It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Xano's Art Thread(behold my horrific drawings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:22 am 
Normal-Fan

I've been looking at all the drawings here at MT, and I just can't overcome that agitation in my stomach to show my drawings. I did find an old scanner that my uncle had, but I can't seem to find the driver for it on the net. So I went ahead and photographed them. Well, here they are:

A drawing I copied of Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura. I suck at copying. I'm surprised that it even turned out this good.

A drawing by Matt I printed, traced and colored from the inking and coloring thread. Photobucket seems to have flipped it to the side. I used lavender, green, sky blue, dark blue, black and white. No watercolors. I take credit only for the coloring and nothing else.

Just some character I was trying to draw that didn't turn out well(It never turns out well).

That's all for now. I probably won't be updating much, as I tend to erase most of the drawings I start as it doesn't turn out well. but since I now have an art thread, that might change. well, go ahead, criticize me.

--EDIT--

Oh, how could I forget this one?

This is another drawing by Matt which he posted on the inking and coloring thread. It was my first attempt at digital coloring. Again, I take credit only for the coloring, everything else belongs to Matt.

Post subject: Re: Xano's Art Thread(behold my horrific drawings)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:04 am 
Naughty-Fan

well to start with, your non digital coloring is very good as shown by all three images.

The first (copied) drawing's eyes are not even remotely synced ( i.e it's like each one is looking at something different) which gives her a brainless expression which is just freaking me out a little.

not going to comment on the second drawing, seeing as how i already mentioned your coloring

the final drawing, being that it is the one drawing of yours though is actually not that bad ( my guess is that you are good enough to realize how bad you are, which is still none to terrible) but not flawless, her mouth is too close to her nose ( or too high up, could go either way) and her left arm has issue; Since her left side is closer to the viewer her arm shouldn't fall under her torso, and also her arm is a little too wide looking at the top/shoulder ( hard to tell with it under her torso though). Also the coloring seems a little rougher than the others, in particular the hair just seems... really can't pin it down but the coloring just seems bad.

as for your digital coloring (good thing i hit preview post or i would look like an idiot) it needs work, it feels more flat and messy ( the hari in particular seems to have smudges of a bunch of different colors in it with almost no real shading it feels like) not bad for a first try though

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:10 am 
Normal-Fan

Ah, I see what you mean about the shoulders. Anything I draw below the neck never turns out right. as I already said, copying drawings is not my forte. As for the digital coloring, well, I'll just wait for more crit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:39 am 
Normal-Fan

Not a bad start, Bardic pretty much said everything crit wise. Your traditional coloring is good and the digital coloring isn't bad for a first try though like bardic said it seems very flat. For the third picture i would say the hair looks a bit stiff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:44 am 
Normal-Fan

Thanks for all the crit. I'm drawing a weapon right now(gonna take a long time), so sit tight.

--EDIT--
--Update--

Finished the weapon:

I've taken these in case you can't see it properly:

It's called Dryren, the stage 3 weapon of Filen's reincarnation in Medallion Masters. I know there isn't any shading, but I was limited to only 27 colors, out of which only 5 were used.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:39 am 
Fan's-Fan

Whoa, your attention for detail and your eye for color are going to take you a long way if you keep it up! Rock on!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:47 am 
Normal-Fan

Hamachi wrote:
Whoa, your attention for detail and your eye for color are going to take you a long way if you keep it up! Rock on!

Sadly that's the only thing I have going on for me. I need to work a lot on pretty much everything else. I've drawn a ton of other weapons, but they were all drawn a year ago, and aren't as good as this one. I shall post them gradually.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]