In an effort to find “The World’s Best Artist”, Switzerland’s Polymanga 2013 has launched an international competition to find that person! Artists from across the globe are invited to join the competition with a pretty sweet Grand Prize:
An all-expense paid round-trip plane ticket from March the 28th to April the 4th 2013 to visit Polymanga 2013 (no matter the winner’s country provided there is an International Airport), including a week of travel, a fine hotel (3 stars or higher), an exhibit stand during the event (presence required) and 500 Euros as pocket money.
To enter, all you have to do is follow the following rules and guidelines:
1. Create an A4 300 dpi (free choice of the orientation) illustration around the theme “My last cat drawing before the end of the world.”
2. The work must also include the words “Polymanga 2013.”
3. The style of the work is free. (Note from Rio: I think they mean it can be realistic, manga-style, or other)
4. The technique can be traditional or digital.
5. Fan art is excluded.
6. Pornographic type drawings are excluded, lightly erotic drawings may be allowed at the discretion of the organizer.
7. Format: JPEG maximum quality 300 DPI A4, accompanied by 2 “Work in Progress” images in low resolution (to prevent theft).
8. The shipment must be made by its creator.
9. Creation must be completed by a single person.
10. The image must be original, never published before.
12. The same person may enter multiple times, but must send a separate email for each entry. The works will be posted within 10 days of receipt.
13. The email should include:
- The work in question in high resolution (attached file or link)
- The 2 “Work in Progress” images on the work in question (in lower resolution)
- The name on your passport (or ID card if it is valid to fly to Switzerland) and title (Miss, Ms, M)
- Your Artist Name
- Your e-mail
- Your website
- Your complete mailing address
- Your country code + phone number
Submissions must be sent in by November 1st, 2012 at 23:59, Paris time to email@example.com.
10 judges will decide the winner with the 10th judge being the public at large. Public votes will end December 1st with the remaining juries deciding by December 5th. 2nd Prize Winner will win an accommodation in a fine hotel (3 star or higher) close to Polymanga and an exhibit stand at the Polymanga event (presence required if the accommodations are used) and 3rd to 5th Prize Winners will each have an exhibit stand at the Polymanga event.
For the complete details in French, English and Japanese, visit Polymanga 2012. Good luck to all participants!