It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Please critic :)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:09 pm 
New-Fan

Listening To: You Can Have Me by Sidewalk Prophets
Reading: Elizabeth George
Drinking: Water
Playing: FE 7
So, please critic this picture. I don't have any fancy technology. I don't even know how to use Paint very well, especially not for drawing. This is all pen, pencils, and coloring pencils. I'm also trying to find some technology I could learn to use.

http://acoustic-adoration.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2p1cxq

Post subject: Re: Please critic :)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:16 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

No too much to say, I would preffer to see something that is not a fan art and more your own work. Also try to post it like a image and not like a link.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:09 pm 
New-Fan

Listening To: Goldie Lookin' Chain
Reading: The Great And Secret Show
Eating: Nothing
Drinking: Milk
Playing: Red Alert 3
Gimp's a good, free tool for lineart and colouring, and you can find some good tutorials if you search on deviantArt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 pm 
New-Fan

The hard thing about drawing my own work is that I'm not recognized on Deviantart yet. I'm hoping to draw more fanart then be able to draw my own work.
Also... I don't know how to post the actual picture. Still new to this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:12 pm 
Naughty-Fan

Acoustic-Adoration wrote:
The hard thing about drawing my own work is that I'm not recognized on Deviantart yet.

And what does one have to do with the other?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:30 am 
One-Lucky-Fan

Acoustic-Adoration wrote:
The hard thing about drawing my own work is that I'm not recognized on Deviantart yet.

Error 404....
No computing...
Please explain...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:57 am 
Obsessed-Fan

I think you're putting a big emphasis on popularity, when it's not so significant! Being popular does make a lot of us feel good--no worries on that. But as an artist, you shouldn't be lobbying for the public's approval so early on. Gaining popularity later in your art career is important only if you plan to make a living out of it. Right now you should probably consider just trying to improve your work. Being a good artist will gain you the same amount of popularity as being a fanartist.

If you draw what you care about and what you want to draw, your art will definitely turn out better than otherwise! So the best way to improve your art quickly is to draw things you like and would enjoy drawing more of. Once people note that you care about your work, more people will also want to care about yours, too.

Another reason why you shouldn't focus on being super popular is because it'snot all it's hyped up to be. If it's fanart, especially, people will have greater tendency to steal and plagiarize your work. You will get more "ohmigoshhh, kawaiiii!!!" comments than thoughtful comments that really matter. Not to mention that if you become popular from fanart alone, more people will be drawn to your page, and if you don't have sufficient skills to justify the attention, you will get a lot of flamers that will just put you down time and time again.

Here on MT, you don't really have to worry about any of that happening, so don't be afraid to post anything that you have. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:13 pm 
New-Fan

Celestial-Fox wrote:
I think you're putting a big emphasis on popularity, when it's not so significant! Being popular does make a lot of us feel good--no worries on that. But as an artist, you shouldn't be lobbying for the public's approval so early on. Gaining popularity later in your art career is important only if you plan to make a living out of it. Right now you should probably consider just trying to improve your work. Being a good artist will gain you the same amount of popularity as being a fanartist.

If you draw what you care about and what you want to draw, your art will definitely turn out better than otherwise! So the best way to improve your art quickly is to draw things you like and would enjoy drawing more of. Once people note that you care about your work, more people will also want to care about yours, too.

Another reason why you shouldn't focus on being super popular is because it'snot all it's hyped up to be. If it's fanart, especially, people will have greater tendency to steal and plagiarize your work. You will get more "ohmigoshhh, kawaiiii!!!" comments than thoughtful comments that really matter. Not to mention that if you become popular from fanart alone, more people will be drawn to your page, and if you don't have sufficient skills to justify the attention, you will get a lot of flamers that will just put you down time and time again.

Here on MT, you don't really have to worry about any of that happening, so don't be afraid to post anything that you have. :)

You know. I wrote that then regretted it. I feel better when people like it which gives me the boost to keep going. I don't get that anywhere else. I'm just in the middle when it comes to good or bad art work.
Probably sounds stupid. :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 pm 
New-Fan

This is original.

(Hey, Mega-Fan, I learned! :D)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:25 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

Soo you only want people to rise your ego?

And for the picture, from left to right (your left):
The neck of the first girl is a little to wide, her left arm is smaller than the right, also the hand is smaller. I like the lenght of the legs, it give some style, the problem is that the style is lost in the size of the foots and the disposition.

The second girl have a very weird disposition of muscles of the body. In the extended arm, you can see the tricept, for that the chest should be blended (but is not), and the blended arm that should show the tricept is doesn't showing it right, also the neck is short, the hands doesn't look good and the clothe fell too strong.

The third is the best and doesn't show all the problems that the other girls have. I would like it in a much more normal pose, than in the maniquie pose, but is ok.

Yeah I'm not good to feed ego =/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:45 pm 
New-Fan

Error 404 wrote:
Soo you only want people to rise your ego?

And for the picture, from left to right (your left):
The neck of the first girl is a little to wide, her left arm is smaller than the right, also the hand is smaller. I like the lenght of the legs, it give some style, the problem is that the style is lost in the size of the foots and the disposition.

The second girl have a very weird disposition of muscles of the body. In the extended arm, you can see the tricept, for that the chest should be blended (but is not), and the blended arm that should show the tricept is doesn't showing it right, also the neck is short, the hands doesn't look good and the clothe fell too strong.

The third is the best and doesn't show all the problems that the other girls have. I would like it in a much more normal pose, than in the maniquie pose, but is ok.

Yeah I'm not good to feed ego =/

Nope! This is great! Exactly what I want. :) I want a critic just like yours. The popularity part means I just want people to look at it. That's all. I don't want them to scream about how good it is, just look at it.

1. Okay. Should the feet be bigger or smaller?
2. Should the chest be angled? Because when a woman lifts her arms her chest goes with them (upwards). How isn't the tricept shown on the bent arm? I think in the neck, you also have to account for the shoulders going up, right? What about the hand doesn't look good? And too hard? Doesn't flow?
3. She's suppose to be stoic ;D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:05 pm 
One-Lucky-Fan

1. The feet should be more stetic, smaller or larger, doesn't matter to much the desition you take, is how you apply. if you made a larger feet but in high angle and with a proper style then is ok, if you make small feets, is ok to.

2. Yeah, well I put a human body with the muscles, as you can see the triceps is barely at sight, unles the arm is blended, then you can see both bicep and tricep. And in the case of the extended arm, the tricep is only seen in the area of the elbow, but not in the body. If you can see the tricep connected with the body in the case fo the extended arm, thats mean the chest is blended. The neck, is barely seen, but you can change that marking the shoulders (that are barely at sight) or move the head sightly up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 pm 
New-Fan

2. Ooohh I get it. Yeah, that tricep does look funky. And I changed the chest. Did you take anatomy or something?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:50 pm 
New-Fan

Better? I'm having trouble with the first girls feet still, I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:04 pm 
Giga-Fan

Yeah, the first girl's feet are a little off. But it's not the feet themselves that are the problem; it's in the knees. The way her knee is bent usually wouldn't allow for her foot to be raised up like that. Check the range of rotation on her ankle if her knee was all the way extended--it doesn't touch the ground. It's an easy fix, though.

Right now, you're not at a bad level in art. I know everyone asks this usually, but: how long have you been drawing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next