by Ayush Raj
Now, First Step -
1. First of all draw. You don’t have to worry about the neatness and cleanliness. draw as freely as you want.
2. Now, after having drawn the character or anything you take a thin sheet of paper. Not very thin! It should be as such that if you keep it upon your drawing then you can just see your drawing through it. It should also not be so thin that it tears off!
3. Now, take a black pen or thin tipped sketch pen (take whatever you prefer) and start tracing your drawing on the thin paper. Now, be very careful at this step. Your work should be very neat and the lines should be dark enough.
4. After tracing the drawing (this is the most crucial step) you scan your drawings. Well, if you don’t have a scanner at home then you can probably go to some cyber cafe and get it scanned.
5. Import the file in your computer. And yes, you should be having either Flash or Photoshop or Coral Draw in your system. If you don’t then you download it. Import your scanned artwork in the software you prefer and then invert it’s colors. That’s as easy as it sounds. In these software’s there is the ability of inverting the colors.
6. After inverting the colors you ‘save as’ your image by any name.
7. Open the ‘saved as’ image again in the software. Now, After you would have inverted the colors you would have seen that the white part of your image turned black and the black part white. Now, in the software there is a facility of setting a transparent color. Select the black color as the transparent color. You will see that the black part disappears. now take black color in the paint bucket tool and click it on the white lines that are left in your image.
8. Now, your image is ready for CG paint. Use the paint bucket tool and fill the colors in!
Tell me if this article helped you even a bit.