenever I draw girls.

Post subject: Re: [Mizashi's thread of stuff: Fail coloring practice]
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:10 am 
New-Fan

Guess whoooooo! 8-) Moar coloring practice!

Made in OpenCanvas 1.1...man, that program is insanely hard to use. Since I'm not a painter, I really can't use it to its full potential. PLUS, there is NO REDO button whatsoever. Once you accidentally undo something, you have to manually do it again. :roll: This is the most I can do with it without having to spend forever on it. So yeah, I probably won't use the program very often even though it's small, requires no installation, and is free. I'm sure it'll come in handy to someone else though...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3