It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: The black mage's workspace, materials, and resources
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:04 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Location: Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
Reading: Priest
I have a feeling you sleep somewhere in there, but I don't wanna ask how or where.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:10 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Location: I have a hair trigger, black magic, and a short fuse; so bring it.
when I'm not drawing, everything goes into my portfolio carrying case.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:12 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

All of that!? do you have one of those magic Brit suitcases or something? cause those things fit everything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:20 pm 
Devilish-Fan

GunZet wrote:
All of that!? do you have one of those magic Brit suitcases or something? cause those things fit everything.

all the pencil, markers, paint brushes, water colors, fiber castels, and color pencils along with my drawing table and and 11 by 17 and 8 by 12 paper and 4 - 5 books go into the case. Everthing else either goes into a container or a bag until its needed again. on that not, yay i got some on site drawings done today before we ate thanksgiving dinner. Never let your family see you draw, you'll be bugged to death because of it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:26 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Got that right. Every time I draw something in front of company my mom brings over. It always goes according. "Hey, if you draw this, I'll pay you this, cool?"...gah.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:40 pm 
Devilish-Fan

GunZet wrote:
Got that right. Every time I draw something in front of company my mom brings over. It always goes according. "Hey, if you draw this, I'll pay you this, cool?"...gah.

I had a girl wanting me to draw her, while she was being flirty and playing with her breast and ya you get the picture. She wanted me to draw her after she walked by me a couple of times while I was working on a picture of my cousin. The problem was she was 13 but told me she was 17 and was my cousin, so I was like...yea, awkward. Thumbnail quick sketch of her and kept moving (I don't feel like going to jail for pedophilia with a side order of incest.) Now don't get me wrong, if she wanted to be a nude model for me to draw her, I will have no problem about doing that, but she was being a little to sexual with the way she was acting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:53 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

Whoa man...that's just...weird.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:56 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Well I'm wonderinf if i should bother uploading the imcomplete render of my cousin here or not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:04 am 
Obsessed-Fan

Yeah, you should post it!

And your setup is really cool. I like how it's all compact.

EGGGGH, I HATE when people ask me to draw them. I don't think they understand that I CANNOT draw people from life very well at alllll.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:27 am 
New-Fan

Aw, envy. I wish I had so many supplies and books, you've got the works @_@~~

CF-drawing from life can be a pain in the rear but just think how awesome it'd be if you COULD just like...have someone ask you to draw them and you could magically whip something out for them. I aspire to do that but I get too worked up over whether the person will like the drawing or not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:45 pm 
Super-Fan

Drinking: guiness... all the time.
Playing: CS:S
i would kill for that dynamic hands book.. just so you know.. and teh same is for art when I say to people I teach "The weapon doesn't make the warrior"... truly here "The untencils don't make the artist".. just remember that ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:03 pm 
Devilish-Fan

Egoslip wrote:
i would kill for that dynamic hands book.. just so you know.. and teh same is for art when I say to people I teach "The weapon doesn't make the warrior"... truly here "The untencils don't make the artist".. just remember that ;)

While what you say is true, you must not forget industry standard is not pencil, paper, and crayola coloring crayons. Everything I use is industry standard really, everything from the cool and grey makers to the sculpting clay i didn't bother to take a picture of. I probably shouldn't tell you that not only am i getting A Complete Guide to Drawing, Illustration, Cartooning and Paintingby Eugene Byrnes, and the other artist 5 artist he brought in this december (Ordered it 2 days ago from amazon haha), but I am also fighting to get the The famous artist series; golden age of illustration. I need save up at least 2000 for all 6 of these books, because they are so damn rare and everyone wants them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:59 pm 
Super-Fan

Drinking: guiness... all the time.
Playing: CS:S
Blackmage wrote:
Egoslip wrote:

While what you say is true, you must not forget industry standard is not pencil, paper, and crayola coloring crayons. Everything I use is industry standard really, everything from the cool and grey makers to the sculpting clay i didn't bother to take a picture of. I probably shouldn't tell you that not only am i getting A Complete Guide to Drawing, Illustration, Cartooning and Paintingby Eugene Byrnes, and the other artist 5 artist he brought in this december (Ordered it 2 days ago from amazon haha), but I am also fighting to get the The famous artist series; golden age of illustration. I need save up at least 2000 for all 6 of these books, because they are so damn rare and everyone wants them.

Well. that's nice, but books don't do it for me truly.. what does it for me, is going outside and actually looking at stuff.. watching people.. like they did in the days of old.. now days everyone likes to wrap the learning process up in a nice little package called tutorials and classes... the real learning comes from experience, and observation.

And truly, though the quality of your equipment and untencils may be nice, you could still create works of art with that crayola, or regular HB pencil.. and create a piece that is twice as good as some artists who use professional grade material... it's all about how you use your tools.. art is also about adaptation and improvision..

sorry.. i think I'm a bit too passionate bout it sometimes XD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:20 pm 
Devilish-Fan

When it comes to both parts I can only agree partially with you there. It doesn't matter how well you can create when you don't follow studio standards and protocol, because there are a thousand people who can do what you do which is why a finish product isn't what's important when trying to get a job, but its work showing you understand the theoryand the discipline showing you can follow being told what to use. Don't forget this is not the days of old, the difference between now and then is the fact pablo Picasso and leonardo di vinci were not only doing it but were developing these techniques from scratch while they were doing it. Today we have all this books and videos that just are watching them draw a pretty picture and not actually going into the theory that took to make that picture
The books I possess go into those theories and applications which are the books I would recommend. Yo can't draw a master piece with. Crayola crayons because crayola don't blend well nor will the piece last long. You can do s pretty picture but any serious work should really be done with serious materials. Ego we both are passionate about this its just we stand on two different sides of the fence when it comes to it because I believe we are taking two opposite paths with it. Also yes you can just go do something but as I stated before, doing something wrong 1000 times won't magically lead to you doing it right with some type of guidance or understanding which can be found in the right books.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:38 pm 
Obsessed-Fan

I dunno man, if I had all that industry standard stuff. I'd be expecting to damn well get my chance IN the industry shiii7.
Depends on what you want to get into though. Concept Art is my gig, so having a billion books makes so sense to me, seeing as though details in that kind of art are brought about from life details and pure imagination...I don't know, what is it you're trying to do?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next