It’s been very quiet in regards to news here at MangaTutorials.com for the past week but that’s because I’ve busily been working on the new site. Yes, I’m working on the next version of Manga Tutorials!
If you’ve missed the little blurbs I was mentioning about the new Manga Tutorials, here’s a run-down of everything (or at least, what I can remember at the top of my head):
1) User content driven site – that means that submitting artwork to the gallery, video tutorials, tutorials, news, mega tutorial list, and yes, a new marketplace for those willing to do commissions will be much, much easier.
2) All users will have their own gallery in which they may upload their own drawings and artwork. Watermarking is an optional addition for those worried about protecting their artwork. There will be a mature content controlling ability, commenting, and art battling abilities. Yes, you can do a versus match between your artwork and someone else’s!
3) The gallery will include more areas aside from the current Your Art Gallery including an area for 11-Star Oekaki’s, Contests, Groupboard drawings, a Critique Zone, and more!
4) Members will have that ability to set up shop in the marketplace where they can post their commission prices, terms, and samples of their work. There will be a buy button for buyers to press which is directly connected to the sellers Paypal or 2checkout account.
5) If members would like to promote their marketplace page(s), they can buy an ad slot at the site very easily.
6) There will be one log-in for the whole site including access to the forum. (The current forum will be kept live, btw.)
7) There is the ability for members to change the theme to the website so you may customize the look and feel of the site. Site skinning contests will be held so you can get the chance to have your artwork featured on the site’s background!
8) Members can follow other members by adding them to their favorite list as well as rate each others work and leave comments.
9) Members can make bulletins announcing anything important either to everyone or just use the PM.
10) A more robust RSS Feed will be present so if you want to only keep track of video tutorial updates, for example, you may do so.
11) A shoutbox will be available to members for those who want a quick chat online.
12) Members can keep track of friends and even block enemies if they so choose.
I’ll be posting up pictures as I make progress with the new site so stay tuned for images and more concrete details! Cheers!