Hello all! I hope you have all settled into the new year as I have. If you don’t have any resolutions for this year, check out some suggestions here and maybe even grab yourself a free copy of Adobe’s Photoshop CS2 while you’re at it.
I can’t talk about the new year without talking about the past first so let’s see what happened last year:
a) We’ve gotten more tutorials from articles, how-to’s, video tutorials and so on.
b) The site has been upgraded to a more responsive site depending on whether you are viewing it on a mobile, tablet, or computer.
c) We’re slowly building up a presence in Twitter and Facebook.
d) Events and contests are slowly coming back particularly SaiMoe and Pimp My Art.
e) Book Reviews have slowly been brought back.
f) Inspiration of the Day started and has been going strong since spring.
For this year, I would definitely like to step up pretty much all of the above along with introducing new and fixing old features. Here’s my goals for Manga Tutorials this year:
1. Bring out tutorials consistently on a weekly basis.
2. Start the Artist of the Month.
3. Run a contest where members or fans can win prizes from art materials, magazines, books, and other good stuff.
4. Post a book review bi-weekly (since weekly is too little a time to read and then review a book).
5. Make available at least one Character (or Face) Maker for people to either use to create their own characters or find inspiration for their character design.
6. Update the download tutorials feature.
7. Start up the Manga Tutorials 100 Theme Challenge Gallery.
8. Begin the Design the Manga Tutorials Logo Contest.
9. Add more photo resources for reference purposes.
10. Keep up the Manga and Anime news postings.
…And that’s it! I’ll be starting with updating this site consistently with content before starting up the contests, Artist of the Month, gallery, and ending with the big enchilada – the Character Maker. Aside from the above, there is also my own personal goal of drawing more often so please look forward to seeing art posts under the member news section of the site. Happy New Years you guys and if you have a goal for this year – ganbatte!